Selenium Side Effects
Applies to selenium: oral capsule, oral tablet, oral tablet extended release
Along with its needed effects, selenium may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Get emergency help immediately if any of the following symptoms of overdose occur while taking selenium:
Symptoms of Overdose
- fingernail weakening
- garlic odor of breath and sweat
- hair loss
- itching of skin
- nausea and vomiting
- unusual tiredness and weakness
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about selenium
- Selenium Capsules and Tablets
- Selenium Time-Release Tablets
- Selenium Injection Solution
- Selenium Oral Drops
- Selenium supplement (Advanced Reading)
Other brands: Selenium TR