User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Chantix review summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

I smoked a pack and a half for 31 years took Chantix for 2 weeks with no side effects have not had a smoke for a year and half and have not wanted one thanks Chantix

November 12, 2014 7:20 PM

Review by Lmcjsl:

Chantix was terrible for me. Made me so nauseous I could not get out of bed. For me it gave me headaches and made me feel "hungover" all day long. Also I could not sleep more than 2 hours a night. Now it did make me not want to smoke but I can't be under those conditions all day everyday. So after 9 days I'm stopping.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2014 1:32 PM

Awesome. No side affects at all. A little stomach ache for 5 minutes after taking pill, but goes away fast. Been smoke free for 3 months. Feel great.

November 5, 2014 9:05 PM

Review by Merton tech:

Second time trying Chantix. First time help me stop smoking for six months but made me crazy. This time doc recommended taking half dose so far four weeks all good.

October 26, 2014 7:14 PM

Review by msjennifer13 (taken for less than 1 month):

I asked my Dr. 2 years ago to prescribe this and she didn't want to. She put me on Wellbutrin instead. Well it did absolutely nothing for quiting smoking. Went back last week to see about getting Chantix and she did prescribe it. I am simply amazed how this is working! I've been smoking for 30 years and never thought it would be this easy. The only thing I have to do when I start thinking about smoking is to remember why I'm quitting. Which is a lot right now but completely manageable. Wish she would have prescribed this when I asked 2 years ago.

October 23, 2014 2:54 AM

Review by Mandydidit:

I didn't want to quit smoking but knew I had to. At first I smoked while on the Chantix, but soon I found myself not interested in it. I smoked for 16 years, 1/2 a pack a day, and it worked! I had some side effects, weird dreams and slight depression but made it through and I feel great! It's been 6 months now free of smoking! I recommend Chantix!

October 21, 2014 2:31 PM

Review by Owen M Reppert:

I started smoking August 28 1983, tried to quit several times. Took Chantix for 3 weeks haven't had the thought or care for a smoke since February 14 2014.

October 20, 2014 8:35 PM

Review by michaela10:

I've been a smoker for 10 years. I have tried the gum, patches, and the vaporizer ciggs, nothing worked. Nothing worked because I wanted to smoke, I enjoyed it. I'm on day 18 of Chantix and this is my first day without a cigarette. I'm having all the side effects, nausea, vomiting, gas, constipation, dreams, cant sleep, and don't have energy. I wonder if this pill is made to do this so you wont want to smoke? I'm going to be a trooper and finish up my packet of pills, but the side effects are enough to make a person want to quit. I will say it reduces your cravings, and makes a cigarette taste nasty. I'm hoping that all these side effects are worth it in the long run.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2014 2:48 PM

Review by dawn was:

Tried it and quit within 2 weeks. That was 6 years ago

October 14, 2014 7:30 PM

Review by Pattioh59:

I smoked for 41 yrs and tried to quit on my own no luck. I tried the patch ha ha I could have plastered my body in them and no luck. Could not use the gum as I lost 12 teeth in a horse accident but I tried Chantix and only got a little tense a few times but it made it so easy for me. I gave been tobacco free 2 yrs in February. Thank you Chantix.

October 7, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by robsinmd:

I took Chantix for 11 weeks and quit smoking on week 3. I have smoked off and on for 20 years. Using Chantix was 100 X easier than quitting cold turkey, therefore I'm giving it a high rating, however the side effects of it were horrible. I wasn't truly honest with my doctor of the side effects, which was wrong looking back. I became so depressed and withdrawn and sometimes would lay in the bedroom and just eat! in fact I ate a lot and gained 35 pounds in 12 Weeks. so I stress caution for anyone using it although I will say it does help quit smoking. 2 weeks

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2014 5:33 PM

Review by beckyloo:

I smoked sometimes 2 packs of cigarettes a day just depending on what I was doing or who I was around and I started smoking when I was 15yrs old and I quit 4yrs years ago in 2010 .I never thought I would ever be able to quit

September 27, 2014 6:50 PM

Review by al quit:

51 years old. This last week marked my 1st year in 36 years as a smoke free year. Still taking Chantix. Scared to stop but no side effects. Ok I felt nauseous for a min or 2 once or twice a week but I did used to stick an ash tray in my mouth so I will pay that price. Anyways if it works for you and you still think you need to take it that's ok. This is what works for me. Just putting it out there.

September 21, 2014 3:03 AM

Review by tracjono (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I started taking Chantix in August after filling the prescription in late June. I had read so many reviews on mood, behavior, emotional changes I was so afraid to take it. I had to make a decision and finally started the first week of August. The first 2 days I had severe nausea and confusion. I called my doctor they advised to take right after a meal. I did that the next day and had no nausea or confusion. I'm so glad I did not give up on this medicine. To be honest I have had a few cigarettes here and there. I guess after smoking since I was 16 (now 42) it's a hard habit to break. I don't even enjoy smoking at all. I take a couple puffs and the taste is so disgusting in my mouth I put the cigarette out. I'm done smoking . Go for it.

