User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Chantix Review Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

"Just started today, and know this is going to free me from the ball and chain...I have no cravings since I took the pill and have been a half a pack smoker for far too many years, aprox. 40 !!!. From reading all the side effects most people have and having no cravings right off the bat I am considering staying at 0.5 each day for 12 weeks. I do not like taking any meds but have heard recently this product works. Had set a quit date for next week but that has changed to today!!! Good luck to all, Good Life!!!"

freedomcalls (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2015

"I have smoked about 45 years - a pack a day for the past 10 or more. I started Chantix about six weeks ago. I continued to smoke about 10 days, but have not touched nicotine since then. The only side affect I've experienced is vivid dreams, which I am actually enjoying! I still want a cigarette, but can deal with it with mints, etc."

r10o234k32837fgGGG August 18, 2015

"It took me 3 weeks on Chantix before I quit. I was worried thinking it wasn't going to work but I wasn't going to give up. I took it with food and never had any problems. I did feel some strong anxiety for a few days but I didn't blame the chantix for that; I feel it was just part of withdrawl. Within the first 3 weeks I was able to cut down from a pack a day to 2-3 cigarettes a day. After the third week I smoked the last cigarette I had and told myself I was not going to spend money on them anymore. And I haven't had any since. It was hard; I honestly enjoyed smoking; but as each day went by as a non smoker I was more fearful that if I had even a puff I would go back to smoking and all this fight to quit would be wasted."

MBWD (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2015

"I've been a half pack a day smoker for 20 yrs. I'm 36 now. I started Chantix a month ago and I smoked my last cigarette about a week in. I didn't even finish the whole cigarette, I didn't feel the desire to. My husband is a smoker, so I was afraid his smoking would tempt me but it didn't at all. The only side effect I experienced was nausea immediately after taking the pill and it lasted for about 30 min. I started taking the pill with food, and no more nausea. I've been sleeping like a baby too, an added bonus! Never had nightmares like others described. If it weren't for Chantix I'd still be smoking. This drug is a life saver!"

m6556m August 15, 2015

"I tried Chantix twice, two years ago. The first time, I stopped smoking in week 2, but began smoking again about two months after I stopped taking Chantix. The second time I stopped smoking for nearly 6 months after finishing the prescription. I felt great about that, and was very angry at myself for taking up smoking again. Hate to make excuses, but I was having a really tough time, I lost my job and became very ill (unrelated to smoking). That was two years ago. I am going to try Chantix again. Will ask my doctor for a Rx tomorrow. I did not experience any side effects."

finnudy (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2015

"Day 2 on chantix, my urge to smoke has decreased several fold. Smoke all of a sudden start to taste stale and unbearable. I also smoke marijuana so the taste of the green is still there !! Smoked since high school and now I'm 27 I'm half a pack a day kinda person. I did however experience a decrease in energy taking this pill, but however its only been 2 days. Will update in a week."

Amrit Paul August 8, 2015

"To start off with, I'm 22 and have been a smoker since I was about 13. Started off at about half a pack a day, then through out the years ended up smoking a pack a day. I watched my grandma who was really close to me die of emphysema & copd, she had quit on Chantix a tleast 3 times & swore by it. I started taking this medicine on May 10th 2015, started out okay. A week into it, I started having horrible dreams, couldn't sleep, and got sick to my stomach everytime I ate and gave me diarrhea. This did notning for me except give my cigarettes a bad taste. They also had the same affect on my husband. This isn't for everyone & my experience was awful. I still smoke today. I will look into other options eventually. But not this!"

SierraMarieMaul (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2015

"I smoked on and off since I was 19. I am now 48. I started Chantix on 7/2/15 and my last cigarette was on 7/8/15. So far so good! I tried Chantix about 6 months ago and kept smoking thinking that I would "miraculously" stop smoking. That's not possible if you keep buying cigarettes! This time, I started off with the 1mg 2x a day...not the "starter pack" and I think that made a difference for me. It worked a lot quicker. It is now only $30 copay on my insurance so I decided to try again and it is working."

chatty_cathy August 5, 2015

"I just started chantix, I have been smoking since I was 12. I am 52 years old, I smoke close to 3 packs a day. I seen my doctor on friday the 23 and she gave me a prescription for chantix. I started that day and I only smoke about little over half a pack which is great. I have no side affects as of yet. I only smoke cause they are there, but it is getting better. Just think all the money I will be saving and not to mention my health. My daughter and grandchildren have been after me to stop not to mention my husband. Pfizer Thank you for making a drug for people to quit smoking.I have not pick a date to stop smoking yet, but will soon. I figure when I am in week two since it is a higher dose it may be easier so I think it will be the next week."

sweet potate August 2, 2015

"On day 5 and same as everyone who's posting, minimal cravings, what I really would like to know is how people feel after they STOP taking this med but it seems people don't bother posting once they either finally quit or not quit."

BrandonMA August 2, 2015

"I'm on day 7 of chantix and I have to say, I feel great! Energetic, positive. I'm very sensitive to medication and was a little weary, still am. I make sure to take on full stomach and a full glass of water. Not a single side effect. After 3 days, I've noticed that I'd go several hrs and not smoke, which never happens with me. I smoke at least a pack a day. I find that I have to remind myself to smoke or when I see someone smoking, I think, oh yea, have a cigarette. The cravings are all but gone. It's simply habit now. They even taste bad. I've decided to make my quit day after the dosage doubles. Just to be sure. I don't see it being a problem. Highly recommend. Also, the website has a 'co-pay' system to help with the cost."

