User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 777 reviews 19 medications

8.9
Summary of Chantix reviews 777 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 42 years and never thought I would quit and frankly didn't want to.Oh like everyone I "tried" over the years and even took chantix, I had some side effects but nothing too bad and used them as an excuse to start smoking again.The year I turned 55,for some reason I decided to call my Dr.and try chantix one more time. Surprise it worked, I have been a non smoker for a year and feel great. Yes there are side effects but they can be conquered. I am so happy I decided to really do it this time. Chantix WORKED for me."

G Maw (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I had smoked since I was a teenager, at about a pack a day when I finally said enough is enough. I used Chantix which was prescribed by my MD and that was Labor Day 2012. I had little to no side effects, may have had a weird dream, but hardly considered a night terror. I am 50 years old and I am thankful every day now to refer to myself as a "non-smoker". Have had no desire whatsoever since then to ever consider smoking again... If you are on the fence and really want to stop for you, your health and to free yourself from the prison of smoking, all I can say is that it worked for me and thankful for my smoke free car, home, life...."

debcal65 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have been smoking since I've been 14 years old. I'm now 53.in the past I have tried quitting SO many times. I have a lung disease & my Drs have warned me to quit. My next step will be toting around a oxygen tank with m, .now I'm serious. I first started on the patches which I became allergic to. I've been on chantix for 5 days now & so far I'm doing better with all my withdrawals then I expected.I must quit! chantix will allow me to!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "This medicine mucked my mind up:. I took it five years ago for two months and it took my mind away from me. Be careful because it ruined who I was."

Tucku January 28, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I started Chantix on July 23, 2007 after smoking for smoking for 43 years. I had lost my father, grandfather and uncle to lung cancer and yet I continued to smoke. So in 2007, I spent more money than I could really afford to give Chantix a try. By August 27th I was smoke free!! I didn't need a second month's worth, I was free!! I have been smoke free since that day, 8.5 years!! So much better than patches or gum, I thank you for giving us Chantix. I wish every smoker would try it. I had tried to quit probably, at least 10 or 12 times but always went back without ever really quitting, just hiding it from my family. No more, smoke free!! Thank you!"

Granne3 January 27, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Horrible! I have been a smoker for 14 years. I tried chantix and the dreams are so bad I didn't sleep but a hour or so a day for 21 days before going crazy from sleep deprivation. I attempted to harm myself multiple times, lost my job & boyfriend, I had to send my kids off because I feared what I might do. I trusted nobody cause I feared they were all out to get me. I couldn't breathe, my whole left side went numb for a week...this medication ruined my life and I'm still a smoker (which I feel safer doing)"

JessKersey (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "On day 8, decided that I can't take a morning dose, because no matter what I usually can't keep it down. Initial nausea is fleeting but intense (much more so in the morning), and feeling somewhat nauseous all day. Ginger root pills don't touch this. also experiencing regular/constant headaches. no problems w/ vivid or disruptive dreams. I'm going to bed earlier & sleeping like a champion!! BUT as a 20 year smoker, I don't want to quit (but feel like I need to), and Chantix is AMAZING at blocking the desire to smoke. Only a week in, smoking 1/2 as much or less, and solely out of habit. No cravings, cigs no longer taste good to me."

arsm11 (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I had tried taking this last year and had got to the point where I wasn't smoking anymore. I had quit for about 2-3 wks and decided I would be fine without chantix..needless to say I ended up smoking again. I am now back on chantix and have been smoke free for 4 days now. I don't really feel the need to smoke. I can smell it on people now and it makes me sick to my stomach. The only side effects I have really had is nausea and weird dreams. The dreams are just really vivid not scary and the nausea is definitely worse when I don't eat enough or drink enough water before taking the pill. However side effects definitely worth it. In just 4 days I can feel a huge difference"

Anonymous January 25, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I've been a smoker for over 10 years now and also a heavy drinker (boarder line alcoholic) I've tried every way possible to quit with no success until chantix. It's only been a week but I have zero interest in smoking. I have had a few side effects: I'm extremely nausea if don't eat before hand, weird dreams, slight irritability/anxiety, constipation, and a good amount of loss of concentration (forgetting to complete simple daily tasks at work.) However, I feel over all great the withdrawal is so minimal the thought of smoking makes me sick and a plus is I have zero interest in drinking either! One BIG suggestion is this medication really really works wonders but you have to want it and make the change."

Anonymous January 24, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I'm 39, and have been a smoker for 20 years. I'll be 40 in March, and that was always a hard stop for me. I mean, if I didn't quit by 40, when would I ever? Quitting was tough for me. I would be very cranky, lethargic, pi**ssed off, and would nic fit. I always wanted to stop, but in my heart of hearts, never 100%. This time I wanted to quit 100% and be done forever, and man did Chantix come through. I smoked for 12 days while taking Chantix, and it's not that it made me stop. I noticed the gross cig smell more on my hands and shirts, but that was about it. The HUGE difference for me was that when I did stop, my mood was basically the same. What a miracle. No nic fitting, no more tired, just me feeling great and empowered."

Pleasantly Surprised... (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Chantix worked great for me! I smoked for the first week. I took my pills for 5 more days and then felt good enough not to take the pills any more. I have not had a pill in 3 days and have not smoked in 8 days. I feel great. I had dreams but they were good dreams. No problems for me."

