I took one and have to do a drug test tomorrow it will be 48 hours after the fact but I want to know what to expect?
Does Gabapentin show up on a drug test Urine? and if so how long does it stay in your system?
- 9 Apr 2013 by Feliciavest31
- 12 July 2018 (10 weeks ago)
- gabapentin, drug test, urine
Added 9 Apr 2013:
My doctor tests for benzodiazepans and all kinds of stuff and was just wondering if it would show up as this or not?
Gabapentin has an elimination half-life of 5 to 7 hours. Half life is the time it takes for your body to reduce blood levels by half.
It takes around 5.5 x elimination half lives for a medicine to be excreted from ones system. Therefore gabapentin will be cleared from your system by approximately 38.5 hours (5.5 x 7 hours).
Other factors to consider:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
Gabapentin is not a controlled drug so they probably wont test for it on most drug screens.
- Gabapentin Information for Consumers
- Gabapentin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Gabapentin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 15 Jun 2010 • 1 answer
Posted 13 Oct 2010 • 2 answers
Posted 29 Jul 2011 • 3 answers
Posted 30 May 2012 • 8 answers
Posted 11 Jun 2013 • 1 answer