Generic Name: Selenium Capsules and Tablets (se LEE nee um)
Brand Name: Oceanic Selenium, Se Aspartate, Se-100, Se-Plus Protein, Selenicaps-200, ...show all 7 brand names.Selenimin, Selenimin-200
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 29, 2020.
Uses of Se-100:
- It is used to help growth and good health.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Se-100?
- If you have an allergy to selenium or any other part of Se-100 (selenium capsules and tablets).
- If you are allergic to yeast, talk with the doctor.
- If you are allergic to Se-100 (selenium capsules and tablets); any part of Se-100 (selenium capsules and tablets); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Se-100 (selenium capsules and tablets) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Se-100?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Se-100 (selenium capsules and tablets). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
How is this medicine (Se-100) best taken?
Use Se-100 (selenium capsules and tablets) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- It is best if Se-100 (selenium capsules and tablets) is taken with a meal.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
What are some other side effects of Se-100?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Se-100?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Se-100 (selenium capsules and tablets), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about selenium
- Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 2 Reviews
- Drug class: minerals and electrolytes
- Selenium Capsules and Tablets
- Selenium Injection Solution
- Selenium Oral Drops
- Selenium supplement (Advanced Reading)
Other brands: Selenium TR