Does propranolol effec night. time sleep?

masso 23 Mar 2016

Nervous system
Rare cases of paresthesias and myasthenia gravis have been associated with propranolol.[Ref]

Common (1% to 10%): Fatigue and/or lassitude (often transient), sleep disturbances, nightmares, sleep disorder, agitation, somnolence, irritability.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/propranolol-side-effects.html

Delila 24 Mar 2016

Hi, as Masso has responded, it can do. However not in all cases. I didn't have any sleep disturbance when i was taking it. You won't know until you try it unfortunately

chuck1957 26 Mar 2016

I know you already have a couple of great answers, I don't know what dose you're on But I have been taking the 80mg Sr. Capsules for almost 20 years and outside of being tired for the first few days, it has never bothered me at all. I started it for Migraine prevention which it works really well for me. But the best benefit I got is it really helped my anxiety a lot. But as said we all react differently to medications so all you can do is try it. But I have really had no side effects. Remember that also if you live in a real sunny place during that time of year you want to wear sunscreen it can cause you to sunburn easy photosensitivity. Chuck1957

chuck1957 4 Apr 2016

Whoever asked if anything it may help you sleep but even that would be temp. and it's rare to effect the sleep after you have taken it for a few days. if it is check with your doctor could just be you are not able to take them. these are a beta blocker which many people develop a cough and that might be what is waking you up and if it happens to one the doctor well have to change it to a different class of meds because if it happens with one it most likely well with another Chuck1957

tomtom4 3 Apr 2016

It affects different people in different ways, it caused sleep disturbance and insomnia for me at 3x 40mg per day. It is a common side effect of the drug because it crosses the blood-brain barrier.