User Reviews for Wellbutrin SR

Learn more about Wellbutrin SR.

Major Depressive Disorder 7 reviews 44 medications

8.7
Depression 44 reviews 75 medications

7.5
Summary of Wellbutrin SR reviews 51 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Wellbutrin SR

For Depression "I've been on Wellbutrin 150mg 2x daily for a month now and the only thing that I've noticed is I'm extreme exhaustion about an hour after I take it. It's quite disheartening after reading so many positive reviews about this drug. My doctor recommended giving it more time to take effect but I'm losing hope."

gigglesquirt (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I got to a point where I was in bed 20 hrs a day, couldn't work etc. Severely depressed .I've battled that all my life but never got on an anti depressant . Wellbutrin along with lexapro 20 MG changed my life. Mainly the wellbutrin as I truly changed when that was added. I'm on 300mg SR. AT first you'll feel jumpy and anxious but give it 3-4 days, week tops, and it'll be incredible I have a new job, I'm traveling. New person."

depressedandstressed (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2015

For Depression "I've been on the generic version of Wellbutrin SR 100mg once a day a little over a week. Added to supplement my 20mg Prozac twice a day, and .5 Klonopin twice a day. I've been on the Prozac and Klonopin over a year and it began to be not as effective. I began to feel very depressed along with my anxiety also I've gained about 20lbs so my psychatrist prescribed 100mg Wellbutrin SR once a day in morn to help. So far I've noticed I'm extremely tired about 1 hour after taking, so tired even my strongest cup of coffee can't keep me awake. I know Prozac and Klonopin can have this as a side effect but my body is well adjusted to that now, those side effects are long gone.I've noticed better focus and reduced appetite, so now I will just wait."

D-0881 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Wellbutrin XL for a few years and recently was switched to Wellbutrin SR. I felt an immediate difference. I was dizzy the first day but the 2nd day I was alert and calm. I've lost 10 pounds in the few weeks I've been on it which is good going from 150-140."

KAEST (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2015

For Depression "Major change in my mood and energy. I enjoy to do things I used to do. Wellbutrin has changed my life."

Rosie124 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started this medication at a time when I did not have any health insurance and had to pay around $40/month for it. One of the very first things I noticed when taking this medication was that I started smoking fewer cigarettes, it made the cigarettes taste the way they should, horrible. I never had any other side effects from the medication. When I switched to another medication, it became very apparent that I was not doing as well as I had been while on the Wellbutrin SR, so I switched back after a few months and a couple different meds. This is definitely my favorite; I'd been on several different medications for my MDD and always had terrible side effects. Not with this!"

StephanieAlice (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2014

For Depression "Extreme dry mouth. Could not leave home without bottle of water. Extreme dry stools to the point that I was taking a stool softener every day to avoid unnecessary straining. "

jay-bee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 20, 2014

For Depression "I've been taking this medication for depression. I've been on it for about a year now. When I first started taking it I smoked about a pack a day. Over time this reduced my cravings for nicotine and helped me quit smoking. It took time and effort but it worked. Also when I started this medicine I weighed 207 lbs which was my highest weight. Wellbutrin caused weight loss for me and I now weigh 165. This medicine improves my overall mood and I am not as depressed as I was a year ago. I've also experienced hair shedding, which has become more and more of a problem. Sometimes it comes out in handfuls. I gave this medicine a 9 because mostly my side effects were positive. I don't know where I'd be without Wellbutrin."

Nobody1100 November 16, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was skeptical about bupropion. I started this at 150mg. I am BiPolar- and must say that it has been a God send. I read up on it and how it can give you energy plus can also help with concentration, I scoffed in a way. No longer do I scoff. I am so grateful that I take this, it does not effect any SSRI's as it's differently made up. I am on Zoloft and bupropion, these do not cause me a problem. It is possible to take these with BIPolar, yes, there is research regarding anti depressants and BiPolar, but for me it has given me back my life- I do have energy to leave the house, I can concentrate, my memory is better, but I now have a life- a social life. I go out. So please don't be scared off, by antidepressants and BiPolar- ask the question."

