Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Chantix review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

Review by blr:

I just started Chantix yesterday morning. As far as symptoms I had a brief headache when taking it, and nausea for about 10 minutes.. nothing that wasn't tolerable. I was very hesitant with taking the med because I have heard so many horror stories but honestly it isn't that bad so far. I did have pretty vivid dreams last night that were just strange and didn't make much sense but nothing terrifying. I normally smoked anywhere from slightly over half a pack to a pack per day. Yesterday I smoked 6 in total and today so far I have had less than half. I'm already starting to feel some withdrawal symptoms such as sore throat sore tongue slight headache ect. I plan on sticking with this med and will update later in the process.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 24, 2015 10:06 AM

Review by Andy stro (taken for less than 1 month):

I am new to this, but want to share. I am 50, smoked heavily almost 40 years. have tried to quit many times, but never could go more than a couple days. I took Chantix exactly as prescribed set my quit date (8 days), now I am smoke free for 10 days with no negative side affects. But, I will say, I don't drink or have other forms of addiction. Chantix makes me feel like I never smoked before, on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 20! I recommend it to anyone who wants to quit!

April 19, 2015 8:36 PM

Review by Soon to be father (taken for less than 1 month):

I just started Chantix and am only on day 4, so I am still smoking. I can tell changes already due to the taste. I no longer want to smoke, it has been great. If the rest of the treatment goes to plan I know this will work.

April 16, 2015 10:17 AM

Review by tisssy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Great and I've been two years smoke free thank you so much

April 9, 2015 9:08 AM

Review by Mikey1963:

Using Chantix, I quit after a 40 year habit. Good stuff. A life saver

April 7, 2015 10:11 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Fantastic. I quit smoking after over 20 years.

April 2, 2015 10:54 PM

Review by Jessica t:

It worked amazing. I smoked over a pack a day. I've been smoke free for over a year and half now. I highly recommend it to anyone. My blood pressure has lowered and as well as cholesterol. My teeth are amazing and gums have actually regenerized themselves. Best decision I've ever done.

March 30, 2015 11:14 PM

Review by Prince fan (taken for less than 1 month):

2nd time using Chantix. It worked the first and its working this time! And this I will never touch another cigarette!

March 23, 2015 5:04 PM

Review by mel0ymelmelymel:

I smoked for 23 years, I was very addicted. I even smoked during both my pregnancies but I couldn't even quit then. Finally, after 3 weeks on Chantix, I quit. It has been almost a year and a half. I didn't have any side effects.

March 18, 2015 5:28 PM

Review by ihoule (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am a 49 year old female, I have smoked for over 33 year's and believe it or not I really enjoyed smoking and didn't or wouldn't quit. My PCP has been on me for years to quit I had a lot of breathing issues and always sick with chest congestion, wheezing, coughing I having a hard time breathing but I was still smoking. I went on a trip with my daughter and when we got to the hotel I opened my suit case and the smell of smoke was so awful I told her when we get home I'm done. I took Chantix for 2 months and it's been 9 months. Smoke free. I had no side effects at all.

March 18, 2015 2:36 PM

Review by christa332004:

Excellent

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 16, 2015 6:59 PM

Review by llbreezell:

I was a 30 year pack a day smoker. I took Chantix and in 3 weeks I had totally quit. .no side effects,felt great. It is now 7 years I am smoke free and, I never miss it . thank you Chantix

March 10, 2015 5:57 PM

Review by kerasdad (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I smoked for 15 years. Chantix is a God send. However I had two rounds of it before I quit. It helps with the cravings and after a week on this medicine it makes the cigarettes taste awful, this was my mistake I kept smoking and got used to the change. Well fast forward another 6 months after I was off Chantix for a while I started again and stopped after about 2 weeks when the cigarettes started tasting funny again. And that was 7 years ago. I literally owe this medicine my life. My life that I can now spend more time with my daughter and she will not grow up around second hand smoke. It did give me nausea when I took it but only lasted from 20 minutes to an hour. But what is a little nausea compared to being able to stop smoking.

