Can I quit taking as I no Longer need it?
I have been taking tramadol for pain for shingles. I take 50M at bedtime?I quit taking as I no?
Question posted by Gracie94 on 21 March 2013
Last updated on 24 March 2013 by Kishan Vasekar
Here is practical Way I am doing for my pains in leg after heart attack.
1.Was taking Tramadol 50 mg, twice a day for 1 year.
2.Started taking once a day for last one month.
3.Having back ache since last 2 weeks , so taking 1 1/2 tabs per day.
4. Now onwards I will take One at bedtime and keep half in pocket and
just visualise that I am taking that half when I am praying /meditating. Seems to work.
5. I am continuing Physiotherapy, YOGA and Breathing exercises .
6. Diet control and Exercise has helped me to reduce Cholesterol to normal levels without STATINs. (Medicines for lowering cholesterol.)
QUIT IMMEDIATELY and Start Prayers / meditation --God Bless-thanks
gabapentin is the drug that works. Believe me, I am clearing up shingles right now and it is fierce. 1500mg is my magic number per day. Lidocaine patches also help a lot. GABA treats nerve pain, which is what we have. It also clears up neuropathy. Get back to your doc and better treatment will help. Write me if you have more questions.
The hospital where I spent four days for this and my doc prescribed this. I wouldn't have made it without it. Wishing you better health. Karen
Hi, i agree. You probably could just stop them, but it certainly won't do any harm to half the dose for a week or 2 and then discontinuing them. Make sure you tell your doctor you are no longer taking them, or plan to stop.
Because tramadol can have dependence I would say cut them in half for a week, then try stopping them. You weren't taking much and you could probably just stop them, but as a caution I'd cut them.
- Tramadol uses and safety info
- Tramadol information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side effects of Tramadol (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.