Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Chantix review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

Review by my byrdman (taken for 1 to 6 months):

was great.

February 28, 2015 10:04 PM

Review by Karen s.:

I smoked for thirty years. I took Chantix and by the third week I no longer had the urge to smoke. I had a little nausea for a few days but it wasn't bad. Did have some crazy sex dreams. I am 65 and have been quit for 7 years. Best thing I ever did when I took Chantix. It works!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2015 9:39 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Quitting was effortless!! I did have nausea throughout the entire treatment after taking the pill for a couple hours and has done very vivid, sometimes horrible dreams, but the side effects were worth it!

February 21, 2015 5:48 PM

Review by Lalex66 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Today is my one year anniversary of being smoke free - thank you Chantix! I took this for 3 months, and weened myself off of it the same way I began it. I also cut the dosage down to one pill a day at the 6-week mark. I checked in with my doctor after a month about depression (this and and the weening off of the medcine I believe are very important to success). I had some tough days, but really clear thinking and the ability to say no when a craving would come over me. I smoked for 35 years...If I can do it, so can you!

February 21, 2015 5:33 PM

Review by bevgail:

I was a smoker for 44 years and wanted to quit smoking because was going to become a grandmother. I heard about Chantix from my brother and decided to try it. I had used other things to quit but was never successful. After using Chantix for 1 week I no longer was a smoker. That was 8 years ago and I am very happy that my granddaughter has never had a grandma that smelled like smoke.

February 17, 2015 9:27 AM

Review by luvbug200417:

I started using Chantix September 2014. I'm was getting close to my 50th birthday and I really wanted to stop and it helped me to do it.

February 16, 2015 10:37 PM

Review by BreezyPtgirl:

My husband and I both used Chantix and quit smoking last July. Used for 3 months and did not go back. Side effects were the vivid dreams which were awesome. Terrific product.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2015 8:10 PM

Review by Scotty LaRue:

I've been 5 years non smoking. Chantix was a big big help in making it happen. I slept like a log while taking Chantix, and after a month of it, I was done smoking. I never craved cigarette's after the 1st week of using it. This has got to be one of the greatest medicines ever made. Use it.

February 15, 2015 12:45 PM

Review by don o (taken for less than 1 month):

I smoked for 50+ years. Took it for one week and that was it. I didn't think it was possible for me to quit. It has been 6 years now. Great product.

February 14, 2015 6:48 PM

Review by Mssactomikki (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been smoking for 30+ years and quit using Chantix. The only side effects for me were the nausea and wild dreams. Knowing the outcome was better than the side effects I took it for 2 weeks, got through the hardest part and moved forward smoke free. If you get side effects and are determined to stop smoking it will help!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2015 11:01 AM

Review by MisterMike24:

I am amazed with Chantix! I've smoked a pack a day or more for five year and it made my cravings nearly completely cease. Nausea and the bad vivid (sometimes lucid) dreams were the only side effects I experienced. I stopped the nausea by eating and drinking water with the medication. Wonderful, wonderful product!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2015 11:46 PM

Review by irishman813 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been smoke free for seven years this January after smoking for well more than half of my life. It seemed quite easy for me, and hopefully for you as well. Only advice I would offer while on this is be sure to eat BEFORE taking your dose. I got very sick on an empty stomach. Hope this helps and good luck to everyone.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2015 3:55 PM

Review by Marine Dad:

Smoked for 40 years and tried several times to quit. Finally was able to with Chantix. I think those side effects are just your mind trying to get you to smoke again. I did have bad dreams, but they did not last long. just stay away from smokers if possible, Chantix made it easy

February 8, 2015 8:36 PM

Review by Asylumbound (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Once I decided I was going to stop smoking (after about 28 yrs of smoking more than a pack a day I started Chantix in May 2013 and I haven't smoked again since. Luckily I didn't have any side effects. I did gain 20 lbs since then but I do feel better. I don't have to worry about long flights anymore etc. I didn't even finish the second phase of the medication. It's definitely worth trying. If I can quit anyone can!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 10:18 PM

Review by Tmhweber:

I've smoked for 19 years and I am amazed as to how well Chantix has worked! I don't even want a cigarette. The only side effect was the dreams and they weren't crazy just weird and constant, it kind of was funny to tell people about them the next day. Personally I'd recommend it!

February 7, 2015 9:05 PM

Review by sammy24:

I don't understand why this medication is not doing one thing for me? I know it works for everyone and yet for me, I just don't feel anything except that I want to smoke. I have cheated a little but I am trying. I think I would be just as good trying to quit on my own. I am disappointed because I was so excited to get this medication finally.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2015 6:48 AM

Review by Rosario2015:

After over twenty years of smoking, I am finally free. Thank you Chantix. Never felt better.

February 2, 2015 9:25 PM

Review by maniak (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I used to gamble a lot. After Chantix, I have no urge to gamble. Thanks.

February 2, 2015 4:42 PM

Review by Madelyne (taken for 1 to 6 months):

My 11 y/o son requested me to stop smoking. Cold turkey and other alternatives is so hard to do it until I asked my PCP for some help. She prescribed me Chantix since my husband's insurance covers is 100%. Took it for a month and finally was able to stop coz cravings/urge are gone. Only side effect I've experienced is severe headache so my PCP advised me to talk 1/2 dosage since I am small and petite and it works. Smoke free for 10 mos already. Thanks Chantix!

February 1, 2015 5:43 PM

Review by proud_mommy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I successfully quit on day 6 and stayed for over a year and half with Chantix. I did have a few side effects nausea had to take half doses after day 8, vivid but pleasant dreams and constipation but not sure if that was withdrawal or the Chantix. I recently started back smoking around the anniversary of my husband's passing and started Chantix again 3 days ago. I can already tell the want and desire to smoke is fading and the taste is yuck. I would highly recommend Chantix to anyone that is SERIOUS about quitting.

January 28, 2015 1:44 PM

Review by jnaples (taken for less than 1 month):

My 6 year old son said he wanted me to quit smoking for his birthday. I started Chantix and was very surprised with the results. I have been smoking for 23 years. My son's birthday is in two days and I have not smoked in 2 weeks. I don't even miss them! I am proud to tell my son that I'm a quitter! I feel great! I even lost 5 pounds in a week! Thank you I could never have done it without Chantix! "Happy 7th Birthday my wonderful Son."

January 22, 2015 9:52 AM

Review by three marlanas:

I never thought I would be able to quit smoking but I did. After the starter pack I only used Chantix for three additional weeks. From there I was able to quit on my own. Five months now. No slip ups.

January 21, 2015 8:05 PM

Review by navydadsr (taken for less than 1 month):

Had been smoking for over 20 years, kids and wife wanted me to stop. Got my doctor to give me a prescription he gave it to me for 60 days took only two weeks, no side effects no cheating its been 3 years no smoking and I love it.

January 14, 2015 9:54 PM

Review by Kandiselee:

I would highly recommend this medication for smoking cessation. It was my saving grace to quitting smoking. I had bad dreams the first two nights when I was taking it in the am and in the evening. I switched the 2nd dose to after lunch and the bad dreams stopped. No other side effects. Absolutely the best medication ever to help you quit smoking.

January 11, 2015 4:19 PM

Review by jfrivera:

Chantix was the best thing that happens to me, took it 3 months and I feel great smoke free after 35 years.

January 9, 2015 5:44 PM