Is ativan 1 mg stronger than klonopin 1 mg and whats the difference?

pamee 16 Jul 2014

1 mg lorazepam (ativan) is equal to 0.5 clonazepam (klonopin). Klonopin has a half life of 18 hrs up to 50 hrs whereas ativan has a half life of 10 hrs up to 20 hrs.

Dancing Dentist 5 Mar 2015

So how many green k-pins are in 2mg Ativan?

milamnickell1115 11 Aug 2015

HOW can you say that a 1mg ativan is equal to a 0.5 mg,just because t shelf life?I agree klonopins last longer,but that doesn't mean that there isn't the same amount of lorazepam in the ativan as there is clonazepam kolonopin?I'm just wondering where the information is coming from?I'm trying to figure that out myself,because you can't just say there's more medication in the klonopin because of the shelf life.

milamnickell1115 11 Aug 2015

You have to see the amount of lorazepam in the ativan,as do the same with the clonazepam in the klonopin,this is really frustrating,I feel like klonopins seem to be stronger to,but I think a 2mg kolonopin vs 2mg ativan most likely have the same amount of the medicine that is clonazepam in the klonopin as lorazepam in the ativan,the acting ingredient.I'm just wondering where the information came from?A Dr?I'm sure you can understand what I'm saying as well,please let me know,I like to learn new things,and again you can't base this on half life or how long it takes to work?I'm just wondering myself. milamnickell@yahoo

babydoll610 14 Jan 2015

Honestly for me klonopins do not work I'd rather take .5 mg of ativan over and mg of klonopins ... I've just been perscribed klonopins after being on ativan and once again I'm suffering from anxiety but everyone's different I have generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) and panic disorder so maybe that's why it doesn't work for me I don't know...

p009smc 7 Mar 2015

Unlike Klonopin, Ativan has very low lipid solubility. This causes it to stay in the vascular compartment. As a result, you will experience peak effects from Ativan for 6-12 hours. Ativan's elimation half life is 9-20 hrs. Klonopin has a longer half life at 50 hrs. but with its high lipid solubility, it quickly breaks the blood-brain barrier, and peak effects are closer to only 1-2 hrs. The two agents are more or less "cousins" & one being stronger than the other may not mean it will work better. For further info, reasearch the pharmacokinetics of each agent.