User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 653 reviews 19 medications

8.8
Summary of Chantix reviews 653 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "I am 26 years old. I have been smoking half a pack per day, of menthol 100 cigarettes, for 8 years. I am on day 14 smoke-free. After the 3rd day on Chantix, I couldn't even force myself to smoke a cigarette. Completely disgusted, even by the smell of second-hand smoke now! I only take half of the adult daily dose, and I still have zero urges. I have many vivid dreams at night, but nothing terrifying or crazy. My mood is very stable. The first few days I felt a little agitated and felt some rage, but that could just be nicotine withdrawal. Now, I feel fine and I am a non-smoker. The only side effect that was bad, was the nausea. Felt it the first week, very strong, but now I feel fine as long as I eat when I take Chantix. So thankful for this medication, it very well could have saved my life. I am just weary of the long-term effects of taking Chantix, which is why I will discontinue use after a full month and see how it goes."

ChelseyL May 21, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I had smoked for nearly 45 years. I was constantly short of breath and congested at night. I couldn't sleep. Went to the doctor. He asked me if I wanted to quit smoking. I said I guess so.He told me about a new medicine that just came out. He said insurance would not pay for it. At that point, I was more than happy to pay out of pocket for the chance to quit. Since quitting I later found out about the side effects of this medication. I did not experience any ill effects from taking Chantix. In fact, I would not drink alcohol while taking it though."

Georgia Boy May 20, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I've smoked for 25 years, and I was ready for a change. I've been smoke free for 5 months and I have more energy now then I've had for a very long time. I would recommend this to anyone"

marine1833 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am 49 years old and have been a smoker since the age of 17. I smoked a pack a day. I was never successful in stopping smoking more than a couple of days. I started taking Chantix and after a couple of days the cigarettes start to taste terrible, not enjoyable at all. Day 5, I bought what I thought was going to be my last pack of cigarettes. I smoked two out of the pack and there are 18 left in the pack in my bedroom. It is really a miracle drug, I hope they comprehensively tested this thing. Cause it is too good to be true."

BDUBZ3017 (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "My doctor called this a miracle drug and it worked miracles for me. I wish I had known about it years ago. I was a pack a day smoker for 40 years. By week two on chantrix I was down to 1-2 cigs a day and I think that was me hanging on to an old need. Week three, I was a non-smoker. No cravings, no longing. Side effects- I am tiny, 100 pounds, so the full dose was way too strong for me. It ripped up my stomach and caused diarrhea until I cut back the dosage slightly. No depression or mood swings (and this from someone who went through a wicked peri-menopause.) Doctor warned of serious nightmares. I had no dreams at all though did have sleeplessness for 2-3 weeks. Have been smoke free for 3 months. Grateful . Thanks Chantrix!"

islandwalker (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I've struggled to quit smoking and I haven't enjoyed anything about smoking for years. It's simply addiction and the "need" to smoke. Two weeks ago I began taking chantix. My plan was to set a quit date after starting. I'm worried that it may not be working for me as I hoped. I still crave a cigarette roughly every hour. I think I've noticed that they are tasting worse, but they've tasted bad before to me. The side effects are starting to bother me some. I caught myself contemplating quitting my job today. This makes me think I may be having some signs of depression. More than anything my body just feels somewhat weak and I've developed sores in my mouth. I'm really hoping this helps me quit smoking because I'm getting desperate."

Donedash May 14, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I took chantix for 1 week and just laid my cigarettes down , unbelievable how easy it was I have been smoke free for 23 days just a little worried after I go off the chantix I was a smoker for 30 years just wish I would have got it sooner my doctor prescribed me the 1 mg 2 xs a day from day 1 and I just get it filled weekly and use my cigarettes money to buy it to make it more affordable it is expensive"

Anonymous May 14, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "This drug has changed my life I went from smoking six years straight to none at all I'm 21 years old and quiting was very hard to do cold turkey but with chantex I was able to completely stop one week after I started want to thank chantex for changing my life"

Dylan bez (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am amazed- I have been smoke free for a few years now. While taking chantix I had awesome dreams- seriously awesome very vivid and loved them!!! After a few days of taking the med the taste of a cigarette is terrible - this is how it helps you and the craving goes away. Seriously this is the best thing out there to help you quit. My husband was on it and quit for three months but started back up- he just started it again. He smokes about two packs a day and he will need to continue chantix for a few months. Never stop quitting! I know many people who have quit using Chantix. (Wish there was a version for weight loss!!)"

dqb May 2, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I started smoking the second time around for about 7 years now. I am 43 years old with high blood pressure. Cholesteral is fine. So I talked with my doctor and I am on week two, day three of taking Chantix. I have experienced bouts of nausea. I have been reading the reviews and I am going to take it with milk. I use to smoke at least 10 cigs a day. Today I only had one, tried smoking another one. Nah, it was awful! I'm glad because I don't want to stroke out from high blood pressure. I now have to take blood pressure medicine. I've only had one crazy dream. I do feel tired at times. Cried a few times, but I'm gonna tough it out! Thank you for your reviews and suggestions. I'll keep you posted. Be blessed all!"

Smokefree Smoothwave April 29, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Never understood why ppl start so after36. yrs of being a non smoker I decided to see if it really had some "therapeutic" value. I found it habit forming in the hand to mouth habit and very addictive so after having difficulty quiting I used Chantix 6 weeks as prescibed. had a stressful period a month or so later smoked a few decided oh no not again and took the other two weeks chantix i had left. have had zero desire to smoke since. zero relapse and 100% satisfaction."

