Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus

Also known as: Acidophilus, Acidophilus Extra Strength, Acidophilus Probiotic Blend, Bacid (LAC), Flora-Q, Flora-Q 2, Novaflor, RisaQuad, RisaQuad 2, Superdophilus

Learn more about Lactobacillus acidophilus.

Vaginal Yeast Infection 6 reviews 55 medications

Traveler's Diarrhea 0 reviews 47 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lactobacillus acidophilus reviews 11 reviews 9.1

Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have been using this for one day and I already see a difference. I first had a yeast infection at the end of May. Treated it with Monistat 1, I guess it threw my ph off. So I had bacterial vaginitis right after that. Then my period. So I've been having a really terrible time as you can imagine. So I have been using unscented soaps bathing a lot, drying myself well wearing cotton underwear. Until I discover this l. Acidophilus. I took 2 tablets (1 billion live bacteria) yesterday after noon. I felt okay. Still some odor and a little discharge. This morning I took another dosage. Throughout the day I haven't had little to no itching. Tonight I took another dosage and even my tenderness is going away. I also drink cranberry juice often. I'm feeling pretty good.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2014 2:38 AM

Review by JessInNC:

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have used this for years. Women tend to have a hard time with yeast infection during the time of taking antibiotics. Well taking this 4 times a day will keep it at bay. Also taking it once a day on regular basis helps to keep the yeast in the vagina from growing. I have used this for oral thrush also. Eating yogurts will take care of that.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2014 2:37 AM

Review by Mrs. Sicko (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I had had yeast overgrowth for many years, brought about after using Nasalcort for a few years. I had a thick white/brown coating on my tongue that no scraping would help. I had vaginal yeast, itching and discharge. After only one bottle of 1 billion bacteria acidophilus, MY TONGUE IS PINK AGAIN! My vaginal itch is gone and the smelly discharge. No one is more surprised than me, I had previously taken Nystatin and Diflucan and they failed. I will keep taking it because I want to keep the yeast away, and it helps my digestion. I cannot say enough good things about this product. I look forward to taking it, it tastes great.

November 14, 2013 6:05 PM

Review by 8crazies:

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Having yeast flares monthly for 5 months. Nothing clearing it completely however Acidophilus placed vaginally really relieves symptoms. Taking a probiotic orally really helps as well. Hoping to stay on top of it this time.

January 29, 2013 11:25 AM

Review by LSSLSM (taken for less than 1 month):

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: The last year I have suffered greatly from colitis. I began researching other treatments and medicines because whatever the doctor gave me did little to combat. I was miserable - diarrhea, nausea, cramping, especially in the mornings, and EVERY time I ate. Could not go anywhere without an episode. After one week I noticed a difference. After 2 weeks nausea and cramping very minimal. After 3 weeks I am off ALL other medicines. I SWEAR by this.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 14, 2012 1:18 PM

Review by lacto acid:

For Clostridial Infection: Works great

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2011 1:53 PM

Review by ADGuay:

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I have had irritable bowel syndrome for over 17 years. First they could do nothing for me but prescribe antispasmodics which eventually I developed an allergy against. After going to a DO, she recommended I try natural medications such as fiber and acidophilus. I started taking it and I have never felt better! I recommend it to anyone with digestion problems..

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2011 10:13 AM

Review by BMB:

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Urinary Tract Infection: This has been a miracle for me, and it was by accident I found out about it at all. I was getting urinary tract infections every other month for 4 years. Every time I would go to my doctor he would prescribe antibiotics and the UTI would go away for a month and then come back. No one, I even went to a specialist and no one could tell me what to do to prevent them. At one of my doctors visits my regular doctor was out and I saw his PA (physicians assistant) who did the same as my doctor, prescribe an antibiotic but he also told me to get acidophilus so I don't get a yeast infection from the antibiotic which happened every time I took the antibiotic. I started taking them and after 6 months I only got one UTI and none in 4 years.

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2011 1:22 PM

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have been on metrinidazole, metrogel and varies creams for Bacterial vaginosis and nothing controlled my BV like acidophillis. The best brand that I have found is Pectin, each capsule has 2billion good bacterias in them. BV is no fun this has really helped me.

April 29, 2011 12:13 AM

Review by pixie29:

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Great for any type of yeast infection. I always take it or give it to my toddler when either of us gets put on antibiotics.

February 24, 2010 3:41 AM

Review by knwldg4pashunt:

For Clostridial Infection: I have had quite remarkable relief of severe bloating and sluggish bowel motility. This had continued for three full months without relief. I was even begging for surgery to find out what was wrong. My abdomen was so distended that my lung capacity (per spirometer) was 1/3 to 1/2 of normal, I got winded just climbing stairs at home and I could not sing (I'm a choir director). I could not sit upright in a chair or car and I felt about 10 1/2 months pregnant! I had been on antibiotics for several weeks before this problem started. Within 3 days of starting prescription strength lactobacillus, I was back to wearing most of my regular clothes, was able to do a full day of errands without stopping, and could sing again and dropped 6.5 pounds.

August 6, 2009 11:27 PM