User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 552 reviews 19 medications

8.7
Summary of Chantix reviews 552 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Chantix

Review by Nate (34 yo) (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: Chewing Tobacco, yep, it is working for this too! I was pessimistic because there is not much info in the way of chew/dip. Marketing and reviews are highly aimed toward smoking/smokers. I chewed days 1-7 and stopped day 8 as indicated for smokers. Not a single dip since. Craving is at most once per day, but is gone within 30 seconds. I have been on Chantix x 13 days and look forward to being a former dipper (forever). The downside for me is transient nausea. Not enough to even think about stopping this miracle medicine. As a healthcare professional myself, reading the mechanism of action really makes sense. I just hope that all my nicotinic receptors forget that I have dipped since I was 11 years old. Just give it a shot..It works!

December 19, 2013 12:16 AM

Review by Timbbo75 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: 36 year old male when I quit. Started when I was 14. I was smoking two packs a day. I would defiantly recommend this to anyone. Worst thing for me was the dreams. Over two years without a cigarette and much happier. I took it for 6 weeks.

December 10, 2013 6:17 PM

Review by Amazing, Simply a miracle pill! (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: Wiped out a hopeless 20 year addiction after trying everything without success over the past year; from gums, cold-turkey to hypnotherapy. Towards the end of the first week I noticed I went from a pack/day to just 4 cigarettes/day! So the transition was literally effortless to the 8th day which is quite day. I Love the dreams! I sleep better and have lost weight as I can now jog 30 minutes on treadmill with ease vs just 7 minutes max before after being completely winded and gassed. Thank-you Chantix for a month now smoke free (with absolutely no thoughts or desires to smoke), and tremendously improving my quality of life!

December 9, 2013 7:17 PM

Review by Sally Ann 001:

For Smoking Cessation: Started taking it the day before Thanksgiving 2013. Didn't even want to smoke on the holiday. Had one...yuk. I have been smoke free for 9 days. I have no desire to smoke, haven't gained any weight and considered myself "smoke free". The word "quit" is a four letter word for me and too heavy (at least for now). Thank you Chantrix. I needed you like an old friend. I thank you.

December 6, 2013 4:04 PM

Review by Grnidwilson (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: 38y old female that smoked for 21 years. I smoked the first week on Chantix and it tasted nasty. Before Chantix I loved the feeling of inhaling the smoke. After starting Chantix and because it tasted nasty, that feeling went away. I only took Chantix for two weeks. I didn't mind the weird dreams, but I could not stand the flu like symptoms. My body ached, I was always tired, and shortly after I took the pill, I would get a bad upset stomach. After all of that, I would do it again in a heartbeat! I love not being a smoker. No more smelly clothes. Smoked a pack a day so saving money there. Prior to Chantix I tried the electronic cigarettes to quit smoking, it didn't work. Now it keeps my hands busy. 3 months no smoke. YOU HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT!

December 4, 2013 10:02 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: I have been a smoker since I was 14. I am now 28. I tried Chantix for the first time about a year ago. It worked wonders. I was smoke free for 6 months. I had not problems with it at all. After the 6 months my boyfriend who at the time did not quit was smoking and I would sneak a few drags here and there and then before I knew it I was back to smoking. I started Chantix again 9 days ago. I have been nauseous every time I take it, very tired, and VERY VERY moody to the point my kids do not want to be around me. As of today I will not be taking Chantix and will turn to another alternative. Good luck to those who do have success with it!

December 4, 2013 8:32 AM

Review by Jules62:

For Smoking Cessation: I have smoked since I was 15 years old and am now 51, and just decided it was time to quit. My first week on Chantix, while still allowed to smoke, I decided to cut way back, just to see if I could, and it was a piece of cake. From 20 - 30 cigs a day down to 3 or 4. My quit date was 11/11/13 and it's been 8 days and no smoking! It's a miracle pill, but you have to want to quit or nothing is going to work. I now find myself going 1/2 day without even thinking about smoking and when I do think about it, I'm not even the slightest bit tempted to do it. I'm done with that nasty habit. Good luck to you too!

November 19, 2013 2:11 PM

Review by ellen53:

For Smoking Cessation: Was on Chantix for about two weeks. I did not take the PM dose or I would never sleep. I did slow down and almost stopped within that time, but found I was irritable, cranky, and VERY depressed. The side effects were mostly emotional. I had to stop taking Chantix. When you wake up in the morning feeling like it was the night before and the "sun" is not shining = entering deep depression, it is time to quit the medication.

