User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Chantix Review Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

"I'm on day 7 of chantix and I have to say, I feel great! Energetic, positive. I'm very sensitive to medication and was a little weary, still am. I make sure to take on full stomach and a full glass of water. Not a single side effect. After 3 days, I've noticed that I'd go several hrs and not smoke, which never happens with me. I smoke at least a pack a day. I find that I have to remind myself to smoke or when I see someone smoking, I think, oh yea, have a cigarette. The cravings are all but gone. It's simply habit now. They even taste bad. I've decided to make my quit day after the dosage doubles. Just to be sure. I don't see it being a problem. Highly recommend. Also, the website has a 'co-pay' system to help with the cost."

Anonymous July 27, 2015

"I did not think it would work but let me tell you I'M A BELIEVER!!! IT WORKS !! GET IT TODAY DO YOUR SELF A FAVOR!"

Keegs (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

"Love this medication. Gave me the strength to overcome this horrible addiction. It made the act of smoking boring and bland and made it easier to put down cigarettes for good. Best thing I've ever done for myself and family. Other than extreme gas no major side effects. You need to be motivated and have desire to quit for this work. Smoke free since jan 25. Not one puff ever!"

DawnB74 July 24, 2015

"I been on Chantix for three weeks and half. I haven't had cirgette or vaporizer 22 days. And no side effects. I really truly recommend Chantix. I was a heavy social smoker."

Franniepannie July 19, 2015

"Here is a little story what made me try chantix.. I am a non emergency transport driver..I transport people with cancer yes lung cancer an they are either missing a leg foot arm or they end up with stomach cancer which is caused from smoking..so I decided that's it I'm not going to loose a leg or arm or anything like that because of cigarettes. .I'm not going to let cigarettes win a fight with me..I am so done..so I decided to try chantix. I have been on chantix for three weeks and have not put a cigarette in my mouth since...it's a really great way to quit if you can't go cold turkey. I'm so happy who ever invented chantix."

purple2001 July 10, 2015

"My doctor put me on this and 20 mg of Celexa to help with quitting. I was only 3 days in and I didnt want to smoke anymore. I had set a date before hand so I didnt do the one week on medicine before I quit. I didnt have any negative side affects, although I was scared since I had read so much about it. I say try this out and see. Worth the try. Working well for me and I am on week 2 with no worries."

BSmith311 July 9, 2015

"I'm 21 years old and feel like I'm 50 from smoking cigarettes so I just got in chantix. I'm on day 3 and this morning I smoked a cigarette only because it was there not because I was really craving one and it tastes TERRIBLE. Made me feel a bit nauseated, which is a good thing! My dreams are normal so far but I'm still only on half grams a day. Hopefully this chantix will stay working and I do not feel any of those side affects! Thank you chantix!"

amt210987 July 8, 2015

"I started chantix about 3 weeks ago and I am now 48 hours without a cigarette. I am very proud I have lasted this long. The problem is I just want to sleep and I am very easy to snap at people. The cravings are only really bad at night. It works though been a smoker for 27 years."

Brandyrnkl July 7, 2015

"at 47 years old I had a heart attack and had to quit smoking. Dr prescribed Chantix. I had never heard of it before then. After 12 days and after carefully following instructions, I had quit smoking. Not only had I quit a 2 pack a day habit, it was as though I had never smoked in my life. No after dinner cravings, no stuck in traffic lighting up, nothing. Side affects were minimal for me. Some odd dreams, but no nightmares. Went to a baseball game with the Flintstones. That sort of thing. It's toally worth a shot. May not work for everybody, but everybody who smokes and wants to quit should give Chantix a shot. If it doesn't work for you, then do what my wife, who felt she should quit so she don't smoke near me, did. Cold turkey!"

dbirk (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2015

"I took chantix for 2 weeks. The first couple of days were ok, though I felt a little edgy and short tempered. By the 6th day I had a bad case of "no filter". I said whatever I was thinking no matter how rude it happened to be, ( I work at a Hospice House). It just came out. By the 8th day I didn't feel like I was ready to quit but I did really grumpy and argumentative. It just didn't work for me."

