Anxiety - is lorazepam stronger than xanax?

This question has also been asked and answered here: Ativan vs Xanax - How do they compare?

they are suposed to be about the same. for me lorazepam doesnt do anything at all but xanax kicks my booty... anyway these are also some of the most addictive ones you can get for benzos (faster acting and stronger than the others)

My experience xanax works faster Ativan last longer.

Not technically. It's about half the strength of xanax, but nothing beats a good 'ol IV of lorazepam when you're in the hospital ;)

According to most benzodiazepine equivalence tables, 1mg lorazepam equals 0.5mg alprazolam. I'd link you to the table but my comment wouldn't get posted due to the link. (the site automatically flags the post as possible spam so it has to be manually approved, and they never go through).

So again, Xanax is roughly twice the strength of lorazepam. Good luck.

-CW

Hello jenniferbeater,
I have been on both of these benzo's and your ? is which is stronger in my opinion and I am sure soon a lot of people will be on to agree that xanax is stronger medication...

This question was posted back in 2009, however, I will give an answer for future readings.
Xanax 0.5 mg = Lorazepam 1 mg. The xanax has a half life of 6-12 hrs and Lorazepam half life is 12-20 hrs.

cwake19 1 Nov 2012

Ahh! Didn't see that. I wouldn't have commented. It showed up in recent posts or something like that...

pamee 1 Nov 2012

Cwake, it's alright, because people that come on the site and search for specific things will benefit just the same as if it were an old or new post. The main thing is everyone gave the correct answer. May you have a great day ... pamee

no. it is 1 mg per .5 mg of xanax.