User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 654 reviews 19 medications

8.8
Summary of Chantix reviews 654 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "I don't understand why this medication is not doing one thing for me? I know it works for everyone and yet for me, I just don't feel anything except that I want to smoke. I have cheated a little but I am trying. I think I would be just as good trying to quit on my own. I am disappointed because I was so excited to get this medication finally."

sammy24 February 3, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "After over twenty years of smoking, I am finally free. Thank you Chantix. Never felt better."

Rosario2015 February 2, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I used to gamble a lot. After Chantix, I have no urge to gamble. Thanks."

maniak (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "My 11 y/o son requested me to stop smoking. Cold turkey and other alternatives is so hard to do it until I asked my PCP for some help. She prescribed me Chantix since my husband's insurance covers is 100%. Took it for a month and finally was able to stop coz cravings/urge are gone. Only side effect I've experienced is severe headache so my PCP advised me to talk 1/2 dosage since I am small and petite and it works. Smoke free for 10 mos already. Thanks Chantix!"

Madelyne (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I successfully quit on day 6 and stayed for over a year and half with Chantix. I did have a few side effects nausea had to take half doses after day 8, vivid but pleasant dreams and constipation but not sure if that was withdrawal or the Chantix. I recently started back smoking around the anniversary of my husband's passing and started Chantix again 3 days ago. I can already tell the want and desire to smoke is fading and the taste is yuck. I would highly recommend Chantix to anyone that is SERIOUS about quitting."

proud_mommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 28, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "My 6 year old son said he wanted me to quit smoking for his birthday. I started Chantix and was very surprised with the results. I have been smoking for 23 years. My son's birthday is in two days and I have not smoked in 2 weeks. I don't even miss them! I am proud to tell my son that I'm a quitter! I feel great! I even lost 5 pounds in a week! Thank you I could never have done it without Chantix! "Happy 7th Birthday my wonderful Son.""

jnaples (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I never thought I would be able to quit smoking but I did. After the starter pack I only used Chantix for three additional weeks. From there I was able to quit on my own. Five months now. No slip ups."

three marlanas January 21, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I started smoking when i was 16 and today i am 33. I have used Chantix two other times and had no side effects at all. I also have mental issues and my illnesses didnt get worse so i continued the medication finished both times had good results less desires to smoke and the medication was working. Once i was done with the pills i went back to smoking immediatelly. This time i had to pay for my Chantix which with discount was 161.00 for the starter pack...luckily my ex left a two week supply of the 1mg tablets that were still good to get me through. i didnt quit at first after the first week of treatment. i kept smoking but not as much. im 19 days in now off chantix, been one week off treatment...it works!!!!"

Steph6981 January 19, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Had been smoking for over 20 years, kids and wife wanted me to stop. Got my doctor to give me a prescription he gave it to me for 60 days took only two weeks, no side effects no cheating its been 3 years no smoking and I love it."

navydadsr (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I would highly recommend this medication for smoking cessation. It was my saving grace to quitting smoking. I had bad dreams the first two nights when I was taking it in the am and in the evening. I switched the 2nd dose to after lunch and the bad dreams stopped. No other side effects. Absolutely the best medication ever to help you quit smoking."

Kandiselee January 11, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Chantix was the best thing that happens to me, took it 3 months and I feel great smoke free after 35 years."

jfrivera January 9, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I'm 43 and smoked since 18. I tried the patch and gum and could not last more than a week. I tried Chantix and it was mind blowing. Nothing really changed but after the first 2 or 3 days of taking it Cigs just tested awful and I didn't get that "cig fix". It got to a point where it was just why bother? I stopped for a month right off the bat. I stopped taking my meds early as I thought I was "cured". Mistake. I didnt really want another cig until I went drinking. Even then the urge was not too much but just made a bad decision while drunk and thought I missed it. I really didnt and got back and finished my supply of Chantix. For me the only side effect were dreams. Very very weird and crazy dreams. It worked for me."

Ragz January 7, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "The best invention since the wheel!! Its magical, its amazing! Chantix actually makes you NOT want to smoke! I wish I did this years ago. Here's a tip for those who got sickly from it. Maybe the prescribed dosage is too much for your system to handle. Try introducing it to your body slower by extending the lower dose from 1 week to 2-3 weeks, or even cut the lower dose in half. Or maybe all you need is half the dose the entire time. And I recommend tapering off Chantix for a couple weeks when you're finished. Everybody is different, so its worth trying what works for you!"

kimberh (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked for 13 years, tried patches for years and the longest I had done was 1 month. I started the tablets on my 3 week holiday (I did get ill, couldn't sleep properly and was sad) but at the end of the day it worked and I only took 2 weeks worth of the pills before I stopped taking them completely."

