Gabapentin - sexual sensitivity unable to orgasm?

Anonymous 15 Jan 2011

Hi swann123,
Could you add how many miligrams you are taking?
Thank you,
sweetlemon

JACQUELYNN 17 Jan 2011

I have been taking 1,800 mgs of neurotin for almost 7 years and I haven't had any problems in the bedroom! You should ask your Dr, he may decrease the dose temporary to see if that's what is causing your problem!

Anonymous 17 Jan 2011

Hi JAQUELYNN,
You are taking 1800mgs of Neurontin? I am taking 300mgs to start, and going up to 600, do you have any side effects from this med? I am just wondering what my increase will be like.
Thank you in advance,

swann123 17 Jan 2011

1800 mg Mabe I should have said (male here)

Anonymous 17 Jan 2011

Hi swann,
I assumed you were female, so sorry!! I am not having that problem with Neurontin, perhaps it affects men differently?
Maybe you should call doc and ask about this? Or try Viagra or Cialis?
Just a thought.
Why are you taking Neurontin if I may ask? Add more info to your question if you can, and some of the men on here will reply. I shall alert some of my friends about you, OK?

swann123 17 Jan 2011

I had third degree burn to arm and hand was in UNC HP. Had skin graft to arm. Lot of pain with movement.

Anonymous 17 Jan 2011

Swann,
Sorry if I posted this twice...
That sounds horribly painful !!! Were you given any other pain meds? Because certain pain meds can cause the problem you are experiencing.

swann123 17 Jan 2011

Had other meds but I have not taken them in last six weeks . I take blood pressure med for two years but haven't had any problem with that. (metoprolol) 50 mg morning 100 night

Anonymous 17 Jan 2011

Swann,
Would you mind listing other meds, as that may be the cause?
SL

Anonymous 17 Jan 2011

Sorry Swann, I meant any pain meds you were on.
And the BP meds never caused this problem in the past?
SL

swann123 17 Jan 2011

I had injections in my IV for pain ?, meds by mouth oxycod ,hydroco ,nabumetone,

Anonymous 17 Jan 2011

Swann,
Did you into opiate withdrawal after you stopped taking those meds? That can cause problems for many men. Have you had testosterone levels checked recently?
Lara