User Reviews for Wellbutrin SR

Learn more about Wellbutrin SR.

Major Depressive Disorder 9 reviews 46 medications

7.8
Depression 49 reviews 76 medications

7.2
Summary of Wellbutrin SR reviews 58 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Wellbutrin SR

For Depression "Was having some anxiety and depression issues due to many life factors. Was told that Wellbutrin would be a good option and that it was fairly mild. The first few days had the euphoric feeling everyone talks about, but this ended in 2-3 days. After that anger kicked in to the point where I was taking walks at 1am to calm down and relax. From there the weirdness kicked in. A feeling that's hard to describe but life got very flat. Didn't feel anything, just flat. I felt like I had a lobotomy or something. At a party last week a friend asked if I was stoned as I looked out of it. Then I forgot to take it one day and I felt great that day, joy, emptions, had fun. I then took it the next day and felt horrible. Cold turkey and happy, not for me"

Steve no like Wellbutrin July 31, 2015

For Depression "For ME it was awful. I was on this pill for 7 days. I went to the doctor today because my heart was beating so fast on these pills and I was paranoid, anxious, shaking, and very very Bit**y. I thought I was having a heart attack at work I was crying, it was awful. I went to the doctor and I couldn't get words out. My pulse was 115 and blood pressure was high (never ever is) it just shot up. The doctor said I was having a panic attack and that it is due to the medication. She took me off it and for the next 5 days I am on LORAZEPAM 0.5MG (sedative to calm me down - take it at night) and switching me back to sertaline. This was the worst experience of my life. I thought I was going to end up in the ER or dead."

Monica1979 July 28, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Worked really well for a time.... then life events happened. I might try something else. Everyone is a little different."

Katherys88 July 18, 2015

"I absolutely love this medication. I have been taking it for a week and I am not sad, agitated or unfocused. It does cause me to experience some stomach upset but that is offset by the burst of energy I have been experiencing. I love it."

LovelyM July 8, 2015

For Depression "I've been on Wellbutrin for 2 weeks and I don't really feel any better. I notice weight gain and more irritability than usual. I've read that I must be patient and continue taking it and I should see improvement after about a month. I took this years ago and it was the reason I was able to quit smoking. My wife called it the happy pill because she saw a big difference in my mood. So far it's not having the same affect it did 15 yrs ago. I do like that I am not having any other side affects. My sex drive is still good and I think my anxiety has improved somewhat. I'm on 100 mg a day and I take it first thing in the morning."

Coasty July 6, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Wasn't for me. It caused irritability and anxiety with no help with depression symptoms. I was on 150mg 2x/d."

be2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2015

For Depression "I've been on Wellbutrin sr 150 mg for depression and anxiety. I was very hesitant to try another medication after negative experiences with other meds. I knew however that I needed more help than therapy alone, so I decided to give wb a try. Initially, I had some insomnia, nausea, headaches, and severe light sensitivity. However, these effects passed and were mild compared to how much better I felt. Within 4wks i had more energy, felt less anxious, and the depression started to lift. I felt focused, peaceful, and content. All was well until about two months ago when some anxiety resurfaced (exams). Doctor tried to increase dosage, but the side effects were terrible. So i remain on 150 mg, but still feel much better then my pre-wb days."

It'll get better (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2015

For Depression "I started at 100mg and the first few weeks I felt really amazing for the first time in my life. After the fourth week or so, I switched to the 150mg because I had found that the initial euphoria had worn off and I thought that it had lost its efficacy. The higher dose was too strong for me so I switched back and have been on the 100mg since. I do not have the same dark cycles that I used to, and though I still feel depressed at times, it is not nearly as often as before, and the episodes are manageable. I am not feeling chronic hopelessness nor paranoid or defensive. It does not feel like I am 'medicated' while on this. I am not experiencing many side effects (just more intense dreams, and some minor constipation)."

yesteryear (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

For Depression "I've been on Wellbutrin 150mg 2x daily for a month now and the only thing that I've noticed is I'm extreme exhaustion about an hour after I take it. It's quite disheartening after reading so many positive reviews about this drug. My doctor recommended giving it more time to take effect but I'm losing hope."

gigglesquirt (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I got to a point where I was in bed 20 hrs a day, couldn't work etc. Severely depressed .I've battled that all my life but never got on an anti depressant . Wellbutrin along with lexapro 20 MG changed my life. Mainly the wellbutrin as I truly changed when that was added. I'm on 300mg SR. AT first you'll feel jumpy and anxious but give it 3-4 days, week tops, and it'll be incredible I have a new job, I'm traveling. New person."

depressedandstressed (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 9, 2015

For Depression "I've been on the generic version of Wellbutrin SR 100mg once a day a little over a week. Added to supplement my 20mg Prozac twice a day, and .5 Klonopin twice a day. I've been on the Prozac and Klonopin over a year and it began to be not as effective. I began to feel very depressed along with my anxiety also I've gained about 20lbs so my psychatrist prescribed 100mg Wellbutrin SR once a day in morn to help. So far I've noticed I'm extremely tired about 1 hour after taking, so tired even my strongest cup of coffee can't keep me awake. I know Prozac and Klonopin can have this as a side effect but my body is well adjusted to that now, those side effects are long gone.I've noticed better focus and reduced appetite, so now I will just wait."

D-0881 (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Wellbutrin XL for a few years and recently was switched to Wellbutrin SR. I felt an immediate difference. I was dizzy the first day but the 2nd day I was alert and calm. I've lost 10 pounds in the few weeks I've been on it which is good going from 150-140."

KAEST (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2015

For Depression "Major change in my mood and energy. I enjoy to do things I used to do. Wellbutrin has changed my life."

