User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Chantix review summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

Review by SeanS (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Okay, so I've decided to share my experience. I have been on Chantix now for this would be start of day 4. It is irritating, I have been smoking but I'm not getting the effect I normally would. The smoke feels different, tastes different, and I'm starting to feel like they are a waste of time or that I just don't want one once I start one.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 14, 2014 10:12 AM
Review by Lynn76: User Rating:

I have smoked for five years and have tried to quit three times and nothing worked. I have a new grandbaby and decided to the leap and ask for Chantix, I am on day 5 and everytime I try to smoke they taste nasty. I have no side effects. I eat then take it with a full glass of water. This is the best and I am so happy to break the chains of this addiction.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 13, 2014 6:51 PM
Review by SRX440: User Rating:

I had used chewing tobacco for 30 years and wanted to quit, my Doctor prescribed Chantix, one thing he told me to do was to take the second daily dose in the afternoon rather than in the evening to help prevent strange dreams and I never did have any. Make sure you eat something before taking to prevent upset stomach. Chantix did make me feel paranoid and nervous and I did worry more than normal and I couldn't drink while on it, I had one drink after I had started it and the next day I had the worst hangover I had ever had, actually I haven't drank now since I quit Chantix since I no longer have a desire to do so. All in all I feel it is very effective.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 13, 2014 5:56 AM
Review by Jowl it (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I'm 43yrs old been smoking since I'm 16, 2 packs a day for probably the last 10, menthol nonetheless. Took Chantix for 12 weeks before my quit day, that's how bad I am as a smoker and now I'm on day 11 without a puff and no cravings! My mental state is ecstatic knowing I don't smoke and better physically every day. Thank you Chantix!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 10, 2014 6:48 PM
Review by aaronbriscoe (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I really am that guy who has a VERY strong addictive personality. I try something... BOOM... I am addicted. I was a 2-3 pack a day smoker and honestly thought i would never quit after 18 years of smoking. Then I decided to drop take Chantix and BAM! I was smoke free after one week. I am now 6 months free from the chains of those little cancer sticks.

March 29, 2014 4:41 PM
Review by MOMof3inOC: User Rating:

I have smoked for over 20 years. I took Chantix and smoked for the first 3 weeks. I did however notice after the 7th day that cigarettes were not as enjoyable. I stopped on the 3rd week because I was bored with smoking. I am now just 6 days smoke free but feel amazing! I smell good, I can breathe better and have saved enough to buy some nice perfume which I can still smell on me at the end of the day. My smokers cough is even going away. I am having the strange dreams but that is the only side effect. Chantix makes it so easy. I am going to continue to take it a few more weeks to be sure this monkey is off my back and I plan to stay smoke free forever. Thank you Chantix- Update- 3/25/14 - 2 weeks smoke free and the urge is gone!

March 25, 2014 12:13 PM
Review by slimboss07 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I don't feel the need to smoke but feel withdrawals from the lack of cigarettes. A bit irritable, no bad dream's or anything like that. I am on my 11th day and for the last 2 days I have had 3 cigarettes total. Sometimes I feel an urge to do something or like there is something I have to do. Feel a bit confused at times. I have not taken my second dose of the day. I only take the second dose if I felt the urge to smoke which now I don't feel.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 24, 2014 8:28 PM
Review by ex smoker after 52 years: User Rating:

Born again that's how I feel 3 weeks smoke free and I get stronger every day. Can't believe how much better I feel thanks to chantix I'm so happy. I never thought I could quit no matter what but I was wrong and I know i'll never go back. I'm free and like I said I feel so good.

March 17, 2014 5:08 PM
Review by Enjoying life: User Rating:

I had tried many times many promises all to no avail. Now I get to enjoy my grand kids. Had I not quit smoking there is no doubt I would not be with them it's been 5 yrs now thanks Chantix.

