Skip to main content

Does Promethazine have Codeine in it and if so why isn't it designated as a narcotic also?

5 Answers

kaismama 20 Nov 2014

Its not a narcotic, it has no codeine. There is a cough syrup with both but that is a narcotic. Promethazine is an antihistamine.

Eddyala1 26 Dec 2014

Promethazine is not a narcotic and has no codeine in it. Sometimes Doctors tell patients that the drug they are giving them is a narcotic,thinking that they will feel better but they don't. I wish Doctors would stop telling fairy tells and show little guts because the majority of Doctors today are wimps and scared s#%&less. I wish they would grow some balls already and stop being scared to write !

Junky774 25 Oct 2016

Please inform me if promethazine green has codeine in it?

Siajahay 3 Jan 2018

I was told by my doctor that it is referred to as a narcotic just because it can make you sleepy. Like they are not allowed to call a refill into the Pharmacy we actually have to go and pick it up because of this fact.

Antoine7518 5 Jun 2018

Does orange promethazine has codeine in it