User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 680 reviews 19 medications

8.9
Summary of Chantix reviews 680 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "2nd time using Chantix. It worked the first and its working this time! And this I will never touch another cigarette!"

Prince fan (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "It's amazing what this medicine does!! I have been a smoker for 15-16 yrs. I was up to a pack a day easily. I'm on week 3 and have already quit smoking! I don't get the dreams others talk about mine are just normal. I was kinda wanting the dreams as I don't dream much lol. My only side affect to report is I do wake up in the middle of the night only once though and I'm able to go right back to sleep. I quit in 2007 with the patch and let me tell you Chantix is way easier! My insurance paid my RX 100% which was a wonderful surprises at checkout. If you have tried it all and wasn't able to quit you really should try Chantix! Why? Because it works!! Get your life back get your money back too Happy Quitting :)"

ladybug36 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 23 years, I was very addicted. I even smoked during both my pregnancies but I couldn't even quit then. Finally, after 3 weeks on Chantix, I quit. It has been almost a year and a half. I didn't have any side effects. "

mel0ymelmelymel March 18, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am a 49 year old female, I have smoked for over 33 year's and believe it or not I really enjoyed smoking and didn't or wouldn't quit. My PCP has been on me for years to quit I had a lot of breathing issues and always sick with chest congestion, wheezing, coughing I having a hard time breathing but I was still smoking. I went on a trip with my daughter and when we got to the hotel I opened my suit case and the smell of smoke was so awful I told her when we get home I'm done. I took Chantix for 2 months and it's been 9 months. Smoke free. I had no side effects at all."

ihoule (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Excellent "

christa332004 March 16, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I LOVED smoking and tried several times to go cold turkey and failed miserably. And I tried Chantix twice before it actually worked. The first two times I was given just the starter packet because I was having surgery and I smoked right through those. The third time I was given the full regiment and by the beginning of the third packet I no longer had a craving to smoke. And get this my friends my pardner is a heavy smoker and still I don't feel the cravings. Of course we never have smoked in the house which is a blessing ( I don't have smokey walls and windows to clean). And I was a two to three pack a day smoker. It's been a year and I can honestly say I'm a non-smoker. Thank you Chantix!"

Sami 53 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I was a 30 year pack a day smoker. I took Chantix and in 3 weeks I had totally quit. .no side effects,felt great. It is now 7 years I am smoke free and, I never miss it . thank you Chantix"

llbreezell March 10, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 15 years. Chantix is a God send. However I had two rounds of it before I quit. It helps with the cravings and after a week on this medicine it makes the cigarettes taste awful, this was my mistake I kept smoking and got used to the change. Well fast forward another 6 months after I was off Chantix for a while I started again and stopped after about 2 weeks when the cigarettes started tasting funny again. And that was 7 years ago. I literally owe this medicine my life. My life that I can now spend more time with my daughter and she will not grow up around second hand smoke. It did give me nausea when I took it but only lasted from 20 minutes to an hour. But what is a little nausea compared to being able to stop smoking."

kerasdad (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "was great."

my byrdman (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for thirty years. I took Chantix and by the third week I no longer had the urge to smoke. I had a little nausea for a few days but it wasn't bad. Did have some crazy sex dreams. I am 65 and have been quit for 7 years. Best thing I ever did when I took Chantix. It works!"

Karen s. February 25, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 18 years and never thought I could quit. I wasn't one of those social smokers...I NEEDED it. I would turn into a different and mean person when I had to go more than 2 hours without smoking. I tried the gum, lozenges and E-cig. Nothing worked, and then there was Chantix! It was amazing how it just took the urges away. I still wanted a cigarette out of habit, but not in the same way that I needed one before. I would have tried this years ago had I known. I have been smoke free for 5 months now. There is a downside though. I had bad side effects the first 2 weeks. I felt so strange and not myself at all. The side effects did go away completely, so if you stick it out, it is well worth it!"

