Judging by the questions we've had this morning, this is needed.
For All You Girls with Birth Control and Pregnancy Questions
1. Bleeding is NOT a sign of pregnancy.
2. You need penetration to get pregnant.
3. Any penetration with a naked penis can make you pregnant, it doesn't matter how long, how far in, or if he ejaculated.
4. You have to wait 7 days before having unprotected sex with new birth control.
5. Bleeding is NOT a sign of pregnancy.
6. If you are on birth control and taking it correctly you are safe all the time. You have less then a 1% chance of pregnancy.
7. You don't need a condom to prevent pregnancy when you're on hormonal birth control, therefore you do NOT need to take plan B or any of those meds, if one breaks.
8. You can't use Plan B or any emergency contraceptive on a regular basis, it isn't meant for birth control, its for emergencies. It isn't as effective as regular birth control and it will mess up your cycle.
9. Bleeding is NOT a sign of pregnancy.
10. If you are on birth control and the dr puts you on an antibiotic you need to use a condom for the time you're on it and a week after it stops.
11. The apps that predict ovulation are only telling average believe it or not, only about 30% of women are average. We don't even ovulate at the same time every month, so using it for birth control is foolish.
12. When you're on the birth control pill, it controls your period, so the apps that track it are useless, don't let them confuse you.
13. Bleeding is NOT a sign of pregnancy.
14. We can't tell you if you're pregnant. We can tell you if there is a chance of it.
15. Emergency contraceptives don't work for sex after you take it.
16. To avoid false negatives, wait until your period is a week late to do a pregnancy test. Do the test first thing in the morning.
17. Bleeding is NOT a sign of pregnancy.
18. If your question is about a birth control pill we need to know what you're on and what week you're in.
19. When you start birth control pills you start with the color that has the most pills.
20. You need to read the directions before you start birth control pills.
21. You can't take your birth control pills any way you want. They come in order for a reason. They are made to work with your cycle, and if you stop them early to get your period, so you won't have it when it would be due, it won't work, all it will do is leave you open to pregnancy because you aren't on the active pill when you should be.
22. Bleeding is NOT a sign of pregnancy
23. There is no way to tell you if the emergency contraceptive worked or not.
24. Think before you act. It will avoid you being here begging for help after the fact, because you think you're pregnant.
25. Morning after pills or emergency contraceptives are not magic. They do not end a pregnancy in progress. They do not work if you've already ovulated. And they are less effective then regular birth control.
26. Early signs of pregnancy include lack of a period and nausea. They do not include back pain, stomach pain, headaches, bleeding other then your period. They also do not start immediately after sex.
27. Bleeding is NOT a sign of pregnancy.
28. Misoprostal isn't as safe or effective as you think. It only works 40% of the time, and when it doesn't, it can cause infection and bleeding for you and serious damage to the baby, so you should not take it without a dr taking care of you.
29. You DO NOT ovulate when you're on the pill, so get rid of those apps.
30. The correct term is ejaculated, it is not cum, jizz, or anything else you can think of. Please use it.
Girls worrying about pregnancy please read?
Judging by the questions we've had this morning, this is needed.
Added 24 Jul 2014:
Gotta add, hormonal birth control lessens your uterine lining. This gives you less to "bleed". Its not unusual to even skip a period once in a while. If you miss 2 in a row you should call your dr.
Added 24 Jul 2014:
Now that you're done with this, read https://www.drugs.com/answers/girls-think-pregnant-girls-birth-control-questions-1262075.html
Added 25 Jul 2014:
A brown discharge is nothing more then old blood that needs to be gotten rid of. It means nothing and is not harmful.
This question has also been asked and answered here: For all girls who think they may be pregnant: Please Read!
Being an Australian where sex and sexual health education is mandatory for all 12 year olds (part of the national compulsory school curriculum), I have been bewildered by the lack of knowledge exhibited by some members (I know it's not their fault). Ignorance leads to teen pregnancies and potentially a host of other issues.
Thank you kaismama for posting a useful practical list of answers to questions you girls are yet to ask or to help you be better informed about your bodies and how they work. I won't tell you what sex is for but one answer is not to cause girls unnecessary stress and worry for weeks while the boy goes home for a good nights sleep.
So I am bleeding, that means I'm not pregnant , right? lol Oh and you forgot my favorite in the ejaculation list-nut! It is beyond frustrating the lack of knowledge in young kids. Sex education has been taken out of the schools because too many parents hollered that it should be done at home and this is true BUT it isnt being done! Too many parents assume their children "know everything" from books and movies but they DONT! They still have tons of questions so you that are parents and grandparents, even if it makes you uncomfortable-talk to your kids about their bodies and sex. What is normal and what isnt. IGNORANCE DOES NOT KEEP THEM SAFE!! They will be out there risking their health and bodies because they dont know anything! The level of ignorance that I see on this site ASTOUNDS me as a nurse educator! Some of these kids now know less than they did a generation ago.
It shocks me that kids still think pulling out before ejaculation is a birth control method! So please, you adults with kids, TALK to your kids about sex, calmly answer all their questions because keeping them in the dark about sex isnt going to keep them from having it. I have always made sure my kids knew the facts and allowed them to ask me anything and my boys HAVE asked me a lot of questions because even today with everything that is shown on TV and the movies, kids still have questions-answer them! Kids, talk to your parents! As difficult as it is to imagine, parents have sex-often! lol They should be able to answer your questions. Most moms would rather their daughters come to them and ask about birth control rather than risk an unplanned teen pregnancy. Your parents are not as dumb as you think they are (well in most cases anyway)! Talk and ask questions! The only dumb question is an unasked one!
Not to throw a stone in the pot but I would assume you could be pregnant and have spotting due to miscarriage. My daughter had spotting through out her pregnancy. Also antibiotics can affect oral birth control. Needless to say if you think you could be pregnant and are bleeding maybe a trip to the doctor might be advisable. As stated above make sure you are protected and know a child can result if not !
1) You cannot get pregnant just by kissing.
2) You CAN get pregnant if you have sex standing up
3) You CAN get pregnant the fist time you have sex
Ask a responsible person to show you the proper way to put on a condom
4) To clarify, a naked penis touching even the outside of the vagina has been known to cause pregnancy
5) More proper terms (additionally) are penis and vagina
6) Bleeding is NOT a sign of pregnancy
I had unprotected sex with my bf on 12 feb... I had taken the single dose of unwanted 72 with in 15 minutes for the first time... I am 25 ... Sex was For the first time and 1 never ever had such pill before... I don't know whether he has ejaculated inside or not... Do I had to take another pill...
M afraid of getting pregnant what should I do??? ... Plz reply..
I have been taking alessena 21 day pack starting on a Monday. Last month on the Monday of my third week i took my pill and then forget my pack when i went away for 4 days; therefore i didn't take a pill the tuesday-sunday. I wasn't able to get a hold of a new pack so i waited until Monday and started a new pack, i was just wondering if this is fine?
I recently had unprotected sex with my girlfriend which was a complete mistake and I might have "leaked" a little bit inside and I freaked out immediately and slipped on a condom and even made her take the pill the next day for safety measures, but I still have a feeling in my gut that she might be getting pregnant. She tells me shes dizzy sometimes and she has these cramps and stomach pains, but she also has spotting. I don't know if those are symptoms of the pill or if they're symptoms of pregnancy. Please help!
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 17 May 2013 • 53 answers
Posted 24 Jun 2013 • 2 answers
Posted 23 Nov 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 10 Aug 2015 • 1 answer
Am I pregnant?t! I need help everyone please read the description below for details. I am really wo?
Posted 26 Apr 2016 • 1 answer