Koalamaiden - NSW (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have major depression and post traumatic stress disorder. This medication helps motivate me and it gives a slight boost for my moods I tend to smile more now but still get depressed now and then. It has very little side effects best thing is no sexual side effects! It also helps my anxiety but still have a hard time concentrating which my doc says helps but for me it doesn't it's just a mood stabilizer to me. I give it a 7 out of 10 because it only helps me slightly. I take 150mg twice a day."

Chrisphan (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2014

For Depression "I was taking this for depression for about 3 years and it was a miracle for me. I stopped taking it when I lost my insurance for about a year. The result was a weight gain of 20 lbs and severe depression (again) I've been taking now about a year and the result is that I'm happy again. I lost 30 lbs and experience an increased libido. I've never taken any other anti-depressant besides Wellbutrin SR."

tahoegrl (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am bi-polar and have been on Lamictal for 5 years but I was still having issues with depression so my doctor suggested Wellbutrin SR. The first 3 weeks I was on it I wasn't impressed and thought about discontinuing it. I was spacey and had horrible headaches. But I'm so glad I gave it a chance. Started to feel less depressed after a month of taking it and I'm in my 4th month and I still have my moments but overall my outlook on life is much more positive. I also hoped it would help me quit smoking and lose weight. Only the later happened but still quitting smoking is pretty awesome. I've tried so many things to quit and nothing helped until this. I'm still not at 100% but still a big improvement. I totally recommend this."

isssarose (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2014

For Depression "I have been on bupropion for a month. I have lost the sadness, obsessive dark thoughts and have more energy and less aches and pains. I felt a little weird taking it a first( mild headache, taste in my mouth) but those have gone. This is great stuff and feel hopeful and focused. I am not snappy and withdrawn from my spouse."

rouxball (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2014

For Depression "Wonderful for me! I have increased energy, able to work and generally FEEL better. Downside-occasional insomnia. Drink lots of water, you will feel very thirsty. I highly recommend this antidepressant."

qlwaysmandi (taken for 10 years or more) June 13, 2014

For Depression "I am a mother of 2 small children and I began this medication about 2 months ago after being on Celexa (which made me feel tired a lot and hungry all the time - I gained like 20 lbs on it). The first thing I noticed with Wellbutrin was a decreased appetite. Then I started to feel more alert - the same kind of alertness you would feel when taking Adderall. A few weeks into it, my mood was totally different. I was happy, calm, energetic - all the things that I wanted for so long, but never thought I could achieve, as I was very depressed. I was walking in a parking lot the other day and I thought to myself "wow. isn't life great?" - Wellbutrin is an AMAZING medication."

Crissy123 May 12, 2014

141 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took Wellbutrin SR 150, twice a day for about a year along with Zoloft 50 once a day to get myself better after falling into a deep depressive episode. My psychiatrist also recommended the Wellbutrin for helping to stop tobacco products and said that it would help with the depressive episodes. Overall, I really liked this medication for my condition as it had few side effects for me and with the Zoloft (not sure which to give credit to really) my appetite increased and I was able to eat healthier and gain back some of the weight which was lost due to my depression as a whole. After doing more research I did find that Wellbutrin is contraindicated for people with history of epilepsy or seizures in general."

Benzene7 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2014

For Depression "I started Wellbutrin SR just last week. I feel 90% better already. Previously I was taking Zoloft and after a year and a half I felt sluggish, tired, hopeless, and just plain blah. I now don't have constant worrying, it helps withy OCD, and the things that bothered me before have just become basically no big deal to me. I happier, I focus much better? And my spirits are brighter than they have been in months!!!"