Smokefree February 25, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "its been a couple weeks on chantix, and I finshed my pack of cigs for two days then cut back to 3 a day for 3 days. Now I havent had any for five days and I feel like I never smoked. I don't even think about it. I wanted to write in here to let everyone curious about starting chantix to ignore the horror stories and try it for your self. I have tried the patch and lasted nine months, and having a cig was all I thought about the whole time, it was awful. chantix has no nicotine and its been wonderful. As it states on the box, please take it with a meal as it does make you very nauseous if you don't. The only other side effect I had was it made me extremely tired the first two or three days."

Natkierz (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Quitting was effortless!! I did have nausea throughout the entire treatment after taking the pill for a couple hours and has done very vivid, sometimes horrible dreams, but the side effects were worth it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Today is my one year anniversary of being smoke free - thank you Chantix! I took this for 3 months, and weened myself off of it the same way I began it. I also cut the dosage down to one pill a day at the 6-week mark. I checked in with my doctor after a month about depression (this and and the weening off of the medcine I believe are very important to success). I had some tough days, but really clear thinking and the ability to say no when a craving would come over me. I smoked for 35 years...If I can do it, so can you!"

Lalex66 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I was a smoker for 44 years and wanted to quit smoking because was going to become a grandmother. I heard about Chantix from my brother and decided to try it. I had used other things to quit but was never successful. After using Chantix for 1 week I no longer was a smoker. That was 8 years ago and I am very happy that my granddaughter has never had a grandma that smelled like smoke."

bevgail February 17, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I started using Chantix September 2014. I'm was getting close to my 50th birthday and I really wanted to stop and it helped me to do it."

luvbug200417 February 16, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "My husband and I both used Chantix and quit smoking last July. Used for 3 months and did not go back. Side effects were the vivid dreams which were awesome. Terrific product."

BreezyPtgirl February 16, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I've been 5 years non smoking. Chantix was a big big help in making it happen. I slept like a log while taking Chantix, and after a month of it, I was done smoking. I never craved cigarette's after the 1st week of using it. This has got to be one of the greatest medicines ever made. Use it."

Scotty LaRue February 15, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 50+ years. Took it for one week and that was it. I didn't think it was possible for me to quit. It has been 6 years now. Great product."

don o (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I have been smoking for 30+ years and quit using Chantix. The only side effects for me were the nausea and wild dreams. Knowing the outcome was better than the side effects I took it for 2 weeks, got through the hardest part and moved forward smoke free. If you get side effects and are determined to stop smoking it will help!"

Mssactomikki (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am amazed with Chantix! I've smoked a pack a day or more for five year and it made my cravings nearly completely cease. Nausea and the bad vivid (sometimes lucid) dreams were the only side effects I experienced. I stopped the nausea by eating and drinking water with the medication. Wonderful, wonderful product!"

MisterMike24 February 11, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I have been smoke free for seven years this January after smoking for well more than half of my life. It seemed quite easy for me, and hopefully for you as well. Only advice I would offer while on this is be sure to eat BEFORE taking your dose. I got very sick on an empty stomach. Hope this helps and good luck to everyone."

irishman813 (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Chantix really works! I am 24 years old and have been smoking since i was 14, so 10 years. I tried gum, patch and cold turkey, nothing worked. Went to my doctor because i knew i needed Chantix. First week was ok, had a couple of weird & vivid dreams but nothing i couldn't handle. After the 5th day or so i was down to like a couple cigarettes a day (i used to smoke almost a pack a day). I am now on my 2nd week and am officially not smoking at all. I am having some side effect though. I have bad headaches all through out the day, my stomach is upset and i got constipated. Its kinda like the feeling of being hungover. But it is all worth it in the end i believe. I would rather have a could headaches than continue to be a smoker."

Stefanie24 February 10, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked for 40 years and tried several times to quit. Finally was able to with Chantix. I think those side effects are just your mind trying to get you to smoke again. I did have bad dreams, but they did not last long. just stay away from smokers if possible, Chantix made it easy"

Marine Dad February 8, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Once I decided I was going to stop smoking (after about 28 yrs of smoking more than a pack a day I started Chantix in May 2013 and I haven't smoked again since. Luckily I didn't have any side effects. I did gain 20 lbs since then but I do feel better. I don't have to worry about long flights anymore etc. I didn't even finish the second phase of the medication. It's definitely worth trying. If I can quit anyone can!"

Asylumbound (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2015