User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 669 reviews 19 medications

8.8
Summary of Chantix reviews 669 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "I took chantix for 2 weeks. The first couple of days were ok, though I felt a little edgy and short tempered. By the 6th day I had a bad case of "no filter". I said whatever I was thinking no matter how rude it happened to be, ( I work at a Hospice House). It just came out. By the 8th day I didn't feel like I was ready to quit but I did really grumpy and argumentative. It just didn't work for me."

Krisna kay July 3, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I have been smokefree for 7 years now. I used the first month pack and part of the second month pack. That was all I needed. I never had an urge for a cigarette since. I highly recommend talking to your doctor."

C. W. June 30, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Great way to quit. I'm on my 5th day now and find myself lighting up and it tastes horrible and know in a few days I will be done! I'm very happy I started this product. Dreams are what I was afraid of but nothing too weird."

Wonderwoman2123 (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I've been a 1/2 pack a day smoker for 10years, I'm now 27 and decided I was done with smoking! I'm on day 4 of Chantix and today I've felt no urge to NEED to smoke it really was out of habit this morning, so strange not having that feeling of the release when I would finally get a cigarette. I'm sure I could have went without that 5:30am cig, it's 6hours later and I don't have the NEED to have one. I am expericing nausea for a few hours after the AM dose but nothing that isn't tolerable. Also I have Aetna and it was completely covered, $0 out of pocket."

CCSavage June 21, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am 35 years old and have been a smoker since I was 13 quitting once due to pregnancy. I was up to a pack and a half of cigarettes a day and one day I just had enough. I talked to my doctor about chantix. I started chantix On April 24,2015 and by day 3 I was down to about 2 cigarettes a day, mostly because they were there not because I wanted them. I lost my best friend on may 10,2015 and on the 18th I smoked my last cigarette that morning. I haven't touched one since and I am only taking one chantix every other day. Chantix really is the miracle drug. I am concerned about the long term affects of this drug,but the only thing I have had is vivid dreams(but not bad), constipation, and the gas is horrible, but I can deal with that."

Notlad35 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I was a 1/2 pack to a pack a day smoker for the past 33 years and thought I would never be able to quit smoking. I have been on Chantix now for three weeks and stopped smoking one week ago today. I have been simply amazed at how easy it has been. I tried cold turkey, the patches, the gum etc. and failed each time I tried to quit using those methods. I smoked for a few days when I started taking the medication but slowed dramatically even after the first day. I picked a 'quit' date that was 2 weeks out from the start of taking the meds and quit one week before that. I have had absolutely NO withdrawal or bad side effects. It's almost like you forget to smoke. I am finally free from being a slave to smoking and happy to be so!"

therealmcoy (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "After taking Chantix for only a week, I was able to stop smoking completely without any horrific withdrawals or anxiety. The very first pill I took made a noticeable difference in the taste of cigarettes - they started to become disgusting, and after awhile I was smoking just because I had them around rather than because I really wanted them. Once I ran out, I just didn't buy anymore and still haven't. It's been almost 16 days now without a cigarette, and I honestly never think about them anymore. The worst side effect is nausea, which made me vomit only once, but after reducing my dosage by half I do not have anymore side effects. I also don't take the medication twice a day. I only take half of a pill at night. It works wonders!"

100%Chill (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Amazing medication for smoking cessation. Always take with food to avoid the nausea. May need to take earlier in the evening to avoid the crazy dreams that effect your deep sleep. Other than that.....easiest way to quit smoking in the world!!!!! It's a miracle drug and I'm super sensitive to meds. No troubles with Chantix if you know your body and make adjustments for it. I'm also a nurse but not the meds for everyone!!!! Kind. Just have to look at risk/ benefit and decide for yourself if you it's for you. Everyone reacts different to medications. I personally can't take most of them, the side effects are so bad but I don't blame the drug. I'm just not passive about MY health care and my body. Speak up. Take responsibility for your self."

