User Reviews for Nicotine

Also known as: Commit, Habitrol, Leader Nicotine Polacrilex, Nicoderm CQ, Nicorelief, Nicorette, Nicorette DS, Nicotrol Inhaler, Nicotrol NS, Nicotrol TD, ProStep

Learn more about Nicotine.

Smoking Cessation 81 reviews 19 medications

8.7
Summary of Nicotine reviews 81 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Nicotine

Leader Nicotine Polacrilex (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I started polacrilex gum at 2mg strength to try to quit. Bought it from the supermarket. I used two pieces in one day. The suggestion to "use at least 9 pieces per day" on the instructions seemed a bit excessive for a casual smoker like myself. I experienced a sore throat by the end of my workday at 5, and by night it was worse. It has been bothering me for two days. I think the medicine (or something else in it) just really irritated my throat, but if it persists, I'm going to see a doctor. Probably wouldn't happen to everyone, but perhaps something to consider before buying!"

Ouchhhhhhhh January 31, 2016

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "This medication, when used properly, is a life-saver when you are trying to quit smoking! I say "when used properly" because I did not use it properly at first. In addition to Step 1 patch I would also smoke a pack a day - NOT how you want to quit! Once I put down the cigarettes, this patch works! I used the 21mg patches for a week, then went down to Step 2 (14mg) bc the 1st step caused itching, redness and swelling on my arm. It has now been 2 and 1/2 weeks and I haven't smoked at all! From 20 years of a pack a day to nothing is truly amazing. I am hoping to be free me from the bondage of smoking Good luck on your journey to quit! It is worth it;YOU are worth it!"

BananaRose January 19, 2016

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "The only thing I've tried that works. These patches are GREAT! I have no sensations at all. If you're a heavy smoker and really want to stop smoking, I recommend you use these. I will NEVER smoke again because of these patches. I also use the Nicotine Gum."

Antwan87 January 1, 2016

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Love the product. The only problem is it does not stick if I put it on a area that flexes a lot, like my side or upper arm. Sticks fine to shoulder blades no falling off and the itching subsides after about 20-30 mins."

Devale December 15, 2015

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I have smoked for 32 years and I've tried everything to stop. I have now gone on to the Inhaler. Omg I can't believe it works..... When I feel the need to smoke I grab it and the urge goes straight away"

Little miss moss December 11, 2015

Habitrol (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I quit cold turkey for 6 years and then had a slip, I went on Habitrol and it made quitting amazingly easy by comparison. I had another slip and went on Nicoderm, the itching sensation literally drove me mad and I ripped it off and through it in the garbage. Habitrol had some very mild itching as well but it was easily manageable and dissipated shortly. My mom was told she was having an "allergic reaction" to Nicoderm because the itching was very severe and I've known a handful of people personally who experienced the exact same thing, a maddening itch, sometimes even an actual rash from Nicoderm patches. Habitrol was way better for me and I would without a second thought-recommend it over Nicoderm."

ReligiosityIsNotSane (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "100% effective with zero physical withdrawal, but some desires! I was a 2-3 pack a day smoker for 25 years! I had tried everything,but nothing worked for me, this was a last resort that I thank god I tried! This isn't magic, you will have the want to smoke feeling but nothing physical bc you are getting nicotine! They do not stick well at all, so save yourself some trouble by purchasing white "paper" tape in any first aid section of any store/pharmacy! Secure it to the patch as soon as you apply the patch and you will be great all day! I also recommend getting some mints! Whenever I decided I would like a butt, I popped a mint in! On week 5 now, with an easy transition to step 2! You have nothing to loose! My coughing has stopped 100%! Xo"

BUY IT NOW 100% WORKED (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "The patch will not stick to my skin! I shave and clean the area before I put the patch on and I hold it for 15 seconds instead of 10 seconds as it tells you to do on the package! I am very unhappy with the Nico derm cq clear patch. I guess I have a better luck quitting cold turkey than to have to waste my patches when they do not stick!!!!!!!!!"

lilmissmama3030 September 29, 2015

For Smoking Cessation: "I'm on my 10th day now yes they don't stick but if you get a bandaid type tape it will stick. It's not expensive - I haven't had a hit or a cigarette. And I've never felt better."

Arie90bby September 25, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "These patches are a joke don't even know if they work they won't stay on I shaved the spots I put them on washed area and even used alcohol wipes to clean area dried area applied as soon as I get to working they fall right off"

kevin reynolds (my real name) August 13, 2015

Commit (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Tried everything this is the only thing that worked"

Anonymous August 7, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "On day 6 now and didn't smoke but was a can a day dipper for over 20 years. Don't worry hat people are t a loving about it falls off, I'm in construction in the heat in Florida all day and it sticks. I know it helps, weird dream thing going on yes, get a taste of nicotine all day, and the initial itch, yep got that too. But what I haven't had is a dip of copenhagen.. thanks nicoderm."

Bcurl (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2015

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "helped me quit smooking...severely addicted to the gum...lost sex drive and massive erection problems...since i stopped the nicoret things are getting better !!! Took 110 gums per week for 10 years....big mistake....Hope to get back to normal soon !!!!"

Nico finitos July 11, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I'm a young male 26 years old. Was a casual smoker for 7 years. Started very young at 16. Became a pack a day smoker for 3 years. So more than 10 years of smoking. Other reviewers are spot on about insane irritation/itching when patch is first applied to skin. This lasts for the first 20 minutes. Do not let this deter you , try not to think about it. I'm on the 21mg patch. This is recommended for smokers who smoke at least a pack a day or more. I can honestly say you really have to be determined to stop smoking altogether. Side note. Was a very heavy cannabis smoker as well, and remarkably the patch has also gotten rid of all cravings for cannabis as well. If you're serious about kicking this filthy habit this patch works wonders ."

