User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Chantix review summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

Review by dawn was:

Tried it and quit within 2 weeks. That was 6 years ago

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2014 7:30 PM

Review by Pattioh59:

I smoked for 41 yrs and tried to quit on my own no luck. I tried the patch ha ha I could have plastered my body in them and no luck. Could not use the gum as I lost 12 teeth in a horse accident but I tried Chantix and only got a little tense a few times but it made it so easy for me. I gave been tobacco free 2 yrs in February. Thank you Chantix.

October 7, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by beckyloo:

I smoked sometimes 2 packs of cigarettes a day just depending on what I was doing or who I was around and I started smoking when I was 15yrs old and I quit 4yrs years ago in 2010 .I never thought I would ever be able to quit

September 27, 2014 6:50 PM

Review by al quit:

51 years old. This last week marked my 1st year in 36 years as a smoke free year. Still taking Chantix. Scared to stop but no side effects. Ok I felt nauseous for a min or 2 once or twice a week but I did used to stick an ash tray in my mouth so I will pay that price. Anyways if it works for you and you still think you need to take it that's ok. This is what works for me. Just putting it out there.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2014 3:03 AM

Review by tracjono (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I started taking Chantix in August after filling the prescription in late June. I had read so many reviews on mood, behavior, emotional changes I was so afraid to take it. I had to make a decision and finally started the first week of August. The first 2 days I had severe nausea and confusion. I called my doctor they advised to take right after a meal. I did that the next day and had no nausea or confusion. I'm so glad I did not give up on this medicine. To be honest I have had a few cigarettes here and there. I guess after smoking since I was 16 (now 42) it's a hard habit to break. I don't even enjoy smoking at all. I take a couple puffs and the taste is so disgusting in my mouth I put the cigarette out. I'm done smoking . Go for it.

September 16, 2014 9:51 AM

Review by Deezy12345678 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I love Chantix! It's amazing. Only side effects I had was a little nauseous and some gas, but only if I didn't eat something or drink water with it, very very mild tiredness, nothing a coffee or coke couldn't resolve quickly, and very wild and vivid dreams almost realistic, but to be honest I really enjoyed them. I have like no desire to smoke whatsoever. Strangest/ coolest thing in the world.

September 11, 2014 3:24 PM

Review by dshutt:

Took Chantix for one month and quit smoking after smoking for 32 years. Had no side effects. stopped smoking on 3rd week an stopped taking Chantix after 4th week. Been smoke free for 3 months. My insurance didn't pay for Chantix but it was worth every penny.

August 29, 2014 12:46 AM

Review by Karen0923:

I have been smoke free for 10 weeks now. I have smoked for over 30 years, at least a pack a day, I did not think I would ever kick the habit. Chantix is amazing, after 5 days on the medicine cigarettes were making me feel so sick that I threw them away. I have not slipped up once, I can honestly say I did not miss smoking. I feel so much better, more energy, can smell and taste better. I have had no side effects, no weight gain either, actually a little weight loss probably because I am out walking about more now as I have more stamina. Do not hesitate to try this medicine, it is a lifesaver.

August 17, 2014 8:17 PM

Review by epronk (taken for less than 1 month):

Smoked for close to 40 years. Never tried to quit but wife had melanoma and I could not see myself taking her to a cancer waiting room smelling like a cigratte. Took Chantix for the first 3 days while smoking (tasted like straw); took the full dose on a Thursday and by Friday stopped taking Chantix (made me feel weird). Who cares. Haven't smoked in 5 years, have had absolutely no desire to smoke (or take Chantix). Try it. You have nothing to lose.

August 11, 2014 3:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Within in a month I had quit smoking after 47 years. My wife and son was so thankful to the manufactors of Chantix. I have wanted to quit for a long time and just did not have the will power to do it. Thanks to Chantix, the suppport of my family and friends. At 64 I am smoke free and I am going to stay smoke free. If there was some way for me to plead with every smoker out there to get Chantix and give it an honest try to quit, I am pretty sure if they want to quit there will be a 100% success rate.

August 11, 2014 11:36 AM

Review by Guyb (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I never once in forty years even tried to quit smoking. I recently had a c5 c6 c7 neck fusion. The bones have not healed due to my smoking. My dr advised me to try Chantix. So I took my start week pills. On the eighth day threw them out. I'm one month smoke free. Which I think is a miracle. No side effects at all. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to quit.

July 13, 2014 8:51 AM

Review by WRSJR (taken for 1 to 6 months):

After 47 years of smoking, I quit, with the aid of Chantix, on December 1st, 2013. It is now seven months that I have been smoke free and I honestly do not miss it. In the past, I tried pills, gum, e-cigarettes, patches, hypnotism....all without success. I am truly amazed by this product and thankful that it was recommended to me.

June 29, 2014 8:16 PM

Review by misty conner (taken for less than 1 month):

I did Chantix before and I quit for about 3 months found out I had a tumor and started smoking again. Well I took my first Chantix pill again, I am a back to back smoker and I smoked 2 cigs in a row and got nauseous than I went out smoked 2 more and made me nauseous and than I threw up yep I'm done no more smoking for me.

June 29, 2014 6:36 AM

Review by JR1900 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I began smoking at the tender age of 16. As I got older I smoked about 5 cigarettes per day. I had a routine and smoking was a good part of that routine. It also was my go to when I felt stressed, when I felt upset or if I was in a social setting. I stopped each time I was pregnant but went back after having the baby. I knew I needed to stop but I didn't want to. I liked it. It was when I started to think about my kids being without me that I decided that I needed to be here and healthy for them. I tried to quit 4-5 times before each time not following through, this time I was determined. Chantix helped me quit, its awesome.

