Does a 5 mg valium equal a 1mg xanax?

This question has also been asked and answered here: Valium vs Xanax: What's the difference?

Anonymous 23 Jul 2011

5 mg's of Valium (Diazepam) is approximately equal to 0.25 mg's of Xanax (Alprazolam).

So 20 mg´s of valium would be equal to 1 mg of xanax.-

http://www.benzodocs.com/converter.php?act=convert

Have a good weekend,

puckiemull 23 Jul 2011

Hiya maso,
Excuse me for butting in on the q!
Would you recommend xanax over valium then for severe anxiety?My doc offered me valium yesterday as i'm suffering very badly with panic attacks,just a small amount to keep me going til i see my physc tue,but i refused and said i'd stick with the xanax(what i'm used to)she gave me 3mg to take 3 tid.
Do you think i made the right decision?

Anonymous 23 Jul 2011

Hi

I agree with you (xanax).-

Take care.-

Dieselchick623 19 Aug 2014

Thank you so much for your information!!!

Eileenlsiever 10 Sep 2016

I have been on 1 mg xanax 4 times a day for two year i would run out and buy them i was so high i couldn't tell you my name most days i now take 2mg of valium two times a day and i fell like iam alive again. stay away from xanax if you can

LauraNJ 11 Mar 2017

Valium saved me when I had panic attacks and anxiety, along with therapy. Tried a xanax or two years later... nothing! Always have my valium in the house, as a safety measure. Don't ever want anxiety back. Don't take it unless you need it. It relaxes your thoughts so you don't dwell on how you are feeling.

bt74600 7 Jul 2017

I have been taking 4mg of xanax for insomnia, but it's not working as well as it did (I've taken it for over 5 years). Does Valium help with insomnia?

Ldn90 12 Aug 2017

You build up tolereance to benzo's very quickly, they well be working but you wount feel anthing because you have been on them for a while. Just give them up for a good few weeks and you'll feel it from one 2mg. I know all this from experience and have to take 15 or so to feelanyrhing

Anonymous 15 Aug 2017

For bt74600, I'd say the best benzodiazepine for insomnia would be temazepam aka restoril