Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 592 reviews 19 medications

8.8
Summary of Chantix reviews 592 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Chantix

Review by Dften (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: There is no doubt in my mind that Chantix made it possible for me to stop smoking. I personally did not suffer any significant side effects. I will say that while the medication reduced the physical cravings almost completely, the emotional aspect of not smoking still existed. There were times I didn't feel life was worth living without smoking because I missed it that much but it was emotional craving. Because of this I still needed 150 percent commitment to quitting.

April 28, 2014 12:07 PM

Review by repeatuser (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: This is my 3rd time taking Chantix. The 1st time I took it for 3 months and quit smoking for 3.5yrs. I experienced the dreams but no other side effects. The 2nd time I took it for 1 month & quit smoking for 6 months. I still had the dreams but had nausea also. This time I've been on it for 4 wks, smoke free for 3wks. I'm having the dreams and had nausea for only the 2&3wk, but in the 2wk I started experiencing more side effects. I started feeling tired lazy bummed and in a bit of a depressive state. In the 3wk I became paranoid and obsessive with racing thoughts. Its hard to focus and now in the 4th wk I question if I'm hallucinating or dreaming. No thoughts of suicide. I quit taking it today & hope to stay smoke free.

April 27, 2014 6:24 PM

Review by SeanS (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: Okay, so I've decided to share my experience. I have been on Chantix now for this would be start of day 4. It is irritating, I have been smoking but I'm not getting the effect I normally would. The smoke feels different, tastes different, and I'm starting to feel like they are a waste of time or that I just don't want one once I start one.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 14, 2014 10:12 AM

Review by Lynn76:

For Smoking Cessation: I have smoked for five years and have tried to quit three times and nothing worked. I have a new grandbaby and decided to the leap and ask for Chantix, I am on day 5 and everytime I try to smoke they taste nasty. I have no side effects. I eat then take it with a full glass of water. This is the best and I am so happy to break the chains of this addiction.

April 13, 2014 6:51 PM

Review by SRX440:

For Smoking Cessation: I had used chewing tobacco for 30 years and wanted to quit, my Doctor prescribed Chantix, one thing he told me to do was to take the second daily dose in the afternoon rather than in the evening to help prevent strange dreams and I never did have any. Make sure you eat something before taking to prevent upset stomach. Chantix did make me feel paranoid and nervous and I did worry more than normal and I couldn't drink while on it, I had one drink after I had started it and the next day I had the worst hangover I had ever had, actually I haven't drank now since I quit Chantix since I no longer have a desire to do so. All in all I feel it is very effective.

April 13, 2014 5:56 AM

Review by Jen T- RN:

For Smoking Cessation: I started Chantix about two months ago and I can't say enough about how absolutely amazing this medication has worked for me. I could feel a difference by day two and I have been completely smoke free since week one. I have about a month left in my prescription and I continue to take it. I have refills for the year if I feel I need it but I have no desire whatsoever to smoke and I just want to say thank you to the medicine for hopefully saving my life. I'm a 42 year old RN and I have been smoking 5 years. Not real long but long enough. I had a crazy dream night one and nothing since- no side effects at all. I was nervous to start the medicine due to the stories we have all heard but I figured the benefit outweighed the risk. Good decision.

April 11, 2014 12:31 PM

Review by Jowl it (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I'm 43yrs old been smoking since I'm 16, 2 packs a day for probably the last 10, menthol nonetheless. Took Chantix for 12 weeks before my quit day, that's how bad I am as a smoker and now I'm on day 11 without a puff and no cravings! My mental state is ecstatic knowing I don't smoke and better physically every day. Thank you Chantix!

April 10, 2014 6:48 PM

Review by aaronbriscoe (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I really am that guy who has a VERY strong addictive personality. I try something... BOOM... I am addicted. I was a 2-3 pack a day smoker and honestly thought i would never quit after 18 years of smoking. Then I decided to drop take Chantix and BAM! I was smoke free after one week. I am now 6 months free from the chains of those little cancer sticks.

March 29, 2014 4:41 PM

Review by MOMof3inOC:

For Smoking Cessation: I have smoked for over 20 years. I took Chantix and smoked for the first 3 weeks. I did however notice after the 7th day that cigarettes were not as enjoyable. I stopped on the 3rd week because I was bored with smoking. I am now just 6 days smoke free but feel amazing! I smell good, I can breathe better and have saved enough to buy some nice perfume which I can still smell on me at the end of the day. My smokers cough is even going away. I am having the strange dreams but that is the only side effect. Chantix makes it so easy. I am going to continue to take it a few more weeks to be sure this monkey is off my back and I plan to stay smoke free forever. Thank you Chantix- Update- 3/25/14 - 2 weeks smoke free and the urge is gone!

