User Reviews for Aplenzin

Learn more about Aplenzin.

Depression 7 reviews 75 medications

6.9
Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Aplenzin reviews 7 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Aplenzin

Review by MDDSurvivor:

For Depression: I'd been on Wellbutrin/Wellbutrin SR for over 15 years and it worked great until about a year ago when I started feeling I'd built up a tolerance to it. Seeing that Aplenzin was basically the same, but in hydrobromide form instead of hydrochloride, I figured it would "trick" my body into reacting to it as a new medicine without losing the benefits. With the blessing of my psych doc, I switched and it appears to have worked. I'd give 10 stars, except for the high cost.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2013 9:15 PM

Review by Sandy79:

For Depression: Aplenzin unfortunately did not work for me. I have panic disorder which then sent me into a horrible state of depression. My psychiatrist first prescribed me Wellbutrin SR which I was taking twice a day. After about 3 months I started having moments where I was actually happy to be alive. At my next appointment, my psychiatrist asked if I would be intereseted in trying Aplenzin because it only needs to be taken once a day. I started off on 348 mg for three months. This was not working so he switched me to 522 mg. Two months later it is still not working. I spoke to my pharmacist who told me that I have been patient enough and if it is going to work it would have done so by now.

March 30, 2010 12:58 PM

Review by syrk:

For Obesity: It helped me curb my urges to eat.

February 10, 2010 5:28 PM

Review by Not Crazy:

For Depression: Celexa and Zoloft made me feel detached from life so I wanted to try Aplenzin. At first I thought it was the wonder drug. I felt ALIVE, full of hope and energy. I cared about my future and could get things done. I was so happy, possibly euphoric. I stood up for myself and felt in control. I thought I had found the answer. That was on the low, intro. dose (174?). Then I went up to middle, recommended dose (348?). All that good stuff disappeared. Can't sleep, feel like I'm on the verge of panic attacks. Found myself watching the colors on TV and the colors owned me. Never had this experience before. Mood swings and deeper depression now. Want that good feeling back. Have call in to doctor about going back to lower dose.

February 1, 2010 10:10 AM

Review by dmrcoast:

For Depression: This was not for me. I took this with Lexapro and my depression worsened and also I experienced severe mood swings. Became very angry and easy to fly off the handle. Thoughts of suicide as were more frequent. I stopped taking it after 5 weeks and noticed an almost immediate improvement in my behavior and how I felt.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 12, 2009 2:34 PM

For Depression: I switched from Wellbutrin to Aplenzin 3 months ago. I had a good sex life before on Wellbutrin. I switched my medication instead of increasing the dose of Wellbutrin. Now that I am on Aplenzin I feel numb. I had this same feeling when on Zoloft.

October 28, 2009 1:41 PM

Review by UNEEK1:

For Depression: I was on Wellbutrin HCL SR 200mg for 10mos and I noticed a significant improvement with my depression. However, I started to crave cocaine because my Dopamine levels are low. My Doctor switched me to Aplenzin 348mg ER. I have been on it for 2 weeks now and I have noticed a great improvement with my concentration, ability to get projects completed and not focusing on cocaine cravings. It has helped with my emotional eating too. I actually feel like I am a normal 40 yr old married mother of 2 boys. I feel like cleaning my house instead of sitting on the couch in front of the T.V. all day. The only minimal side effect I have is increased sweating. I am hoping that this will subside after a few months of taking this medication.

September 23, 2009 10:26 AM

Review by That Girl:

For Depression: I have bipolar disorder/panic attacks/anxiety/major depression - needless to say there's a lot on my plate. However, for my depression Aplenzin has been working very well. I don't get so frustrated over the extremely simple things like not finding a sock (as a personal example). Overall I think Aplenzin is good. APLENZIN gives me energy and helps my personal outlook. I take 522mg a day. I'm pleased with this medication, I do though take into consideration that I've only been on it for about a week so I am on alert for any changes. Aplenzin works great for my depression so far.

May 2, 2009 2:11 PM