User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 562 reviews 19 medications

8.7
Summary of Chantix reviews 562 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Chantix

Review by TeeTee Marie:

For Smoking Cessation: 17 year almost 2 pack a day 32yr old smoker...miracle pill I quit on the 4th day!! No urge to smoke ever again. Be prepared to sleep alot!No vivid dreams for me.Thank You Chantix

January 28, 2014 11:56 PM

Review by abeautifulLiar (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: While I'm finding it to be quite effective, since I started taking the medication I've had frequent bouts of severe stomach pain and cramping. The pain is so sharp at times that I begin to sweat and can feel my heart racing.

January 25, 2014 1:30 PM

Review by Zzzmac (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I tried smoking a cigarette at age 12. A couple puffs and it felt like a caustic blue irritating gas. After receiving my draft card in 1968 I joined the military. In boot camp just about everyone smoked their special brand. So it was cool to smoke. Of course a pack back then was 25 cents pack not 10 dollars today. With age & time the desire to smoke increased. A pack a day and shortness of breath got my attention. So at 63 I started on Chantix and Prozac. Five months later and the desire is gone! Thanks Chantix.

January 16, 2014 3:10 AM

Review by 486 Grady:

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked about 3 packs a day, went down to 2 packs. I started taking Chantix it took me about a month and I stopped. I really have recommend this product to a lot of people, it really helped me so very much. I am post 1 year and 3 months and I feel so much better no pains in my chest,legs,arms just no pain at all.

January 9, 2014 1:52 PM

Review by D1andonlyme (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: I wasn't gonna write a review as yet but I needed to. This is my 9th day on Chantix for the first week of taking it. I smoked to the second day on the third day it was Ewk for me the smell the taste everything . I'm a 8yr smoker 32 yr old female never thought I would quit smoking this is a miracle pill. The side effects I hate is my sleep messing up I was ok wen I was on the 0.5 mg but once I hit the 1 mg it's a total wreck. I wake up I'm the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep. I work in the morning think I'm going to cut the pill in half and see what happens over all. I'm ecstatic, I'm 6days smoke free and I will never ever look back to cigarettes. They make me sick to my stomach thanks to you Chantix.

January 9, 2014 7:46 AM

Review by AntN (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: It's been 5 years since Chantix killed my multiple decade, hard core, 2.5 pack a day, tobacco smoking addiction. Given the very vocal community against the medicine. I think it's important that those of us who's lives have been saved by it speak up also. Chantix gave me some weird but not unpleasant dreams and made me moody. However, cold turkey withdrawal, makes those side effects seem laughable as cold turkey attempts would make me close to completely irrational. Chantix is a miracle, don't miss out on it. As a final note, I do have to say, while Chantix does the heavy lifting, you still have to be committed to quitting. TO THIS DAY, when I see someone smoke, I still have pangs of longing, however I also have a healthy terror of smoking.

January 8, 2014 9:29 AM

Review by annemarue (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: Started Chantix on April 9 2013. ON April 23 2013 I quit. 8 months. smoke free

January 8, 2014 8:51 AM

Review by Chuck A:

For Smoking Cessation: I started taking Chantix on Oct 6, 2013. On Oct, 13 2013 I had my last smoke. I did not even a have a craving for one. I had the occasional dreams nothing bad just multiple ones per night. I went three weeks with taking 1mg in the am and 1mg in the pm. Than I went to just 1mg in the morning. No more dreams. Also if you don't eat enough you will get a upset tummy. I ordered another starter pack just to lower the dose before I totally quit. On Dec 19th 2013 I went to .5mg in the am and on Dec 21st stopped totally. It has been one week with nothing feels good. Thought about it through the whole process but I believe I am done with the nasty addiction. My side affects were dreams, angry, moody but all good. Good luck to me and all who give it a try.

December 28, 2013 8:22 PM

Review by Smoke Free in San D.:

For Smoking Cessation: I have been smoke free for 20 months and I believe I am safely past relapse. I smoked at least one pack a day for 25 years. After using every smoking cessation product known off and on for ten years I finally gave Chantix a try. I smoked my last cigarette on day 8 on April 26, 2011 and took it for 3 months. I took my first pill of the day when I woke and second pill 8 hours later and had no bad dreams. I am lucky, the worst side effect was gas that could clear a large room, small price to pay. My insurance covered it 100%. I am so ecstatic that I am smoke free and know that I am a non smoker for the rest of my life.