March 25, 2014 12:13 PM

Review by slimboss07 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: I don't feel the need to smoke but feel withdrawals from the lack of cigarettes. A bit irritable, no bad dream's or anything like that. I am on my 11th day and for the last 2 days I have had 3 cigarettes total. Sometimes I feel an urge to do something or like there is something I have to do. Feel a bit confused at times. I have not taken my second dose of the day. I only take the second dose if I felt the urge to smoke which now I don't feel.

March 24, 2014 8:28 PM

Review by ex smoker after 52 years:

For Smoking Cessation: Born again that's how I feel 3 weeks smoke free and I get stronger every day. Can't believe how much better I feel thanks to chantix I'm so happy. I never thought I could quit no matter what but I was wrong and I know i'll never go back. I'm free and like I said I feel so good.

March 17, 2014 5:08 PM

Review by Enjoying life:

For Smoking Cessation: I had tried many times many promises all to no avail. Now I get to enjoy my grand kids. Had I not quit smoking there is no doubt I would not be with them it's been 5 yrs now thanks Chantix.

March 16, 2014 11:01 PM

Review by steph42 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: I'm on day 8 of Chantix and I've had really no side effects. I am having dreams which I usually don't. I've been smoking in and of since 15 and now 42. I've quit many times in my own sometimes for 3 years and always go back. I'm really determined this time and I feel like the Chantix is working because I don't feel like smoking at all. I did smoke one today. Today is my quit day and I did smoke the first 7 days. Normally I'm half pack a day smoker. I think it's worth trying. I feel like its going to work for me.

March 16, 2014 9:15 PM

Review by CEL5 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I was very motivated to stop smoking back in 2012. I got a prescription for it May 12, 2012 and filled it. However, I did not take it! It expired on December of 2013; therefore, I didn't want to throw away the $176.28 I spent (cash) on it, so I decided to start taking it at the end of December. Well, it expired and I finally started taking it on on the 7th of February. I figured it was barely expired, so it wouldn't hurt. At this point, I was NOT motivated to quit at all. I just didn't want to waste the money that was spent on it. I haven't smoked for 26 days! I'm on the continuing pack now and NOW my insurance covers it. MD wants me on it for 6 months. Anyone can quit with Chantix! It's nothing like quitting cold turkey.

March 13, 2014 1:23 AM

Review by Ladyhawk60:

For Smoking Cessation: I was in a quit smoking class when we got to the day of 'ok' today is the day what do each of you want to use to 'help' you succeed I'd done my homework and asked for Chantix I followed the directions to the letter chose a day counted back to make the 'week' and began.. That was Oct 9th 2013. Today is March 12th, 2014 I have one week left of Chantix and will be done... I have slipped a time or two and laughingly tried I said laughingly because one puff and I was going yuck, and never made it past that puff, 154 days smoke free except for a couple puffs I don't intend to beat myself up for. I've had no side effects just the ability without going crazy to quit a 42 yr habit. Thanks Chantix for making it an easier journey.

March 12, 2014 10:51 AM

Review by Trina Lavine:

For Smoking Cessation: So I was reading all of the comments and felt the need to write my own. Today is only my SECOND DAY on Chantix and do I ever feel a difference. I have no urge to smoke already, but I still do because its so routine. I had 1 cigarette this morning and towards the end of it, did it ever taste so nasty. I can feel already a stronger sense of smell and tastes and I feel like this is really going to work for me so early on. I wasn't ready to quit at all. I had the pills laying around in the house and I had to look for something and came across the Chantix box I got about three months ago and it just hit me then like its time and I am happy this happened.

March 11, 2014 9:30 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for almost 20 years and I had smoked between 1 to 2 packs a day. I quit smoking going on to my 3rd week of using Chantix and I also quit taken Chantix at the end of my 3rd week. It's now been 7 years and 3 month that I been smoke FREE... I never had any side effects nor any bad dreams.

March 5, 2014 10:15 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: Chantix relieved the need to smoke after 45 years of smoking. As a nurse, I knew the risks of smoking but could not stop until my doctor suggested Chantix. Two weeks after starting Chantix, I was a non smoker. It's great.