Anonymous July 27, 2015

"I did not think it would work but let me tell you I'M A BELIEVER!!! IT WORKS !! GET IT TODAY DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR!"

Keegs (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

"Love this medication. Gave me the strength to overcome this horrible addiction. It made the act of smoking boring and bland and made it easier to put down cigarettes for good. Best thing I've ever done for myself and family. Other than extreme gas no major side effects. You need to be motivated and have desire to quit for this work. Smoke free since jan 25. Not one puff ever!"

DawnB74 July 24, 2015

"I been on Chantix for three weeks and half. I haven't had cirgette or vaporizer 22 days. And no side effects. I really truly recommend Chantix. I was a heavy social smoker."

Franniepannie July 19, 2015

"Here is a little story what made me try chantix.. I am a non emergency transport driver..I transport people with cancer yes lung cancer an they are either missing a leg foot arm or they end up with stomach cancer which is caused from smoking..so I decided that's it I'm not going to loose a leg or arm or anything like that because of cigarettes. .I'm not going to let cigarettes win a fight with me..I am so done..so I decided to try chantix. I have been on chantix for three weeks and have not put a cigarette in my mouth since...it's a really great way to quit if you can't go cold turkey. I'm so happy who ever invented chantix."

purple2001 July 10, 2015

"My doctor put me on this and 20 mg of Celexa to help with quitting. I was only 3 days in and I didnt want to smoke anymore. I had set a date before hand so I didnt do the one week on medicine before I quit. I didnt have any negative side affects, although I was scared since I had read so much about it. I say try this out and see. Worth the try. Working well for me and I am on week 2 with no worries."

BSmith311 July 9, 2015

"I'm 21 years old and feel like I'm 50 from smoking cigarettes so I just got in chantix. I'm on day 3 and this morning I smoked a cigarette only because it was there not because I was really craving one and it tastes TERRIBLE. Made me feel a bit nauseated, which is a good thing! My dreams are normal so far but I'm still only on half grams a day. Hopefully this chantix will stay working and I do not feel any of those side affects! Thank you chantix!"

amt210987 July 8, 2015

"I started chantix about 3 weeks ago and I am now 48 hours without a cigarette. I am very proud I have lasted this long. The problem is I just want to sleep and I am very easy to snap at people. The cravings are only really bad at night. It works though been a smoker for 27 years."

Brandyrnkl July 7, 2015

"at 47 years old I had a heart attack and had to quit smoking. Dr prescribed Chantix. I had never heard of it before then. After 12 days and after carefully following instructions, I had quit smoking. Not only had I quit a 2 pack a day habit, it was as though I had never smoked in my life. No after dinner cravings, no stuck in traffic lighting up, nothing. Side affects were minimal for me. Some odd dreams, but no nightmares. Went to a baseball game with the Flintstones. That sort of thing. It's toally worth a shot. May not work for everybody, but everybody who smokes and wants to quit should give Chantix a shot. If it doesn't work for you, then do what my wife, who felt she should quit so she don't smoke near me, did. Cold turkey!"

dbirk (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2015

"I took chantix for 2 weeks. The first couple of days were ok, though I felt a little edgy and short tempered. By the 6th day I had a bad case of "no filter". I said whatever I was thinking no matter how rude it happened to be, ( I work at a Hospice House). It just came out. By the 8th day I didn't feel like I was ready to quit but I did really grumpy and argumentative. It just didn't work for me."

Krisna kay July 3, 2015

"I'm 67 yrs old, started smoking at 12, smoked from 2 to 3 packs a day until 5 years ago. I started trying to quit then, I got hypnotized, used the patches, used the gum over and over and over, still always had nicotine in my system. Finally I used chantix! It has absolutely changed my life! I am finishing up day 61 with no nicotine in my system! First time in 55 years I have been totally nicotine free! A dream come true for me! people say it don't work, those eithe were not ready to quit or didn't take the medication right! Thank you Chantix!"

Rebl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2015

"Maybe shouldn't have been writing a review at this point. 1st day taking Chantix, took 1st pill about 2 hours ago, no nausea experienced, positive reaction, I hope. Praying the rest of the journey is as positive as my first pill. Thanks for all the positive input from Chantix users, it made my mission to quit smoking even more certain. Will keep informed!!!"

SKH1954 July 1, 2015

"I have been smokefree for 7 years now. I used the first month pack and part of the second month pack. That was all I needed. I never had an urge for a cigarette since. I highly recommend talking to your doctor."

C. W. June 30, 2015

"Great way to quit. I'm on my 5th day now and find myself lighting up and it tastes horrible and know in a few days I will be done! I'm very happy I started this product. Dreams are what I was afraid of but nothing too weird."

Wonderwoman2123 (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2015

"I've been a 1/2 pack a day smoker for 10years, I'm now 27 and decided I was done with smoking! I'm on day 4 of Chantix and today I've felt no urge to NEED to smoke it really was out of habit this morning, so strange not having that feeling of the release when I would finally get a cigarette. I'm sure I could have went without that 5:30am cig, it's 6hours later and I don't have the NEED to have one. I am expericing nausea for a few hours after the AM dose but nothing that isn't tolerable. Also I have Aetna and it was completely covered, $0 out of pocket."

CCSavage June 21, 2015