December 26, 2013 3:54 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I have to brag on chantix. I smoked for over 52 years and I no longer smoke, thanks to chantix.

December 23, 2013 8:31 AM

Review by Nate (34 yo) (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: Chewing Tobacco, yep, it is working for this too! I was pessimistic because there is not much info in the way of chew/dip. Marketing and reviews are highly aimed toward smoking/smokers. I chewed days 1-7 and stopped day 8 as indicated for smokers. Not a single dip since. Craving is at most once per day, but is gone within 30 seconds. I have been on Chantix x 13 days and look forward to being a former dipper (forever). The downside for me is transient nausea. Not enough to even think about stopping this miracle medicine. As a healthcare professional myself, reading the mechanism of action really makes sense. I just hope that all my nicotinic receptors forget that I have dipped since I was 11 years old. Just give it a shot..It works!

December 19, 2013 12:16 AM

Review by Timbbo75 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: 36 year old male when I quit. Started when I was 14. I was smoking two packs a day. I would defiantly recommend this to anyone. Worst thing for me was the dreams. Over two years without a cigarette and much happier. I took it for 6 weeks.

December 10, 2013 6:17 PM

Review by Amazing, Simply a miracle pill! (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: Wiped out a hopeless 20 year addiction after trying everything without success over the past year; from gums, cold-turkey to hypnotherapy. Towards the end of the first week I noticed I went from a pack/day to just 4 cigarettes/day! So the transition was literally effortless to the 8th day which is quite day. I Love the dreams! I sleep better and have lost weight as I can now jog 30 minutes on treadmill with ease vs just 7 minutes max before after being completely winded and gassed. Thank-you Chantix for a month now smoke free (with absolutely no thoughts or desires to smoke), and tremendously improving my quality of life!

December 9, 2013 7:17 PM

Review by Sally Ann 001:

For Smoking Cessation: Started taking it the day before Thanksgiving 2013. Didn't even want to smoke on the holiday. Had one...yuk. I have been smoke free for 9 days. I have no desire to smoke, haven't gained any weight and considered myself "smoke free". The word "quit" is a four letter word for me and too heavy (at least for now). Thank you Chantrix. I needed you like an old friend. I thank you.

December 6, 2013 4:04 PM

Review by Grnidwilson (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: 38y old female that smoked for 21 years. I smoked the first week on Chantix and it tasted nasty. Before Chantix I loved the feeling of inhaling the smoke. After starting Chantix and because it tasted nasty, that feeling went away. I only took Chantix for two weeks. I didn't mind the weird dreams, but I could not stand the flu like symptoms. My body ached, I was always tired, and shortly after I took the pill, I would get a bad upset stomach. After all of that, I would do it again in a heartbeat! I love not being a smoker. No more smelly clothes. Smoked a pack a day so saving money there. Prior to Chantix I tried the electronic cigarettes to quit smoking, it didn't work. Now it keeps my hands busy. 3 months no smoke. YOU HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT!

December 4, 2013 10:02 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: I have been a smoker since I was 14. I am now 28. I tried Chantix for the first time about a year ago. It worked wonders. I was smoke free for 6 months. I had not problems with it at all. After the 6 months my boyfriend who at the time did not quit was smoking and I would sneak a few drags here and there and then before I knew it I was back to smoking. I started Chantix again 9 days ago. I have been nauseous every time I take it, very tired, and VERY VERY moody to the point my kids do not want to be around me. As of today I will not be taking Chantix and will turn to another alternative. Good luck to those who do have success with it!

December 4, 2013 8:32 AM

Review by Jules62:

For Smoking Cessation: I have smoked since I was 15 years old and am now 51, and just decided it was time to quit. My first week on Chantix, while still allowed to smoke, I decided to cut way back, just to see if I could, and it was a piece of cake. From 20 - 30 cigs a day down to 3 or 4. My quit date was 11/11/13 and it's been 8 days and no smoking! It's a miracle pill, but you have to want to quit or nothing is going to work. I now find myself going 1/2 day without even thinking about smoking and when I do think about it, I'm not even the slightest bit tempted to do it. I'm done with that nasty habit. Good luck to you too!