Jlm1 January 23, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "After 47 years of smoking more than a pack a day and after 15 years of dreaming to get rid of it , I finally heard of Champix as it is called in these parts. It's like a miracle. The cravings, almost unbearable with cold turkey, went away just like that from the very beginning. I am in my third clean week now. Side effects are really crazy dreams, a daylong slight dizziness, loss of appetite, constipation. But it's all worth it. Short pangs of craving occasionally occur. This product should be far more widely publicized ! There is hope now."

jef from belgium (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Chantix was the easiest way I could have imagined to quit my 30 year, 2 pack a day habit. It took two rounds since I fell off the non-smoking wagon after the first attempt but I'm now smoke free for over three years. I had some vivid dreams but to be honest, I enjoyed them! :)"

Mystii (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 43 years, I got up to a pack and a half to two packs a day. I started taking Chantix December 18th, 2015, my quit date was December 26th.. I took about three draws off of a cigarette about a week after my quit day and it taste horrible and made me sick. The only side effect that I had was agitation, I only was agitated when driving and with one co-worker. I stopped taking Chantix after 30 days due to the agitation. I haven't smoked in 22 days, I continue to get the urge to smoke, but it passes after a few minutes. GREATFUL...."

GREATFUL January 17, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I took chantix for about a month and a half and quit smoking. I had been smoking for over 30 years. That was over 11 years ago"

Ctill January 15, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked all during my 20s, quit for 7 years, then smoked for 20 years but had tapered down to 1/2 pack a day or less. Had bronchitis twice last year so got Chantix and started taking it around Nov. 1, planned my quit date for after Thanksgiving, and then just didn't think about it. Started forgetting to go out for a smoke during work, was down to maybe 3 a day by my quit date, ended up still having ONE a day in the morning for a few weeks, had 2-3 during my long Christmas weekend, and have had zero since. Side effects have been slight nausea even with food (but not every day), awesome dreams, somewhat lighter sleep, and mild metallic taste in my mouth. Mild occasional cravings now, on week 10, nothing I can't ignore. Plan on tapering off soon."

Ohpam January 14, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I had been a smoker, (a pack a day or more), for about 43 years! Last December 11th (2014), I finally received my prescription for Chantix! I was so excited and I just knew that this "quit" was not a trial run! I KNEW that this would work for me and I felt that I'd done enough research to feel that I probably wouldn't have any really bad side effects. I didn't!! And on December 17th I QUIT!! It has been over a year and on my Quit Now app I have saved over $2,500, I have not smoked 8,573 cigarettes and I have added 35 days, 17 hours and 18 minutes to my life! I feel amazing and it is never lost on me how happy I am to be a non-smoker!! I quit seven days after taking the first week of the medication and I'll NEVER go back to smoking again!"

kadebee55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Been a smoker for 40 years. Started Chantix January 1. I also have the slight dry mouth. My cigarette craving has gone down, my time between smokes is becoming more. Maybe those of us that are finally trying this are on to something. Good luck to all."

J-ro January 11, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for over 40 years. I went thru the Chantix regime and have never looked back. I have been a non-smoker now for 8 years. I do not miss the smokes at all. Well worth very penny."

JerryOO January 9, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I've been smoking now for 35 years and enjoyed smoking. It gave me time to get away from the job during the day and take a breather lol. But recently had bronchitis and a chest x ray found I have emphysema. Lungs still sound good and my oxygen sat. are still high. My Doc. said in time they won't be so he got me started on chantix. I started Jan 1 and I am still smoking but for my health I want to quit. I'm on day 6 today and have finally noticed during my lunch I didn't need that cig. Side effects dry mouth, slight sleepy during the day, and some mild constipation. Nothing I couldn't deal with. Keep your fingers crossed it works. I've never tried stopping before."

blazingmist (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "8 years ago I quit smoking using Chantix and have never looked back. I went from 2 1/2 packs a day to nothing even with my wife still smoking!"

Scott v g (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 3, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I am so grateful for Chantix. I have been on it for 5 months. I smoked for 29 years. I have been smoke free for 5 months. This is my 3rd time quitting and am so glad for this medicine. Never had any issues with this medicine. The only thing I had was weird dreams but that was it."

MLk45 December 29, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked 2 packs of Marlboro red for 20 years and 3 packs for an additional 15 years. Thanks to Chantix I quit in under 2 weeks. Thank you Chantix I can enjoy my family more, coaching my kids more and just enjoying life more"

Mike Sas December 29, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I've been smoke free for seven weeks. 20 plus years of smoking. Medicine works. But this is also a mind game. Habits we have made over the years won't go away with medicine. No more excuses."

Anonymous December 28, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 35 years. I was a pack and half a day smoker. I was on the patch and chewing the gum, I even tried e-cigs. Nothing was working for me. Waste of money. Then a friend of my husband's told him about a new pill called Chantix that he was taking to try to quit smoking. I asked my doctor for a script for Chantix. I set my quit date January 13, 2011. I have not had a cigarette since. I was not able to take a whole pill because it was to strong for me so I cut them in half to see if that would help. Still to strong so I cut the pill in thirds and that was the right amount. I did have to eat before taking the Chantix and I did have vivid dreams but nothing I couldn't handle. January 13, 2016 will be my five year anniversary. Go Chantix."

breathhappy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2015