It has caused long term acute problems, I am on dialysis. My question would be can a person like me still develop kidney stones? I am in much more pain, I have recently been in the hospital for 6 months and this is new, I don't want to go back to the hospital. Any advice?
Kidney Infections - My kidney disease was caused by damage from vancomycin, an antibiotic.
- 13 Mar 2021 by Kathy Holler
- 13 March 2021 (5 weeks ago)
- nephrolithiasis, infections, pain, kidney infections, bacterial infection, vancomycin, methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus infection, antibiotics, kidney, disease, acute, dialysis, hospital
I'm sorry you are going through this pain.
I also have CKD but no dialysis.
I’ve had kidney pain from an infection.
I’ve had kidney pain during a diagnostic test. I think it was squeezing the smaller atrophied kidney causing pain. It was gone after a few hours.
I’ve had pain from kidney stones (small) and the pain goes away after treatment.
Does your doctor know about this?
Do you have a fever?
Unfortunately, it’s the weekend but you need to go through the answering service but you need him now.
It may be something concerning that may worsening the KD. Don’t take a chance!
Call your doctor and if there is a problem getting through considering ER. Always be concerned when pain intensifies or fevers develop.
Don’t wait to self-diagnose because with you, you will need labs.
Be well, my friend.
- Vancomycin Information for Consumers
- Vancomycin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Vancomycin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.