User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 592 reviews 19 medications

8.8
Summary of Chantix reviews 592 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Chantix

Review by jnaples (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: My 6 year old son said he wanted me to quit smoking for his birthday. I started Chantix and was very surprised with the results. I have been smoking for 23 years. My son's birthday is in two days and I have not smoked in 2 weeks. I don't even miss them! I am proud to tell my son that I'm a quitter! I feel great! I even lost 5 pounds in a week! Thank you I could never have done it without Chantix! "Happy 7th Birthday my wonderful Son."

January 22, 2015 9:52 AM

Review by three marlanas:

For Smoking Cessation: I never thought I would be able to quit smoking but I did. After the starter pack I only used Chantix for three additional weeks. From there I was able to quit on my own. Five months now. No slip ups.

January 21, 2015 8:05 PM

Review by navydadsr (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: Had been smoking for over 20 years, kids and wife wanted me to stop. Got my doctor to give me a prescription he gave it to me for 60 days took only two weeks, no side effects no cheating its been 3 years no smoking and I love it.

January 14, 2015 9:54 PM

Review by Kandiselee:

For Smoking Cessation: I would highly recommend this medication for smoking cessation. It was my saving grace to quitting smoking. I had bad dreams the first two nights when I was taking it in the am and in the evening. I switched the 2nd dose to after lunch and the bad dreams stopped. No other side effects. Absolutely the best medication ever to help you quit smoking.

January 11, 2015 4:19 PM

Review by jfrivera:

For Smoking Cessation: Chantix was the best thing that happens to me, took it 3 months and I feel great smoke free after 35 years.

January 9, 2015 5:44 PM

Review by Ragz:

For Smoking Cessation: I'm 43 and smoked since 18. I tried the patch and gum and could not last more than a week. I tried Chantix and it was mind blowing. Nothing really changed but after the first 2 or 3 days of taking it Cigs just tested awful and I didn't get that "cig fix". It got to a point where it was just why bother? I stopped for a month right off the bat. I stopped taking my meds early as I thought I was "cured". Mistake. I didnt really want another cig until I went drinking. Even then the urge was not too much but just made a bad decision while drunk and thought I missed it. I really didnt and got back and finished my supply of Chantix. For me the only side effect were dreams. Very very weird and crazy dreams. It worked for me.

January 7, 2015 10:28 AM

Review by kimberh (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: The best invention since the wheel!! Its magical, its amazing! Chantix actually makes you NOT want to smoke! I wish I did this years ago. Here's a tip for those who got sickly from it. Maybe the prescribed dosage is too much for your system to handle. Try introducing it to your body slower by extending the lower dose from 1 week to 2-3 weeks, or even cut the lower dose in half. Or maybe all you need is half the dose the entire time. And I recommend tapering off Chantix for a couple weeks when you're finished. Everybody is different, so its worth trying what works for you!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2015 11:01 AM

Review by Vicky Chan:

For Smoking Cessation: Smoked for 13 years, tried patches for years and the longest I had done was 1 month. I started the tablets on my 3 week holiday (I did get ill, couldn't sleep properly and was sad) but at the end of the day it worked and I only took 2 weeks worth of the pills before I stopped taking them completely.

January 5, 2015 11:19 AM

Review by ItWorkedForMe2 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for 34 years. Thanks to Chantix I quit seven years ago and haven't had a cigarette since! Before Chantix I had tried to quit 3 times (hypnosis, the patch & gum, and cold turkey) and could never make it more than a week before I started smoking again. I was so physically addicted to cigarettes that I would get violently ill (vomiting & diarrhea) when I tried to quit; but that didn't happen with Chantix. I used Chantix according to the directions and never had any side effects. I did chew a lot of gum when I first quit; and I admit, you never quite get over the association of having a cigarette with coffee or after eating etc. But Chantix works if you want to quit - I could never have quit without it.

December 29, 2014 10:06 PM

Review by Mr. Bogg:

For Smoking Cessation: After smoking 56 years I quit smoking with Chantix.

December 29, 2014 11:25 AM

Review by Mecale:

For Smoking Cessation: Great

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 26, 2014 7:28 AM

Review by mamaselli (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: Smoked at least 40 years - 2 packs a day. More if I was having a few beers. It's been 6 years since I've smoked!

December 22, 2014 7:51 PM

Review by WatchT (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for 30 years and took Chantix for 3 months. That was 7.5 YEARS ago! It was absolutely the best thing I have ever done for myself. I did experience some stomach discomfort and unusual dreams, but they were well worth the result! I would and do recommend this medication for anyone who wants to finally quit!

December 22, 2014 6:03 PM

Review by Juany-bo:

For Smoking Cessation: Been smoking for 10-15yrs, Menthol ones at that. Could not kick habit without some assitance. A friend offered to help me on one condition that I quit or she would want her money back. I took the callange. Only side effects that I experienced was weird dreams. Here I am 1yr 6mnths smoke free, and loving it. Thank you Chantix.

