Can I use Clotrimazole cream for a diaper rash/yeast infection on my 16 month old?

Anonymous

Yes, particularly if the baby has had #3 ( diarrhea) it may help more. The GI tract has yeast in it, also alot of acid, when there is #3, the acid burns the skin and the yeast tends to embed in the skin. My doctor had me use liquid mylanta on my daughter's bad diaper rash ( she was a new born on heavy IV antibiotics for group b strep) and you clean their bottoms, dry it with another diaper by fanning it, apply a coat of liquid mylanta, then dry that by fanning it. You might try it before you try the clotrimazole to see if the rash responds.