User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 539 reviews 19 medications

8.7
Summary of Chantix reviews 539 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Chantix

Review by Happy Non-Smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I tried Chantix the first time and did not complete it. Tried it a second time with diligent determination. It has now been 2 years, 2 months & 28 days with 100% success. I can truthfully say that I do not miss smoking & have become one of those people that cannot tolerate second hand smoke. I am not vocal about it as I was once one of "those" folks. I had tried nearly everything thru the years and Chantix was my lifesaver.

October 28, 2013 5:56 PM
Review by kiddy car (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: i am a two pack a day plus smoker pretty much when get up in the morning or sit idle I chain smoke. I started Chantix 10 days ago after one day of taking this wonderful medication I drop to 1 pack a day some nausea and some goofy dreams. after 1 week I was down to half a pack a day today on day 10i have not smoked one cigarette. 1. you have to want to quit 2. Chantix will not do it all for you you have to make some effort. 3. changing your daily habits is a great idea. throughout the day especially morning first waking up is my hardest time but as of today I didn't give in I got rid of all my cigarettes tobacco tubes and machine I plan on stay smoke free from here on out. if you want to quit should you get on this product? I say YES DO IT

October 24, 2013 5:43 PM
Review by EX-Smoker (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I took Chantix for 4 weeks and actually quit after the first week. While it did work for smoking it brought a number of other problems for me. I was nauseous and did have vivid dreams but that was minor. In trying to get myself off this medicine I find I am severley depressed. Never having this type of feeling I was not sure what was going on. I leave the house to go to work and that is it. I find myself not wanting to answer the phone when it rings. I sleep for hours...before bed time...and have no problem sleeping all night. I'm very snippy towards everyone. My husband and kids are taking the brunt of this. How long will these side effects last?

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 21, 2013 12:04 PM
Review by KimberBR: User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: It's been seven years since my husband and I quit smoking using Chantix. I never thought it could happen. I struggled a bit with depression, but I never considered harming myself or others. I don't know if my depression was due to the Chantix, a bipolar (I'm diagnosed) episode, withdraw from nicotine, the loss of "friends" and routines associated with smoking or a combination of any or all four. After more than 25 years each - and every patch, gum, hypnosis, cold turkey, meditation and acupuncture method we could try - we quit smoking using Chantix in 2006.

October 20, 2013 11:35 PM
Review by Oregon Kati: User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I tried Chantix 2 yrs ago. I was 63 and smoked a pack to a pack and a half a day since I was 18. Had quit cold turkey 2ce for more than 2 yrs each time, but ended up going back to the cigarettes. No one ever told me there was support, so I just took it as prescribed. During the first week I had NO ability to cut down, much less quit. I was going thru a breakup of a 20 yr relationship and did not get suicidal feelings, I got homicidal ones. I am soooo not a violent person, and wanting to hurt someone was something I had never experienced. I became really agitated and short tempered. Finally gave up after 2 mos (never did manage to totally quit smoking). Took me about 3 mos to get back to normal.

October 20, 2013 9:08 PM
Review by Floridalover (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: Have been smoking since 14 and now almost 50. My family dislike the fact that I smoke - the health risks mainly but also the smell. Im only on day 10 of taking Champix but must say how impressed I am. Had my last cigarette 5 days ago. I have had a few odd dreams, but nothing scarey at all, just odd. Today was a hard day as its Sunday and im not my busiest however I got through it (almost bought a 10 pack) Did some breathing exercises which helped and have started to suck ice cubes when I get a craving-which only lasts about 3 mins. So far so good. Fingers and toes crossed I will succeed but after reading some of the comments on here it looks like I will. Will keep you posted. Good luck everyone.

October 20, 2013 5:46 PM
Review by Grandmaof2girls: User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: 3 1/2 years ago I decided to take Chantix to quit smoking. For me Chantix was a miracle. I have had no desire to smoke since I quit. I feel so much better and breath much better. I smoked a pack per day for over 20 years. I was feeling short of breath and exhausted all of the time. Not any more. Thank you Chantix.