March 16, 2014 11:01 PM
Review by steph42 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I'm on day 8 of Chantix and I've had really no side effects. I am having dreams which I usually don't. I've been smoking in and of since 15 and now 42. I've quit many times in my own sometimes for 3 years and always go back. I'm really determined this time and I feel like the Chantix is working because I don't feel like smoking at all. I did smoke one today. Today is my quit day and I did smoke the first 7 days. Normally I'm half pack a day smoker. I think it's worth trying. I feel like its going to work for me.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 16, 2014 9:15 PM
Review by CEL5 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I was very motivated to stop smoking back in 2012. I got a prescription for it May 12, 2012 and filled it. However, I did not take it! It expired on December of 2013; therefore, I didn't want to throw away the $176.28 I spent (cash) on it, so I decided to start taking it at the end of December. Well, it expired and I finally started taking it on on the 7th of February. I figured it was barely expired, so it wouldn't hurt. At this point, I was NOT motivated to quit at all. I just didn't want to waste the money that was spent on it. I haven't smoked for 26 days! I'm on the continuing pack now and NOW my insurance covers it. MD wants me on it for 6 months. Anyone can quit with Chantix! It's nothing like quitting cold turkey.

March 13, 2014 1:23 AM
Review by Ladyhawk60: User Rating:

I was in a quit smoking class when we got to the day of 'ok' today is the day what do each of you want to use to 'help' you succeed I'd done my homework and asked for Chantix I followed the directions to the letter chose a day counted back to make the 'week' and began.. That was Oct 9th 2013. Today is March 12th, 2014 I have one week left of Chantix and will be done... I have slipped a time or two and laughingly tried I said laughingly because one puff and I was going yuck, and never made it past that puff, 154 days smoke free except for a couple puffs I don't intend to beat myself up for. I've had no side effects just the ability without going crazy to quit a 42 yr habit. Thanks Chantix for making it an easier journey.

March 12, 2014 10:51 AM
Review by Trina Lavine: User Rating:

So I was reading all of the comments and felt the need to write my own. Today is only my SECOND DAY on Chantix and do I ever feel a difference. I have no urge to smoke already, but I still do because its so routine. I had 1 cigarette this morning and towards the end of it, did it ever taste so nasty. I can feel already a stronger sense of smell and tastes and I feel like this is really going to work for me so early on. I wasn't ready to quit at all. I had the pills laying around in the house and I had to look for something and came across the Chantix box I got about three months ago and it just hit me then like its time and I am happy this happened.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 11, 2014 9:30 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I smoked for almost 20 years and I had smoked between 1 to 2 packs a day. I quit smoking going on to my 3rd week of using Chantix and I also quit taken Chantix at the end of my 3rd week. It's now been 7 years and 3 month that I been smoke FREE... I never had any side effects nor any bad dreams.

March 5, 2014 10:15 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Chantix relieved the need to smoke after 45 years of smoking. As a nurse, I knew the risks of smoking but could not stop until my doctor suggested Chantix. Two weeks after starting Chantix, I was a non smoker. It's great.

March 5, 2014 5:26 PM
Review by JuliePA: User Rating:

I have finally stopped smoking! I continued to smoke well into 6 weeks on it but was able to cut down to 5 a day instead of 1-2 packs a day before I quit all the way. One side effect I haven't seen very often is illness. I have had two sinus infections a horrible cold and bronchitis all within a few months and come to find out a little known Chantix side effect is immune suppressant. I am ok with this as being sick also helped me finally kick the habit. Its hard to smoke when you can hardly breath but I was starting to think something was seriously wrong with me as I hardly ever got sick until I researched the side effects a little more.

March 4, 2014 2:13 PM
Review by pragmatic11 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I smoked for over thirty years. I tried to quit numerous times using a vaiety of other smoking cessation aids and techniques including the patch, gum,hypnotism, cold turkey etc.. Over three and a half years ago, my physician suggested Chantix. Within two months I was smoke free and have never looked back. I had absolutely no side effects and and almost immediate effects in that I had no craving for cigarettes. Thank God for this product!

March 2, 2014 7:51 AM
Review by tlee143 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I'm 31 yrs old- female. Been smoking 16 yrs about pack a day. I'm still smoking and just started my 3rd week on Chantix however I feel I do NOT need cigarettes anymore. Yesterday I smoked 1 cigarette and didn't enjoy any of it. I find myself only smoking still so that I find it more disgusting and no longer will want it (in the future). I have 4 cigarettes left in pack and will NOT be buying anymore. I don't think about running outside every 30 mins to an hour. And when I do think about having one I actually get turned off and end up forgetting about it. When I started Chantix I wasn't totally ready to quit but I'm there now. Side effects hit me about 2 weeks into it- mild constipation, quick to be irritable (but doesn't last) headaches (pain relievers help).