March 5, 2014 5:26 PM

Review by JuliePA:

For Smoking Cessation: I have finally stopped smoking! I continued to smoke well into 6 weeks on it but was able to cut down to 5 a day instead of 1-2 packs a day before I quit all the way. One side effect I haven't seen very often is illness. I have had two sinus infections a horrible cold and bronchitis all within a few months and come to find out a little known Chantix side effect is immune suppressant. I am ok with this as being sick also helped me finally kick the habit. Its hard to smoke when you can hardly breath but I was starting to think something was seriously wrong with me as I hardly ever got sick until I researched the side effects a little more.

March 4, 2014 2:13 PM

Review by pragmatic11 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I smoked for over thirty years. I tried to quit numerous times using a vaiety of other smoking cessation aids and techniques including the patch, gum,hypnotism, cold turkey etc.. Over three and a half years ago, my physician suggested Chantix. Within two months I was smoke free and have never looked back. I had absolutely no side effects and and almost immediate effects in that I had no craving for cigarettes. Thank God for this product!

March 2, 2014 7:51 AM

Review by tlee143 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Smoking Cessation: I'm 31 yrs old- female. Been smoking 16 yrs about pack a day. I'm still smoking and just started my 3rd week on Chantix however I feel I do NOT need cigarettes anymore. Yesterday I smoked 1 cigarette and didn't enjoy any of it. I find myself only smoking still so that I find it more disgusting and no longer will want it (in the future). I have 4 cigarettes left in pack and will NOT be buying anymore. I don't think about running outside every 30 mins to an hour. And when I do think about having one I actually get turned off and end up forgetting about it. When I started Chantix I wasn't totally ready to quit but I'm there now. Side effects hit me about 2 weeks into it- mild constipation, quick to be irritable (but doesn't last) headaches (pain relievers help).

March 1, 2014 11:07 AM

Review by Gabby. B:

For Smoking Cessation: I started taking Chantix on January 16th, 2014. First off, I did not pick a quit date; I let it pick me. I smoked since I was in middle school faithfully, and I will be 48 this year. I started with the 0.5 mg a day for 7 days and honestly, the cigarettes started tasting like metal on the 3rd day. This evening, I will be finishing up my 5th week on Chantix and I feel good. I would smoke maybe 1 cigarette a day during the first week and then, I had no desire to spend anymore money on a pack of smokes that now cost over $7.00. I must admit that I did put on about 15 lbs within the month because I needed something to do with my hands because I was so used to having a cigarette in my hand. This Chantix works for me....A diehard smoker.

February 26, 2014 1:10 PM

Review by Frenchy111:

For Smoking Cessation: In two weeks I'll have been smoke free for 6 MONTHS! I think about this often and laugh to myself and sometimes do a little victory shimmy when I'm alone, of course. I'm 30, I've been smoking for 12 years, I grew tired of hiding in weird places to smoke. I started taking the pills when I wasn't yet ready to quit but I'm better off. I took the first two weeks of these pills and that was it. The last cigarette felt like I'd gone outside, picked up a tree branch and tried to smoke it. Chantix, luckily allows you to continue smoking through the first week, I smoked into the 4th day of the second week and that unpleasant experience hit me like I ton of bricks. I experienced ZERO side effects, this medicine affects everyone differently.

February 19, 2014 2:41 PM

Review by Schwartz Stephen:

For Smoking Cessation: So I've been smoking for five years. I have tried quitting 3 times in the past, with patches, gum, and cold turkey. None of that worked out very well at all. So I decided to try this out, and it works great! I have maybe one craving a day for a very brief amount of time then it goes away. DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL while on Chantix. I'm not going to give you all the details but lets just say thanks God for good friends. So please don't drink while taking this medicine.

February 18, 2014 1:45 PM

Review by Harley987 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Smoking Cessation: I have quit 3 times and it's been my own weakness. This is my last time. The more you relapse the more you realize you do not want to smoke. I have gone both times 8 months. It's always at the most stressful occasion, the last was being laid off at 64 after 13 years. This last Chantix event has been rough but I have cut back on the dosage. I've been on it about 6 weeks. It's not taking as long as it did the first time because I have begun to hate the smoke smell and dependence worse than the enjoyment that I had 2 years ago. I could never stop without it. Try it, make adjustments, if it doesn't work, so be it. I quit on the 13th of February, I hope, for the last time. Don't ever give up, please. Drink as much water as you can.

February 15, 2014 2:50 PM