Can taking Bactrim cause a drug test to come back positive?

kaismama 14 Mar 2013

In a perfect world it certainly shouldn't, however the urine drug screens used are pretty unreliable and many things can cause false positives.

happybrandee 14 Mar 2013

No it will not. And even if you are taking a urine drug screen,Bactrim should still not come back as a positive for anything!
I know that there are people on here who have no faith in urine drug screens, but... it depends on the type of urine test that is being done, the lab that is doing it , and the quality of the test that is being done!
I have been getting urine drug test done for 12 years now and have NEVER had a false-positive or a False-Negative test. But... the lab that my clinic uses is very through, and we pay a lot for our test so they are extreamly reliable! Not ALL urine drug test are unreliable!!!