October 19, 2013 8:05 AM
Review by hodag68: User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I am 63 years old and have smoked about 1 pack/day for over 40 years. I have tried quitting many times throughout my life. With the help of Chantix, I believe I've finally done it. It's been 7 months since I quit and my urges are significantly less and are now easy to get through. I even have had a few days now where I haven't even thought about smoking a cigarette. Only side effect was some weight gain. The advantage of quitting smoking far outweighs the minor weight gain.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 17, 2013 10:56 PM
Review by nikki36: User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: Thanks to Chantix i have now been smoke free since June 2010. I only took a month supply but that is all it took. Now when I think, smell or see someone smoke the desire for it quickly goes away.

October 14, 2013 3:45 PM
Review by finally free 11 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I smoked for 45 years. For the last 25 years 2 packs a day. My health was horrible. I have now been smoke free for 8 weeks! After only a few days you will notice a positive change. The coughing, the mucus, the continual feeling of about to get sick, all but went away! I, as others have found if you have trouble sleeping or feeling sick when you switch to 2mg a day cut them in half and take half at a time through the day. Also take the last pill earlier in the evening. Chantix is truly a life saver! The dreams are fine as long as you keep positive about it and realize THEY are JUST dreams. The trade off is so worth it!

October 11, 2013 12:22 PM
Review by LTheo (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I went on Chantix and I have been smoke free for 8 months. I have not even cheated nor do I have any desire to smoke now or ever again. I have tried many times to quit but this is truly the best product out there to quit. You must want to quit. I dealt with a bit of insomnia and some nausea. However, if you truly want to quit you will deal with your "side effects" for the 3 months. I did and am so glad and proud. Thank you Chantix.

October 11, 2013 12:36 AM
Review by so so happy (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: My boyfriend has been smoking for about 16 years (2 packs/day). He started taking Chantix 6 days ago and I'm already seeing a difference as is he! I noticed the "need" for him to get a fix is lessening. Before, if he didn't get a fix no one with him could be happy. All around now, he just seems happier and not so sickly. He actually SMILED in the morning before work in the early morning which never has happened before. His skin is starting to improve, he claims he's getting more sleep and his breathing/coughing fits have lessened slightly. Also, he's eating noticeably more which is great because he's very underweight at this point. I'm truly watching a miracle unfold in front of me. Today he noticed cigarettes are starting to taste bad.

October 4, 2013 11:01 AM
Review by OhHappyDay (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I am 51 years old and had been smoking since I was 14 years old. About a pack or so a day. I have been taking Chantix for 3 weeks. Unbelievable results so far. It's like I had never been a smoker before. Yes there are dreams but not Night Terrors just dreams about people in my life or people I would like to have in my life. I absolutely highly recommend this medicine if you WANT to quit. It's awesome! My wife is on it as well and she would echo my comments here too.

September 30, 2013 2:13 PM
Review by Pam L: User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I have been smoking since I was 12. I am now 49. I never thought I would be able to quit, but I have been smoke free for a month now!! Chantix is a miracle! No withdrawal, and I actually sleep better because I don't wake up craving a smoke. Thank you Chantix!!

September 28, 2013 6:14 PM
Review by CaldwellJL: User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I had thought that quitting smoking was hopeless. Even when I started taking Chantix, I didn't think I could quit. My last cigarette was May 29, 2013. I am thrilled beyond belief. My insurance paid 100% for the Chantix but I would have readily spent what it cost just to quit that nasty habit. I took it for 3 months as instructed. It changed my life. I feel empowered and strong and healthy. I am grateful.

September 25, 2013 10:13 AM
Review by ivy1346: User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: This is the Michael Jordan of smoking cessation. I tried every single thing and nothing worked except Chantix. Smoke free for 4 years now. If it is giving you side effects like occasional nausea and vomiting for a short amount of time after taking it, ask the Dr for Phenergan. If you want to stop taking it because the dreams are too hard to handle, then you really do not want to quit.

September 19, 2013 9:15 PM
Review by melissajohn98 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I really enjoyed smoking but heart disease rings strongly throughout my family. I wanted to live to see grandchildren so I decided I needed to quit. My doctor prescribed Chantix. I only took Chantix for two and a half weeks. I haven't smoked for a year and a half. I would recommend Chantix to anyone wanting or needing to quit smoking. I had no side effects. I actually slept wonderfully while taking Chantix.

