User Reviews for Chantix (Page 3)

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 777 reviews 19 medications

8.9
Summary of Chantix reviews 777 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "Started Chantix, set my quit date for 3 weeks later. Week 1 - noticed a reduced craving to smoke, Second week - even less craving. Third week - was hardly smoking at all. Quit date - haven't picked up a smoke since and that was 7 years ago. Have had a few urges since but never enough to make me pick up a pack of cigarettes. Didn't care about the cost, I had to quit and it was easy!"

Shatterlaine November 3, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I have been smoking for almost 20 years. I had tried the patch, the gum, cold turkey, your name it! I even had a hard time stopping when I got pregnant. I knew it was time to make some major changes. I talked to my doctor and he really made me do my homework before writing me a prescription. I smoked the first week, but by day 3 I could already see a change. I was smoking less and less cigarettes or not tasting as good anymore. I'm now on day six without a cigarette and I feel great the first couple of days I had some cravings but now I don't even crave anymore! I have not experienced any side effects at all... And that was my biggest worry! I would definitely recommend Chantex to anybody who is serious about quitting smoking!"

Hauntgurl November 2, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I didn't read the directions and started taking Chantix the day after I quit. I had smoked for 33 years. I only took Chantix for 2 weeks after quitting. No side effects. I was actually amazed how easy it was to quit. Now been smoke free for 9 years!!!"

Clay Carten (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "This is the 2nd time I have quit with Chantx. It truly works. To avoid the nightmares, I started off by taking half a pill morning & night for the first week and then went to a full tablet morning & night and that worked, no nightmares this time. I have been taking it for 2 months now and have been smoke free for one month. How long should o take it!"

Robin in MA October 30, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I had a heart attack and a stent put in in March of this year I HAD to quit, as I also work in the medical field. I had smoked for >35 years and I rather loved it, but I KNEW I had to quit. My own child bet against me that I couldn't do it. He lost CHANTIX worked like a miracle... I quit completely after 3 weeks and it's been over 4 months now, and I can say I never want to smoke again. Just the smell or the non smell of tobacco is wonderful. I loved my Chantix experience and only side effects I noticed was weird dreams...And some of them were not too bad...Thank you for my life back without smoking... : )"

Y2KDEBBIE (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Worked great!! A miracle! I smoked for 33 years and have now been smoke free for 4 1/2 years!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "After 50 years I just celebrated 7 wonderful smoke free years! Thank you Chantix you have given me a new lease on life."

Old nurse October 25, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I was a smoker for 42 years and never wanted to quit, however I knew I had to. I started Chantix in April and had my last cigarette May 1st. I did have some side effects but I worked through them and my personality did change for a while but I am happy to say it all worked out and I am so happy it did. As long as you know what the effects are and you have support you should be fine."

Kilborn7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 30 yrs for many years it was almost 2 packs a day. I.eventually got down to a pack a day. Over the years I tried quitting, it worked for a month Or so. My new years resolution like any other year, was to quit. I went to my Dr and told her I wanted to quit and that I would like to try chantix. Of course I was hesitant but on Jan 9,2015 I started taking it. This was on a Sunday. 4 days..Just 4 days later I smoked my last cigarette. It's been 9 months, and I feel great! I finished the first 2 weeks of the Rx just for reassurance. I know after taking chantix, I will NEVER smoke again! Thank you Chantix!!"

Fuckitifthisdoesntwork October 20, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I quit smoking with chantix ! If it wasn't for chantix I never would of been able to quit !! I loved smoking and and did it for 35 years ! I knew it was time to quit but I also knew I needed help then I heard about chantix ! Started taking it and set my quit day and I did it I didn't have bad cravings and it wasn't hard at all I couldn't believe it ! To my amazement I really can't say enough about chantix its great. It's now been over a year now and I am now a nonsmoker yay to chantix"

Penny McMurray (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I have smoked for 44 years and quit with Chantix. It gave me the ability to quit. I smoked 2 pack a day and with Chantix I went down to 0 a day. It has been 9 and 3/4 years that I quit. Thank You Chantix "

Fish lady October 14, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Quit in a month, side effects include strange dream every night and massive headache. Cut down to 1 pill a day due to massive headache after 3 week. Stop taking the pill, and stop smoking on the same day."

SinP (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am convinced that this medication has saved my life. I set a quit date for 2 weeks after I started Chantix and by day 3 I had no cravings and when I did try to smoke it tasted like crap. I am 47 and I have been smoking 1/2-1 pack a day since I was 20. I'm now on day 17 and I have no urge to smoke and I have no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever. I did have a mild headache for the first week, but nothing that an Advil wouldn't fix. I have to admit, I was terrified to start taking Chantix because I had heard the horror stories (I actually had the meds for 2 weeks and was afraid to take it) lol Since starting the meds all I can do is kick myself for not asking my doctor for it sooner. This is an answered prayer. I'm a non-smoker now!!!!! WooHoo"

WA2015 October 12, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "started smoking at 14....now 37. I knew I couldn't quit without help and chantix did it! Afte two days down to one smoke, just finished the second week and haven't smoked 11 days!! No nausea ( always take with food!!) and vivid, it not bad dreams. I recommend to everyone!!!"

