Will methylprednisolone cause weight gain?

ukliz 16 Jan 2011

My experience with this medication is that I normally do put on weight a short while after having the treatment, It always increases my appetite so I do eat more. But the medication out weighs the weight gain, because the medication helps me in so many other ways so I wouldn't let this bother you so much. Think about the way the medication is going to improve your symptoms more.

Debrincon 16 Jan 2011

I don't know anyone who takes this medication, for that I am sorry? MAYBE Next time I can help. Deb.

JACQUELYNN 17 Jan 2011

I was put on this, after I had my lung surgery! I have gained about 35lbs, so I quit taking it! I am having trouble getting this weight off! I do try and power walk in the summer and it will allow me to lose a few pounds, but it just returns after the summer is over! I also know this can make you a little moody and sometimes you just don't feel like yourself! You should ask your Dr. about taking Sprivia, that's what I'm on now and it doesn't cause any weight gain! Hope this helps! Good luck!