March 5, 2015 8:13 AM

Review by my byrdman (taken for 1 to 6 months):

was great.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 28, 2015 10:04 PM

Review by Karen s.:

I smoked for thirty years. I took Chantix and by the third week I no longer had the urge to smoke. I had a little nausea for a few days but it wasn't bad. Did have some crazy sex dreams. I am 65 and have been quit for 7 years. Best thing I ever did when I took Chantix. It works!

February 25, 2015 9:39 PM

Review by Smokefree:

I smoked for 18 years and never thought I could quit. I wasn't one of those social smokers...I NEEDED it. I would turn into a different and mean person when I had to go more than 2 hours without smoking. I tried the gum, lozenges and E-cig. Nothing worked, and then there was Chantix! It was amazing how it just took the urges away. I still wanted a cigarette out of habit, but not in the same way that I needed one before. I would have tried this years ago had I known. I have been smoke free for 5 months now. There is a downside though. I had bad side effects the first 2 weeks. I felt so strange and not myself at all. The side effects did go away completely, so if you stick it out, it is well worth it!

February 25, 2015 7:14 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Quitting was effortless!! I did have nausea throughout the entire treatment after taking the pill for a couple hours and has done very vivid, sometimes horrible dreams, but the side effects were worth it!

February 21, 2015 5:48 PM

Review by Lalex66 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Today is my one year anniversary of being smoke free - thank you Chantix! I took this for 3 months, and weened myself off of it the same way I began it. I also cut the dosage down to one pill a day at the 6-week mark. I checked in with my doctor after a month about depression (this and and the weening off of the medcine I believe are very important to success). I had some tough days, but really clear thinking and the ability to say no when a craving would come over me. I smoked for 35 years...If I can do it, so can you!

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2015 5:33 PM

Review by bevgail:

I was a smoker for 44 years and wanted to quit smoking because was going to become a grandmother. I heard about Chantix from my brother and decided to try it. I had used other things to quit but was never successful. After using Chantix for 1 week I no longer was a smoker. That was 8 years ago and I am very happy that my granddaughter has never had a grandma that smelled like smoke.

February 17, 2015 9:27 AM

Review by luvbug200417:

I started using Chantix September 2014. I'm was getting close to my 50th birthday and I really wanted to stop and it helped me to do it.

February 16, 2015 10:37 PM

Review by BreezyPtgirl:

My husband and I both used Chantix and quit smoking last July. Used for 3 months and did not go back. Side effects were the vivid dreams which were awesome. Terrific product.

February 16, 2015 8:10 PM

Review by Scotty LaRue:

I've been 5 years non smoking. Chantix was a big big help in making it happen. I slept like a log while taking Chantix, and after a month of it, I was done smoking. I never craved cigarette's after the 1st week of using it. This has got to be one of the greatest medicines ever made. Use it.

February 15, 2015 12:45 PM

Review by don o (taken for less than 1 month):

I smoked for 50+ years. Took it for one week and that was it. I didn't think it was possible for me to quit. It has been 6 years now. Great product.

February 14, 2015 6:48 PM

Review by Mssactomikki (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been smoking for 30+ years and quit using Chantix. The only side effects for me were the nausea and wild dreams. Knowing the outcome was better than the side effects I took it for 2 weeks, got through the hardest part and moved forward smoke free. If you get side effects and are determined to stop smoking it will help!

February 14, 2015 11:01 AM

Review by MisterMike24:

I am amazed with Chantix! I've smoked a pack a day or more for five year and it made my cravings nearly completely cease. Nausea and the bad vivid (sometimes lucid) dreams were the only side effects I experienced. I stopped the nausea by eating and drinking water with the medication. Wonderful, wonderful product!

February 11, 2015 11:46 PM