Krisna kay July 3, 2015

"I'm 67 yrs old, started smoking at 12, smoked from 2 to 3 packs a day until 5 years ago. I started trying to quit then, I got hypnotized, used the patches, used the gum over and over and over, still always had nicotine in my system. Finally I used chantix! It has absolutely changed my life! I am finishing up day 61 with no nicotine in my system! First time in 55 years I have been totally nicotine free! A dream come true for me! people say it don't work, those eithe were not ready to quit or didn't take the medication right! Thank you Chantix!"

Rebl (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2015

"Maybe shouldn't have been writing a review at this point. 1st day taking Chantix, took 1st pill about 2 hours ago, no nausea experienced, positive reaction, I hope. Praying the rest of the journey is as positive as my first pill. Thanks for all the positive input from Chantix users, it made my mission to quit smoking even more certain. Will keep informed!!!"

SKH1954 July 1, 2015

"I have been smokefree for 7 years now. I used the first month pack and part of the second month pack. That was all I needed. I never had an urge for a cigarette since. I highly recommend talking to your doctor."

C. W. June 30, 2015

"Great way to quit. I'm on my 5th day now and find myself lighting up and it tastes horrible and know in a few days I will be done! I'm very happy I started this product. Dreams are what I was afraid of but nothing too weird."

Wonderwoman2123 (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2015

"I've been a 1/2 pack a day smoker for 10years, I'm now 27 and decided I was done with smoking! I'm on day 4 of Chantix and today I've felt no urge to NEED to smoke it really was out of habit this morning, so strange not having that feeling of the release when I would finally get a cigarette. I'm sure I could have went without that 5:30am cig, it's 6hours later and I don't have the NEED to have one. I am expericing nausea for a few hours after the AM dose but nothing that isn't tolerable. Also I have Aetna and it was completely covered, $0 out of pocket."

CCSavage June 21, 2015

"I am 35 years old and have been a smoker since I was 13 quitting once due to pregnancy. I was up to a pack and a half of cigarettes a day and one day I just had enough. I talked to my doctor about chantix. I started chantix On April 24,2015 and by day 3 I was down to about 2 cigarettes a day, mostly because they were there not because I wanted them. I lost my best friend on may 10,2015 and on the 18th I smoked my last cigarette that morning. I haven't touched one since and I am only taking one chantix every other day. Chantix really is the miracle drug. I am concerned about the long term affects of this drug,but the only thing I have had is vivid dreams(but not bad), constipation, and the gas is horrible, but I can deal with that."

Notlad35 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2015

"I was a 1/2 pack to a pack a day smoker for the past 33 years and thought I would never be able to quit smoking. I have been on Chantix now for three weeks and stopped smoking one week ago today. I have been simply amazed at how easy it has been. I tried cold turkey, the patches, the gum etc. and failed each time I tried to quit using those methods. I smoked for a few days when I started taking the medication but slowed dramatically even after the first day. I picked a 'quit' date that was 2 weeks out from the start of taking the meds and quit one week before that. I have had absolutely NO withdrawal or bad side effects. It's almost like you forget to smoke. I am finally free from being a slave to smoking and happy to be so!"

therealmcoy (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2015

"After taking Chantix for only a week, I was able to stop smoking completely without any horrific withdrawals or anxiety. The very first pill I took made a noticeable difference in the taste of cigarettes - they started to become disgusting, and after awhile I was smoking just because I had them around rather than because I really wanted them. Once I ran out, I just didn't buy anymore and still haven't. It's been almost 16 days now without a cigarette, and I honestly never think about them anymore. The worst side effect is nausea, which made me vomit only once, but after reducing my dosage by half I do not have anymore side effects. I also don't take the medication twice a day. I only take half of a pill at night. It works wonders!"

