User Reviews for Zyban

Smoking Cessation 40 reviews 19 medications

9.4
Summary of Zyban reviews 40 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Zyban

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 8 years anywhere from half a pack to a pack a day, I started Zyban, gave myself 1 week to tapered down then stopped smoking completely. I looked into many options and decided to try Zyban as it appeared to have less severe side effects. I wasn't even sure I wanted to quit smoking and definitely thought I would struggle and just keep going back to the excuse "well I tried". I took the medication for 12 weeks as advised by my doctor and have been smoke free ever since. I know some people have side effects but don't let that put you off, everybody reacts differently to medication so why not try it, as a smoker what do you have to lose. I am so happy with the results I have achieved and would recommend this to anyone."

Ex Smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Do not take this drug. My husband took this to help with smoking cessation. During the entire time, he had bad dreams, but during the fifth week he dreamed he was jumping off a boat, jumped off the bed and crashed to the floor, fracturing his left shoulder and badly bruising his left hip. After four days of extensive testing in the hospital, the doctors concluded the "fall" was from Zyban. Terrible terrible pain and very scary."

Anonymous Wife of smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I wasn't sure if I wanted to quit or not, and the first few days on Zyban weren't great. I was in a horrible mood and was convinced the pills weren't going to do anything. Continued smoking like normal and on the eighth day of taking the meds, I took a few drags and knew it would be my last one. It was like something just clicked in my brain. Have been using zero-nicotine liquid in a vaporizer a few times a day just for the menthol sensation, but other than that I haven't had a cigarette since!"

mrrs2014 May 20, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "The first week I had some very brief agitation (day 4) that lasted for about 30 minutes. By the end of the first week, my cravings were nearly gone. I am down to only 1 to 3 uses per day, which is a major reduction for me. I plan to be completely done by day 20. No other side effects. Not feeling any nicotine withdrawal symptoms. I plan to use the Wellbutrin full strength for 1-2 weeks after quitting entirely and then begin the taper process. Amazing product."

Jay4444 (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Smoking @ 16 for 41 years, had in that time 2 dvt's. Stopped after first day on Zyban, never touched tobacco since. Fabulous product."

Thromboman (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Absolutely miracle med for smoking cessation! I smoked for 15 yrs (anywhere from 2-4 packs/day). Had the attitude, "if I quit, I quit; if I don't, I don't". Within 10 days I stopped. I did experience a few side-effects that were no big deal (insomnia, funny taste in mouth). I didn't have a "stop-date" just one day I lit a cigarette, took about three drags then put it out. That was 14 yrs ago. Took me about 5 yrs to say I quit - I always said, "I haven't had a cigarette in a while". I still have my 1/2 carton as my trophy ;-)"

Anonymous April 17, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Only day 2 of Zyban. But cigarettes taste like garbage truck juice and I have high hopes that I can quit. Will update when more time passes"

Huff n puff (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Fantastic after smoking for over 20 years and 2 packages a day I took Zyban. No side effects. On the 5th day I stop...15 years ago. I follow the directions, clean my house, my clothes, my car,..took the medicine for 3 months. I picked up the day to stop smoking. I do recommend Zyban 100%."

Serret April 4, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Before the first week was up and before I even increased my dosage, I went from smoking almost 2 packs a day to less than 5. When I tried to avoid smoking altogether right away, I had very bad headaches and a little achy. I think it does help to taper down some so your body can adjust to the change of nicotine levels. I have tried many times and many methods to quit smoking. Zyban is by far the best."

longtimesmoker (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Quit date 3 days away, after a month on Zyban, cigarettes taste bad, and aren't satisfying at all. Have reduced by half, without even starting with the nicotine replacement lozenges and gum. Was taking Lexapro for anxiety, stopped and switched to Zyban as my anti-anxiety and smoking cessation."

globalarizona (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2014

For Smoking Cessation "Started smoking at 13, up to 2 1/2 pack a day. Wife also smoked, up to 2 packs a day. We both started Zyban at the same time. Took meds and smoked for a week, stopped the smoking, then a week later, stopped the meds. Haven't regretted doing it. Although I don't feel a whole lot better, still huff and puff at the top of the stairs, gained about 25 pounds, but I know we are both better for having quit. Recommend to anyone who really wants to quit."

