I took one and have to do a drug test tomorrow it will be 48 hours after the fact but I want to know what to expect?
Does Gabapentin show up on a drug test Urine? and if so how long does it stay in your system?
- 9 Apr 2013 by Feliciavest31
- 9 February 2019 (10 weeks ago)
- gabapentin, drug test, urine
Added 9 Apr 2013:
My doctor tests for benzodiazepans and all kinds of stuff and was just wondering if it would show up as this or not?
Gabapentin has an elimination half-life of 5 to 7 hours. Half life is the time it takes for your body to reduce blood levels by half.
It takes around 5.5 x elimination half lives for a medicine to be excreted from ones system. Therefore gabapentin will be cleared from your system by approximately 38.5 hours (5.5 x 7 hours).
Other factors to consider:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
Gabapentin is not a controlled drug so they probably wont test for it on most drug screens.
There is absolutely no reason for them to even care about it. Its not a controlled drug and won't be tested for in a drug screen.
Needed to know thank
Some people say that they it stay in your system like 24 hours, but that isn't correct. I took one Monday tested Wensday and there was a faint trace. So I'd say 72 hours.
Is Neurontin a benzo
I did not receive an answer to my question.
I took 4 600mg gabapentin on Thursday and on Monday it was still showing up in my urine so I am not sure how long it takes to get out of your system but it was still in my system 5 days later.
It will show up in a drug screen now that DR's are testing for it due to abuse of the drug, even though it is not a narcotic! You should be OK the amount of time it takes to get out of your system is 32 hours
I am not sure how long it stays in your system but it is a lot longer than people are saying! I failed a urine screen 6 days after taking gabapentin.
I tested positive at 7 days. Seems like it has a lot to do with the amount ingested. Good luck to anyone reading this.
- Gabapentin Information for Consumers
- Gabapentin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Gabapentin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Updated 20 Jun 2010 • 1 answer
Updated 4 Mar 2017 • 2 answers
Updated 3 Aug 2016 • 3 answers
Updated 18 Dec 2018 • 9 answers
Updated 11 Jun 2013 • 1 answer