Suboxone - how different is the pills from the strips any benefits with one or the other!?

Thor283 19 Aug 2011

Hi Blossom,

I don't take Suboxone, I take Subutex so this is based on what I've read others say. The strips are supposed to be better. These are some of the reasons.
1. Each strip is individually wrapped. So it's very well protected against the elements or an elephant sitting on it. Even the Hammer of the Mighty Thor failed to harm it. (LOL ok, just a little joke for everyone else who loved the movie)
2. The strips taste better.
3. The strips dissolve easier and more completely, leaving less Naloxone tainted saliva in your mouth. Technically you're supposed to spit the saliva out of your mouth or you can absorb the Naloxone. You don't want to do that. This is supposed to be much easier with the strips.
4. The strips can be cut very precisely with scissors if you don't want to take the full amount. Yeah OK, I know it says not to do that. They'd rather have you spit it out and then need another strip for the remainder of the dose. They sell more strips that way. The more they sell, the more cabin cruisers the co. execs get to buy. But seriously. Almost everyone needs to take less than the full amount at some time in their treatment plan. Cutting a strip with scissors is so much better than cutting a pill, even with a brand new razor. I know, because I cut the pills everyday. I almost never take the full amount.
5. The co. was putting coupons out for the strips, so the strips were cheaper.
6. I think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong on this, the expiration date of each strip is printed on the wrapper of each strip.

If I took Suboxone I'd get the strips. I want to say this. I have noticed an odd thing with this drug. Whatever form you get used to taking it in, if you change you don't feel right for quite some time. So I think when the strips first came out that people taking the pills for 6 months or more tried the strips and hated them. I have no idea why this is. I also noticed that when I first started Sub I did take Suboxone. One month my doc let me try Subutex and I hated them. I had to go back, flush them in front of him, and he then gave me Suboxone again. Six months later I needed surgery, and after it I had to go back on Sub. This time I was inducted using Subutex. And I got used to Subutex. A month later I tried Suboxone and this time I hated the Suboxone. So I stayed with Subutex. Very odd, but this was my experience with this med. So if you're going to take the strips stay with them, or if you take the pills stay with them. You can change. But your body will need time to adjust to the new form.