Cyn16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "im on day 22 and am now smoke free. Within 1 week I weaned myself with the help of chantix to appx 5 per day compared to 10-12 daily. Weeks 2-3 I only smoked 4 on a bad day and 2 on a great day. I'm not moody and crabby at all and no physical withdrawal symptoms. Only mental, which I'm overcoming everyday."

Chelly78 June 11, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I was a smoker for 41 years. Over the years more and more until it became a 3 pack a day habit. I started taking Chantix and after 3 weeks I was smoke free. Smoke free now for 13 days! After taking it for 3 weeks I was still smoking around 15 to 18 cigarettes per day. So I was really scared that it was not going to work for me. On the 22nd day I decided to not smoke for as long as I could that day and I ended up not smoking the whole day. So that was my start to quitting. Each day after that I just did not smoke. It really did not bother me! The first 2 or 3 days that I started taking Chantix I was really sleepy but after 3 days that went away. I take it with food and water and so far have had no side affects."

smoke free me (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "06/08/2015 I will be 42 this August and I have been a smoker since 18 and I have never tried to quit because I know that its not even possible. I smoked 30 a day and I thought I cannot live without it until I tried Chantix. I was smoking the first 7 days while taking chantix. By 3rd day the nicotine was not reaching to my brains and I was getting little frustrated. Well, isn't that what it was supposed to do. Its been a month now and I have not been smoking at all. I thank Pfizer for this drug. Side Effects: Nausea within half hour of taking the pill, but it clears away Made me very hungry especially in the morning Put on 12lbs in 5 days Started having blood in my stool on day 30 and I qui"

Prakash V (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "At 31 years of age and a smoker since I was 13, I didn't think there was hope for me. The habit slowly caught up to me and I found myself a pack a day smoker for over the last 10 years. Smoking when I was happy, sad, angry, it was a constant companion for so long and I honestly thought I'd die of COPD on oxygen, begging for that last smoke. Chantix truly changed all of that. It completely eliminated the physical craving, leaving the rest up to me. How bad do I want it? I'm over a week deep. This is longest I've went in 17 years without a smoke. I owe my life to Chantix. I had some initial nausea and wild dreams, irritable...but I'm smoke free. I can beat this. YOU can beat this. Good luck!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I started taking chantixr 3 weeks ago. Its not to bad as far as the side effects as long as you take it with food. I do have some pretty good vivid dreams there not bad at all just vivid. My question is its been 3 weeks should u give up.and try something different?? Ive been reading responses and it seems like it hasn't taken anyone this long... I have been smoking a pack and a half a day of newports for at least 25 years. I really need to quit:("

Tracy needs to quit... June 2, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I have been a pack a day smoker for about 10 years now. I am on day 5 of chantix, so far I've had strange dreams, trouble sleeping, nausea, and mild depression. The only thing it has done for me so far as far as not wanting to smoke is make me very sick to my stomach and a horrible taste. I smoke a little less than normal but hopefully it's just because I'm just starting!!! Everybody please keep your fingers crossed for me!!!"

1357jl June 2, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I was able to quit after 40 years of smoking. Have not smoked since 2008. Only side effect was strange dreams."

Rosiega May 28, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked 3 packs a day for 38 years and have gone 60 days smoke free thanks to chantix"

mpaul195 May 26, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am 26 years old. I have been smoking half a pack per day, of menthol 100 cigarettes, for 8 years. I am on day 14 smoke-free. After the 3rd day on Chantix, I couldn't even force myself to smoke a cigarette. Completely disgusted, even by the smell of second-hand smoke now! I only take half of the adult daily dose, and I still have zero urges. I have many vivid dreams at night, but nothing terrifying or crazy. My mood is very stable. The first few days I felt a little agitated and felt some rage, but that could just be nicotine withdrawal. Now, I feel fine and I am a non-smoker. The only side effect that was bad, was the nausea. Felt it the first week, very strong, but now I feel fine as long as I eat when I take Chantix. So thankful for this medication, it very well could have saved my life. I am just weary of the long-term effects of taking Chantix, which is why I will discontinue use after a full month and see how it goes."