Self administered Smoker experiment (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I just started Chantix yesterday morning. As far as symptoms I had a brief headache when taking it, and nausea for about 10 minutes.. nothing that wasn't tolerable. I was very hesitant with taking the med because I have heard so many horror stories but honestly it isn't that bad so far. I did have pretty vivid dreams last night that were just strange and didn't make much sense but nothing terrifying. I normally smoked anywhere from slightly over half a pack to a pack per day. Yesterday I smoked 6 in total and today so far I have had less than half. I'm already starting to feel some withdrawal symptoms such as sore throat sore tongue slight headache ect. I plan on sticking with this med and will update later in the process."

blr April 24, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am new to this, but want to share. I am 50, smoked heavily almost 40 years. have tried to quit many times, but never could go more than a couple days. I took Chantix exactly as prescribed set my quit date (8 days), now I am smoke free for 10 days with no negative side affects. But, I will say, I don't drink or have other forms of addiction. Chantix makes me feel like I never smoked before, on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 20! I recommend it to anyone who wants to quit!"

Andy stro (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I just started Chantix and am only on day 4, so I am still smoking. I can tell changes already due to the taste. I no longer want to smoke, it has been great. If the rest of the treatment goes to plan I know this will work."

Soon to be father (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Great and I've been two years smoke free thank you so much"

tisssy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Using Chantix, I quit after a 40 year habit. Good stuff. A life saver"

Mikey1963 April 7, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am a proven success story!!!! I started taking chantix in 2013. I had GREAT success with this product. To this day, I am a NON-SMOKER and very proud of that. But I couldn't have done it without chantix. I had been smoking cigarettes for about 20 yrs and I thought I would die still smoking. At first it made me a little nauseated while taking it but after a couple of weeks the side effects went away. I never had ANY suicidal thoughts. I am just a normal everyday woman and mother. I wanted to quit smoking for myself and my children. I want to be around to see my grandkids grow up. Thank you to Chantix, my dreams will now come true. I feel as thou I owe my life and gratitude to the makers of Chantix. They have given me my life back!!"

Stephanie Maes April 6, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Fantastic. I quit smoking after over 20 years."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "It worked amazing. I smoked over a pack a day. I've been smoke free for over a year and half now. I highly recommend it to anyone. My blood pressure has lowered and as well as cholesterol. My teeth are amazing and gums have actually regenerized themselves. Best decision I've ever done."

Jessica t March 30, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I was 12 years old when I started smoking and smoked for 31 years and got up to 3 packs a day. The VA facility that I went to told me that they do not cover Chantix but my doctor wrote me a prescription and I was more than happy to pay. Terrified of not having that cigarette, it took me two days before I would take one. The first day I smoked maybe 3 cigs, the second maybe 2 and by the first week I didn't even light up. I didn't seem to have a lot the side affects, but I did have weird dreams and believe it or not bed wetting a couple of times. After the second full week of Chantix I felt like I didn't want to or care to have another cigarette so I went off of it. This July 1st I will be 10 years smoke free. Thank you Chantix!!!!!"

Bruce in Louisville March 30, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I have smoked for 29 yrs. I have never tried to quit because I was afraid of the withdraw. I started chantix 9 days ago, I smoked for the first week .but everyday I smoked a little less then the day before.I felt very proud of myself but I still feared the 8 the day when u are supposed to not smoke at all. I got up didn't smoke ,in the afternoon I tried to smoke a CIG.I put it out after hitting it a couple times and now its 2 in the afternoon the next day and I haven't lit up I feel good.not craving a CIG .at all so far so good. Thank you chantix."

Dawn.A. March 24, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am STUNNED at how well this is working!!! I was a heavy an committed smoker. I have never been able to quit for even one single full day. I am currently on day 13 of taking Chantix. I have had exactly 2 cigarettes in the past 4 days. For the overwhelming majority of the time, I do not think about smoking. There are still moments in the day when triggers happen that make me want to smoke, but they are getting less and less severe all the time. I really am in disbelief. The only side effect that I can think of is that my dreams are a little more vivid and memorable than usual. Some of them lweave me feeling anxious, but they're not what you would call nightmares either. Other than that I am trying to drink lots of water and I think helps."

Applejackson (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I've smoked for almost 20 years and lately, I've started smoking up to a pack per day. I LOVED the vivid and nightly dreams but hated the nausea. I called my doc and asked for Zofran to counteract Chantix. I take it 30 min. prior to taking Chantix. Let me tell you...I have not gotten sick ONCE, since!!!!! SCORE!!! I also LOVE that you just simply lose the urge to want to smoke! You don't have to fight yourself to NOT light up! Totally worth it! The dreams...are a BONUS!!!!!!"

Doll81 March 24, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "2nd time using Chantix. It worked the first and its working this time! And this I will never touch another cigarette!"

Prince fan (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "It's amazing what this medicine does!! I have been a smoker for 15-16 yrs. I was up to a pack a day easily. I'm on week 3 and have already quit smoking! I don't get the dreams others talk about mine are just normal. I was kinda wanting the dreams as I don't dream much lol. My only side affect to report is I do wake up in the middle of the night only once though and I'm able to go right back to sleep. I quit in 2007 with the patch and let me tell you Chantix is way easier! My insurance paid my RX 100% which was a wonderful surprises at checkout. If you have tried it all and wasn't able to quit you really should try Chantix! Why? Because it works!! Get your life back get your money back too Happy Quitting :)"

ladybug36 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2015