Rosie124 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I started this medication at a time when I did not have any health insurance and had to pay around $40/month for it. One of the very first things I noticed when taking this medication was that I started smoking fewer cigarettes, it made the cigarettes taste the way they should, horrible. I never had any other side effects from the medication. When I switched to another medication, it became very apparent that I was not doing as well as I had been while on the Wellbutrin SR, so I switched back after a few months and a couple different meds. This is definitely my favorite; I'd been on several different medications for my MDD and always had terrible side effects. Not with this!"

StephanieAlice (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2014

For Depression "Extreme dry mouth. Could not leave home without bottle of water. Extreme dry stools to the point that I was taking a stool softener every day to avoid unnecessary straining. "

jay-bee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 20, 2014

For Depression "I've been taking this medication for depression. I've been on it for about a year now. When I first started taking it I smoked about a pack a day. Over time this reduced my cravings for nicotine and helped me quit smoking. It took time and effort but it worked. Also when I started this medicine I weighed 207 lbs which was my highest weight. Wellbutrin caused weight loss for me and I now weigh 165. This medicine improves my overall mood and I am not as depressed as I was a year ago. I've also experienced hair shedding, which has become more and more of a problem. Sometimes it comes out in handfuls. I gave this medicine a 9 because mostly my side effects were positive. I don't know where I'd be without Wellbutrin."

Nobody1100 November 16, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I was skeptical about bupropion. I started this at 150mg. I am BiPolar- and must say that it has been a God send. I read up on it and how it can give you energy plus can also help with concentration, I scoffed in a way. No longer do I scoff. I am so grateful that I take this, it does not effect any SSRI's as it's differently made up. I am on Zoloft and bupropion, these do not cause me a problem. It is possible to take these with BIPolar, yes, there is research regarding anti depressants and BiPolar, but for me it has given me back my life- I do have energy to leave the house, I can concentrate, my memory is better, but I now have a life- a social life. I go out. So please don't be scared off, by antidepressants and BiPolar- ask the question."

Koalamaiden - NSW (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have major depression and post traumatic stress disorder. This medication helps motivate me and it gives a slight boost for my moods I tend to smile more now but still get depressed now and then. It has very little side effects best thing is no sexual side effects! It also helps my anxiety but still have a hard time concentrating which my doc says helps but for me it doesn't it's just a mood stabilizer to me. I give it a 7 out of 10 because it only helps me slightly. I take 150mg twice a day."

Chrisphan (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2014

For Depression "I was taking this for depression for about 3 years and it was a miracle for me. I stopped taking it when I lost my insurance for about a year. The result was a weight gain of 20 lbs and severe depression (again) I've been taking now about a year and the result is that I'm happy again. I lost 30 lbs and experience an increased libido. I've never taken any other anti-depressant besides Wellbutrin SR."

tahoegrl (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I am bi-polar and have been on Lamictal for 5 years but I was still having issues with depression so my doctor suggested Wellbutrin SR. The first 3 weeks I was on it I wasn't impressed and thought about discontinuing it. I was spacey and had horrible headaches. But I'm so glad I gave it a chance. Started to feel less depressed after a month of taking it and I'm in my 4th month and I still have my moments but overall my outlook on life is much more positive. I also hoped it would help me quit smoking and lose weight. Only the later happened but still quitting smoking is pretty awesome. I've tried so many things to quit and nothing helped until this. I'm still not at 100% but still a big improvement. I totally recommend this."

isssarose (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2014

For Depression "I have been on bupropion for a month. I have lost the sadness, obsessive dark thoughts and have more energy and less aches and pains. I felt a little weird taking it a first( mild headache, taste in my mouth) but those have gone. This is great stuff and feel hopeful and focused. I am not snappy and withdrawn from my spouse."

rouxball (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2014

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Wonderful for me! I have increased energy, able to work and generally FEEL better. Downside-occasional insomnia. Drink lots of water, you will feel very thirsty. I highly recommend this antidepressant."

qlwaysmandi (taken for 10 years or more) June 13, 2014

For Depression "I am a mother of 2 small children and I began this medication about 2 months ago after being on Celexa (which made me feel tired a lot and hungry all the time - I gained like 20 lbs on it). The first thing I noticed with Wellbutrin was a decreased appetite. Then I started to feel more alert - the same kind of alertness you would feel when taking Adderall. A few weeks into it, my mood was totally different. I was happy, calm, energetic - all the things that I wanted for so long, but never thought I could achieve, as I was very depressed. I was walking in a parking lot the other day and I thought to myself "wow. isn't life great?" - Wellbutrin is an AMAZING medication."

Crissy123 May 12, 2014

162 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I took Wellbutrin SR 150, twice a day for about a year along with Zoloft 50 once a day to get myself better after falling into a deep depressive episode. My psychiatrist also recommended the Wellbutrin for helping to stop tobacco products and said that it would help with the depressive episodes. Overall, I really liked this medication for my condition as it had few side effects for me and with the Zoloft (not sure which to give credit to really) my appetite increased and I was able to eat healthier and gain back some of the weight which was lost due to my depression as a whole. After doing more research I did find that Wellbutrin is contraindicated for people with history of epilepsy or seizures in general."

Benzene7 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2014

For Depression "I started Wellbutrin SR just last week. I feel 90% better already. Previously I was taking Zoloft and after a year and a half I felt sluggish, tired, hopeless, and just plain blah. I now don't have constant worrying, it helps withy OCD, and the things that bothered me before have just become basically no big deal to me. I happier, I focus much better? And my spirits are brighter than they have been in months!!!"

Pinkin (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next