Vicky Chan January 5, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Works for me. I do have vivid dreams nothing scary some wonderful but does make me sick. Should be prescribed with weight management medication I hope I am not replacing 1 vice for another."

Janine1108 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I tried Chantix after smoking for 20 years, I did have horrible GI side effects, and vivid weird dreams. I was only able to tolerate for 3 weeks -- BUT, that was all it took to kick my 1 1/2 pack a day habit. I never obsess about smoking like I did when I tried to quit with patches -- then I was following the guy who did smoke around after he went out for his smoke break. I don't think about it, crave it, have any negative thoughts when I see someone ELSE smoking. I love that."

martin13005 (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked at least two packs a day before trying Chantix. I had tried to quit before but I had a feeling of rage and depression when I wasn't smoking. I started taking the medication and around 8 days in the thought of smoking would almost make me sick. when I would smoke there was no satisfaction to be had. I did experience strange dreams and actually had a few blisters in my mouth. I called my doctor who said to continue treatment despite the side effects. The side effects were definitely worth the outcome. I have been tobacco free for almost three years now. I've even went two years without even a single cold which I contribute to no longer smoking."

eric2122 (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "November 2007, I woke up one day and said to my husband, I am calling the doctor because I want to quit smoking. I was up to 3 packs a day. He told me to do what I have to. Called the doc tor and said "Help me quit smoking". He told me to be in his office that afternoon. He gave me a perscription for Chantix. My husband took the script to the pharmacy to get it filled. The pharmacist the script and she looked at it and said to him "Do you realize that this will cost you $180.00 for each month? My husband said, "If this helps her to stop smoking, I will pay whatever I have to." With Chantix it took me 2 1/2 months to quit. I had no side effects whatsoever. I am now 9 years free of smoking. Thank you Chantix."

Weslee December 31, 2014

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 34 years. Thanks to Chantix I quit seven years ago and haven't had a cigarette since! Before Chantix I had tried to quit 3 times (hypnosis, the patch & gum, and cold turkey) and could never make it more than a week before I started smoking again. I was so physically addicted to cigarettes that I would get violently ill (vomiting & diarrhea) when I tried to quit; but that didn't happen with Chantix. I used Chantix according to the directions and never had any side effects. I did chew a lot of gum when I first quit; and I admit, you never quite get over the association of having a cigarette with coffee or after eating etc. But Chantix works if you want to quit - I could never have quit without it."

ItWorkedForMe2 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2014

For Smoking Cessation "I had been a smoker since I was 12 years old (serious smoker by age 16). I really enjoyed smoking and I never thought I would be able to quit. I had tried Nicorette, quitting cold turkey, Zyban and laser therapy - nothing worked. I always ended up going back. I tried Chantix, and within 4 to 5 days noticed that I didn't have the craving any longer, and was forgetting to smoke. I have not smoked in 10 months - not even one cheat! I did visit with my doctor after a month, because I was worried about the side effects of depression. I stayed on the medication for 3 full months. By week 6, I cut the dosage in half, as I was having trouble with insomnia, & weened myself off the dosage at the end. The dreams are entertaining, the gas can be bad."

Lalex66 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 29, 2014

For Smoking Cessation "After smoking 56 years I quit smoking with Chantix."

Mr. Bogg December 29, 2014

For Smoking Cessation "Great"

Mecale December 26, 2014

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked at least 40 years - 2 packs a day. More if I was having a few beers. It's been 6 years since I've smoked!"

mamaselli (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2014

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 30 years and took Chantix for 3 months. That was 7.5 YEARS ago! It was absolutely the best thing I have ever done for myself. I did experience some stomach discomfort and unusual dreams, but they were well worth the result! I would and do recommend this medication for anyone who wants to finally quit!"

WatchT (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2014

For Smoking Cessation "Been smoking for 10-15yrs, Menthol ones at that. Could not kick habit without some assitance. A friend offered to help me on one condition that I quit or she would want her money back. I took the callange. Only side effects that I experienced was weird dreams. Here I am 1yr 6mnths smoke free, and loving it. Thank you Chantix."

Juany-bo December 20, 2014