What is the differance in yellow,purpleand red syrup?

hmhaas 3 Nov 2009

There is no different in the color of the medications. The reason the colors are different is because of the "inactive ingredients" being used with the medication and different manufacturers make the drugs and want them to be a different color to distinguish difference with other companies.

imdadrdre 28 Apr 2010

The previous answer is incorrect. I dont know what the correct answer is but answer this one. Why do they taste totally different if they are the exact same thing?

frickdaLAW 6 Mar 2012

the purple is the stongest depending on what kind of purple actavist is the stongest and has the best flavor.
red is a lot weaker but still has a good flavor.
and the yellow is nasty & also weak.

Stephieforshort 31 Mar 2017

The yellow doesn't have the promethazine in it. The ingredient that helps you sleep. It's just codine

Myiesha 26 Oct 2017

Yellow does not have codeine

Needtoknow7 3 Mar 2017

The first answer is correct.

Tizzo 23 Apr 2017

I have now, a clear- which ingredients are guaifenesin and codein.
The guaifensin is a decongestant (I'm pretty sure)
And a purple which is promethazine (an allergy medication) and codein.

Not sure about the red tho- I'm trying to find out which is actually how I came across this post...

Klinkology 25 Apr 2017

Actavist - purple
Hi-tech - yellow
Reddish-orange - rite-aid the orange bottle
Actavist and Hi-tech will get you slammed rite-aid will do the same it's weaker but you have to drink more to get the same type of "high". They are all downers due to the allergy medicine aka Promethazine is a drowsy allergy medicine. Actavist and Hi-tech are a lot more expensive than the rite-aid. Your looking at sometimes 400$ depending on where you are located.

Cambolicious 26 Apr 2017

Purple - actavist
Red - high tec
Light purple - qualitest or MFG
Green - caraco
These are the commonly abused ones because they have codiene the main drug that provides the euphoria.

These just sedate you because they only have promethazene ( without codiene )
- all yellow
- green qualitest

roytazzman 17 days ago

Yellow is the strongest, it's called Tussionex
It's a very thick syrup and has Hydrocodone in it.