December 20, 2014 9:30 PM

Review by shenanigans74:

For Smoking Cessation: Smoked for 16 years. Was around pack and a half a day if more before Chantix. One year anniversary was in Nov 2014.

December 20, 2014 5:13 PM

Review by Kfolse107:

For Smoking Cessation: Was a 2 pack a day smoker. Took Chantix for about 4 months. Within 3 days I went from 2 packs to about 8 cigarettes a day. Quit smoking completely within the first month. Side effects were minimal, some weird dreams and mild agitation. I actually miss the vivid dreams. I'm at 8 months smoke free now. You do however have to want to quit. My prescription was paid for by a smoking cessation program in my state.

December 17, 2014 10:09 PM

Review by LauraKCMO:

For Smoking Cessation: I am 29 years old been smoking for 13-14 years I have two daughters and I knew it was time to quit they shouldn't have to wait on me to play till after I have a cigarette. I did a lot of research which is very scary but I firmly believe everyone reacts different to medication! This medicine is a miracle for me! I quickly cut back to just a couple cigarettes a day in the first week. By day 6 I was done smoking! Havent smoked since. Only side effects I had were constipation but I just went down to only taking 1 pill per day and that corrected its self!

December 9, 2014 12:53 PM

Review by MarlboroSD (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for 45 years, sometimes more than 2 packs per day. I tried just about everything and then gave Chantix a shot. First I had the weird dreams (which I can still remember) and my cravings diminished. Since I loved to smoke and still do, it took me over 3 months to finally quit. However, I took it up again after 3 years of being smoke free. Started Chantix again and now I'm smoke free. All I can really say is that this stuff works but give it some time. You need to remember than a lot of it is mental and breaking the habit and pleasure isn't easy. I know that I'll never start again after my slip-up and having to do it over. Do I still want a cigarette? Yes, but only because I enjoy smoking. It's not a physical craving now.

December 5, 2014 5:13 PM

Review by deedeen (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Smoking Cessation: I was a chain smoker. Many people smoked around me and I was the worst one. Very well known for how bad I was. I never tried to quit before. My nurse gave me a few samples of Chantix and It made me sick but I kept taking it. I knew it was making me want smoking less. It saved my life. I have been smoke free for 7 in a half years. I don't even crave it.

November 29, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by trumbull (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: 11/18/14 It has now been 1 month. I would describe week 1 as heck week, no where near the normal fight, and week 2 was easy. Below is what I wrote (Note these reviews also helped me!) I'm 60, smoked for 45 years, stopped cigarettes with Chantix, and then went to cigars about a year later. (Stupid, didn't think I would inhale) I thought it might help others by doing a monthly update. In this case it is day 9, 1 day since my stop date. I feel great, no desire to smoke. A few thoughts, but then I think about the Easy Way To Stop Smoking book. Both Chantix and the book believe the easiest way to stop is to do it nicotine free, meaning no patches, gum etc. Chantix is great for the addiction, and the book for the brainwashing. Good luck to al

November 18, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by Liz C. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked a pack a day for almost 10 years before I took Chantix. That was 2 1/2 years ago. I haven%u2019t smoked since day 3 on Chantix. It takes away the physical addiction 100%. Smoking goes from being a pleasurable experience to an experience I think would be similar to licking a dirty ashtray. Trust me%u2026this stuff works! The medicine also keeps your withdrawal symptoms in check so you can be a normal functional person when you're at work and with your loved ones. It%u2019s nice. An added benefit: there%u2019s a high likelihood that your insurance will pay for the total cost (which makes sense--getting you to quit saves everyone a lot of money in the long run). It was free for me. It probably is for you, too. Give it a shot.

November 17, 2014 3:27 PM

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked a pack and a half for 31 years took Chantix for 2 weeks with no side effects have not had a smoke for a year and half and have not wanted one thanks Chantix

November 12, 2014 7:20 PM

Review by Lmcjsl:

For Smoking Cessation: Chantix was terrible for me. Made me so nauseous I could not get out of bed. For me it gave me headaches and made me feel "hungover" all day long. Also I could not sleep more than 2 hours a night. Now it did make me not want to smoke but I can't be under those conditions all day everyday. So after 9 days I'm stopping.

November 10, 2014 1:32 PM

For Smoking Cessation: Awesome. No side affects at all. A little stomach ache for 5 minutes after taking pill, but goes away fast. Been smoke free for 3 months. Feel great.

November 5, 2014 9:05 PM

Review by Merton tech:

For Smoking Cessation: Second time trying Chantix. First time help me stop smoking for six months but made me crazy. This time doc recommended taking half dose so far four weeks all good.

October 26, 2014 7:14 PM