Can I take a antacid if I take Zoloft?

masso 26 Apr 2016

Which antacid would you be taking in order to run an interaction check (need the name)?

Maalox Antacid Antigas Regular Strength (aluminum hydroxide / magnesium hydroxide / simethicone)
Heartburn Antacid Extra Strength (alginic acid / aluminum hydroxide / magnesium carbonate)
Flanax Antacid Liquid (aluminum hydroxide / magnesium hydroxide / simethicone)
Trial Antacid (calcium carbonate)
Acid Gone Antacid (alginic acid / aluminum hydroxide / magnesium trisilicate)
Alka-Seltzer Fruit Chews (Antacid) (calcium carbonate)
Acid Reducer + Antacid Dual Action (calcium carbonate / famotidine / magnesium hydroxide)
Complete Acid Reducer plus Antacid (calcium carbonate / famotidine / magnesium hydroxide)

chuck1957 27 Apr 2016

Jay; You really have to tell us what you are thinking about taking as masso said. But just for the heck of it I ran TUMS calcium carbonate through which is one that works for me and this is what it says.((( Interactions between your selected drugs
No results found - however, this does not necessarily mean no interactions exist. ALWAYS consult with your doctor or pharmacist.))) BUT LIKE WITH MANY MEDICATIONS IT'S ALWAYS GOOD TO KEEP THE ANTACID 1 HOUR PRIOR TO THE MEDICATION OR 2 HOURS AFTER YOU TAKE IT antacids almost always mess up the adsorbsorbsion of many medications but if your going to the pharmacy the Pharmacist is a good source of information ask the pharmacist if you decide to buy anything but Tum's you want to make sure you get the full benefit of your medication. Chuck1957 Thanks masso!!!