Will hydrocodone and oxycodone show up the same in a urine drug test?

Anonymous 12 Aug 2010

bart4312,
No. They have separate metabolites and break down into synthetic codeine. Neither should appear on a standard drug screen Which generally looks for morphine or codeine in its' pure state. I have also read that oxy doesn't break down into syn. codeine. In any case , they would have to do a more complex screen to determine what is in your system-and after 48 hours, you're pretty much in the clear. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you. Julie

Nemoo4 20 Jan 2017

My daughter takes hydrocodone and in her Uas at the police station she pops positive for oxy codon so why is that

moobie 15 Jun 2017

@Nemoo4

You were replying to a post from 2010. I know that you posted in January of this year, but come on man.

misled 12 Aug 2010

It may very well show up if they ask if they each are there, it will. If not then I would magine only opiates will. You my freind in need of pain or not are playing with fire,just a little angel poking in here letting you know the devil is on the prowl( heads up). Have a blessed day 5months clean.

millenialbaby88 13 Jul 2017

I don't buy the "Angel poking in here" (whatever that even means) , if you want to be encouraging... say just that, something encouraging. What you said was completely condescending and rude. Find a better approach.

tripsixes 15 Aug 2010

Yes they will. All pain medications show up as the same thing in drug tests. They show up as Opiates, which is actually the drug that is in the pain meds.
No matter if you take Morphine, Dimerol, Oxycodone, Oxymorphone, hydrocodone, Dilaudid, whatever... they all show up as opiates in a drug test.

vetteangel11 16 Mar 2011

No they will show up as 2 different drugs. This happened to me 2 months age.I ran short on my 7.5/325 percocets& took a 7.5 loratab I had from hand surgery and did the pee test at pain clinic and doc ask me why I had codeine in my system. So no they are different/ not the same. But close

Debec 23 Jan 2017

Need to know if they are the same kind of medication and know the safety issues.

Irishistwinkling 14 Jul 2017

I believe it does. Hope that helps EVERYONE.