Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 624 reviews 19 medications

8.8
Summary of Chantix reviews 624 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Chantix

Review by deedeen (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Smoking Cessation: I was a chain smoker. Many people smoked around me and I was the worst one. Very well known for how bad I was. I never tried to quit before. My nurse gave me a few samples of Chantix and It made me sick but I kept taking it. I knew it was making me want smoking less. It saved my life. I have been smoke free for 7 in a half years. I don't even crave it.

November 29, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by trumbull (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: 11/18/14 It has now been 1 month. I would describe week 1 as heck week, no where near the normal fight, and week 2 was easy. Below is what I wrote (Note these reviews also helped me!) I'm 60, smoked for 45 years, stopped cigarettes with Chantix, and then went to cigars about a year later. (Stupid, didn't think I would inhale) I thought it might help others by doing a monthly update. In this case it is day 9, 1 day since my stop date. I feel great, no desire to smoke. A few thoughts, but then I think about the Easy Way To Stop Smoking book. Both Chantix and the book believe the easiest way to stop is to do it nicotine free, meaning no patches, gum etc. Chantix is great for the addiction, and the book for the brainwashing. Good luck to al

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by Liz C. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked a pack a day for almost 10 years before I took Chantix. That was 2 1/2 years ago. I haven%u2019t smoked since day 3 on Chantix. It takes away the physical addiction 100%. Smoking goes from being a pleasurable experience to an experience I think would be similar to licking a dirty ashtray. Trust me%u2026this stuff works! The medicine also keeps your withdrawal symptoms in check so you can be a normal functional person when you're at work and with your loved ones. It%u2019s nice. An added benefit: there%u2019s a high likelihood that your insurance will pay for the total cost (which makes sense--getting you to quit saves everyone a lot of money in the long run). It was free for me. It probably is for you, too. Give it a shot.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 17, 2014 3:27 PM

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked a pack and a half for 31 years took Chantix for 2 weeks with no side effects have not had a smoke for a year and half and have not wanted one thanks Chantix

November 12, 2014 7:20 PM

Review by Lmcjsl:

For Smoking Cessation: Chantix was terrible for me. Made me so nauseous I could not get out of bed. For me it gave me headaches and made me feel "hungover" all day long. Also I could not sleep more than 2 hours a night. Now it did make me not want to smoke but I can't be under those conditions all day everyday. So after 9 days I'm stopping.

November 10, 2014 1:32 PM

For Smoking Cessation: Awesome. No side affects at all. A little stomach ache for 5 minutes after taking pill, but goes away fast. Been smoke free for 3 months. Feel great.

November 5, 2014 9:05 PM

Review by Merton tech:

For Smoking Cessation: Second time trying Chantix. First time help me stop smoking for six months but made me crazy. This time doc recommended taking half dose so far four weeks all good.

October 26, 2014 7:14 PM

Review by msjennifer13 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: I asked my Dr. 2 years ago to prescribe this and she didn't want to. She put me on Wellbutrin instead. Well it did absolutely nothing for quiting smoking. Went back last week to see about getting Chantix and she did prescribe it. I am simply amazed how this is working! I've been smoking for 30 years and never thought it would be this easy. The only thing I have to do when I start thinking about smoking is to remember why I'm quitting. Which is a lot right now but completely manageable. Wish she would have prescribed this when I asked 2 years ago.

October 23, 2014 2:54 AM

Review by Mandydidit:

For Smoking Cessation: I didn't want to quit smoking but knew I had to. At first I smoked while on the Chantix, but soon I found myself not interested in it. I smoked for 16 years, 1/2 a pack a day, and it worked! I had some side effects, weird dreams and slight depression but made it through and I feel great! It's been 6 months now free of smoking! I recommend Chantix!

October 21, 2014 2:31 PM

Review by Owen M Reppert:

For Smoking Cessation: I started smoking August 28 1983, tried to quit several times. Took Chantix for 3 weeks haven't had the thought or care for a smoke since February 14 2014.

October 20, 2014 8:35 PM

Review by michaela10:

For Smoking Cessation: I've been a smoker for 10 years. I have tried the gum, patches, and the vaporizer ciggs, nothing worked. Nothing worked because I wanted to smoke, I enjoyed it. I'm on day 18 of Chantix and this is my first day without a cigarette. I'm having all the side effects, nausea, vomiting, gas, constipation, dreams, cant sleep, and don't have energy. I wonder if this pill is made to do this so you wont want to smoke? I'm going to be a trooper and finish up my packet of pills, but the side effects are enough to make a person want to quit. I will say it reduces your cravings, and makes a cigarette taste nasty. I'm hoping that all these side effects are worth it in the long run.

