Do the tramadol HCL 50mg cause you to loss weight?

Edwin1 13 Aug 2013

Yes, this medication can cause you to eat less, hence, lose some weight.

MacIntosh12 13 Aug 2013

Hi ms sexy,
I know several people (with fibromyalgia) that haven't gained nor lost weight while taking Tramadol. It may affect your appetite but please don't take this synthetic opioid analgesic for that reason, it is addictive and can cause problems if abused (not accusing you, not judging either, promise!) and abrupt cessation can cause seizures. Do be careful with Tramadol, it's not as innocuous as people think.
Best wishes to you,
Lara

Makpaz 2 Jul 2016

A lot of the Tramadol warnings are regurgitated bolony. 50mg once daily will never give you seizures.

You may lose weight, feel bette- become more active, lose the bellt... Just keep the low dose (50mg).

Delila 13 Aug 2013

Hi, i did loose a lot of weight when taking Tramadol, but not in a good way. It became an obsession and led to an eating disorder. Tramadol also affected my mood, i wasn't a very nice/happy person during my Tramadol phase. Please take heed in what MacIntosh has written. Tramadol are highly addictive, and much more 'dangerous' than people know.

gramps-1 24 Oct 2015

I have happily lost 26# in 3 mo's by taking only half a tablet in morning and just started taking quarter tablet before dinner which has helped with the dreaded evening snacking! Any more than that will leave me cranky and snippy with others plus anymore than that leaves me woozy like I had a few too many alcohol shots! This is the first time in my life that I haven't craved snacks in the evening which has been my biggest weight problem! Plus the energy i have now is the best part, from the time i take this med until late evening i'm up and moving! I'm getting things done now that I've been putting off for ever and In a much happier mood and excited to accomplish these tasks! Also doesn't cause sleeplessness as long as taken before 6pm and in these doses and i sleep good all night! Some of us are lucky yet others I've talked to get little to no benefit with their pain or weight loss! Cant say enough great things about this miracle drug!

Mdlfcrss 19 May 2015

I have taken Tramadol and noticed significant weight loss. 20 lbs. to be exact and am absolutely thrilled. After I suffered a leg fracture 6 years ago, I became very inactive and put on a lot of weight. I was very embarrassed of my appearance and hid behind a black fleece vest for years. I am small frame, but thin legged, so I camouflaged it well. Until summer came and it was too warm to wear such a thing. After an awful shoulder injury 1 year ago, I began taking Tramadol. Within one month I was down 6 lbs and was so happy. It also gave me a boost of energy so I began power walking daily. After my shoulder surgery, I was unable to drive for 4 months and was forced to walk everywhere. Fast forward... 20 lbs. down in only 3 1/2 months and I couldn't be happier. I also have kept off the weight since then and feel great. Everyone is different. I neither recommend nor discourage use of Tramadol to anyone. Just sharing my personal experience.

Makpaz 6 Jan 2016

Unbelievable! I thought I was the only one!

Almost identical story. Lost 21lbs in 5 months. Started power walks. Have better mood and outlook.

Talked to a psychiatrist who is so numb, narrow minded and brain washed. I asked for monthly Tramadol refill based on my extraordinary outcome. He says my response to Tramadol is psychosomatic.

I'm thankful for all the blessings of 50mg Tramadol daily with zero need to increase dose.

Some people process Tramadol better than others. I think South Europeans and Middle Easterns benefit most from it, while Anglos and Asians much less.

I had a family tragedy two years ago and only after starting Tramadol (for abdominal pain originally) 8 months ago I saw the light.

Pambruce90 2 Jul 2016

Hi there I'm just starting to take tramadol for fybro and really concerned that I put on weight as I've already put on after a hysterectomy does anyone else think this is possible

cassi22 3 Jun 2016

I still think my doctor is crazy. I have lost 65lbs. In about a year for no explained reason. I eat horribly. I work nights and watch my 3 toddlers during the day so my go to food is a soda and candy! And yet I was losing about 10 lbs every 3 months... It was insane. My doctor kept giving me the thumbs up all the while my family thinks I'm dying. My doc said it's because of tramodol which I can't believe is the cause but it seems to be true.