User Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus

Also known as: Acidophilus, Acidophilus Extra Strength, Acidophilus Probiotic Blend, Bacid (LAC), Flora-Q, Flora-Q 2, Florajen, Novaflor, Risa-Bid, RisaQuad, RisaQuad 2, Superdophilus

Learn more about Lactobacillus acidophilus.

Vaginal Yeast Infection 6 reviews 58 medications

Oral Thrush 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Traveler's Diarrhea 0 reviews 49 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lactobacillus acidophilus reviews 15 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "YES! L-Acidophilus is excellent for IBS, particularly for the weird, somewhat abstract and oblique stomach uncomfortableness. However, I find that taking two capsules 3 to 4 times a day (preferably on an empty stomach) is the best way. I use L-Acidophilus as an adjunct to my once-a-day regular, more comprehensive probiotic. Always store refrigerated."

Gerg123 July 26, 2015

Acidophilus Probiotic Blend (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Diarrhea: "Terrible quick negative response with loud stomach growling and 3rd. Day / Evening , blast of Diarrhea keeping me in bathroom with gas bloating . Very uncomfortable physically. No choice but to stop. Disappointed , hoping so much for help regulating system and regular daily normal functions."

HUSH' (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2015

Acidophilus Probiotic Blend (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I first saw this on TV adds for yogurt. I bought the pills and after just a few days I feel great. I used to get pain in my lower back, not any more. I haven't even told my doctor yet. This stuff is great!"

bowel syndrome April 16, 2015

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have suffered with constipation for years after having a major surgery. The pain would be in my lower back and made it difficult for me to stand particularly in the early morning. I have been taking over the counter acidophilus pills (3) times a day with meals and I don't experience the excruciating pain anymore. I carry my pills in purse. I highly recommend these tablets."

mindymack April 10, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have been using this for one day and I already see a difference. I first had a yeast infection at the end of May. Treated it with Monistat 1, I guess it threw my ph off. So I had bacterial vaginitis right after that. Then my period. So I've been having a really terrible time as you can imagine. So I have been using unscented soaps bathing a lot, drying myself well wearing cotton underwear. Until I discover this l. Acidophilus. I took 2 tablets (1 billion live bacteria) yesterday after noon. I felt okay. Still some odor and a little discharge. This morning I took another dosage. Throughout the day I haven't had little to no itching. Tonight I took another dosage and even my tenderness is going away. I also drink cranberry juice often. I'm feeling pretty good."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2014

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have used this for years. Women tend to have a hard time with yeast infection during the time of taking antibiotics. Well taking this 4 times a day will keep it at bay. Also taking it once a day on regular basis helps to keep the yeast in the vagina from growing. I have used this for oral thrush also. Eating yogurts will take care of that."

JessInNC April 20, 2014

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had had yeast overgrowth for many years, brought about after using Nasalcort for a few years. I had a thick white/brown coating on my tongue that no scraping would help. I had vaginal yeast, itching and discharge. After only one bottle of 1 billion bacteria acidophilus, MY TONGUE IS PINK AGAIN! My vaginal itch is gone and the smelly discharge. No one is more surprised than me, I had previously taken Nystatin and Diflucan and they failed. I will keep taking it because I want to keep the yeast away, and it helps my digestion. I cannot say enough good things about this product. I look forward to taking it, it tastes great."

Mrs. Sicko (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2013

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Having yeast flares monthly for 5 months. Nothing clearing it completely however Acidophilus placed vaginally really relieves symptoms. Taking a probiotic orally really helps as well. Hoping to stay on top of it this time."

8crazies January 29, 2013

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "The last year I have suffered greatly from colitis. I began researching other treatments and medicines because whatever the doctor gave me did little to combat. I was miserable - diarrhea, nausea, cramping, especially in the mornings, and EVERY time I ate. Could not go anywhere without an episode. After one week I noticed a difference. After 2 weeks nausea and cramping very minimal. After 3 weeks I am off ALL other medicines. I SWEAR by this."

LSSLSM (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2012

For Clostridial Infection: "Works great"

lacto acid September 21, 2011

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have had irritable bowel syndrome for over 17 years. First they could do nothing for me but prescribe antispasmodics which eventually I developed an allergy against. After going to a DO, she recommended I try natural medications such as fiber and acidophilus. I started taking it and I have never felt better! I recommend it to anyone with digestion problems.."

ADGuay September 21, 2011

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Urinary Tract Infection: "This has been a miracle for me, and it was by accident I found out about it at all. I was getting urinary tract infections every other month for 4 years. Every time I would go to my doctor he would prescribe antibiotics and the UTI would go away for a month and then come back. No one, I even went to a specialist and no one could tell me what to do to prevent them. At one of my doctors visits my regular doctor was out and I saw his PA (physicians assistant) who did the same as my doctor, prescribe an antibiotic but he also told me to get acidophilus so I don't get a yeast infection from the antibiotic which happened every time I took the antibiotic. I started taking them and after 6 months I only got one UTI and none in 4 years."

BMB July 6, 2011

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have been on metrinidazole, metrogel and varies creams for Bacterial vaginosis and nothing controlled my BV like acidophillis. The best brand that I have found is Pectin, each capsule has 2billion good bacterias in them. BV is no fun this has really helped me."

Anonymous April 29, 2011

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Great for any type of yeast infection. I always take it or give it to my toddler when either of us gets put on antibiotics."

pixie29 February 24, 2010

For Clostridial Infection: "I have had quite remarkable relief of severe bloating and sluggish bowel motility. This had continued for three full months without relief. I was even begging for surgery to find out what was wrong. My abdomen was so distended that my lung capacity (per spirometer) was 1/3 to 1/2 of normal, I got winded just climbing stairs at home and I could not sing (I'm a choir director). I could not sit upright in a chair or car and I felt about 10 1/2 months pregnant! I had been on antibiotics for several weeks before this problem started. Within 3 days of starting prescription strength lactobacillus, I was back to wearing most of my regular clothes, was able to do a full day of errands without stopping, and could sing again and dropped 6.5 pounds."

knwldg4pashunt August 6, 2009