Pinkin (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I felt it working in a couple of days and I felt great! The depression lifted and I felt so much more energy, no more crying and actually wanted to do things! There is depression that runs in my family and I also feel like it happens more seasonally in the winter. However, after a week of taking it, I developed an allergic reaction and broke out in hives on my legs. This is the first allergy I've ever had! Had to stop taking it due to the reaction and now I've been put on Pristiq...we will see how things go."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2014

For Depression "I am only on my 3rd day with Wellbutrin SR (150mg once a day for now) but I really feel good about this medicine already! I'm brand new to antidepressants but had been on Lexapro for 2 weeks prior to getting the Wellbutrin prescription and I really did not like the Lexapro. With it I had been having a headache everyday, tense muscles, felt emotionally numb, was tired all the time, couldn't focus, and absolutely could not reach orgasm even having sex everyday (which was extremely frustrating). Since switching 3 days ago, I have had more energy, more ability to focus, I feel happier about life as a whole, and I have been really productive with school work (I'm a college student). I also have noticed that I'm not feeling as hungry. Good feels."

Emily_22 (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2013

For Depression "I had tried four of five different SSRI's over 10 years and they didn't work for me. Also, I was put on Serozone some years ago by my GP and that medication just wasn't for me - it was finally taken off the market due to it's horrible side effects. Finally, my doctor prescribed Wellbutrin SR and it worked wonders for me. I had only one side effect which was waking up at night. I'll take that over depression any day."

John Alex (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 14, 2013

For Depression "I just was put back onto Wellbutrin after attempting 3 other antidepressants. It was only after being off it that I realized how good it worked for me. I was taken off of it because it caused me to have some issues with irritability and according to my family- short tempered. I was put on Cymbalta, but I enjoy a drink or 2 a day with my wife (Cymbalta and alcohol will destroy your liver- very well documented). Zoloft made me feel completely despondent, and I felt life was no longer worth living, not to mention made me not even remotely think of sex. When I was put back on Wellbutrin, I felt like life WAS worth living, and I feel happier and euphoric. Now I take Lamictal with Wellbutrin 150 mg in the morning. Avoid the XR- causes insomnia."

Zaps (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2013

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have ADD, anxiety and depression. I began 100mg once a day for a week then went to 100mg twice a day. You have to give this medicine time to work. The first I was thinking of not taking it anymore because it made me feel so tired. But I'm so happy I stuck it out! My overall mood, attitude and outlook has improved tremendously. My mood and attention is consistent, unlike when I took Adderall and would experience crashes. This medication has made a world of difference. I'm less anxious and happier."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2013

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "False-positive urine immunoassay screening tests for amphetamines have been reported in patients taking bupropion (the active ingredient contained in Wellbutrin SR). This happened to me with the birth of our second child. Our daughter tested positive for amphetamines. Child Services were called and we had to prove our own innocents! The nurse reporting the "problem" told us that they knew that Wellbutrin SR could cause this result but according to the law we were still reported. "

R&C's Mom January 20, 2013

For Depression "I am on bupropion SR for 2.5 months and it's been pretty good so far. I don't sleep all the time like on citalopram and my weight stayed the same with a slightly diminished appetite. The depression is mostly gone even though I'm unemployed for a long time living off dwindling savings. But I'm actually trying to get work now since I have more energy and feel generally better than ever despite the economy. My libido isn't much despite other comments here. Some anxiety still there and a few drinks in the evening help that. The biggest side effect is extreme sweating when it is humid and above 70 degrees. It's embarrassing. For me, bupropion (Wellbutrin SR) 100mg twice a day mostly works. Good luck."

DW27 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2012

For Depression "This has been prescribed by my doctor as an add on antidepressant to Lexapro which I am taking- as Lexapro did not seem to be working just by itself. I think this medication is pretty good. Overall I feel much less depressed since taking it, and almost feel back to my old self. The only side effect I get with this medication is sweating. I would definitely recommend this medicine to other people."

ladylapre (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2012