Carl F December 9, 2014

For Smoking Cessation "Tried quitting cold turkey and was so grumpy had to decide between quitting or my marriage, chose marriage. Tried Zyban, quit after 10 days, been a month and have not had any sign of grumpiness, withdrawl or anxiety. I call them my magic pills"

JeffFlag (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2014

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Nice"

KLINGLER October 27, 2014

For Smoking Cessation "I'm 21 years old and I used to smoke 25 a day for 3 years. When I first started taking Zyban I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to quit or keep smoking but I thought why not try! For the first 8-10 days my morning dose made very nauseous and feel like I was either going to vomit or faint but I never did. since I set my quit date with zyban I have never touched a cigarette since and it has been 6 months now. the only caution I would like to share is that it only takes away the cravings ! You still have to say no too having a cigarette."

Winfield blue 25s (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I've been taking bupropion for just over a month as per my doctor. She told me that it was important that my moods stabilize before I have a quit date. On my quit date 4 days ago I continued taking it and using a daily Nicoderm patch with a Nicoderm inhaler for break throughs. I am 4 days smoke free, something I have not been able to say in the 23 years since I first started smoking. I never lasted a day without smokes no matter how intense the plan. This combination is amazing and I have never felt better."

Slee76 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2014

For Smoking Cessation "Quit using Zyban over 29 years ago. Quitting with Zyban was the easiest thing to do. Tried to quit by ALL of the other methods without success. All I did was follow the directions faithfully and changed my routing for the first morning only. I never looked back or had those ghost cravings. I found I was able to have the occasional cigar without issue. TOTALLY recommend this method... Weaned myself off Zyban by just forgetting to take the meds more frequently as time went on."

ChuckString (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 1, 2014

For Smoking Cessation "I have been taking it for 1 week...I get headaches and agitation, abit dizzy. I was debating wheather to stop taking it...but I will try a few more days. Will this go away as I continue!!"

debsza (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2014

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked from age 15 to 50, up to 3 packs a day. I quit many times and suffered greatly. Plan 2: Decrease number of cigarettes a day, then quit. I decreased to 10-12 a day for about 10 months. Started Zyban and quit 7 days later. Went to Las Vegas of all places and all the smoking didn't tempt me. I am now 66 and haven't had a smoke since."

TeeLee (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2014

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Zyban is amazing! Istarted taking Zyban 18 days ago, though it took me longer than what it said it take to quit, I finally quit 4 days ago, and I feel great. I tried Champix and had a bad reaction to it, the patches the same. I also have quit cold turkey. But with Zyban, there is no urge, or cravings. The only time I think about having a cigarette is when I have idle time, but I have found ways to keep myself buusy doing other things. Thanks to Zyban- it's a great medication that really works!"

vikvik (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "After 25 years of heavy smoking I quit in five days! (Though I enjoyed smoking so much!) This happened 13 years ago. Since then - no cravings. My husband followed my example: the same result seven days later."

Yelena Tret (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2013

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Zyban did it for me. Tried Chantix for a year and patches, too."

Tootin Moose (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2013

For Smoking Cessation "I've been smoke free for one and a half months and I largely credit Zyban for this. I am 40 years old, 15 a day smoker for 25 years. I have tried to stop smoking a few times over the past decade, but I end up very agitated and depressed, so resorted to cigarettes again, previously I have tried patches, lozenges as well as Champix which worked for the duration I was on it, but gave me terrible nausea. This time has been quite easy, I credit Zyban for this. The first few days of taking Zyban were pretty tough mentally the first week; I felt spaced out, trippy, and also suffered a bit of insomnia, slightly blurred vision when reading, and teeth grinding. However, these all dissipated, the only effect I have now is minor dry mouth."

JoZep January 18, 2013

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "The Great British health service paid for my 12 week course. I smoked 30 a day and tried a number of various methods to quit; nicotine patches, cold turkey, acupuncture, Chinese medicine and even hypnosis, all with varying degrees of success yet none with any long term success. After the first couple of days taking Zyban, I realized I was reaching out less and less for a cigarette and when I did, I light up, I could not experience that nicotine 'hit'. I was 'cured' after 9 weeks but continued with the full 12 weeks course. Side effects....I gained a few pounds in weight. My quit date was 22nd February 2002."

Argonath April 13, 2012

For Smoking Cessation "Zyban is a very strange feeling. I have been on it for three days and my urges are way down. I still fight triggers like coffee and post eating but even when I tried to smoke it tasted very strange and made me feel a little dizzy. Well see how the next couple of weeks go but I'm excited to quit! Only drawback is it is really hard to fall asleep."

Anonymous April 6, 2012

For Smoking Cessation "Within the first 24 hours of taking Zyban my mood dropped. I persevered with it and by day 11 I had thoughts of self harm. My GP stopped my treatment and put it down as an adverse reaction. "

Anonymous March 5, 2012