November 17, 2013 7:48 PM

Review by Foxtoy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: I was a smoker for 17 years... I quit when I was pregnant with my two children, however I couldn't quit entirely. I started Chantix when I knew it was time. I used it the first week as directed, and as the second week came and went, I realized I was forgetting to take the medication. I was also not smoking. So, I only used the medicine for two weeks. Last month was my 5 year anniversary of non-smoking. I love it!

November 12, 2013 11:51 PM

Review by 20 year slave (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: It works!!! I smoked for 20+ years and on Dec 17, 2013 will be 1 year without 1 drag. I was buying 2 packs a day for the final 6-7 years. Around $12 a day and about $4400 a year with a total in the last 5 years $22,000. That makes me crazy. The addiction is real. I don't know if I could of stopped without Chantix, but I know I did stop because of it. It made the taste become disgusting like no other. The urge slowly left my head. After 3 weeks and the "WANT" to really quit. I DID IT! The withdrawals were in the form of severe muscle aches about a month after. That lasted also 1 month. Bring cigarette free is truly being free. My wife kisses me again. I tried literally every method to quit before Chantix. Nothing worked. Chantix does....

November 9, 2013 3:46 AM

For Smoking Cessation: I've been on it for about 4 months I'm also on depression pills anxiety pills and sleeping pills the only side effect is my bizarre dreams like cows jumping over fences its worth the money its like how much do you spend a month on cigs

November 3, 2013 2:00 PM

Review by WoundNurse811 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: It is a miracle pill! After saying that, you HAVE TO WANT TO QUIT! It does not take away the psychological aspect of smoking, just the need of the nicotine. Your going to want to smoke out of habit, you must learn to change the habits you had. Saying that, I'm amazed by Chantx!!! I have been smoke free for 3 weeks and will never look back:) Only side effect I suffered was nausea once, because I didn't eat! You must eat something when you take it. No dreams, no mood swings, no depression. I'm 100% satisfied and would recommend Chantix to anybody wanting to quit!!

October 31, 2013 8:53 PM

Review by stonecold316 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I have been smoking since I was 15 yrs old. I am now 50 I tried everything to stop smoking nothing helped. When my Dr said about Chantix I said why bother its not going to help. In 1 1/2 months I stopped smoking my family is so happy I have more energy and don't have the feeling that I want a smoke

October 31, 2013 1:31 AM

Review by Happy Non-Smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I tried Chantix the first time and did not complete it. Tried it a second time with diligent determination. It has now been 2 years, 2 months & 28 days with 100% success. I can truthfully say that I do not miss smoking & have become one of those people that cannot tolerate second hand smoke. I am not vocal about it as I was once one of "those" folks. I had tried nearly everything thru the years and Chantix was my lifesaver.

October 28, 2013 5:56 PM

Review by kiddy car (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: i am a two pack a day plus smoker pretty much when get up in the morning or sit idle I chain smoke. I started Chantix 10 days ago after one day of taking this wonderful medication I drop to 1 pack a day some nausea and some goofy dreams. after 1 week I was down to half a pack a day today on day 10i have not smoked one cigarette. 1. you have to want to quit 2. Chantix will not do it all for you you have to make some effort. 3. changing your daily habits is a great idea. throughout the day especially morning first waking up is my hardest time but as of today I didn't give in I got rid of all my cigarettes tobacco tubes and machine I plan on stay smoke free from here on out. if you want to quit should you get on this product? I say YES DO IT

October 24, 2013 5:43 PM

Review by EX-Smoker (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: I took Chantix for 4 weeks and actually quit after the first week. While it did work for smoking it brought a number of other problems for me. I was nauseous and did have vivid dreams but that was minor. In trying to get myself off this medicine I find I am severley depressed. Never having this type of feeling I was not sure what was going on. I leave the house to go to work and that is it. I find myself not wanting to answer the phone when it rings. I sleep for hours...before bed time...and have no problem sleeping all night. I'm very snippy towards everyone. My husband and kids are taking the brunt of this. How long will these side effects last?

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2013 12:04 PM

Review by KimberBR:

For Smoking Cessation: It's been seven years since my husband and I quit smoking using Chantix. I never thought it could happen. I struggled a bit with depression, but I never considered harming myself or others. I don't know if my depression was due to the Chantix, a bipolar (I'm diagnosed) episode, withdraw from nicotine, the loss of "friends" and routines associated with smoking or a combination of any or all four. After more than 25 years each - and every patch, gum, hypnosis, cold turkey, meditation and acupuncture method we could try - we quit smoking using Chantix in 2006.