Krampone (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Ok- I have tried many things to quit smoking and patches helped me a lot! However even with them I have failed. One thing left to try was chantix, and I was thinking it will make a huge difference! (It did for my friend)! I have been for 3 weeks on Chantix and had no desire to quit smoking whatsoever! I smoked a pack and half even the third week! I had vivid dreams (but I always do) and I had constipation (which I never have)! No other side effect /that I was aware off! And really my smoking pleasure was the same! I stopped taking the pill! I felt I gave it a long enough try! I am sure it works for some people but it did nothing for me! And I was scared of the damage it was doing to my body! Now I am smoke free-cold turkey!"

Ex-smoker (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I was a smoker for at least 25 yrs. Tried a few times to stop on my own w/o much success. When I asked my Doc for Chantix he prescribed it and it totally worked by the time I completed 1st script! No bad side effects at all but a good side effect, prior to taking I always had terrible nightmares. Once on Chantix those completely stopped. This was 5 yrs ago and have never had a craving for a smoke since, even when in a room with smokers! This stuff was amazing, thank you!!!!!"

Angela S October 9, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Today is my 6th day on chantex I've been smoking for 13 years I'm 25 years old. I've noticed a small cut down in my normal pack a day and I I am more likely to half a cig then smoke the whole thing. Everything tastes different and I am very tired no vivid dreams surprisingly but I have a lot of trouble falling asleep. I really need this to work I have been using my inhaler a lot the last month or so crossing my fingers it works for me"

Kaitlyn21 October 8, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "After just a few weeks, I became a non smoker with Chantex. A year later, and still a non smoker."

Rbk2101 October 7, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I started smoking when I was 14 years old. I am 55 years old and smoked 3 packs a day. Tried multiple times to quit on my own and could not due to withdrawals. At one point my husband drove me to the store to buy cigarettes because I was having horrible withdrawal symptoms. Chantix worked exactly as it advertised. It has been 15 months and I have no desire to smoke . I have literally had no problems staying smoke free. I can be around smokers with no issue . You can ask anyone who knows me that I would be the last person on the planet who wouId quit smoking because I loved smoking. I quit because of financial reasons only. Had some vivid dreams but nothing I couldn't tolerate"

Anonymous October 1, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "In 2010, I quit smoking by using Chantix and I did not have any side effects at all. I started smoking again in 2014 after some stressful events in my life happened. I promised myself that I would quit again after things settled down, and I did with the help of Chantix. The second time I took it I had trouble sleeping, but the cravings for cigarettes went away. I took Chantix for 2 months, but did not take the 3rd month because it was not covered by my insurance. Needless to say, I picked up the bad habit again after smoking just 1 cigarette (thinking just 1 would be ok). I started taking Chantix again about a week ago. I know Chantix works. It is just having the willpower to not pick up a cigarette after you quit. "Just 1" for me is not ok"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I quit smoking 12/7/2007 while using Chantix. I have not touched a cigarette since. I do not crave cigarettes. I do not think about them. I tried everything around to quit but not until Chantix did it take. I love the freedom from not worrying if I have enough cigarettes and I can't imagine the cost of it now. I remember it caused some nausea and vivid dreams. I wasn't a happy person while quitting but the end goal was so worth it. NO COUGH ANYMORE! I almost forgot about that annoying smoker's cough. It goes away. It really does. Wishing everyone good luck and good health."

Donnadoesntsmokehereanymore September 27, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I tried Chantix on two seperate occasions and it did not help in any way."

steele_ur_heart72 September 23, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Works great but I have to take benadryl to help me sleep through the vivid dreams"

NolaBeth (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I had to get on here and post my intense side effects that I haven't read anywhere as being all that common. First of all, I'm only on day 5 and still smoking as usual. But the past couple days I've been in soooo much physical pain its almost unbearable! My back, neck, and knees hurt so bad since starting chantix and this isn't listed as a side effect, but I've never had this problem before and I'm only 31. Also, the fatigue is so bad I'm nodding off while reading, watching movies, even driving! I'm really trying to stick it out and telling myself it's just my body adjusting to a new medication, but I'm not sure how much longer I can deal with this!"

aTrina (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am 61 years old I started smoking when I was12 I was up to3 packs a day chantix saved my life I have been quit now for almost 4 years chantix did it for me have even went through death of our son recently and did not go back to smoking .Thank you chantix - you save my life!!!!!!"

donna/savedbyahoo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2015