Esco (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2015

Nicotrol Inhaler (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "A 1-pack smoker for 50 years. Legal professional (not an atty). Lung cancer operation coming up on 7/8/15. Pretty healthy otherwise - Stage 1A or 2A. Nicotrol prescribed by my Providence primary. Both my Providence pulmonologist and 30-year cardiocthoracic surgeon are fine with my taking Nicotrol even going into a lung operation where the lower half of my right lung will be removed in robotic surgery as nicotine itself is not a carcinogen. Upon my diagnosis I stopped inhaling cigarettes and switched to only 1, yes 1, Nicotrol cartridge per day. More and I would be dizzy, etc. No crankiness or cravings, not even right after a meal. Nicotine intake can be controlled with this product. Highly recommend."

Lung Cancer Patient June 26, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "Only complaint I have is that is falls off constantly. I always put on medical tape with it and it still falls off. Still working for me but its honestly irritating when it falls off all the time. I would have expected something that suppose to stick on not to peel off all the time. Would be better if it just stuck on the whole day!"

katie1357 June 22, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "All I can say is wowlike I put the patch on and it worked and it worked immediately the first patch 21mg I promise you I didn't smoke not one cigarette it only been a day but I know it's working because people have smoked cigarette s in front of me and I didn't even care for it... thank you cause every time I lite a cigarette my son would say word for word what they commercials say about smoking I really wanted to stop and this patch really helped"

Fuchsia June 10, 2015

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "After two years of going off and on the nicotine patch I attempted cold turkey. 6 hours into my cold turney attempt my husband informed me he was going to mow the lawn, my completely uncalled for hyper emotional response was to burst into tears...needless to say, I didn't respond well to the cold turkey attempt. After complexity giving up the idea of quitting, my sister informed me that she was succeeding using nicotine gum, so I gave it a try-two weeks after starting I am smoke free and have zero doubt that I will succeed! The gum takes a few days to get used to. Make sure and read the directions and follow them to a T. You're not supposed to " chew" this gum like regular gum. If you do, it will make you nauseous and burn your throat."

Dontbringmehometomom May 15, 2015

Habitrol (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I received Habitrol 21mg free from NYQUITS. Started it on Feb. 1st. for 14 days. Worked GREAT for me. I then purchased Nicoderm after that and got such SEVERE rashes on my arms that I had to go to my doctor to get medications. He said it was probably the glue from the patch. Now back on Habitrol. This stuff is the BEST."

jjjf February 26, 2015

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "So far after 11 days I am doing well. Started with patch and gum . Patch 21mg and 4mg patch after a week both were just to strong stomach upset did not feel well. Stopped the patch and use gum as needed to curtail desire to smoke I will Win this time I have to quit"

Billmo02 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I have no idea why I started smoking again after my son was born. But, alas, I did and here we go again! I tried the gum (nasty!) e-cigs (still felt like I was smoking, and even Chantix (super crazy dreams and still massive withdrawal symptoms). I decided to give the patch a try. LOVE THEM! I got the off brand of NicoDerm CA and have had an amazing experience! Yes, it is a bit itchy when you first put it on, but that goes away after a little bit. I'd rather deal with light itching than a massive cravings strike! I have NO interest to go out and smoke and have so much more time to do everything else! I do have a weird dream now and then, but NOTHING like with Chantix. I am 110% confident I am done For good!"

Smoke free Mama (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I have been smoking for the last 23 years, with Nicoderm CQ Patches I quit smoking. It took 5 weeks for me to quit. I thank Nicoderm CQ. Must try. It works."

Daljitam (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "After being smoke free for almost 16 years, I started to smoke again. Six years went by and I was miserable most of the time being a smoker again. I have been using the patch for four days now, and it is working. I am really amazed, no cravings or major urges. If I get the urge it just lasts for a couple of minutes then I am good again. I smoked about 14 cigs a day and decided to start with Step 2. I will probably do Step 2 for about 4 weeks, then go to Step 3. I do not sleep with patch, but take it off right before I am ready to go to sleep, then just reapply in am. Takes about 10 minutes to start working. It feels a little funny at first, like burning or itching, then that goes away. Other than that I have had no other side affects."

skinnypoo (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2015

Nicoderm CQ (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I smoked for over 12 years and about 12-15 cigarettes a day and have attempted to stop many times. The only time I had truly stopped in the past was 7 years ago when I found out I was pregnant. After having the baby I picked up right where I left off and began smoking again. I finally decided that I wanted to quit and I have tried many avenues to include; cold turkey and Chantax and all didn't work. I finally picked up the box and read the instructions and so far today it has been three weeks and I have not once craved a cigarette. Many of my friends and coworkers smoke and I am around this daily. I thought that me seeing them smoke or being around them while they smoke would get me to crave one but no. Very satisfied, thank you!!"

StephJ7 February 7, 2015

Nicorette (nicotine) for Smoking Cessation: "I smoked 1-1/2 packs of Cigarettes daily for 25+ years. I tried the patches, cold turkey, couldn't quit for long. I started using Nicorette gum 3-years ago and have been smoke free. I am still chewing the gum. 4-mg's multiple times daily. I told my Dr. I was still chewing the gum and was worried about the health effects. She told me studies have been done finding that nicotine in and of itself does not seem to cause significant harm. (I know, that seems strange to me too) Despite these findings she told me not to worry about the gum because smoking cigarettes with all the extra poisons in it is far worse for ones health. Especially in my case because I know I'd go back to smoking without the gum"

julvanv (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2015