User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 691 reviews 19 medications

8.9
Summary of Chantix reviews 691 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "I am new to this, but want to share. I am 50, smoked heavily almost 40 years. have tried to quit many times, but never could go more than a couple days. I took Chantix exactly as prescribed set my quit date (8 days), now I am smoke free for 10 days with no negative side affects. But, I will say, I don't drink or have other forms of addiction. Chantix makes me feel like I never smoked before, on a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 20! I recommend it to anyone who wants to quit!"

Andy stro (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I just started Chantix and am only on day 4, so I am still smoking. I can tell changes already due to the taste. I no longer want to smoke, it has been great. If the rest of the treatment goes to plan I know this will work."

Soon to be father (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Great and I've been two years smoke free thank you so much"

tisssy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Using Chantix, I quit after a 40 year habit. Good stuff. A life saver"

Mikey1963 April 7, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am a proven success story!!!! I started taking chantix in 2013. I had GREAT success with this product. To this day, I am a NON-SMOKER and very proud of that. But I couldn't have done it without chantix. I had been smoking cigarettes for about 20 yrs and I thought I would die still smoking. At first it made me a little nauseated while taking it but after a couple of weeks the side effects went away. I never had ANY suicidal thoughts. I am just a normal everyday woman and mother. I wanted to quit smoking for myself and my children. I want to be around to see my grandkids grow up. Thank you to Chantix, my dreams will now come true. I feel as thou I owe my life and gratitude to the makers of Chantix. They have given me my life back!!"

Stephanie Maes April 6, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Fantastic. I quit smoking after over 20 years."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "It worked amazing. I smoked over a pack a day. I've been smoke free for over a year and half now. I highly recommend it to anyone. My blood pressure has lowered and as well as cholesterol. My teeth are amazing and gums have actually regenerized themselves. Best decision I've ever done."

Jessica t March 30, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I was 12 years old when I started smoking and smoked for 31 years and got up to 3 packs a day. The VA facility that I went to told me that they do not cover Chantix but my doctor wrote me a prescription and I was more than happy to pay. Terrified of not having that cigarette, it took me two days before I would take one. The first day I smoked maybe 3 cigs, the second maybe 2 and by the first week I didn't even light up. I didn't seem to have a lot the side affects, but I did have weird dreams and believe it or not bed wetting a couple of times. After the second full week of Chantix I felt like I didn't want to or care to have another cigarette so I went off of it. This July 1st I will be 10 years smoke free. Thank you Chantix!!!!!"

Bruce in Louisville March 30, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I have smoked for 29 yrs. I have never tried to quit because I was afraid of the withdraw. I started chantix 9 days ago, I smoked for the first week .but everyday I smoked a little less then the day before.I felt very proud of myself but I still feared the 8 the day when u are supposed to not smoke at all. I got up didn't smoke ,in the afternoon I tried to smoke a CIG.I put it out after hitting it a couple times and now its 2 in the afternoon the next day and I haven't lit up I feel good.not craving a CIG .at all so far so good. Thank you chantix."

Dawn.A. March 24, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am STUNNED at how well this is working!!! I was a heavy an committed smoker. I have never been able to quit for even one single full day. I am currently on day 13 of taking Chantix. I have had exactly 2 cigarettes in the past 4 days. For the overwhelming majority of the time, I do not think about smoking. There are still moments in the day when triggers happen that make me want to smoke, but they are getting less and less severe all the time. I really am in disbelief. The only side effect that I can think of is that my dreams are a little more vivid and memorable than usual. Some of them lweave me feeling anxious, but they're not what you would call nightmares either. Other than that I am trying to drink lots of water and I think helps."

Applejackson (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I've smoked for almost 20 years and lately, I've started smoking up to a pack per day. I LOVED the vivid and nightly dreams but hated the nausea. I called my doc and asked for Zofran to counteract Chantix. I take it 30 min. prior to taking Chantix. Let me tell you...I have not gotten sick ONCE, since!!!!! SCORE!!! I also LOVE that you just simply lose the urge to want to smoke! You don't have to fight yourself to NOT light up! Totally worth it! The dreams...are a BONUS!!!!!!"

Doll81 March 24, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "2nd time using Chantix. It worked the first and its working this time! And this I will never touch another cigarette!"

