I took one and have to do a drug test tomorrow it will be 48 hours after the fact but I want to know what to expect?
Does Gabapentin show up on a drug test Urine? and if so how long does it stay in your system?
My doctor tests for benzodiazepans and all kinds of stuff and was just wondering if it would show up as this or not?
Gabapentin has an elimination half-life of 5 to 7 hours. Half life is the time it takes for your body to reduce blood levels by half.
It takes around 5.5 x elimination half lives for a medicine to be excreted from ones system. Therefore gabapentin will be cleared from your system by approximately 38.5 hours (5.5 x 7 hours).
Other factors to consider:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
Gabapentin is not a controlled drug so they probably wont test for it on most drug screens.
There is absolutely no reason for them to even care about it. Its not a controlled drug and won't be tested for in a drug screen.
Needed to know thank
Some people say that they it stay in your system like 24 hours, but that isn't correct. I took one Monday tested Wensday and there was a faint trace. So I'd say 72 hours.
Is Neurontin a benzo
I did not receive an answer to my question.
I took 4 600mg gabapentin on Thursday and on Monday it was still showing up in my urine so I am not sure how long it takes to get out of your system but it was still in my system 5 days later.
It will show up in a drug screen now that DR's are testing for it due to abuse of the drug, even though it is not a narcotic! You should be OK the amount of time it takes to get out of your system is 32 hours
I am not sure how long it stays in your system but it is a lot longer than people are saying! I failed a urine screen 6 days after taking gabapentin.
I tested positive at 7 days. Seems like it has a lot to do with the amount ingested. Good luck to anyone reading this.
- Gabapentin Information for Consumers
- Gabapentin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Gabapentin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.