Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Nicoderm CQ

Learn more about Nicoderm CQ.

Smoking Cessation 15 reviews 19 medications

8.7
Summary of Nicoderm CQ reviews 15 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Nicoderm CQ

Review by Smoke free Mama (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I have no idea why I started smoking again after my son was born. But, alas, I did and here we go again! I tried the gum (nasty!) e-cigs (still felt like I was smoking, and even Chantix (super crazy dreams and still massive withdrawal symptoms). I decided to give the patch a try. LOVE THEM! I got the off brand of NicoDerm CA and have had an amazing experience! Yes, it is a bit itchy when you first put it on, but that goes away after a little bit. I'd rather deal with light itching than a massive cravings strike! I have NO interest to go out and smoke and have so much more time to do everything else! I do have a weird dream now and then, but NOTHING like with Chantix. I am 110% confident I am done For good!

February 23, 2015 10:49 AM

Review by Daljitam (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I have been smoking for the last 23 years, with Nicoderm CQ Patches I quit smoking. It took 5 weeks for me to quit. I thank Nicoderm CQ. Must try. It works.

February 20, 2015 8:43 AM

Review by skinnypoo (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: After being smoke free for almost 16 years, I started to smoke again. Six years went by and I was miserable most of the time being a smoker again. I have been using the patch for four days now, and it is working. I am really amazed, no cravings or major urges. If I get the urge it just lasts for a couple of minutes then I am good again. I smoked about 14 cigs a day and decided to start with Step 2. I will probably do Step 2 for about 4 weeks, then go to Step 3. I do not sleep with patch, but take it off right before I am ready to go to sleep, then just reapply in am. Takes about 10 minutes to start working. It feels a little funny at first, like burning or itching, then that goes away. Other than that I have had no other side affects.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2015 9:55 AM

Review by StephJ7:

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for over 12 years and about 12-15 cigarettes a day and have attempted to stop many times. The only time I had truly stopped in the past was 7 years ago when I found out I was pregnant. After having the baby I picked up right where I left off and began smoking again. I finally decided that I wanted to quit and I have tried many avenues to include; cold turkey and Chantax and all didn't work. I finally picked up the box and read the instructions and so far today it has been three weeks and I have not once craved a cigarette. Many of my friends and coworkers smoke and I am around this daily. I thought that me seeing them smoke or being around them while they smoke would get me to crave one but no. Very satisfied, thank you!!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 9:35 PM

Review by Sujay (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: Patches are really useful. I had tried quitting several times but it never worked. There wasn't a single day without smoke in my last 8 years. But it has been 4 days since I'm on the patches now and I haven't even had a single cigarette. I'm sure I'll not smoke again. But I experienced a side effect, it causes joint pains, my left elbow starts paining if I put it on my left arm and same goes with right. But it's a very less price to pay to quit.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2015 7:10 AM

Review by williamse:

For Smoking Cessation: I have tried the patch several times. However my problem with the patch is that when I perspire at work the patch no longer stay stuck to my skin and falls off.

December 21, 2014 4:57 PM

Review by very itchy:

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for 32 years and tried different times and products to help me stop but always failed. My doctor and I agreed for me to try the Nicoderm CQ patch and it's really helping me. I have no urges to smoke and am now on Day 8. The only thing I found out is that I have red swollen itchy skin where the patches were worn. Need to talk to the doctor but office is closed on the weekends. I'm thinking I could be allergic to them but don't want to stop them because they are working for me

February 8, 2014 10:41 PM

Review by It's Me55:

For Smoking Cessation: I used to smoke for more than (20 ) years. My daughter showed me a book that had pictures of a smokers lungs. See than asked, Daddy do you want your lungs to look like this? This made me realize what is important to me. Immediately the following day, I went to the store asked for a garbage can, and I threw my last pack away. Bought me a two week supply of NicodermCQ and that was the last time I have smoked a cigarette. Which was 6 years ago. Thank for the extra assistance with working towards a better way of life.

March 4, 2013 5:23 PM

For Smoking Cessation: I have one week left on Step 3. I'm positive I wouldn't have been able to stop without the aid of Nicoderm CQ. I consider myself a non-smoker. Some of the withdrawls that I've experienced have been well worth the effort to be able to breath easier and knowing that I'll be around longer to watch my children grow older.

December 13, 2009 9:33 AM

I have smoked since I was 14 years old and am now 73. Wasn't much at first, but as the years went by it got a lot worse. In fact I would have to say at least two packs a day. I always wanted to quit, but never thought I could do it after smoking so long and so much. Then on 5-31-09 I was taken to the emergency room because I couldn't catch my breath. I stayed there for 4 days. They put the "patch" on me in there and sent me home with an oxygen tank. Now I know I have to quit. I now have COPD. Anyway I made up my mind right then and there I was going to stay on the Nicoderm patch. I'm now on my "step #3" 7mg's and I only have 4 patches left.

July 12, 2009 2:42 PM

Review by warp155:

For Smoking Cessation: Just finished my 10 weeks on the Nicoderm CQ program and am proud to say I have not slipped up once. I have to admit that it was one of the hardest things I have done but it was all worth it. Everything tastes and smells so much better that in itself is worth quitting for. I smoked and used smokeless tobacco for about 13 years. If I can do it anyone can.

June 18, 2009 10:43 PM

Review by Trinitario:

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for a long time and tried quitting so many times but really did not have much luck on my own. I could tell some tales about trying to quit. My husband bought the patch for me to try and I was really impressed by the fact that I really did not feel the need to smoke a cigarette. That went on for about 17days. I then noticed that my eyes were very red all day so much so that I could see the small vessels in my eyes distended. Then one evening where I put the patch on my upper thigh (was running out of available spots) began itching more than usual. When the patch was removed the spot was swollen and very red and it stung and was painful. My doctor has stopped me from any further use and diagnosed that I may be allergic to the adhesive.

February 25, 2009 3:55 PM

For Smoking Cessation: I am using the patch and so far it has really helped me with not smoking. There's day's I really want to smoke and I might smoke one but smoking just one helps me get through another 2 weeks without a smoke. I think this product has really helped me.

February 18, 2009 5:46 PM

Review by ThisTimeForSure:

For Smoking Cessation: I have smoked for 36 years and am a 49 year old man. My first attempt with the patch worked well for the first 2 weeks, but then I went back to smoking. This time, I have also joined the YMCA and feel the exercise (sweating it out) is helping much more. I have also noticed some blurred vision and waking with a terribly dry mouth in the middle of the night. So far, I really don't have any craving for a cigarette. When I do, I chew some gum or change my habitual patterns. Great product I feel.

January 28, 2009 1:17 PM

For Smoking Cessation: I tried to quit smoking several times but it never worked. The withdrawal symptoms were just too much to deal with. I decided to try Nicoderm. It's already been a week since I smoked my last cigarette. Nicoderm has made it possible for me to live without smoking. The cravings were much less frequent and the side effects of nicotine withdrawal were not as important. I signed up in a gym 2 months before I quit. I lift weights and do cardio 5 days a week, 1 hour per day. Exercise helped to quit by reducing my stress. It also prevents you from gaining unwanted pounds.

October 8, 2008 9:43 PM

For Smoking Cessation: Awesome medication. I used to smoke 2 1/2 packs a day and quit perfectly without any slips. Great patch.

September 9, 2008 1:01 PM