Does Trazodone make you hungry?

masso 16 Nov 2013

I checked the list of possible side effects an increased appetite is not listed.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/trazodone-side-effects.html

486ocean 16 Nov 2013

Thank you. That makes me feel a lot better! : )

masso 16 Nov 2013

Well, you are certainly welcome!

chuck1957 16 Nov 2013

Hi 486OCEAN I went a little deeper in my books from work and knowing i have taken trazadone at if i stayed up more than 15 minutes after i took it i was tearing the kitchen apart.And also several customers have complained about this Now the good new is that weight gain and loss are about the same of those taking the drug and those taking the sugar pill or placbo and most comman is weight loss..So here is the info i copyed and paste from trazodone anyway all the trazodone i dispenced i never seen anyone gain any noticable weight i feel nothing to worry about l... Chuck WISE retired Pharmacy Technician Cpht

486ocean 17 Nov 2013

Hi Chuck1957,

Thank you so much for sending that. How nice of you to do all that research! I do feel so much better now about the weight gain, or probably lack of, with Trazodone. I am on other medication, so I will have to research further. Thanks again and have a nice night.

DeeDee1977 29 Dec 2017

Thank u for your information u have given . the doctor that put me on trazadone never told me about any of the side effects. I am now trying to wean myself off of it 25 mg at a time I was on 300 mg I'm now down to 75 mg. So far no withdraw. Thanks again.

DeeDee1977 29 Dec 2017

I am currently taking trasadone. If I say up for more than 15 min after taking the medication I am so hungry. But the next day I have absolutely no appetite. I have lost 14 lbs in 3 mos. I am currently trying to wean myself off the drug.

simkitkat66 29 Dec 2017

486ocean, hi. I also wondered if Trazodone was making me more hungry! That's a very good question you posted. I have been on Trazodone 50 mg for several years now, but it's only in the past year that I have gradually gained 10 pounds and I don't know why! I don't have a big appetite. Have you gained weight? Does the Trazodone help you with insomnia. Sometimes Trazodone helps me, and sometimes it doesn't help much at all with sleep. I hope you are doing well with the Trazodone and sleeping better.