November 19, 2013 2:11 PM

Review by ellen53:

For Smoking Cessation: Was on Chantix for about two weeks. I did not take the PM dose or I would never sleep. I did slow down and almost stopped within that time, but found I was irritable, cranky, and VERY depressed. The side effects were mostly emotional. I had to stop taking Chantix. When you wake up in the morning feeling like it was the night before and the "sun" is not shining = entering deep depression, it is time to quit the medication.

November 17, 2013 7:48 PM

Review by Foxtoy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: I was a smoker for 17 years... I quit when I was pregnant with my two children, however I couldn't quit entirely. I started Chantix when I knew it was time. I used it the first week as directed, and as the second week came and went, I realized I was forgetting to take the medication. I was also not smoking. So, I only used the medicine for two weeks. Last month was my 5 year anniversary of non-smoking. I love it!

November 12, 2013 11:51 PM

Review by 20 year slave (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: It works!!! I smoked for 20+ years and on Dec 17, 2013 will be 1 year without 1 drag. I was buying 2 packs a day for the final 6-7 years. Around $12 a day and about $4400 a year with a total in the last 5 years $22,000. That makes me crazy. The addiction is real. I don't know if I could of stopped without Chantix, but I know I did stop because of it. It made the taste become disgusting like no other. The urge slowly left my head. After 3 weeks and the "WANT" to really quit. I DID IT! The withdrawals were in the form of severe muscle aches about a month after. That lasted also 1 month. Bring cigarette free is truly being free. My wife kisses me again. I tried literally every method to quit before Chantix. Nothing worked. Chantix does....

November 9, 2013 3:46 AM

For Smoking Cessation: I've been on it for about 4 months I'm also on depression pills anxiety pills and sleeping pills the only side effect is my bizarre dreams like cows jumping over fences its worth the money its like how much do you spend a month on cigs

November 3, 2013 2:00 PM

Review by WoundNurse811 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: It is a miracle pill! After saying that, you HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT! It does not take away the psychological aspect of smoking, just the need of the nicotine. Your going to want to smoke out of habit, you must learn to change the habits you had. Saying that, I'm amazed by Chantx!!! I have been smoke free for 3 weeks and will never look back:) Only side effect I suffered was nausea once, because I didn't eat! You must eat something when you take it. No dreams, no mood swings, no depression. I'm 100% satisfied and would recommend Chantix to anybody wanting to quit!!

October 31, 2013 8:53 PM

Review by stonecold316 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I have been smoking since I was 15 yrs old. I am now 50 I tried everything to stop smoking nothing helped. When my Dr said about Chantix I said why bother its not going to help. In 1 1/2 months I stopped smoking my family is so happy I have more energy and don't have the feeling that I want a smoke

October 31, 2013 1:31 AM

Review by Happy Non-Smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I tried Chantix the first time and did not complete it. Tried it a second time with diligent determination. It has now been 2 years, 2 months & 28 days with 100% success. I can truthfully say that I do not miss smoking & have become one of those people that cannot tolerate second hand smoke. I am not vocal about it as I was once one of "those" folks. I had tried nearly everything thru the years and Chantix was my lifesaver.

October 28, 2013 5:56 PM

Review by kiddy car (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: i am a two pack a day plus smoker pretty much when get up in the morning or sit idle I chain smoke. I started Chantix 10 days ago after one day of taking this wonderful medication I drop to 1 pack a day some nausea and some goofy dreams. after 1 week I was down to half a pack a day today on day 10i have not smoked one cigarette. 1. you have to want to quit 2. Chantix will not do it all for you you have to make some effort. 3. changing your daily habits is a great idea. throughout the day especially morning first waking up is my hardest time but as of today I didn't give in I got rid of all my cigarettes tobacco tubes and machine I plan on stay smoke free from here on out. if you want to quit should you get on this product? I say YES DO IT

October 24, 2013 5:43 PM