Can I take the garcinia Cambogia if I am taking the levothyroxin pill for thyroid?

As long as you are not pregnant, breastfeeding, taking a diabetic medication (like insulin or glyburide), or a statin and you don't have Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia you should be fine. You should talk to your doctor if you are taking other medications.

readthefile 12 Apr 2014

Wrong. I am a medical professional as well as a thyroid cancer survivor. I had a patient give me some garcinia capsules to try after mentioning weight loss. In four days I GAINED eight pounds and the stuff wiped out my thyroid hormone.

Because these supplements are not regulated byt he FDA there are no studies but I can tell you this is what happened to me so wou;d absolutely NOT recommend any patient taking synthetic thyroid hormone to use garcinia products.

appreciatethehelp 6 May 2014

I tried the Garcinia Cambogia and started gaining weight and was very confused. Then it hit me. Do not take Garcinia Camogia if you are on tyroid medication. You will gain weight. I gained 5 pounds in a two week period and I was going to the gym 5 days a week.

I to take synthroid for 10 years for my hypothyroid. I'm pretty healthy and really only need to loose 10lbs give or take a lb, so I recently started to loose weight the right way and was doing the low calorie thing and exercising, 3 weeks in and a couple of lbs down I decided to use garcinia cambogia well 2 days later I was feeling exhausted and I mean hypothyroid exhausted, but I didn't think anything of it, then I started getting hungry and couldn't eat enough still not thinking nothing. But by day 4 I was physically unable to keep my eyes open and was walking around with a box of Girl Scout cookies. My husband said "its your thyroid meds"! And I started thinking how could it be? How could I get this low this fast? Then it hit me its the garcinia. Which lead me to here googling the same question to see if my suspicions where correct.

linda53 16 Apr 2015

I have to say thank you because I realized I am gaining weight instead of losing.Now I was talking75 mpg of syntroid and I was still gaining weight now on 112 syntroid to much sweating it like a ride. I am hoping to see my doctor today. Thanks for the information.

Thanks for your answers, I just purchased a bottle of garcinia cambogia cause as anyone with hypothyroidism knows, losing weight sucks... Glad to see so many reviews before I cracked the bottle and made it non refundable. Thanks! :)

trishalimon 10 Jul 2014

Runnerfly I am hypothyroid and I was wondering if you could please update on you're experience with Garcinia Cambogia. Thank you

herbalnut 21 Dec 2014

I have hypothyroidism and take meds for it. I have been taking Garcia Cambodia for about 4 months now. I am exhausted all of the time, and all I want to do is sleep. I will stop taking it starting today and see if my normal energy level returns.

have bbeen taking levothyroxin for hypothyroidism approximately a year, and I just started taking the garcinia Cambodia a week ago in an attempt to lose some of the weight I've gained. I take the levothyroxin and the garcinia together as soon as I wake up, then the garcinia 2 more times- afternoon and approximately an hour before bedtime. This week I have experienced the worst case of exhaustion/ fatigue I have ever experienced in my life approximately ½ hour- 45 after taking the morning dose. It is so bad that I have to lie down verses sitting to keep from falling over onto the floor. I wasn't sure what the garcinia Cambodia was interacting with until I read this thread.

I take Levothyroxin for hypothyroidism..I have been taking Garcinia for 3 weeks now.. I'm having headaches about 45 mins after taking the Garcinia I'm wore out now everyday ... Thank you everyone for the advise..

Can I take garcinia Cambodia if am taking the levothyroxine pill for thyroid

Pebe 20 Apr 2016

I have underactive thyroid I am 40 pounds overweight I've been taking my thyroid medicine since I was 12 years old I would like to know how to lose weight safe without it affecting my thyroid cause my thyroids already out of whack

DBlanchard 9 days ago

Thanks to everyone for your quick responses! I truly appreciate each and every one of them. I take 112.5 much Levothyroxine daily and still deal with fatigue to a certain level! I don't want to add to that fatigue by any means! So please, I truly do appreciate all of your responses! It has helped me make my decision upon Garcinia Cambogia!

Do any of you all know of anything else that may possibly work? I am limited in exercises due to failed back surgery. Kind of a catch 22 situation!. Again. Thanks so very, very much for your replies!!! ☺

9 days ago

Can I take Garcinia Cambodia if I am taking Levothyroxine?