I am having sore throat and was prescribed azithromycin, i took 250mg of azithromycin on day 1 and in the evening when i read the instructions, it says to take 500mg should i take other 250mg now or take 500mg on day 2?
Still on day one, right?
Take the second pill now & tomorrow take the antibiotic (azithromycin) as it was written exactly.
Bestpup gave you perfect advice.
You are getting the full dose on day #1.
If I may add my two cents...
Just to review (in addition to your pharmacis's direction) :
- Drink a full glass of water with the pill.
- It can be taken on a full or empty stomach. Tolerability is reported more successful with food.
- If you are taking the Extended Release, take it on an empty stomach.
One hour before meals or two hours after eating.
- It's important to take it at the same time every day.
- The most frequent side effects are -
Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and headaches. Do NOT use any OTCs for upset stomach because it may interfere with the med absorption.
- No matter how you are feeling, take the entire course of medication until finished.
- Write down the name of the medication. If a doctor asks you in the future what antibiotics you have taken
You will know.
- Azithromycin Information for Consumers
- Azithromycin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Azithromycin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.