Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Wellbutrin SR

Learn more about Wellbutrin SR.

Major Depressive Disorder 5 reviews 44 medications

8.6
Depression 42 reviews 75 medications

7.7
Summary of Wellbutrin SR reviews 47 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Wellbutrin SR

Review by Rosie124 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: Major change in my mood and energy. I enjoy to do things I used to do. Wellbutrin has changed my life.

February 24, 2015 9:01 PM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I started this medication at a time when I did not have any health insurance and had to pay around $40/month for it. One of the very first things I noticed when taking this medication was that I started smoking fewer cigarettes, it made the cigarettes taste the way they should, horrible. I never had any other side effects from the medication. When I switched to another medication, it became very apparent that I was not doing as well as I had been while on the Wellbutrin SR, so I switched back after a few months and a couple different meds. This is definitely my favorite; I'd been on several different medications for my MDD and always had terrible side effects. Not with this!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2014 8:00 PM

Review by jay-bee (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Depression: Extreme dry mouth. Could not leave home without bottle of water. Extreme dry stools to the point that I was taking a stool softener every day to avoid unnecessary straining.

November 20, 2014 10:13 PM

Review by Nobody1100:

For Depression: I've been taking this medication for depression. I've been on it for about a year now. When I first started taking it I smoked about a pack a day. Over time this reduced my cravings for nicotine and helped me quit smoking. It took time and effort but it worked. Also when I started this medicine I weighed 207 lbs which was my highest weight. Wellbutrin caused weight loss for me and I now weigh 165. This medicine improves my overall mood and I am not as depressed as I was a year ago. I've also experienced hair shedding, which has become more and more of a problem. Sometimes it comes out in handfuls. I gave this medicine a 9 because mostly my side effects were positive. I don't know where I'd be without Wellbutrin.

November 16, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by Koalamaiden - NSW (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I was skeptical about bupropion. I started this at 150mg. I am BiPolar- and must say that it has been a God send. I read up on it and how it can give you energy plus can also help with concentration, I scoffed in a way. No longer do I scoff. I am so grateful that I take this, it does not effect any SSRI's as it's differently made up. I am on Zoloft and bupropion, these do not cause me a problem. It is possible to take these with BIPolar, yes, there is research regarding anti depressants and BiPolar, but for me it has given me back my life- I do have energy to leave the house, I can concentrate, my memory is better, but I now have a life- a social life. I go out. So please don't be scared off, by antidepressants and BiPolar- ask the question.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 12:24 AM

Review by Chrisphan (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I have major depression and post traumatic stress disorder. This medication helps motivate me and it gives a slight boost for my moods I tend to smile more now but still get depressed now and then. It has very little side effects best thing is no sexual side effects! It also helps my anxiety but still have a hard time concentrating which my doc says helps but for me it doesn't it's just a mood stabilizer to me. I give it a 7 out of 10 because it only helps me slightly. I take 150mg twice a day.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2014 12:34 PM

Review by tahoegrl (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: I was taking this for depression for about 3 years and it was a miracle for me. I stopped taking it when I lost my insurance for about a year. The result was a weight gain of 20 lbs and severe depression (again) I've been taking now about a year and the result is that I'm happy again. I lost 30 lbs and experience an increased libido. I've never taken any other anti-depressant besides Wellbutrin SR.

October 29, 2014 11:26 AM

Review by isssarose (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I am bi-polar and have been on Lamictal for 5 years but I was still having issues with depression so my doctor suggested Wellbutrin SR. The first 3 weeks I was on it I wasn't impressed and thought about discontinuing it. I was spacey and had horrible headaches. But I'm so glad I gave it a chance. Started to feel less depressed after a month of taking it and I'm in my 4th month and I still have my moments but overall my outlook on life is much more positive. I also hoped it would help me quit smoking and lose weight. Only the later happened but still quitting smoking is pretty awesome. I've tried so many things to quit and nothing helped until this. I'm still not at 100% but still a big improvement. I totally recommend this.

