Does a 5 mg valium equal a 1mg xanax?

This question has also been asked and answered here: Valium vs Xanax: What's the difference?

Anonymous 23 Jul 2011

5 mg's of Valium (Diazepam) is approximately equal to 0.25 mg's of Xanax (Alprazolam).

So 20 mg´s of valium would be equal to 1 mg of xanax.-

http://www.benzodocs.com/converter.php?act=convert

Have a good weekend,

puckiemull 23 Jul 2011

Hiya maso,
Excuse me for butting in on the q!
Would you recommend xanax over valium then for severe anxiety?My doc offered me valium yesterday as i'm suffering very badly with panic attacks,just a small amount to keep me going til i see my physc tue,but i refused and said i'd stick with the xanax(what i'm used to)she gave me 3mg to take 3 tid.
Do you think i made the right decision?

Anonymous 23 Jul 2011

Hi

I agree with you (xanax).-

Take care.-

Dieselchick623 19 Aug 2014

Thank you so much for your information!!!

Eileenlsiever 15 days ago

I have been on 1 mg xanax 4 times a day for two year i would run out and buy them i was so high i couldn't tell you my name most days i now take 2mg of valium two times a day and i fell like iam alive again. stay away from xanax if you can