100%Chill (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2015

"Amazing medication for smoking cessation. Always take with food to avoid the nausea. May need to take earlier in the evening to avoid the crazy dreams that effect your deep sleep. Other than that.....easiest way to quit smoking in the world!!!!! It's a miracle drug and I'm super sensitive to meds. No troubles with Chantix if you know your body and make adjustments for it. I'm also a nurse but not the meds for everyone!!!! Kind. Just have to look at risk/ benefit and decide for yourself if you it's for you. Everyone reacts different to medications. I personally can't take most of them, the side effects are so bad but I don't blame the drug. I'm just not passive about MY health care and my body. Speak up. Take responsibility for your self."

Cyn16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2015

"im on day 22 and am now smoke free. Within 1 week I weaned myself with the help of chantix to appx 5 per day compared to 10-12 daily. Weeks 2-3 I only smoked 4 on a bad day and 2 on a great day. I'm not moody and crabby at all and no physical withdrawal symptoms. Only mental, which I'm overcoming everyday."

Chelly78 June 11, 2015

"I was a smoker for 41 years. Over the years more and more until it became a 3 pack a day habit. I started taking Chantix and after 3 weeks I was smoke free. Smoke free now for 13 days! After taking it for 3 weeks I was still smoking around 15 to 18 cigarettes per day. So I was really scared that it was not going to work for me. On the 22nd day I decided to not smoke for as long as I could that day and I ended up not smoking the whole day. So that was my start to quitting. Each day after that I just did not smoke. It really did not bother me! The first 2 or 3 days that I started taking Chantix I was really sleepy but after 3 days that went away. I take it with food and water and so far have had no side affects."

smoke free me (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2015

"06/08/2015 I will be 42 this August and I have been a smoker since 18 and I have never tried to quit because I know that its not even possible. I smoked 30 a day and I thought I cannot live without it until I tried Chantix. I was smoking the first 7 days while taking chantix. By 3rd day the nicotine was not reaching to my brains and I was getting little frustrated. Well, isn't that what it was supposed to do. Its been a month now and I have not been smoking at all. I thank Pfizer for this drug. Side Effects: Nausea within half hour of taking the pill, but it clears away Made me very hungry especially in the morning Put on 12lbs in 5 days Started having blood in my stool on day 30 and I qui"

Prakash V (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2015

"At 31 years of age and a smoker since I was 13, I didn't think there was hope for me. The habit slowly caught up to me and I found myself a pack a day smoker for over the last 10 years. Smoking when I was happy, sad, angry, it was a constant companion for so long and I honestly thought I'd die of COPD on oxygen, begging for that last smoke. Chantix truly changed all of that. It completely eliminated the physical craving, leaving the rest up to me. How bad do I want it? I'm over a week deep. This is longest I've went in 17 years without a smoke. I owe my life to Chantix. I had some initial nausea and wild dreams, irritable...but I'm smoke free. I can beat this. YOU can beat this. Good luck!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2015

"I started taking chantixr 3 weeks ago. Its not to bad as far as the side effects as long as you take it with food. I do have some pretty good vivid dreams there not bad at all just vivid. My question is its been 3 weeks should u give up.and try something different?? Ive been reading responses and it seems like it hasn't taken anyone this long... I have been smoking a pack and a half a day of newports for at least 25 years. I really need to quit:("

Tracy needs to quit... June 2, 2015

"I have been a pack a day smoker for about 10 years now. I am on day 5 of chantix, so far I've had strange dreams, trouble sleeping, nausea, and mild depression. The only thing it has done for me so far as far as not wanting to smoke is make me very sick to my stomach and a horrible taste. I smoke a little less than normal but hopefully it's just because I'm just starting!!! Everybody please keep your fingers crossed for me!!!"

1357jl June 2, 2015