Is tramadol an opioid?

7 Answers

Rajive Goel 29 May 2012

Tramadol hydrochloride is a prescription pain medication. It is licensed for the treatment of moderate to moderately severe pain in adults.
Take care, best wishes!

Delila 29 May 2012

Hi, Rajive has already given you the correct description, i just wanted to add that it is a synthetic opiate, it becomes opiate like when it mixes with the bodies chemistry. Someone told me this once and it helped me to understand a bit better : )

balbanese 29 May 2012

Delia, did you see my comment to you? I can't PM you yet. That comment was not directed at you. There was a conflict with another poster and I should have handled it with a private message. My bad. Sorry for the misunderstanding to you & anyone else who took this the wrong way. Very sorry, please forgive me.

Delila 30 May 2012

Yes I did. Thank you, apology accepted : )

Inactive 29 May 2012

I totally agree with the others answers, but am giving you a link to read about tramadol. It will help you understand it's addictive qualities also. Hope this helps too... Mary
https://www.drugs.com/tramadol.html

Inactive 12 Jun 2012

It is a synthetic opioid. Mary is right, very addictive and dangerous, especially if stopped cold turkey or abused, siezures are a possibility.
Beware.

Lmbs 30 Jun 2015

Thank you for the information. It's conflict in one says it is addicting another says it's not

balbanese 29 May 2012

No. It's a synthetic (whatever that means). Hope this helps.

Inactive 12 Jun 2012

Synthetic means it was made in a lab, & not taken from a plant base like many are... Mary

balbanese 12 Jun 2012

I knew that! :)

123land 9 Jun 2017

balbanese, if you knew what "synthetic" means, then why add "(whatever that means)"?

psdontmissheaven 7 Jun 2013

Will this medication show positive on a 7 panel drug screen?

Delila 8 Jun 2013

I'm sorry, i'm not sure how the 7 panel drug screen is conducted, it will show up in a urine test though.

123land 9 Jun 2017

No, it does NOT. I know, I take it, and have been tested...

masso 5 Jul 2017

Yes, Tramadol is an opioid pain medication used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain.

masso 5 Jul 2017

BTW, Tramadol is a synthetic opioid.-

bubbies1999 14 Jul 2017

Tramadol is most definitely an opioid. As previously stated it is synthetic but never the less it is a potentially dangerous one as far as dependency and abuse. DO NOT take this drug more than needed, and especially for a extended length of time. USE WITH EXTREME CAUTION!!!