User Reviews for Diflucan

Learn more about Diflucan.

Esophageal Candidiasis 1 reviews 11 medications

Vaginal Yeast Infection 54 reviews 59 medications

6.9
Summary of Diflucan reviews 63 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Diflucan

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "After taking antibiotics I usually get a yeast infection so I take diflucan once when meds are gone. Almost always stops itching in 24 hours and disappears completely by day 2. Only once was it so bad I had to take it twice. Best cure ever. And no side effects. Used it many times."

Daisygal4 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I took a single dose Diflucan a few days ago after developing an agonizing yeast infection, thanks to round of antibiotics, compiled with an allergic reaction to a product I had used called Yeastaway (never again!). Once the Diflucan kicked in- boy, did it work- it was like night and day. By the hour, the swelling, itching, and discharge was going down. I went from pure itching hell (tearing apart the freezer looking for something to ease the agony) the night before to a calm, restful night the following day. I've never noticed any negative physical side effects. My only frustration was that this took 2.5 solid days to start working... topical creams made me itch more, and I started to wonder if the Diflucan would ever work at all."

Anna9981 April 24, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So I had bv and got the tday vaginal treatment which I ended tuesday 3/15/16 and shortly after developed a yeast infection. I visited the doctor today and took 15mg diflucan and felt better a few hours after. No burning or itching was ever present, I noticed a change in discharge and immediately got seen by a doctor. No side affects. I caught mine the day after I noticed a change."

sdt93 March 18, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have used Diflucan several times during the past few years. Usually just one 150mg pill does the trick and I feel relief a few hours after I take it. I've only had a handful of times where I've had to take a second dose and it was due to being on antibiotics. The docs know this, so when I need an antibiotic, they will also prescribe a Diflucan "chaser"."

Skittles612 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 14, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "No side effects but didn't take away the itch or infection. I had to buy monistat 7, which made me itch worse."

baebae2016 February 27, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I'm pretty sensitive to medicine, in fact I get so many side effects I have a long list of medicines I can't take. I didn't get any side effects from Diflucan so I'm pretty impressed. I read the reviews and the majority of the negative ones I think were misinterpreted, I don't think half of those were actually from this medicine so it's a shame they reviewed it so poorly. I have a candida overgrowth which is causing my infections so I have to take Diflucan once a week for 3 months, so far no problems."

KrystleVari February 17, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I went to the gyno thinking I had bv again turns out it is a yeast infection gave me diflucan150mg 2 pills 3 days apart supposed to take the next one 2/15/16 so it is Valentine's day and constantly dealing with this it feels like it got worse more noticeable that something is wrong"

kk thompson February 14, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have been miserable. Took a one dose of Diflucan last night and I can say swelling is less but everything else that is awful is still there. But, wine lady, please don't tell me I can't drink wine. I'm almost finished with my glass when I read your review.... Should I take another one-time-dose? I'm way too old for this!!"

itchy senior February 13, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I had an on going vaginal yeast infection for about 6 weeks. I tried 7 day monistat and it provided a few days of relief and then it was right back and even worse. So I did another 7 day round and by day 3 it was burning so bad to use it so I just stopped. I gave in and went to the Dr and he prescribed diflucan one dose and I took that, had no relief until he 3rd night. Felt totally normal for almost 48 hours and then the symptoms came right back and are even worse now. Hoping that even though it's my 5th day into treatment that it will be gone by day 7. Maybe I will just need another dose but as of right now I'm not happy with diflucan."

Anonymous February 2, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Diflucan works freaking miracles; I'm never using OTC creams again. Last month (after a round of antibiotics) I developed a mild yeast infection and used Monistat One Day to clear it up. Unfortunately, I should've listened to other reviewers about Monistat because, this month before my period, the infection came back with vengeance! I called up my doctor and got a prescription for the genetic 200mg Diflucan. This drug is a heaven send! I took it with food at 5pm, and by 7pm, I was already feeling better. The discharge was firming up and exiting my body, the itching was lessening, and the discomfort of my labia was improving. No discomfort, burning, or messy creams with this medication. Why deal with Monistat when Diflucan is an option?"

On The Mend January 10, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Had an yeast infection for like 3 days went to the Dr yesterday and they gave me diflucan n cipro i still feel it..... When will it disappear?????"

N3LLy January 8, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I took this pill 2 days ago. I have been sick ever since. I have an awful headache, constantly feel like throwing up & I'm itchy. Stick to the cream, I have never had a reaction to any medications so thought this would be fine. Don't risk it!"

Shelbyjack January 2, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have tried this medication on a few ocasions. And it had never worked for me. I try to save a few dollars. Now I know better I will stick to the other two name brands."

Pikku December 28, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "DO NOT DRINK if you take this medication. The alcohol makes it not work. I had no idea and I like my wine. A Dr friend of mine told me that alcohol could be affecting the drug. Anytime I have ever tried to drink and take this it doesn't work. If I don't drink at all when I take it.. It works like magic. If you have had a problem with it not working make sure you're not drinking. Even one drink has made it not work as well for me. It literally is a lifesaver."

The Wine Lady (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 20, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Ladies, I read some comments on here I wanted to respond to. If you've been taking the diflucan pill more than once and you're still experiencing pain and discomfort you might actually have bacterial vaginosis The symptoms are very similar and sometimes yeast infection medicine can cause this. You will need a different prescription to clear this up. Just a thought to consider if your symptoms are not clearing up. Think about making a visit to the doctor to find out."

