User Reviews for Nicoderm CQ

Learn more about Nicoderm CQ.

Smoking Cessation 9 reviews 19 medications

9.1
Summary of Nicoderm CQ reviews 9 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Nicoderm CQ

Review by very itchy:

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for 32 years and tried different times and products to help me stop but always failed. My doctor and I agreed for me to try the Nicoderm CQ patch and it's really helping me. I have no urges to smoke and am now on Day 8. The only thing I found out is that I have red swollen itchy skin where the patches were worn. Need to talk to the doctor but office is closed on the weekends. I'm thinking I could be allergic to them but don't want to stop them because they are working for me

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2014 10:41 PM

Review by It's Me55:

For Smoking Cessation: I used to smoke for more than (20 ) years. My daughter showed me a book that had pictures of a smokers lungs. See than asked, Daddy do you want your lungs to look like this? This made me realize what is important to me. Immediately the following day, I went to the store asked for a garbage can, and I threw my last pack away. Bought me a two week supply of NicodermCQ and that was the last time I have smoked a cigarette. Which was 6 years ago. Thank for the extra assistance with working towards a better way of life.

March 4, 2013 5:23 PM

For Smoking Cessation: I have one week left on Step 3. I'm positive I wouldn't have been able to stop without the aid of Nicoderm CQ. I consider myself a non-smoker. Some of the withdrawls that I've experienced have been well worth the effort to be able to breath easier and knowing that I'll be around longer to watch my children grow older.

December 13, 2009 9:33 AM

I have smoked since I was 14 years old and am now 73. Wasn't much at first, but as the years went by it got a lot worse. In fact I would have to say at least two packs a day. I always wanted to quit, but never thought I could do it after smoking so long and so much. Then on 5-31-09 I was taken to the emergency room because I couldn't catch my breath. I stayed there for 4 days. They put the "patch" on me in there and sent me home with an oxygen tank. Now I know I have to quit. I now have COPD. Anyway I made up my mind right then and there I was going to stay on the Nicoderm patch. I'm now on my "step #3" 7mg's and I only have 4 patches left.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 12, 2009 2:42 PM

Review by warp155:

For Smoking Cessation: Just finished my 10 weeks on the Nicoderm CQ program and am proud to say I have not slipped up once. I have to admit that it was one of the hardest things I have done but it was all worth it. Everything tastes and smells so much better that in itself is worth quitting for. I smoked and used smokeless tobacco for about 13 years. If I can do it anyone can.

June 18, 2009 10:43 PM

Review by Trinitario:

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for a long time and tried quitting so many times but really did not have much luck on my own. I could tell some tales about trying to quit. My husband bought the patch for me to try and I was really impressed by the fact that I really did not feel the need to smoke a cigarette. That went on for about 17days. I then noticed that my eyes were very red all day so much so that I could see the small vessels in my eyes distended. Then one evening where I put the patch on my upper thigh (was running out of available spots) began itching more than usual. When the patch was removed the spot was swollen and very red and it stung and was painful. My doctor has stopped me from any further use and diagnosed that I may be allergic to the adhesive.

February 25, 2009 3:55 PM

For Smoking Cessation: I am using the patch and so far it has really helped me with not smoking. There's day's I really want to smoke and I might smoke one but smoking just one helps me get through another 2 weeks without a smoke. I think this product has really helped me.

February 18, 2009 5:46 PM

Review by ThisTimeForSure:

For Smoking Cessation: I have smoked for 36 years and am a 49 year old man. My first attempt with the patch worked well for the first 2 weeks, but then I went back to smoking. This time, I have also joined the YMCA and feel the exercise (sweating it out) is helping much more. I have also noticed some blurred vision and waking with a terribly dry mouth in the middle of the night. So far, I really don't have any craving for a cigarette. When I do, I chew some gum or change my habitual patterns. Great product I feel.

January 28, 2009 1:17 PM

For Smoking Cessation: I tried to quit smoking several times but it never worked. The withdrawal symptoms were just too much to deal with. I decided to try Nicoderm. It's already been a week since I smoked my last cigarette. Nicoderm has made it possible for me to live without smoking. The cravings were much less frequent and the side effects of nicotine withdrawal were not as important. I signed up in a gym 2 months before I quit. I lift weights and do cardio 5 days a week, 1 hour per day. Exercise helped to quit by reducing my stress. It also prevents you from gaining unwanted pounds.

October 8, 2008 9:43 PM

For Smoking Cessation: Awesome medication. I used to smoke 2 1/2 packs a day and quit perfectly without any slips. Great patch.

September 9, 2008 1:01 PM