Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Chantix review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

Review by Prince fan (taken for less than 1 month):

2nd time using Chantix. It worked the first and its working this time! And this I will never touch another cigarette!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2015 5:04 PM

Review by ihoule (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I am a 49 year old female, I have smoked for over 33 year's and believe it or not I really enjoyed smoking and didn't or wouldn't quit. My PCP has been on me for years to quit I had a lot of breathing issues and always sick with chest congestion, wheezing, coughing I having a hard time breathing but I was still smoking. I went on a trip with my daughter and when we got to the hotel I opened my suit case and the smell of smoke was so awful I told her when we get home I'm done. I took Chantix for 2 months and it's been 9 months. Smoke free. I had no side effects at all.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2015 2:36 PM

Review by christa332004:

Excellent

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 16, 2015 6:59 PM

Review by llbreezell:

I was a 30 year pack a day smoker. I took Chantix and in 3 weeks I had totally quit. .no side effects,felt great. It is now 7 years I am smoke free and, I never miss it . thank you Chantix

March 10, 2015 5:57 PM

Review by my byrdman (taken for 1 to 6 months):

was great.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 28, 2015 10:04 PM

Review by Karen s.:

I smoked for thirty years. I took Chantix and by the third week I no longer had the urge to smoke. I had a little nausea for a few days but it wasn't bad. Did have some crazy sex dreams. I am 65 and have been quit for 7 years. Best thing I ever did when I took Chantix. It works!

February 25, 2015 9:39 PM

Review by Smokefree:

I smoked for 18 years and never thought I could quit. I wasn't one of those social smokers...I NEEDED it. I would turn into a different and mean person when I had to go more than 2 hours without smoking. I tried the gum, lozenges and E-cig. Nothing worked, and then there was Chantix! It was amazing how it just took the urges away. I still wanted a cigarette out of habit, but not in the same way that I needed one before. I would have tried this years ago had I known. I have been smoke free for 5 months now. There is a downside though. I had bad side effects the first 2 weeks. I felt so strange and not myself at all. The side effects did go away completely, so if you stick it out, it is well worth it!

February 25, 2015 7:14 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Quitting was effortless!! I did have nausea throughout the entire treatment after taking the pill for a couple hours and has done very vivid, sometimes horrible dreams, but the side effects were worth it!

February 21, 2015 5:48 PM

Review by Lalex66 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Today is my one year anniversary of being smoke free - thank you Chantix! I took this for 3 months, and weened myself off of it the same way I began it. I also cut the dosage down to one pill a day at the 6-week mark. I checked in with my doctor after a month about depression (this and and the weening off of the medcine I believe are very important to success). I had some tough days, but really clear thinking and the ability to say no when a craving would come over me. I smoked for 35 years...If I can do it, so can you!

February 21, 2015 5:33 PM

Review by bevgail:

I was a smoker for 44 years and wanted to quit smoking because was going to become a grandmother. I heard about Chantix from my brother and decided to try it. I had used other things to quit but was never successful. After using Chantix for 1 week I no longer was a smoker. That was 8 years ago and I am very happy that my granddaughter has never had a grandma that smelled like smoke.

February 17, 2015 9:27 AM

Review by luvbug200417:

I started using Chantix September 2014. I'm was getting close to my 50th birthday and I really wanted to stop and it helped me to do it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2015 10:37 PM

Review by BreezyPtgirl:

My husband and I both used Chantix and quit smoking last July. Used for 3 months and did not go back. Side effects were the vivid dreams which were awesome. Terrific product.

February 16, 2015 8:10 PM

Review by Scotty LaRue:

I've been 5 years non smoking. Chantix was a big big help in making it happen. I slept like a log while taking Chantix, and after a month of it, I was done smoking. I never craved cigarette's after the 1st week of using it. This has got to be one of the greatest medicines ever made. Use it.

February 15, 2015 12:45 PM

Review by don o (taken for less than 1 month):

I smoked for 50+ years. Took it for one week and that was it. I didn't think it was possible for me to quit. It has been 6 years now. Great product.

February 14, 2015 6:48 PM

Review by Mssactomikki (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been smoking for 30+ years and quit using Chantix. The only side effects for me were the nausea and wild dreams. Knowing the outcome was better than the side effects I took it for 2 weeks, got through the hardest part and moved forward smoke free. If you get side effects and are determined to stop smoking it will help!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2015 11:01 AM

Review by MisterMike24:

I am amazed with Chantix! I've smoked a pack a day or more for five year and it made my cravings nearly completely cease. Nausea and the bad vivid (sometimes lucid) dreams were the only side effects I experienced. I stopped the nausea by eating and drinking water with the medication. Wonderful, wonderful product!

February 11, 2015 11:46 PM

Review by irishman813 (taken for less than 1 month):

I have been smoke free for seven years this January after smoking for well more than half of my life. It seemed quite easy for me, and hopefully for you as well. Only advice I would offer while on this is be sure to eat BEFORE taking your dose. I got very sick on an empty stomach. Hope this helps and good luck to everyone.

February 11, 2015 3:55 PM

Review by Marine Dad:

Smoked for 40 years and tried several times to quit. Finally was able to with Chantix. I think those side effects are just your mind trying to get you to smoke again. I did have bad dreams, but they did not last long. just stay away from smokers if possible, Chantix made it easy

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2015 8:36 PM

Review by Asylumbound (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Once I decided I was going to stop smoking (after about 28 yrs of smoking more than a pack a day I started Chantix in May 2013 and I haven't smoked again since. Luckily I didn't have any side effects. I did gain 20 lbs since then but I do feel better. I don't have to worry about long flights anymore etc. I didn't even finish the second phase of the medication. It's definitely worth trying. If I can quit anyone can!

February 7, 2015 10:18 PM

Review by Tmhweber:

I've smoked for 19 years and I am amazed as to how well Chantix has worked! I don't even want a cigarette. The only side effect was the dreams and they weren't crazy just weird and constant, it kind of was funny to tell people about them the next day. Personally I'd recommend it!

February 7, 2015 9:05 PM

Review by sammy24:

I don't understand why this medication is not doing one thing for me? I know it works for everyone and yet for me, I just don't feel anything except that I want to smoke. I have cheated a little but I am trying. I think I would be just as good trying to quit on my own. I am disappointed because I was so excited to get this medication finally.

February 3, 2015 6:48 AM

Review by Rosario2015:

After over twenty years of smoking, I am finally free. Thank you Chantix. Never felt better.

February 2, 2015 9:25 PM

Review by maniak (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I used to gamble a lot. After Chantix, I have no urge to gamble. Thanks.

February 2, 2015 4:42 PM

Review by Madelyne (taken for 1 to 6 months):

My 11 y/o son requested me to stop smoking. Cold turkey and other alternatives is so hard to do it until I asked my PCP for some help. She prescribed me Chantix since my husband's insurance covers is 100%. Took it for a month and finally was able to stop coz cravings/urge are gone. Only side effect I've experienced is severe headache so my PCP advised me to talk 1/2 dosage since I am small and petite and it works. Smoke free for 10 mos already. Thanks Chantix!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2015 5:43 PM

Review by proud_mommy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I successfully quit on day 6 and stayed for over a year and half with Chantix. I did have a few side effects nausea had to take half doses after day 8, vivid but pleasant dreams and constipation but not sure if that was withdrawal or the Chantix. I recently started back smoking around the anniversary of my husband's passing and started Chantix again 3 days ago. I can already tell the want and desire to smoke is fading and the taste is yuck. I would highly recommend Chantix to anyone that is SERIOUS about quitting.

January 28, 2015 1:44 PM