June 21, 2014 5:41 PM

Review by janmn (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Chantix worked great for trying to quit smoking, up until the time you stop taking it. That's when I really noticed the depression. That was 3 years ago. Since than I started smoking and have attempted to quit again using chantix, now the depression and suicidal thoughts start after about day 3. I have done this trial about 5 times because I thought maybe the depression came because I was already depressed and it just intensified it, but after 5 times I am 100% convinced it's the medicine. Please be careful when taking this medication. Have someone you trust keep a watchful eye on your moods, sometimes your mood will change gradually and may not be evident the toll the medicine is taking. Watch for sadness, isolation, anger/rage suicide

May 27, 2014 3:14 PM

Review by deniseschulet (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I quit with Chantix in December and have not picked up since. I have thought about it, but then I smell smoke and I want to throw up. I smoked for almost 40 years.

May 23, 2014 10:39 AM

Review by james talley:

After 38 years of smoking a pack and a half, I tried Chantix. Now it has been 2 months without a cigarette, I am very happy.

May 20, 2014 2:14 AM

Review by lwood84 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have tried to quit many times and nothing worked. I have been on Chantix for 15 days and today is day 3 that I have not smoked. I smoked anywhere from a 1/2 to a pack a day and I am 29 years old and I have smoked since I was 15. It doesn't even make me want one and I cant believe that before 2 weeks of taking Chantix I have quit. My sister even quit using Chantix and she has been a non- smoker for a couple of years now! YOU CAN DO IT USING CHANTIX!!!!

May 16, 2014 1:31 PM

Review by dmileslangosta (taken for less than 1 month):

I will be 47 in two weeks and have been smoking since I was 14, that's THIRTY-THREE years. I was up to a pack and a half a day. I was super skeptical and a bit leery after reading the bad experiences some people had when using Chantix. I experienced no side effects other than feeling SLIGHTLY nauseated one morning because I had not eaten anything before I took it. I LOST CRAVINGS, no desire for the morning smoke before and with coffee from the second day and the 'cheat week' was much more than I needed. Those two drags off a cigarette I would take every now and then were pretty nasty and I would brush my teeth immediately. It was far easier to quit than I ever imagined. JUST DO IT!

May 8, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by TRACYGiRL:

I started Chantix on 4-17-2014 and since 4-27-14 I have not smoked a cigarette in 5 whole days! Not even a drag. I feel like I have no desire to smoke but there are times where I do crave one and think to myself, I went this long without one or a drag so why ruin it, then I forget about it. I do miss smoking but its better for the long run. I am about to turn 27 and have been smoking for 15yrs. I did experience some constipation and a few times felt nauseous but as long as you eat before and definitely drink as much water as you can. I was hesitant on taking this medication because of the side effects, especially the dreams. I have not had any terrible dreams, I have been dreaming more but I enjoy them, they are very vivid. I recommend Chantix.

May 1, 2014 7:25 PM

Review by Dften (taken for 1 to 6 months):

There is no doubt in my mind that Chantix made it possible for me to stop smoking. I personally did not suffer any significant side effects. I will say that while the medication reduced the physical cravings almost completely, the emotional aspect of not smoking still existed. There were times I didn't feel life was worth living without smoking because I missed it that much but it was emotional craving. Because of this I still needed 150 percent commitment to quitting.

April 28, 2014 12:07 PM

Review by repeatuser (taken for less than 1 month):

This is my 3rd time taking Chantix. The 1st time I took it for 3 months and quit smoking for 3.5yrs. I experienced the dreams but no other side effects. The 2nd time I took it for 1 month & quit smoking for 6 months. I still had the dreams but had nausea also. This time I've been on it for 4 wks, smoke free for 3wks. I'm having the dreams and had nausea for only the 2&3wk, but in the 2wk I started experiencing more side effects. I started feeling tired lazy bummed and in a bit of a depressive state. In the 3wk I became paranoid and obsessive with racing thoughts. Its hard to focus and now in the 4th wk I question if I'm hallucinating or dreaming. No thoughts of suicide. I quit taking it today & hope to stay smoke free.

April 27, 2014 6:24 PM

Review by SeanS (taken for less than 1 month):

Okay, so I've decided to share my experience. I have been on Chantix now for this would be start of day 4. It is irritating, I have been smoking but I'm not getting the effect I normally would. The smoke feels different, tastes different, and I'm starting to feel like they are a waste of time or that I just don't want one once I start one.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2014 10:12 AM

Review by Lynn76:

I have smoked for five years and have tried to quit three times and nothing worked. I have a new grandbaby and decided to the leap and ask for Chantix, I am on day 5 and everytime I try to smoke they taste nasty. I have no side effects. I eat then take it with a full glass of water. This is the best and I am so happy to break the chains of this addiction.

April 13, 2014 6:51 PM

Review by SRX440:

I had used chewing tobacco for 30 years and wanted to quit, my Doctor prescribed Chantix, one thing he told me to do was to take the second daily dose in the afternoon rather than in the evening to help prevent strange dreams and I never did have any. Make sure you eat something before taking to prevent upset stomach. Chantix did make me feel paranoid and nervous and I did worry more than normal and I couldn't drink while on it, I had one drink after I had started it and the next day I had the worst hangover I had ever had, actually I haven't drank now since I quit Chantix since I no longer have a desire to do so. All in all I feel it is very effective.

April 13, 2014 5:56 AM