March 1, 2014 11:07 AM
Review by Gabby. B: User Rating:

I started taking Chantix on January 16th, 2014. First off, I did not pick a quit date; I let it pick me. I smoked since I was in middle school faithfully, and I will be 48 this year. I started with the 0.5 mg a day for 7 days and honestly, the cigarettes started tasting like metal on the 3rd day. This evening, I will be finishing up my 5th week on Chantix and I feel good. I would smoke maybe 1 cigarette a day during the first week and then, I had no desire to spend anymore money on a pack of smokes that now cost over $7.00. I must admit that I did put on about 15 lbs within the month because I needed something to do with my hands because I was so used to having a cigarette in my hand. This Chantix works for me....A diehard smoker.

February 26, 2014 1:10 PM
Review by Frenchy111: User Rating:

In two weeks I'll have been smoke free for 6 MONTHS! I think about this often and laugh to myself and sometimes do a little victory shimmy when I'm alone, of course. I'm 30, I've been smoking for 12 years, I grew tired of hiding in weird places to smoke. I started taking the pills when I wasn't yet ready to quit but I'm better off. I took the first two weeks of these pills and that was it. The last cigarette felt like I'd gone outside, picked up a tree branch and tried to smoke it. Chantix, luckily allows you to continue smoking through the first week, I smoked into the 4th day of the second week and that unpleasant experience hit me like I ton of bricks. I experienced ZERO side effects, this medicine affects everyone differently.

February 19, 2014 2:41 PM
Review by Schwartz Stephen: User Rating:

So I've been smoking for five years. I have tried quitting 3 times in the past, with patches, gum, and cold turkey. None of that worked out very well at all. So I decided to try this out, and it works great! I have maybe one craving a day for a very brief amount of time then it goes away. DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL while on Chantix. I'm not going to give you all the details but lets just say thanks God for good friends. So please don't drink while taking this medicine.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 18, 2014 1:45 PM
Review by Harley987 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

I have quit 3 times and it's been my own weakness. This is my last time. The more you relapse the more you realize you do not want to smoke. I have gone both times 8 months. It's always at the most stressful occasion, the last was being laid off at 64 after 13 years. This last Chantix event has been rough but I have cut back on the dosage. I've been on it about 6 weeks. It's not taking as long as it did the first time because I have begun to hate the smoke smell and dependence worse than the enjoyment that I had 2 years ago. I could never stop without it. Try it, make adjustments, if it doesn't work, so be it. I quit on the 13th of February, I hope, for the last time. Don't ever give up, please. Drink as much water as you can.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 15, 2014 2:50 PM
Review by Michelle Mar: User Rating:

I quit abusing medicines and drinking 2 1/2 years ago, but never thought I would quit smoking. I started taking Chantix January 17, and have been cigarette free since January 24! The freedom from not smoking feels amazing! I've had some crazy dreams, but I have weird dreams anyway. Thank you Chantix for helping me kick the habit!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 14, 2014 9:50 PM
Review by Burmire (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

I tried the patch, lozenges, all that. Failed every time. Smoking for me is so heavily built into my daily routine I just couldn't give it up. Today is day 3 on Chantix and I already feel like I can go without a cigarette, no problem. I am excited and have hope that this is going to work for me. Can't wait until tomorrow maybe I won't light up at all and see how it goes. No side effects yet, great dream last night though.

February 13, 2014 11:44 AM
Review by scoot scoot: User Rating:

I had been a smoker for about 19 years about a pack a day. I had tried a couple times to quit smoking, but nothing ever lasted more than a week or two. I was nervous to try Chantix because of all the message boards about the side effects, but I tried anyways. Not even ten days in, I quit smoking. It surprised me how easy it was and then a couple weeks after that I stopped taking the pill and I haven't had even an urge. I recommend it. I had a couple super vivid dreams, but nothing crazy and it was totally worth it.

February 8, 2014 1:27 AM