August 9, 2014 2:43 AM

Review by rouxball (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have been on bupropion for a month. I have lost the sadness, obsessive dark thoughts and have more energy and less aches and pains. I felt a little weird taking it a first( mild headache, taste in my mouth) but those have gone. This is great stuff and feel hopeful and focused. I am not snappy and withdrawn from my spouse.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2014 6:16 PM

Review by qlwaysmandi (taken for 10 years or more):

For Depression: Wonderful for me! I have increased energy, able to work and generally FEEL better. Downside-occasional insomnia. Drink lots of water, you will feel very thirsty. I highly recommend this antidepressant.

June 13, 2014 11:04 PM

Review by Crissy123:

For Depression: I am a mother of 2 small children and I began this medication about 2 months ago after being on Celexa (which made me feel tired a lot and hungry all the time - I gained like 20 lbs on it). The first thing I noticed with Wellbutrin was a decreased appetite. Then I started to feel more alert - the same kind of alertness you would feel when taking Adderall. A few weeks into it, my mood was totally different. I was happy, calm, energetic - all the things that I wanted for so long, but never thought I could achieve, as I was very depressed. I was walking in a parking lot the other day and I thought to myself "wow. isn't life great?" - Wellbutrin is an AMAZING medication.

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 12, 2014 3:25 PM

Review by Benzene7 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Major Depressive Disorder: I took Wellbutrin SR 150, twice a day for about a year along with Zoloft 50 once a day to get myself better after falling into a deep depressive episode. My psychiatrist also recommended the Wellbutrin for helping to stop tobacco products and said that it would help with the depressive episodes. Overall, I really liked this medication for my condition as it had few side effects for me and with the Zoloft (not sure which to give credit to really) my appetite increased and I was able to eat healthier and gain back some of the weight which was lost due to my depression as a whole. After doing more research I did find that Wellbutrin is contraindicated for people with history of epilepsy or seizures in general.

April 26, 2014 1:11 AM

Review by Pinkin (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I started Wellbutrin SR just last week. I feel 90% better already. Previously I was taking Zoloft and after a year and a half I felt sluggish, tired, hopeless, and just plain blah. I now don't have constant worrying, it helps withy OCD, and the things that bothered me before have just become basically no big deal to me. I happier, I focus much better? And my spirits are brighter than they have been in months!!!

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2014 12:10 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I felt it working in a couple of days and I felt great! The depression lifted and I felt so much more energy, no more crying and actually wanted to do things! There is depression that runs in my family and I also feel like it happens more seasonally in the winter. However, after a week of taking it, I developed an allergic reaction and broke out in hives on my legs. This is the first allergy I've ever had! Had to stop taking it due to the reaction and now I've been put on Pristiq...we will see how things go.

January 30, 2014 8:49 AM

Review by Emily_22 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: I am only on my 3rd day with Wellbutrin SR (150mg once a day for now) but I really feel good about this medicine already! I'm brand new to antidepressants but had been on Lexapro for 2 weeks prior to getting the Wellbutrin prescription and I really did not like the Lexapro. With it I had been having a headache everyday, tense muscles, felt emotionally numb, was tired all the time, couldn't focus, and absolutely could not reach orgasm even having sex everyday (which was extremely frustrating). Since switching 3 days ago, I have had more energy, more ability to focus, I feel happier about life as a whole, and I have been really productive with school work (I'm a college student). I also have noticed that I'm not feeling as hungry. Good feels.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2013 7:08 PM

Review by John Alex (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: I had tried four of five different SSRI's over 10 years and they didn't work for me. Also, I was put on Serozone some years ago by my GP and that medication just wasn't for me - it was finally taken off the market due to it's horrible side effects. Finally, my doctor prescribed Wellbutrin SR and it worked wonders for me. I had only one side effect which was waking up at night. I'll take that over depression any day.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2013 8:11 AM

