Does prednisone make you tired or sleepy?

Anonymous 22 Apr 2011

No it does not, people have trouble sleeping while on prednisone. But not all organisms react in the same way to medications (benefits, side effects, etc... )

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/prednisone-side-effects.html

Do contact your Dr. and discuss this further due to that a common side effect of this medication which is "Difficulty sleeping".-

Take care.-

bipolar4life 24 Apr 2011

(maso) is right no tiredness but you do get very very hungry watch your weight gain cause my dad is on it and ever since then he is eating so much
lolove janymak

hope 0131 1 Nov 2014

I took prednisone this morning, my first time ever (10mg). due to major facial pain/swelling supposedly brought on by sinus infection. I also have sarcoidosis so this may be exacerbating my symptoms. Immediately after taking it, I was ready to crash and I went back to bed for some much needed rest. Allergy medications have the same effect on me... so prednisone may make you sleepy as well, despite the cautions of sleeplessness as a side effect.

bretbierle 4 Sep 2016

I am currently on Prednisone for poison ivy. I was proscribed 30mg for three days then 20mg for 3 days then 10MG for three days. I am absolutely not functioning on this medication. I slept 11 hours last night. Got up took my Prednisone within an hour I was ready to go back to sleep. I slept all day I just finished diner here and I'm probably going back to sleep. For me. Yes Prednisone makes me Very Very tired. More than benadryl.

bretbierle 4 Sep 2016

P.so. this was my third day of the 30mg dose. All three days I had this affect. Work was not easy on this medication. Thank god today was Saturday so I could get some much needed rest.

Barkingkitty 27 Dec 2016

I'm currently on a course of Prednisone to treat sciatica, and I'm having a hard time staying away for more than 3-4 hours at a time. I'm on vacation this week so I'm napping several times a day, but wouldn't be able to take this during a normal work week, just cannot stay awake long enough to function normally.

Aleema 1 Mar 2017

On prednisone i felt on a high and had insomnia, the sleepyness and extreme fatique happened after my course had finished, then reoccuring chest infections, muscle pain, lethargic... this drug is lethal... i have to go back on them at a high dose to clear up chest infections that dont respond to antibiotics... its a vicious cycle... now im on 5mg per day just to stop the joint aches from crippling me.