October 16, 2014 2:48 PM

Review by dawn was:

For Smoking Cessation: Tried it and quit within 2 weeks. That was 6 years ago

October 14, 2014 7:30 PM

Review by Pattioh59:

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for 41 yrs and tried to quit on my own no luck. I tried the patch ha ha I could have plastered my body in them and no luck. Could not use the gum as I lost 12 teeth in a horse accident but I tried Chantix and only got a little tense a few times but it made it so easy for me. I gave been tobacco free 2 yrs in February. Thank you Chantix.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by robsinmd:

For Smoking Cessation: I took Chantix for 11 weeks and quit smoking on week 3. I have smoked off and on for 20 years. Using Chantix was 100 X easier than quitting cold turkey, therefore I'm giving it a high rating, however the side effects of it were horrible. I wasn't truly honest with my doctor of the side effects, which was wrong looking back. I became so depressed and withdrawn and sometimes would lay in the bedroom and just eat! in fact I ate a lot and gained 35 pounds in 12 Weeks. so I stress caution for anyone using it although I will say it does help quit smoking. 2 weeks

October 7, 2014 5:33 PM

Review by beckyloo:

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked sometimes 2 packs of cigarettes a day just depending on what I was doing or who I was around and I started smoking when I was 15yrs old and I quit 4yrs years ago in 2010 .I never thought I would ever be able to quit

September 27, 2014 6:50 PM

Review by al quit:

For Smoking Cessation: 51 years old. This last week marked my 1st year in 36 years as a smoke free year. Still taking Chantix. Scared to stop but no side effects. Ok I felt nauseous for a min or 2 once or twice a week but I did used to stick an ash tray in my mouth so I will pay that price. Anyways if it works for you and you still think you need to take it that's ok. This is what works for me. Just putting it out there.

September 21, 2014 3:03 AM

Review by tracjono (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I started taking Chantix in August after filling the prescription in late June. I had read so many reviews on mood, behavior, emotional changes I was so afraid to take it. I had to make a decision and finally started the first week of August. The first 2 days I had severe nausea and confusion. I called my doctor they advised to take right after a meal. I did that the next day and had no nausea or confusion. I'm so glad I did not give up on this medicine. To be honest I have had a few cigarettes here and there. I guess after smoking since I was 16 (now 42) it's a hard habit to break. I don't even enjoy smoking at all. I take a couple puffs and the taste is so disgusting in my mouth I put the cigarette out. I'm done smoking . Go for it.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2014 9:51 AM

Review by Deezy12345678 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I love Chantix! It's amazing. Only side effects I had was a little nauseous and some gas, but only if I didn't eat something or drink water with it, very very mild tiredness, nothing a coffee or coke couldn't resolve quickly, and very wild and vivid dreams almost realistic, but to be honest I really enjoyed them. I have like no desire to smoke whatsoever. Strangest/ coolest thing in the world.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2014 3:24 PM

Review by dshutt:

For Smoking Cessation: Took Chantix for one month and quit smoking after smoking for 32 years. Had no side effects. stopped smoking on 3rd week an stopped taking Chantix after 4th week. Been smoke free for 3 months. My insurance didn't pay for Chantix but it was worth every penny.

August 29, 2014 12:46 AM

Review by Karen0923:

For Smoking Cessation: I have been smoke free for 10 weeks now. I have smoked for over 30 years, at least a pack a day, I did not think I would ever kick the habit. Chantix is amazing, after 5 days on the medicine cigarettes were making me feel so sick that I threw them away. I have not slipped up once, I can honestly say I did not miss smoking. I feel so much better, more energy, can smell and taste better. I have had no side effects, no weight gain either, actually a little weight loss probably because I am out walking about more now as I have more stamina. Do not hesitate to try this medicine, it is a lifesaver.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2014 8:17 PM

Review by epronk (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: Smoked for close to 40 years. Never tried to quit but wife had melanoma and I could not see myself taking her to a cancer waiting room smelling like a cigratte. Took Chantix for the first 3 days while smoking (tasted like straw); took the full dose on a Thursday and by Friday stopped taking Chantix (made me feel weird). Who cares. Haven't smoked in 5 years, have had absolutely no desire to smoke (or take Chantix). Try it. You have nothing to lose.

August 11, 2014 3:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: Within in a month I had quit smoking after 47 years. My wife and son was so thankful to the manufactors of Chantix. I have wanted to quit for a long time and just did not have the will power to do it. Thanks to Chantix, the suppport of my family and friends. At 64 I am smoke free and I am going to stay smoke free. If there was some way for me to plead with every smoker out there to get Chantix and give it an honest try to quit, I am pretty sure if they want to quit there will be a 100% success rate.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2014 11:36 AM

Review by Guyb (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I never once in forty years even tried to quit smoking. I recently had a c5 c6 c7 neck fusion. The bones have not healed due to my smoking. My dr advised me to try Chantix. So I took my start week pills. On the eighth day threw them out. I'm one month smoke free. Which I think is a miracle. No side effects at all. I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to quit.

July 13, 2014 8:51 AM

Review by WRSJR (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: After 47 years of smoking, I quit, with the aid of Chantix, on December 1st, 2013. It is now seven months that I have been smoke free and I honestly do not miss it. In the past, I tried pills, gum, e-cigarettes, patches, hypnotism....all without success. I am truly amazed by this product and thankful that it was recommended to me.

June 29, 2014 8:16 PM

Review by misty conner (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: I did Chantix before and I quit for about 3 months found out I had a tumor and started smoking again. Well I took my first Chantix pill again, I am a back to back smoker and I smoked 2 cigs in a row and got nauseous than I went out smoked 2 more and made me nauseous and than I threw up yep I'm done no more smoking for me.

June 29, 2014 6:36 AM