Will hydrocodone and oxycodone show up the same in a urine drug test?

Inactive 12 Aug 2010

bart4312,
No. They have separate metabolites and break down into synthetic codeine. Neither should appear on a standard drug screen Which generally looks for morphine or codeine in its' pure state. I have also read that OxyContin doesn't break down into syn. codeine. In any case , they would have to do a more complex screen to determine what is in your system-and after 48 hours, you're pretty much in the clear. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you. Julie

Nemoo4 20 Jan 2017

My daughter takes hydrocodone and in her Uas at the police station she pops positive for oxy codon so why is that

moobie 15 Jun 2017

@Nemoo4

You were replying to a post from 2010. I know that you posted in January of this year, but come on man.

tripsixes 15 Aug 2010

Yes they will. All pain medications show up as the same thing in drug tests. They show up as Opiates, which is actually the drug that is in the pain meds.
No matter if you take Morphine, Dimerol, Oxycodone, Oxymorphone, hydrocodone, Dilaudid, whatever... they all show up as opiates in a drug test.

vetteangel11 16 Mar 2011

No they will show up as 2 different drugs. This happened to me 2 months age.I ran short on my 7.5/325 percocets& took a 7.5 loratab I had from hand surgery and did the pee test at pain clinic and doc ask me why I had codeine in my system. So no they are different/ not the same. But close

Debec 23 Jan 2017

Need to know if they are the same kind of medication and know the safety issues.

Irishistwinkling 14 Jul 2017

I believe it does. Hope that helps EVERYONE.

David LeBlanc 22 Dec 2017

I am curious if they will show up different cause I been told several answers is why I am asking

Tricia Rogers 5 Jan 2018

I don't know but would like to because of my boyfriend