Hopefully helpful December 17, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have had a yeast infection for 5-6 days and was using Monistat until yesterday when I called & got a script for 2 Diflucan150! Took the first one yesterday morning & not much change at all this morning. Will take the second one tomorrow morning & pray it works. I had nor had a yeast infection for at least 10 years. No side effects & drinking lots of water. Having gall bladder surgery on Friday & want this cleared up prior to surgery. Sorry to say the docs offices are not a lot of help. So what else is new???"

Jomo3 December 15, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Personally, thus drug gives me a fixed drug eruption in the form of a huge, round rash on one of my breasts that is intensively itchy and burns. It feels like a horrible sunburn. Therefore, I am clearly not a fan."

Amanda5 November 8, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I took amoxicillin for 10 days which has given me a very painful yeast infection. I was prescribed diflucan and it interacted with the tegretol I take for bipolar. I ended up in the hospital overnight so my kidneys could be flushed out. Be sure to check drug interaction before adding additional meds. I did complete the three day treatment of diflucan under the doctot's advice but still have burning. I am now on the second day of a 3-day Monistat treatment. I am praying this burning subsides so I can get some relief. It has been a month now of pain. Ugh !!"

Minnow777 October 21, 2015

For Tinea Versicolor "After nine years with a fungal infection on the skin, I was given 100 MG/week for a month. I already took the last pill of the course, and all it has done so far is turn the spots pink and make them slightly bigger, and some itched more often (although one looks like it's starting to disappear)! But the side effects! Oh, the side effects! After the first pill, I felt extremely dizzy, headachy, and nauseous for an hour after bedtime. The next day, I had little appetite that only recovered that evening. The next two times, I took two Rolaids, which helped with the nausea. That left the headache to contend with all day the day after I took the pill.I took two ibuprofen three times to combat the headaches on the last pill. What a joke!"

HorseToGiveYouNoPain (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Ok so I had a yeast infection for a whole month it was some type of intense burning sensation in my vagina it was sooo bad it went and came every other day it had gotten so bad I had to see a doctor. I was scared because it was so bad and I cried and thought I would never have a sex life ever again. I went to an obgyn in he told me I had a mild yeast infection I was shocked because it felt so severe and painful. I thought it was something worse the doctor prescribed me diflucan/flicanzole 150mg. It was one pill I took it when I got home. It didn't work instantly but the yeast was fixed in two days. I took it on Tuesday & felt nothing Thursday morning - I was so happy "

Anonymous September 17, 2015

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I was diagnosed with signs of a yeast infection. Having been sick previously. I had taken a strong antibiotic. Microbid. Probably caused the yeast infection. My doctor gave me the dose of 1 pill. I had never heard of it. Usually I would have had to use a cream. Now my vagina has redness inside. Kinda like its burned. Tomorrow I'll be calling the doctors office to be checked. Maybe it was too strong. I don't know. We'll see"

Ruth 123 August 12, 2015

For Candida Urinary Tract Infection "Amazing drug. After trying everything for a week to get rid of the worst yeast infection of my life, I was prescribed Diflucan. Within 15 minutes, no lie, yeast started dumping from my body. Kinda gross but that's what was making me feel so horrible and frustrated had waited a few days after Monastat didn't work. But word to the wise, drink lots of water after you take this; there so many toxins that get released into your body when yeast dies off, especially that fast. I drank a lot of water and didn't experience side effects or headaches with this med."

SavingCinderella (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I'm telling you this medication is powerful and it works BUT I am giving it 5 out of ten right in the middle because it also has POWERFUL side effects. There is no doubt in my mind it works well BUT If your Very Hypersensitive like me to medications this one will knock you out ***Meaning its fighting the infection and doing its job*** but it can be a very uncomfortable experience... When you have a severe internal infection and take medication like this your body goes into overdrive helping the medicine work I took only a quarter of a 150 mg tablet to let my body know whats happening and wow did just that make me so dizzy and just lay in bed like WOAH but 12 hrs later took all the rest in small increments and I'm all better and it worked!"

honestconsumer101 July 24, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I went to the GYN with burning, irritation, and mild clear/white discharge about three weeks ago. Had a pelvic exam and swabs were taken. She said it looked most like a yeast infection and prescribed Diflucan one tab immediately and one tab three days later. Labs came back after both doses had already been taken and the infection was bacterial (BV). Was prescribed metronidazole gel which then caused the yeast infection I didn't have in the first place. Back to the Diflucan. Three pills in one month, but since the third pill (when I actually now do have a yeast infection) I am having dizziness. Annoying, unending spinning. Also, the yeast symptoms did not abate after four days. Monistat 3 helped in one night. Never again, Diflucan."

Misdiagnosed 2 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Took antibiotics and got a yeast infection went to the Drs they prescribed Monistat 3. Took it for the 3 days still was experiencing a lot of itching and burning. Went back to the Drs she prescribed the one dose pill. Took it Thursday afternoon felt nausea, had headaches, and stomach aches (side effects) but helped with the burning pain by he next day. It's now Sunday and the itching burning and a pain is back. Going back to the Drs tomorrow for the 3rd time in 2 and a half weeks. So want this to go away. Feeling like I need to get second opinion."

Anonymous1000 June 14, 2015