October 20, 2013 11:35 PM

Review by Oregon Kati:

For Smoking Cessation: I tried Chantix 2 yrs ago. I was 63 and smoked a pack to a pack and a half a day since I was 18. Had quit cold turkey 2ce for more than 2 yrs each time, but ended up going back to the cigarettes. No one ever told me there was support, so I just took it as prescribed. During the first week I had NO ability to cut down, much less quit. I was going thru a breakup of a 20 yr relationship and did not get suicidal feelings, I got homicidal ones. I am soooo not a violent person, and wanting to hurt someone was something I had never experienced. I became really agitated and short tempered. Finally gave up after 2 mos (never did manage to totally quit smoking). Took me about 3 mos to get back to normal.

October 20, 2013 9:08 PM

Review by Floridalover (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: Have been smoking since 14 and now almost 50. My family dislike the fact that I smoke - the health risks mainly but also the smell. Im only on day 10 of taking Champix but must say how impressed I am. Had my last cigarette 5 days ago. I have had a few odd dreams, but nothing scarey at all, just odd. Today was a hard day as its Sunday and im not my busiest however I got through it (almost bought a 10 pack) Did some breathing exercises which helped and have started to suck ice cubes when I get a craving-which only lasts about 3 mins. So far so good. Fingers and toes crossed I will succeed but after reading some of the comments on here it looks like I will. Will keep you posted. Good luck everyone.

October 20, 2013 5:46 PM

Review by Grandmaof2girls:

For Smoking Cessation: 3 1/2 years ago I decided to take Chantix to quit smoking. For me Chantix was a miracle. I have had no desire to smoke since I quit. I feel so much better and breath much better. I smoked a pack per day for over 20 years. I was feeling short of breath and exhausted all of the time. Not any more. Thank you Chantix.

October 19, 2013 8:05 AM

Review by hodag68:

For Smoking Cessation: I am 63 years old and have smoked about 1 pack/day for over 40 years. I have tried quitting many times throughout my life. With the help of Chantix, I believe I've finally done it. It's been 7 months since I quit and my urges are significantly less and are now easy to get through. I even have had a few days now where I haven't even thought about smoking a cigarette. Only side effect was some weight gain. The advantage of quitting smoking far outweighs the minor weight gain.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2013 10:56 PM

Review by nikki36:

For Smoking Cessation: Thanks to Chantix i have now been smoke free since June 2010. I only took a month supply but that is all it took. Now when I think, smell or see someone smoke the desire for it quickly goes away.

October 14, 2013 3:45 PM

Review by finally free 11 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for 45 years. For the last 25 years 2 packs a day. My health was horrible. I have now been smoke free for 8 weeks! After only a few days you will notice a positive change. The coughing, the mucus, the continual feeling of about to get sick, all but went away! I, as others have found if you have trouble sleeping or feeling sick when you switch to 2mg a day cut them in half and take half at a time through the day. Also take the last pill earlier in the evening. Chantix is truly a life saver! The dreams are fine as long as you keep positive about it and realize THEY are JUST dreams. The trade off is so worth it!

October 11, 2013 12:22 PM

Review by LTheo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I went on Chantix and I have been smoke free for 8 months. I have not even cheated nor do I have any desire to smoke now or ever again. I have tried many times to quit but this is truly the best product out there to quit. You must want to quit. I dealt with a bit of insomnia and some nausea. However, if you truly want to quit you will deal with your "side effects" for the 3 months. I did and am so glad and proud. Thank you Chantix.

October 11, 2013 12:36 AM

Review by so so happy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: My boyfriend has been smoking for about 16 years (2 packs/day). He started taking Chantix 6 days ago and I'm already seeing a difference as is he! I noticed the "need" for him to get a fix is lessening. Before, if he didn't get a fix no one with him could be happy. All around now, he just seems happier and not so sickly. He actually SMILED in the morning before work in the early morning which never has happened before. His skin is starting to improve, he claims he's getting more sleep and his breathing/coughing fits have lessened slightly. Also, he's eating noticeably more which is great because he's very underweight at this point. I'm truly watching a miracle unfold in front of me. Today he noticed cigarettes are starting to taste bad.

October 4, 2013 11:01 AM