Brilinta - does the shortness of breath go away over time?

Dr Robert 31 Mar 2014

After I started taking Brilinta, I had both itching and shortness of breath. Both common side effects. Itching abruptly stopped at 100 days and shortness of breath stopped at 150 days. This may not be true for anyone but me but for a sample of one, it stopped. Others may be able to add to the sample.

sciden 12 Dec 2014

That's encouraging to me - I took Brilinta for two days after a stent before the doc yanked it off the list. I was having SOB and difficulty breathing, causing a strange pattern of panting every few minutes. Now, 5 months later, the symptoms persit, although not as strong, but enough to prevent any sort of prolonged activity. This is a dangerous drug - I have had many conversations with rehab nurses that related the they have had "lots of problems" with it. I hope the fools who released this to market sleep well at night, the money hungry idiots. Try Plavix instead - as one doc said, "It's worked for years and years... I don't know why it had to be changed to Brilinta other than profits to the drug maker". Enough said.