September 15, 2013 2:42 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I started smoking at 14 and was given a sample of Chantix when I was 46. For 36 years smoking was part of my life, when my doctor handed me a pharmaceutical sample of Chantix I laughed. One day, I opened the box and within a week I was no longer smoking, 7 years later and I remain smoke free with absolutely no desire to ever touch another cigarette! I did not experience the side effects, chewed cinnamon gum for a few weeks and was stunned at how there was no withdrawal. This is simply the best there is to quit smoking!

September 4, 2013 12:05 AM
Review by August 1 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I started taking Chantix on August 1. I read some of the reviews and thought wow that sounds like it might work for me. I have been smoking a pack a day for 20 years. I started when I was 13. I had no side effects except it made me a little tired the first week. I wasn't sure how it would affect me, so I took the morning pill at night during week one. No upset stomach except one day when I didn't eat before taking the pill. No bad dreams, but they were very vivid and pleasurable. I smoked through the first 9 days. My last cigarette was on August 9. I took a drag of a cigarette on August 10, but it tasted terrible, even after a glass of wine! Today is September 2, and I am still smoke free! Yay! Chantix is amazing!

September 2, 2013 12:06 PM
Review by crazysam (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I started smoking at 11 years old. Smoked 2 packs a day till I was 48 years old. I have tried several other products before but nothing worked. I am Bi-polar but really wanted to try Chantix. My psychiatrist gave me the script and is watching closely. I quit smoking after 2 weeks on Chantix and have been quit for 5 1/2 months now. I stopped Chantix cold turkey 3 days ago. I am having some anxiety, mood swings but today was much better than yesterday. I suffered from constipation, swelling, bloating, terrible gas, sweet cravings, sweats (day and night) and I have gained 30 lbs while I was taking Chantix. But I AM SMOKE FREE. I am a diabetic and I have cancer and heart disease in my family, so quitting was very important to me.

August 31, 2013 10:47 PM
Review by Mike171: User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: Good stuff. Kept me awake for the first few nights, but it was well worth it. None of the other side effects, just didn't want to smoke, mostly because I believe part of what this medicine does is makes cigarettes taste like yucky! My girlfriend still smoke's, and while I was taking it I couldn't be around when she was smoking, the smell almost made me sick.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 29, 2013 7:22 PM
Review by tete7782: User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: Started smoking when I was 16 years old. Since taking Chantix for about 3 months I haven't smoked at all. The first week I cut down from a pack a day to maybe 7 a day. Since then I have not smoked at all. Chantix worked great for me. Sometimes it makes me sick to my stomach after I take it. And I have had very weird vivid dreams. But I will take the side effects over smoking!

August 27, 2013 10:06 AM
Review by Supermansmom (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I recently quit smoking with no problems at all using Chantix! I have smoked a pack and a half a day for 8 years and nothing has ever worked before. By day 9 on Chantix I really could care less if I smoked even with coworkers asking me all day to smoke. This is a wonderful medication any smoker should try this.

August 13, 2013 8:44 PM
Review by JustBreathe: User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: This is the third time I quit smoking, so I hope I can provide some assistance to others. Chantix won't make you quit, but it helps reduce the cravings and takes the edge off those cravings. No vivid dreams, but experienced nausea. Taking the morning pill at least an hour after breakfast and plenty of water beforehand helped me. When I get a craving, I take a deep breathe and hold it as long as I can. It kind of simulates the smoke going into my lungs and satisfies my craving. Brushing my teeth often also helped me.

August 11, 2013 3:21 AM
Review by Dee Dupree: User Rating:

Chantix (varenicline) for Smoking Cessation: I took Chantix for 25 days and stopped smoking once all the meds were gone. I started smoking when I was 14 years old. I am now 62. I started the Chantix last year and was hopeful it would work and it did! I tried many things throughout the years and was never successful. Today I am 14 months smoke free! My doctor was so against prescribing this and wanted me to try other things that I had already tried. Unfortunately she left her group practice before I could tell her how Chantix worked for me. I am so happy about my success and hope that others will try Chantix too. The only side effect that I had was unusual dreams about once per week. But it was worth it to stop 1 and 1/2 packs of cigarettes per day.

August 8, 2013 7:55 AM