ChelseyL May 21, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I had smoked for nearly 45 years. I was constantly short of breath and congested at night. I couldn't sleep. Went to the doctor. He asked me if I wanted to quit smoking. I said I guess so.He told me about a new medicine that just came out. He said insurance would not pay for it. At that point, I was more than happy to pay out of pocket for the chance to quit. Since quitting I later found out about the side effects of this medication. I did not experience any ill effects from taking Chantix. In fact, I would not drink alcohol while taking it though."

Georgia Boy May 20, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I've smoked for 25 years, and I was ready for a change. I've been smoke free for 5 months and I have more energy now then I've had for a very long time. I would recommend this to anyone"

marine1833 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am 49 years old and have been a smoker since the age of 17. I smoked a pack a day. I was never successful in stopping smoking more than a couple of days. I started taking Chantix and after a couple of days the cigarettes start to taste terrible, not enjoyable at all. Day 5, I bought what I thought was going to be my last pack of cigarettes. I smoked two out of the pack and there are 18 left in the pack in my bedroom. It is really a miracle drug, I hope they comprehensively tested this thing. Cause it is too good to be true."

BDUBZ3017 (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "My doctor called this a miracle drug and it worked miracles for me. I wish I had known about it years ago. I was a pack a day smoker for 40 years. By week two on chantrix I was down to 1-2 cigs a day and I think that was me hanging on to an old need. Week three, I was a non-smoker. No cravings, no longing. Side effects- I am tiny, 100 pounds, so the full dose was way too strong for me. It ripped up my stomach and caused diarrhea until I cut back the dosage slightly. No depression or mood swings (and this from someone who went through a wicked peri-menopause.) Doctor warned of serious nightmares. I had no dreams at all though did have sleeplessness for 2-3 weeks. Have been smoke free for 3 months. Grateful . Thanks Chantrix!"

islandwalker (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I've struggled to quit smoking and I haven't enjoyed anything about smoking for years. It's simply addiction and the "need" to smoke. Two weeks ago I began taking chantix. My plan was to set a quit date after starting. I'm worried that it may not be working for me as I hoped. I still crave a cigarette roughly every hour. I think I've noticed that they are tasting worse, but they've tasted bad before to me. The side effects are starting to bother me some. I caught myself contemplating quitting my job today. This makes me think I may be having some signs of depression. More than anything my body just feels somewhat weak and I've developed sores in my mouth. I'm really hoping this helps me quit smoking because I'm getting desperate."

Donedash May 14, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I took chantix for 1 week and just laid my cigarettes down , unbelievable how easy it was I have been smoke free for 23 days just a little worried after I go off the chantix I was a smoker for 30 years just wish I would have got it sooner my doctor prescribed me the 1 mg 2 xs a day from day 1 and I just get it filled weekly and use my cigarettes money to buy it to make it more affordable it is expensive"

Anonymous May 14, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "This drug has changed my life I went from smoking six years straight to none at all I'm 21 years old and quiting was very hard to do cold turkey but with chantex I was able to completely stop one week after I started want to thank chantex for changing my life"

Dylan bez (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am amazed- I have been smoke free for a few years now. While taking chantix I had awesome dreams- seriously awesome very vivid and loved them!!! After a few days of taking the med the taste of a cigarette is terrible - this is how it helps you and the craving goes away. Seriously this is the best thing out there to help you quit. My husband was on it and quit for three months but started back up- he just started it again. He smokes about two packs a day and he will need to continue chantix for a few months. Never stop quitting! I know many people who have quit using Chantix. (Wish there was a version for weight loss!!)"

dqb May 2, 2015