Has anyone noted sensitivity of the teeth or mouth with use of Topamax?

Anonymous 28 Jul 2010

Hi,

I take Topamax and have not experienced what you have. Also what you are feeling is not listed as side effcets.-

I suggest you contact your doctor.

Best of luck

vdudley 29 Jul 2010

Thank you, I have left several messages and I am waiting for a call back.

Anonymous 29 Jul 2010

Hi, I never got your messages... we communicate threw private questions, I add you as a friend then you do the same and once the process in compelte you can ask me private questions, and I will respond..of course.-

All the best.-

christineATU 29 Jul 2010

Maso, I think she meant she left messages with her doctor but no call back yet. :--) Please don't take offense to my comments, only trying to help you understand better my Chilean friend!

tofugoddess79 28 Jul 2010

I have been on the max dose of Topamax for several years and have never experienced anything like that. I take it mainly for my depression, but I know that it it promoted to help with headaches, so if you think that you have any type of mouth pain associated with the drug, I suggest seeing your Dr. immediately. Possibly off the subject, since I am not sure what kind of mouth pain you are meaning... If you haven't had your wisdom teeth out yet, I would think about getting those checked out too. I had mine out 12 years ago and they were impacted (growing sideways into my other teeth) and it was causing alot of headaches and jaw pain. Just a thought.

vdudley 29 Jul 2010

Thank you for your input. I had my wisdom teeth taken out 30 years ago, so I am sure that it is not that. I did speak to my pharmacist tonight who did say symptoms in the mouth are noted in the liturature but not specific to sensitive teeth. She suggested in addition to a call to my doctor a call to my dentist could help as they are usually more aware of medicatio that could affect the teeth. Thanks again.

Anonymous 29 Jul 2010

I hope not to over load you with Info.
Why is this medication prescribed?
Topiramate is used alone or with other medications to treat certain types of seizures in people who have epilepsy. Topiramate is also used with other medications to control seizures in people who have Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (a disorder that causes seizures and developmental delays). Topiramate is used to treat patients who continue to have seizures even when they take other anti-seizure medications. Topiramate is also used to prevent migraine headaches, but not to relieve the pain of migraine headaches when they occur. Topiramate is in a class of medications called anticonvulsants. It works by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain.

Anonymous 29 Jul 2010

I would suggest a search on googles

vdudley 29 Jul 2010

Certainly not an overload of information, as I have been in the healthcare/ medical field as a practioner for 24 years. My teeth too feel sensitive as if I have been punched but do includesome of my back teeth. I am at 75mg in the pm and 50 in the am. I am taking the medication for nerve pain due to a botched back surgery in addition to Cymbalta for the same. I had been taking Lyrica but I had an allergic to it. I also have a history of migraine which we are hoping it also affect. In the liturature the pharmacy has it mention symptoms of the several mouth but not specific to touth sensitivity or pain. I was told by the pharmacist to speak to my doctor but also to my dentist as they are more aware of medication that affects the teeth.Thank you for your input, I appreciate any information I can get.

Anonymous 29 Jul 2010

You say;
I have been in the healthcare/ medical field as a practioner for 24 years.

I would wonder Why you are asking on this web, as to you have knowlage to a great field of info.?
I make no claims to be a Doctor and passed information I found.
Sorry to have wasted my time
helping a healthcare/ medical field as a practioner for 24 years