What does promethazine show up as on a drug test?

suzanne66 30 Nov 2010

Promethazine could give a false positive result for an amphetamine.

FAD3D 24 Aug 2011

Promethazine in my experience has never showed on a drug screen (UA) as anything. It is a phenothiazine, used for nausea, and some allergy symptoms, as well as motion sickness. I take it and take random Urine Analyses at my Methadone clinic and on probation, and it does not show. It isn't a controlled substance or a narcotic either. However, it does enhance certain medications like Benzodiazepines and opiates. Everyone has different reactions to medications, so you never know, and I have had false readings on UAs.
*****I am not a healthcare professional and the information I have stated is based on personal experience alone.*****

rika_renee_84 9 Jan 2012

I take drug screens 9 panel for probation and yes phenegan/promethazine does show up because my probation officer tripped out when i didnt write it down as med I was on b/c my screen came back positive do to taking it. I am not sure what it came back as though

187Moe 9 Mar 2012

I imagine you did test positive if you took phenergan/promethazine because thats the the one with Codeine in it. Thats the syrup that people abuse and illegally sell on the street for over $40 an ounce. Most drug tests screen for Codeine. I've never heard of a drug test for Promethazine though.

cassiedugger 6 May 2012

The promethazine you MOST LIKELY took was the one with codeine in it, because phenergan does NOT show up on a drug test. I was just drug tested by my suboxone doctor, and had taken the pill (phenergan/promethazine) and it did NOT show up.

Ladner87 11 Nov 2016

Barbiturates

Karrie whitehead 8 Feb 2017

Nothing

kelekele 19 Aug 2017

it could show as amphetamines. but to clarify to these others that are talking about codeine in phenergan. codeine is not in phenergan. and PROMETHAZINE IS THE GENERIC NAME FOR PHENERGAN. THEY ARE THE SAME DRUG.