User Reviews for Monistat

Vaginal Yeast Infection 20 reviews 60 medications

3.6
Summary of Monistat reviews 20 reviews 3.6

Reviews for Monistat

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I wish I read the earlier reviews to prepare myself. Oh my goodness this itches quite a bit, is that seriously wrong? Cause I know hydrogen peroxide itches and burns when it's cleaning a cut maybe that's the same thing.... I havent tried the itch cream that comes with it but that's for external use and the itching is internal with warnings on the box not to scratch. Gonna be a rough night."

Ehwhydoievenbother April 21, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Micanozole also used in Monistat yes is one of the worse feeling creams for a yeast infection . I & several others have switched to a another cream called Clotrimazole instead. It is literally the opposite. It has NO BURNING or tingling. I don't know how people stand Miconazole or Monistat. It like putting yourself thru all that pain. NOW PLEASE UNDERSTAND, this medicine may take 2 doses where monistat may take 1 use. This means If you use monistat 3 , then you would need to buy two of the Clotrimazole 3 to do the job typically. If you buy the 1 day then you would need to buy two 1 day boxes of this.. Its milder so it takes a little longer , BUT... THERE IS NO PAIN! So I say give me pain free results. I'll take more days."

OTC alternative April 17, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have had yeast infections in the past, but I have never tried this medicine for one before! Like everyone else as soon as I put the cream in I felt constant itching! Itching so bad I wanted to cry because it wouldn't stop! I just got out of the shower from trying to get all of it out! I feel a lot better now! I recommend going straight to the doctor and get the pills, so you don't have to waste your money on this product."

Anonymous March 18, 2016

"I had some mild itching so I used Monistat Itch Cream. Im in such terrible pain now, it hurts and burns when I urinate and now I've started to bleed. The pain was so bad I almost fainted."

Rml71815 March 18, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "The worst experience of my life. Do NOT buy this. I'm writing this as I am basically dying of pain and itch right now. I am burning and honestly just on fire down there. Do not use this ever"

Anonymous March 12, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Like many of you I felt the burning and itching. I'm taking the 3 day cream. I'm currently on my third night of taking it and without a doubt this last night has been the worst HOWEVER I am feeling much better in regards to the YI. I was so itchy before and today I felt ten times better. Yes the cream burns and itches but in the long run it made me feel so much better. Just have to suck it up and go for it."

xpieceof4everx (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Medicine is worse than the yeast. Burns and itchs after application. I have the three day pack, and this last day is no better than the first. "

Anonymous February 10, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This was my first time treating a yeast infection. I got the 3 day cure... Let me tell you... This burned so bad I had to take a bath to rinse it all out. I was on the tail end of my YI, it was clearing up by itself. And this burning and itching hurt 10x more than the infection itself. I almost started crying."

Bitti February 5, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I've had many yeast infections before and twice I've experienced one of the worst feelings ever. I literally put the medicine in and five minutes later I feel burning and itching. It is extremely unbearable. I'd rather deal with a YI for life than to deal with this. Only thing I can say is it does relieve the YI but makes you suffer for it."

Fire crotch November 23, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Okay, so i had my forts YI and i went to get Monistat, I'm doing the 7 day treatment. The first night i inserted to cream while laying down, stood to turn me light off and seconds later i got the most intense itching feeling ive ever had in my life, i wanted to crawl out of my skin. My pain tolerance is very high but this was hell. The next morning i showered and there was a huge relief. Long story made short, hell yeah it burns/itches but at the end of those 7 days you're squeaky clean!"

Katie2299 November 4, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I'm 21 and this is my first yeast infection. I got the Monistat 7 day treatment after my best friend recommended it, terrible idea. This is my 4th night and it still burns and itches after I insert it. The itching goes away after 45 minutes or so, but the burning decides to stick around and play with my emotions for a while. I've even developed some spotting while I've been using this that occurs each day.. However, I had my boyfriend take a peak and he says that it looks like it's clearing up. That won't be enough for me to continue using this product though, I'm raising my flag and I'm giving up, the pain isn't worth my loss of sleep."

Angry Punanny (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So I just used this for the first time about and hour ago and I was in an unbearable amount of pain. The burning sensation was so bad I was balling my eyes out and I had to use a warm wash cloth to wipe it off. I do not recommend. Unless you want to sit through over an hour of excruciating pain."

love1D125 September 21, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "All I've got to say is that my hoo ha is on FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Anonymous August 20, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I'm 15 and This is my 1 night using monistat 7 and boy do I tell you! The itch is extremely bad!!! The itch is coming from the inside and I'm in tears of how bad it itches! It's so bad I've lost track of time but I've been itching now for about 40 mins and its eased just a bit, no more crying but I'll continue the product"

Itch!!!! (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I got the 7-day to treat a yeast infection. The first night I used it, it rocked. It was like my vagina was being fanned with nice miniature cotton swabs or something. Such relief. No burning at all. However, it is my second night, 30 minutes after application and it hurts like hell. Severe burning around the opening of my vagina and I can feel it starting to itch even more. This is agony. Honestly would rather have the yeast infection."

OW! (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I'm 19 and I have no idea what is going on with my body just last week I has strep and now this. The antibiotics I was put on made my "flower" burn and itch. I thought I could handle it if I gently wiped and washed but it didn't go away. I bought vagisil creme to help the irration, it helped some but yet burn. I was then sure it was something more. I bought the monistat 7 today and I used the first application and boy do I regret it! At first it felt fine and like 5 seconds later I had a horrible itchy sensation, and it began to burn. I felt myself cringe and legs together and it was unbearable! I jumped in the shower and washed it out and all off of my area. I'm now laying in bed with and ice pack on it. Good lord!"

Jas1204729 July 28, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I'm 15. The first time I got one was during the winter of 2014. I used monistat 7, and after a really really long week. It got better from what I remember. It burns and itches so bad once the cream is inserted, which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to sleep.:( I didn't get it to make me itch and burn more! This month in May, I got another from taking antibiotics, fighting another infection. I had an extra box left over and the redness and itch relief cream to add to the redness and itchiness through out the day. It's horrible at first, but give it time."

Debbie Gee May 27, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "It does not work for treating recurrent yeast infections and there is burning and itching after insertion. If you do not get them often it is okay."

webergirl426 December 24, 2009

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Though it did do it's job, had a lot of burning and irritation. Hopefully this doesn't happen to everyone. Good luck trying to sleep or do anything for that matter! "

Anonymous October 8, 2009

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I've looked online for lots of reviews for Monistat. I've used it in the past and every time I have horrible burning and irritation right after applying. It was worse than the yeast infection itself. Took hours for me to just be able to sleep."

Anonymous September 21, 2009

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is my first time using Monistat 3 and it works GREAT and FAST. The first night I used it, I was experiencing itching and overall irritation and the next morning I had very, very minor irritation and no itching, as if the infection cleared overnight. I would definitely use this again! It works wonders."

Anonymous July 25, 2009