What are best alternatives to Lorazepam for long term treatment of anxiety?

balbanese 7 Jan 2015

There are several, but to recommend one here would be inappropriate, as a decision would be based on a decision by your Dr based on your unique needs, health, other meds you may be taking, age, etc. etc.

LaurieShay 9 Jan 2015

There are many antidepressants, such as Lexapro and Zoloft, that also address anxiety. Most are taken only once or twice a day and once they reach a steady state in your body will give you round the clock relief. There is also a medication called BuSpar which is not an antidepressant, and is prescribed specifically for anxiety.

awakeaftermidnight 18 Jun 2015

I was wondering the same thing. I've been taking lorazepam for roughly 8 years. 1 mg tablets 4 times a day. I'm also taking buspar, 10 mg tablets 4 times a day.

I have generalized anxiety disorder, agoraphobia, social anxiety disorder, ptsd and depression.

In the past; I've been on paxil, celexa, trazodone, zoloft, and xanax. But none of them work as well as the lorazepam and buspar.

You just have to figure out what works best for you. Your doctor or psychologist would know best how to treat your specific needs.