Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 633 reviews 19 medications

8.8
Summary of Chantix reviews 633 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Chantix

Review by Mecale:

For Smoking Cessation: Great

December 26, 2014 7:28 AM

Review by mamaselli (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: Smoked at least 40 years - 2 packs a day. More if I was having a few beers. It's been 6 years since I've smoked!

December 22, 2014 7:51 PM

Review by WatchT (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for 30 years and took Chantix for 3 months. That was 7.5 YEARS ago! It was absolutely the best thing I have ever done for myself. I did experience some stomach discomfort and unusual dreams, but they were well worth the result! I would and do recommend this medication for anyone who wants to finally quit!

December 22, 2014 6:03 PM

Review by Juany-bo:

For Smoking Cessation: Been smoking for 10-15yrs, Menthol ones at that. Could not kick habit without some assitance. A friend offered to help me on one condition that I quit or she would want her money back. I took the callange. Only side effects that I experienced was weird dreams. Here I am 1yr 6mnths smoke free, and loving it. Thank you Chantix.

December 20, 2014 9:30 PM

Review by shenanigans74:

For Smoking Cessation: Smoked for 16 years. Was around pack and a half a day if more before Chantix. One year anniversary was in Nov 2014.

December 20, 2014 5:13 PM

Review by Kfolse107:

For Smoking Cessation: Was a 2 pack a day smoker. Took Chantix for about 4 months. Within 3 days I went from 2 packs to about 8 cigarettes a day. Quit smoking completely within the first month. Side effects were minimal, some weird dreams and mild agitation. I actually miss the vivid dreams. I'm at 8 months smoke free now. You do however have to want to quit. My prescription was paid for by a smoking cessation program in my state.

December 17, 2014 10:09 PM

Review by dnall51 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Smoking Cessation: I had smoked 2 packs a day for 44 years and a change was needed since I was not going to continue to pay such high prices to smoke outside in the heat, rain, bugs etc. Started Chantix and never looked back. I started to really look forward to the really vivid dreams each night. No other side effects for me. Refilled the prescription and cut dose in half for next 6 months. After 4 1/2 years still smoke-free and have become an avid cyclist, riding nearly 5,000 miles per year. Best part is that my lungs have fully recovered and regardless of the level of exertion when cycling I never have any wheezing or shortness of breath. I may be breathing hard and fast after a tall hill climb or sprint but my lungs can keep up. This is priceless.

December 11, 2014 9:58 AM

Review by LauraKCMO:

For Smoking Cessation: I am 29 years old been smoking for 13-14 years I have two daughters and I knew it was time to quit they shouldn't have to wait on me to play till after I have a cigarette. I did a lot of research which is very scary but I firmly believe everyone reacts different to medication! This medicine is a miracle for me! I quickly cut back to just a couple cigarettes a day in the first week. By day 6 I was done smoking! Havent smoked since. Only side effects I had were constipation but I just went down to only taking 1 pill per day and that corrected its self!

December 9, 2014 12:53 PM

Review by MarlboroSD (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for 45 years, sometimes more than 2 packs per day. I tried just about everything and then gave Chantix a shot. First I had the weird dreams (which I can still remember) and my cravings diminished. Since I loved to smoke and still do, it took me over 3 months to finally quit. However, I took it up again after 3 years of being smoke free. Started Chantix again and now I'm smoke free. All I can really say is that this stuff works but give it some time. You need to remember than a lot of it is mental and breaking the habit and pleasure isn't easy. I know that I'll never start again after my slip-up and having to do it over. Do I still want a cigarette? Yes, but only because I enjoy smoking. It's not a physical craving now.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2014 5:13 PM

Review by deedeen (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Smoking Cessation: I was a chain smoker. Many people smoked around me and I was the worst one. Very well known for how bad I was. I never tried to quit before. My nurse gave me a few samples of Chantix and It made me sick but I kept taking it. I knew it was making me want smoking less. It saved my life. I have been smoke free for 7 in a half years. I don't even crave it.

November 29, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by trumbull (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: 11/18/14 It has now been 1 month. I would describe week 1 as heck week, no where near the normal fight, and week 2 was easy. Below is what I wrote (Note these reviews also helped me!) I'm 60, smoked for 45 years, stopped cigarettes with Chantix, and then went to cigars about a year later. (Stupid, didn't think I would inhale) I thought it might help others by doing a monthly update. In this case it is day 9, 1 day since my stop date. I feel great, no desire to smoke. A few thoughts, but then I think about the Easy Way To Stop Smoking book. Both Chantix and the book believe the easiest way to stop is to do it nicotine free, meaning no patches, gum etc. Chantix is great for the addiction, and the book for the brainwashing. Good luck to al