Prince fan (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "It's amazing what this medicine does!! I have been a smoker for 15-16 yrs. I was up to a pack a day easily. I'm on week 3 and have already quit smoking! I don't get the dreams others talk about mine are just normal. I was kinda wanting the dreams as I don't dream much lol. My only side affect to report is I do wake up in the middle of the night only once though and I'm able to go right back to sleep. I quit in 2007 with the patch and let me tell you Chantix is way easier! My insurance paid my RX 100% which was a wonderful surprises at checkout. If you have tried it all and wasn't able to quit you really should try Chantix! Why? Because it works!! Get your life back get your money back too Happy Quitting :)"

ladybug36 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 23 years, I was very addicted. I even smoked during both my pregnancies but I couldn't even quit then. Finally, after 3 weeks on Chantix, I quit. It has been almost a year and a half. I didn't have any side effects. "

mel0ymelmelymel March 18, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I am a 49 year old female, I have smoked for over 33 year's and believe it or not I really enjoyed smoking and didn't or wouldn't quit. My PCP has been on me for years to quit I had a lot of breathing issues and always sick with chest congestion, wheezing, coughing I having a hard time breathing but I was still smoking. I went on a trip with my daughter and when we got to the hotel I opened my suit case and the smell of smoke was so awful I told her when we get home I'm done. I took Chantix for 2 months and it's been 9 months. Smoke free. I had no side effects at all."

ihoule (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Excellent "

christa332004 March 16, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I LOVED smoking and tried several times to go cold turkey and failed miserably. And I tried Chantix twice before it actually worked. The first two times I was given just the starter packet because I was having surgery and I smoked right through those. The third time I was given the full regiment and by the beginning of the third packet I no longer had a craving to smoke. And get this my friends my pardner is a heavy smoker and still I don't feel the cravings. Of course we never have smoked in the house which is a blessing ( I don't have smokey walls and windows to clean). And I was a two to three pack a day smoker. It's been a year and I can honestly say I'm a non-smoker. Thank you Chantix!"

Sami 53 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I was a 30 year pack a day smoker. I took Chantix and in 3 weeks I had totally quit. .no side effects,felt great. It is now 7 years I am smoke free and, I never miss it . thank you Chantix"

llbreezell March 10, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 15 years. Chantix is a God send. However I had two rounds of it before I quit. It helps with the cravings and after a week on this medicine it makes the cigarettes taste awful, this was my mistake I kept smoking and got used to the change. Well fast forward another 6 months after I was off Chantix for a while I started again and stopped after about 2 weeks when the cigarettes started tasting funny again. And that was 7 years ago. I literally owe this medicine my life. My life that I can now spend more time with my daughter and she will not grow up around second hand smoke. It did give me nausea when I took it but only lasted from 20 minutes to an hour. But what is a little nausea compared to being able to stop smoking."

kerasdad (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "was great."

my byrdman (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for thirty years. I took Chantix and by the third week I no longer had the urge to smoke. I had a little nausea for a few days but it wasn't bad. Did have some crazy sex dreams. I am 65 and have been quit for 7 years. Best thing I ever did when I took Chantix. It works!"

Karen s. February 25, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 18 years and never thought I could quit. I wasn't one of those social smokers...I NEEDED it. I would turn into a different and mean person when I had to go more than 2 hours without smoking. I tried the gum, lozenges and E-cig. Nothing worked, and then there was Chantix! It was amazing how it just took the urges away. I still wanted a cigarette out of habit, but not in the same way that I needed one before. I would have tried this years ago had I known. I have been smoke free for 5 months now. There is a downside though. I had bad side effects the first 2 weeks. I felt so strange and not myself at all. The side effects did go away completely, so if you stick it out, it is well worth it!"

Smokefree February 25, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "its been a couple weeks on chantix, and I finshed my pack of cigs for two days then cut back to 3 a day for 3 days. Now I havent had any for five days and I feel like I never smoked. I don't even think about it. I wanted to write in here to let everyone curious about starting chantix to ignore the horror stories and try it for your self. I have tried the patch and lasted nine months, and having a cig was all I thought about the whole time, it was awful. chantix has no nicotine and its been wonderful. As it states on the box, please take it with a meal as it does make you very nauseous if you don't. The only other side effect I had was it made me extremely tired the first two or three days."

Natkierz (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Quitting was effortless!! I did have nausea throughout the entire treatment after taking the pill for a couple hours and has done very vivid, sometimes horrible dreams, but the side effects were worth it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Today is my one year anniversary of being smoke free - thank you Chantix! I took this for 3 months, and weened myself off of it the same way I began it. I also cut the dosage down to one pill a day at the 6-week mark. I checked in with my doctor after a month about depression (this and and the weening off of the medcine I believe are very important to success). I had some tough days, but really clear thinking and the ability to say no when a craving would come over me. I smoked for 35 years...If I can do it, so can you!"

Lalex66 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2015