Salvax Duo Plus
Generic Name: Salicylic Acid Foam with Urea and Lactic Acid Foam Kit (SAL i SIL ik AS id with ue REE a and LAK tik AS id)
Brand Name: Salvax Duo Plus
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 28, 2019.
Uses of Salvax Duo Plus:
- It is used to treat skin irritation.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Salvax Duo Plus?
- If you have an allergy to salicylic acid, urea, lactic acid or any other part of this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus).
- If you are allergic to this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus); any part of this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Salvax Duo Plus?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Certain acne products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid can rarely cause very bad and sometimes life-threatening allergic reactions or very bad irritation. Before first use, you may need to follow certain steps to make sure you do not have an allergic reaction. Use this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus) as you were told by the doctor or read the package label. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus).
- Use care when putting on a large part of the skin or where there are open wounds. Talk with the doctor.
- If you use this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus) too often, your skin problem may become worse.
- Do not use longer than you have been told by the doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- You may get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen and wear clothing and eyewear that protects you from the sun.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
- If you are breast-feeding, do not put this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus) on the chest. Talk with your doctor.
Salicylic acid foam:
- Do not give to children and teenagers who have or are getting better from flu signs, chickenpox, or other viral infections due to the chance of Reye's syndrome. Reye's syndrome causes very bad problems to the brain and liver.
- Do not give to a child younger than 2 years of age.
- This medicine may catch on fire. Do not use near an open flame or while smoking.
How is this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus) best taken?
Use this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus) by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Avoid putting on healthy skin.
- Do not use on open wounds or infected skin.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Shake well before use.
- Put foam on affected part and rub in gently.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Ringing in ears.
- Hearing loss.
- Fast breathing.
- Mood changes.
- Very bad dizziness.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of Salvax Duo Plus?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Salvax Duo Plus?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store upright with the cap on.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Salicylic acid foam:
- Protect from heat or open flame. Do not puncture or burn even if it seems empty.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (Salvax Duo Plus), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.