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by Liz C. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked a pack a day for almost 10 years before I took Chantix. That was 2 1/2 years ago. I haven%u2019t smoked since day 3 on Chantix. It takes away the physical addiction 100%. Smoking goes from being a pleasurable experience to an experience I think would be similar to licking a dirty ashtray. Trust me%u2026this stuff works! The medicine also keeps your withdrawal symptoms in check so you can be a normal functional person when you're at work and with your loved ones. It%u2019s nice. An added benefit: there%u2019s a high likelihood that your insurance will pay for the total cost (which makes sense--getting you to quit saves everyone a lot of money in the long run). It was free for me. It probably is for you, too. Give it a shot.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2014 3:27 PM

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked a pack and a half for 31 years took Chantix for 2 weeks with no side effects have not had a smoke for a year and half and have not wanted one thanks Chantix

November 12, 2014 7:20 PM

Review by Lmcjsl:

For Smoking Cessation: Chantix was terrible for me. Made me so nauseous I could not get out of bed. For me it gave me headaches and made me feel "hungover" all day long. Also I could not sleep more than 2 hours a night. Now it did make me not want to smoke but I can't be under those conditions all day everyday. So after 9 days I'm stopping.

November 10, 2014 1:32 PM

For Smoking Cessation: Awesome. No side affects at all. A little stomach ache for 5 minutes after taking pill, but goes away fast. Been smoke free for 3 months. Feel great.

November 5, 2014 9:05 PM

Review by Merton tech:

For Smoking Cessation: Second time trying Chantix. First time help me stop smoking for six months but made me crazy. This time doc recommended taking half dose so far four weeks all good.

October 26, 2014 7:14 PM

Review by msjennifer13 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: I asked my Dr. 2 years ago to prescribe this and she didn't want to. She put me on Wellbutrin instead. Well it did absolutely nothing for quiting smoking. Went back last week to see about getting Chantix and she did prescribe it. I am simply amazed how this is working! I've been smoking for 30 years and never thought it would be this easy. The only thing I have to do when I start thinking about smoking is to remember why I'm quitting. Which is a lot right now but completely manageable. Wish she would have prescribed this when I asked 2 years ago.

October 23, 2014 2:54 AM

Review by Mandydidit:

For Smoking Cessation: I didn't want to quit smoking but knew I had to. At first I smoked while on the Chantix, but soon I found myself not interested in it. I smoked for 16 years, 1/2 a pack a day, and it worked! I had some side effects, weird dreams and slight depression but made it through and I feel great! It's been 6 months now free of smoking! I recommend Chantix!

October 21, 2014 2:31 PM

Review by Owen M Reppert:

For Smoking Cessation: I started smoking August 28 1983, tried to quit several times. Took Chantix for 3 weeks haven't had the thought or care for a smoke since February 14 2014.

October 20, 2014 8:35 PM

Review by michaela10:

For Smoking Cessation: I've been a smoker for 10 years. I have tried the gum, patches, and the vaporizer ciggs, nothing worked. Nothing worked because I wanted to smoke, I enjoyed it. I'm on day 18 of Chantix and this is my first day without a cigarette. I'm having all the side effects, nausea, vomiting, gas, constipation, dreams, cant sleep, and don't have energy. I wonder if this pill is made to do this so you wont want to smoke? I'm going to be a trooper and finish up my packet of pills, but the side effects are enough to make a person want to quit. I will say it reduces your cravings, and makes a cigarette taste nasty. I'm hoping that all these side effects are worth it in the long run.

October 16, 2014 2:48 PM

Review by dawn was:

For Smoking Cessation: Tried it and quit within 2 weeks. That was 6 years ago

October 14, 2014 7:30 PM

Review by Pattioh59:

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for 41 yrs and tried to quit on my own no luck. I tried the patch ha ha I could have plastered my body in them and no luck. Could not use the gum as I lost 12 teeth in a horse accident but I tried Chantix and only got a little tense a few times but it made it so easy for me. I gave been tobacco free 2 yrs in February. Thank you Chantix.

October 7, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by robsinmd:

For Smoking Cessation: I took Chantix for 11 weeks and quit smoking on week 3. I have smoked off and on for 20 years. Using Chantix was 100 X easier than quitting cold turkey, therefore I'm giving it a high rating, however the side effects of it were horrible. I wasn't truly honest with my doctor of the side effects, which was wrong looking back. I became so depressed and withdrawn and sometimes would lay in the bedroom and just eat! in fact I ate a lot and gained 35 pounds in 12 Weeks. so I stress caution for anyone using it although I will say it does help quit smoking. 2 weeks

October 7, 2014 5:33 PM

Review by beckyloo:

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked sometimes 2 packs of cigarettes a day just depending on what I was doing or who I was around and I started smoking when I was 15yrs old and I quit 4yrs years ago in 2010 .I never thought I would ever be able to quit

September 27, 2014 6:50 PM

Review by al quit:

For Smoking Cessation: 51 years old. This last week marked my 1st year in 36 years as a smoke free year. Still taking Chantix. Scared to stop but no side effects. Ok I felt nauseous for a min or 2 once or twice a week but I did used to stick an ash tray in my mouth so I will pay that price. Anyways if it works for you and you still think you need to take it that's ok. This is what works for me. Just putting it out there.

September 21, 2014 3:03 AM