Review by Zaps (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I just was put back onto Wellbutrin after attempting 3 other antidepressants. It was only after being off it that I realized how good it worked for me. I was taken off of it because it caused me to have some issues with irritability and according to my family- short tempered. I was put on Cymbalta, but I enjoy a drink or 2 a day with my wife (Cymbalta and alcohol will destroy your liver- very well documented). Zoloft made me feel completely despondent, and I felt life was no longer worth living, not to mention made me not even remotely think of sex. When I was put back on Wellbutrin, I felt like life WAS worth living, and I feel happier and euphoric. Now I take Lamictal with Wellbutrin 150 mg in the morning. Avoid the XR- causes insomnia.

March 31, 2013 5:32 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I have ADD, anxiety and depression. I began 100mg once a day for a week then went to 100mg twice a day. You have to give this medicine time to work. The first I was thinking of not taking it anymore because it made me feel so tired. But I'm so happy I stuck it out! My overall mood, attitude and outlook has improved tremendously. My mood and attention is consistent, unlike when I took Adderall and would experience crashes. This medication has made a world of difference. I'm less anxious and happier.

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 17, 2013 9:58 AM

Review by R&C's Mom:

For Depression: False-positive urine immunoassay screening tests for amphetamines have been reported in patients taking bupropion (the active ingredient contained in Wellbutrin SR). This happened to me with the birth of our second child. Our daughter tested positive for amphetamines. Child Services were called and we had to prove our own innocents! The nurse reporting the "problem" told us that they knew that Wellbutrin SR could cause this result but according to the law we were still reported.

January 20, 2013 2:39 PM

Review by DW27 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Depression: I am on bupropion SR for 2.5 months and it's been pretty good so far. I don't sleep all the time like on citalopram and my weight stayed the same with a slightly diminished appetite. The depression is mostly gone even though I'm unemployed for a long time living off dwindling savings. But I'm actually trying to get work now since I have more energy and feel generally better than ever despite the economy. My libido isn't much despite other comments here. Some anxiety still there and a few drinks in the evening help that. The biggest side effect is extreme sweating when it is humid and above 70 degrees. It's embarrassing. For me, bupropion (Wellbutrin SR) 100mg twice a day mostly works. Good luck.

September 26, 2012 3:19 PM

Review by ladylapre (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: This has been prescribed by my doctor as an add on antidepressant to Lexapro which I am taking- as Lexapro did not seem to be working just by itself. I think this medication is pretty good. Overall I feel much less depressed since taking it, and almost feel back to my old self. The only side effect I get with this medication is sweating. I would definitely recommend this medicine to other people.

September 22, 2012 5:01 PM

For Depression: I'm on my 3rd week of bupropion and I have finally started seeing a difference in myself. It was a Thursday and I was in clinicals, I'm in college for athletic training, and I was just my normal friendly happy energetic self. Out of the three weeks I have had dizziness once and I have noticed some trembling but so far so good and I really feel like I'm getting back to my normal self. I had been down for so long I'm just glad I finally did something about it!

February 17, 2012 2:40 PM

Review by mjw078:

For Depression: This medication is great. I've tried several other antidepressants and this one is by far the most effective especially when taken concurrently with an SSRI. The only bad thing about it is it makes you shake like a leaf. I once spilled a drink all over me because I couldn't hold it steady. But this side effect is insignificant in comparison to the benefits of taking the medicine.

December 18, 2011 10:13 AM

Review by love79:

For Depression: I was prescribed generic for Wellbutrin 10 days ago, I felt great first couple of days, but last couple of days I feel really depressed, constantly crying and yelling at my husband and kids for no reason. Just left a message for my doctor to call me back to see if we can change either dosage or the medication period.

November 28, 2011 10:59 AM

Review by tiredmomma:

For Depression: I have post-partum depression. I'm on day 4 or 5 and feel less fatigued but still want to stay in bed. Unfortunately, I can't....have 2 babies running around.

November 8, 2011 10:51 AM