Is 5mg of xanax equal to 5mg of valium?

3 Answers

Inactive 26 Aug 2010

Since 0.5 mg of Xanax equals 10 mg of Valium, then 5 mg of Valium is equal to only .25 mg of Xanax.

Take care.-

subzero58 26 Aug 2010

hey guys,i thought 1mg of xanax was = to a 10mg val so a 5mg valiumn is = to a .5mg xanax have i been wrong ?

NikkiNicks707 2 Jun 2018

Absolutely incorrect 1mg xanax isn't equal to a 10mg valium & before you taper off xanax u must start tapering the xanax down to 1mg or .5mg X 2 to 3 Xs daily then taper more & replace each dose of xanax tapered with a 1mg Klonopin until your all off xanax then start tapering using valium, replacing the Klonopin with valium until totally on valium then taper valium by 2 mg tabs each week. I e been tapering off xanax then Klonopin to valium Starting at 6mg xanax to kpins & started @ 30mgs valium I'm down to 24 or 22mgs that I am currently on & still tapering 2mgs a week, it was easy until my other doctor started me on a 7 mg each week taper which is unheard of especially when at such a high dose as I've been on! Now it's not so easy, practically impossible!

NikkiNicks707 2 Jun 2018

NikkiNicks707 2 Jun 2018

R we talking 5mg to 5mg or 5mg valium to 0.5mg xanax?

christineATU 26 Aug 2010

I agree with Maso. But I also believe Valium may last longer than xanax.
Good luck to you,
Chris

Inactive 26 Aug 2010

Yes Chris you are right.- Valium lasts longer.-

NikkiNicks707 2 Jun 2018

Absolutely 100% "Hell no!" Xanax is way stronger! 5mg of xanax is a hefty dose, 1 mg xanax would equal at least 2 to 4 1mg Klonopin & atleast that in valium & the Klonopin & valium are so much weaker than xanax that even if u got 2-4 1mg or 2-4 10mg of valium u would still notice withdrawal & I mean 2-4 per each 1mg xanax!