September 16, 2014 9:51 AM

Review by Deezy12345678 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I love Chantix! It's amazing. Only side effects I had was a little nauseous and some gas, but only if I didn't eat something or drink water with it, very very mild tiredness, nothing a coffee or coke couldn't resolve quickly, and very wild and vivid dreams almost realistic, but to be honest I really enjoyed them. I have like no desire to smoke whatsoever. Strangest/ coolest thing in the world.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2014 3:24 PM

Review by dshutt:

Took Chantix for one month and quit smoking after smoking for 32 years. Had no side effects. stopped smoking on 3rd week an stopped taking Chantix after 4th week. Been smoke free for 3 months. My insurance didn't pay for Chantix but it was worth every penny.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 29, 2014 12:46 AM

Review by Karen0923:

I have been smoke free for 10 weeks now. I have smoked for over 30 years, at least a pack a day, I did not think I would ever kick the habit. Chantix is amazing, after 5 days on the medicine cigarettes were making me feel so sick that I threw them away. I have not slipped up once, I can honestly say I did not miss smoking. I feel so much better, more energy, can smell and taste better. I have had no side effects, no weight gain either, actually a little weight loss probably because I am out walking about more now as I have more stamina. Do not hesitate to try this medicine, it is a lifesaver.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2014 8:17 PM

Review by epronk (taken for less than 1 month):

Smoked for close to 40 years. Never tried to quit but wife had melanoma and I could not see myself taking her to a cancer waiting room smelling like a cigratte. Took Chantix for the first 3 days while smoking (tasted like straw); took the full dose on a Thursday and by Friday stopped taking Chantix (made me feel weird). Who cares. Haven't smoked in 5 years, have had absolutely no desire to smoke (or take Chantix). Try it. You have nothing to lose.

August 11, 2014 3:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Within in a month I had quit smoking after 47 years. My wife and son was so thankful to the manufactors of Chantix. I have wanted to quit for a long time and just did not have the will power to do it. Thanks to Chantix, the suppport of my family and friends. At 64 I am smoke free and I am going to stay smoke free. If there was some way for me to plead with every smoker out there to get Chantix and give it an honest try to quit, I am pretty sure if they want to quit there will be a 100% success rate.

August 11, 2014 11:36 AM

Review by Guyb (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I never once in forty years even tried to quit smoking. I recently had a c5 c6 c7 neck fusion. The bones have not healed due to my smoking. My dr advised me to try Chantix. So I took my start week pills. On the eighth day threw them out. I'm one month smoke free. Which I think is a miracle. No side effects at all. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to quit.

July 13, 2014 8:51 AM

Review by WRSJR (taken for 1 to 6 months):

After 47 years of smoking, I quit, with the aid of Chantix, on December 1st, 2013. It is now seven months that I have been smoke free and I honestly do not miss it. In the past, I tried pills, gum, e-cigarettes, patches, hypnotism....all without success. I am truly amazed by this product and thankful that it was recommended to me.

June 29, 2014 8:16 PM

Review by misty conner (taken for less than 1 month):

I did Chantix before and I quit for about 3 months found out I had a tumor and started smoking again. Well I took my first Chantix pill again, I am a back to back smoker and I smoked 2 cigs in a row and got nauseous than I went out smoked 2 more and made me nauseous and than I threw up yep I'm done no more smoking for me.

June 29, 2014 6:36 AM

Review by JR1900 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I began smoking at the tender age of 16. As I got older I smoked about 5 cigarettes per day. I had a routine and smoking was a good part of that routine. It also was my go to when I felt stressed, when I felt upset or if I was in a social setting. I stopped each time I was pregnant but went back after having the baby. I knew I needed to stop but I didn't want to. I liked it. It was when I started to think about my kids being without me that I decided that I needed to be here and healthy for them. I tried to quit 4-5 times before each time not following through, this time I was determined. Chantix helped me quit, its awesome.

June 21, 2014 5:41 PM

Review by janmn (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Chantix worked great for trying to quit smoking, up until the time you stop taking it. That's when I really noticed the depression. That was 3 years ago. Since than I started smoking and have attempted to quit again using chantix, now the depression and suicidal thoughts start after about day 3. I have done this trial about 5 times because I thought maybe the depression came because I was already depressed and it just intensified it, but after 5 times I am 100% convinced it's the medicine. Please be careful when taking this medication. Have someone you trust keep a watchful eye on your moods, sometimes your mood will change gradually and may not be evident the toll the medicine is taking. Watch for sadness, isolation, anger/rage suicide

May 27, 2014 3:14 PM

Review by deniseschulet (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I quit with Chantix in December and have not picked up since. I have thought about it, but then I smell smoke and I want to throw up. I smoked for almost 40 years.

May 23, 2014 10:39 AM