... will it take to leave my system?
I was prescribed 20 mg prednisone tablets for 7 days for a rash. Today was my last dose. How long?
- 13 May 2015 by Broadwayhat
- 9 June 2015
- skin rash, prednisone, dosage, prescription, tablet
It was tapered from 3 tabs a day to 1 tab a day.Added 13 May 2015:
It was tapered from 3 tabs for 2 days, 2 tabs for 2 days, and 1 tab for 3 days.
The half-life of prednisone is 2-4 hours. Since you reached a steady state with the drug, it may take many more hours to leave your system, as much as 48 or more. Drinking extra water will speed the process somewhat.
- Prednisone Information for Consumers
- Prednisone Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Prednisone (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.