Generic Name: Sincalide (SIN ka lide)
Brand Name: Kinevac
Uses of Sincalide:
- It is used with a special imaging test.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Sincalide?
- If you have an allergy to sincalide or any other part of sincalide.
- If you have a bowel block.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take sincalide with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Sincalide?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using sincalide while you are pregnant.
- Sudden loss of the unborn baby or premature labor may happen with this medicine. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Sincalide) best taken?
Use sincalide as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- It is given as a shot into a muscle or vein.
- It is given as an infusion into a vein over a period of time.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
What are some other side effects of Sincalide?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Belly pain.
- Upset stomach.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Sincalide?
- If you need to store this medicine at home, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about sincalide, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about sincalide. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using sincalide.
Review Date: December 6, 2017
More about sincalide
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous uncategorized agents
Other brands: Kinevac