User Reviews for Diflucan

Learn more about Diflucan.

Diflucan Review Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Diflucan to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

"I was diagnosed with signs of a yeast infection. Having been sick previously. I had taken a strong antibiotic. Microbid. Probably caused the yeast infection. My doctor gave me the dose of 1 pill. I had never heard of it. Usually I would have had to use a cream. Now my vagina has redness inside. Kinda like its burned. Tomorrow I'll be calling the doctors office to be checked. Maybe it was too strong. I don't know. We'll see"

Ruth 123 August 12, 2015

"I'm telling you this medication is powerful and it works BUT I am giving it 5 out of ten right in the middle because it also has POWERFUL side effects. There is no doubt in my mind it works well BUT If your Very Hypersensitive like me to medications this one will knock you out ***Meaning its fighting the infection and doing its job*** but it can be a very uncomfortable experience... When you have a severe internal infection and take medication like this your body goes into overdrive helping the medicine work I took only a quarter of a 150 mg tablet to let my body know whats happening and wow did just that make me so dizzy and just lay in bed like WOAH but 12 hrs later took all the rest in small increments and I'm all better and it worked!"

honestconsumer101 July 24, 2015

"I went to the GYN with burning, irritation, and mild clear/white discharge about three weeks ago. Had a pelvic exam and swabs were taken. She said it looked most like a yeast infection and prescribed Diflucan one tab immediately and one tab three days later. Labs came back after both doses had already been taken and the infection was bacterial (BV). Was prescribed metronidazole gel which then caused the yeast infection I didn't have in the first place. Back to the Diflucan. Three pills in one month, but since the third pill (when I actually now do have a yeast infection) I am having dizziness. Annoying, unending spinning. Also, the yeast symptoms did not abate after four days. Monistat 3 helped in one night. Never again, Diflucan."

Misdiagnosed 2 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2015

"Took antibiotics and got a yeast infection went to the Drs they prescribed Monistat 3. Took it for the 3 days still was experiencing a lot of itching and burning. Went back to the Drs she prescribed the one dose pill. Took it Thursday afternoon felt nausea, had headaches, and stomach aches (side effects) but helped with the burning pain by he next day. It's now Sunday and the itching burning and a pain is back. Going back to the Drs tomorrow for the 3rd time in 2 and a half weeks. So want this to go away. Feeling like I need to get second opinion."

Anonymous1000 June 14, 2015

"Ive used this medication quite a few times in the past few years and it definitely always works. Sometimes one is not enough though but the 3 pill regimen always works when used as directed. Best part is that you can also drink alcohol on this and it will still work. No bad side effects or burning so far."

TabbyDarling May 26, 2015

"This is my first yeast infection. I was too scared to tell anyone. So I dealt with it for almost a week. But last night I couldn't handle it anymore. So I told my mum. She called. And the doctor sent in a prescription. I took the pill earlier around 1.30 pm. It's now 1.41 am. It took away a lot of the itching a burning when I pee. But it still slightly hurts to wipe. And it's slightly itchy. I have another dose I can take. But I'm waiting to see if this will help. And clear up by tomorrow or get better."

hoopbla (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2015

"Seriously the only medicines that work for any problems. It gets the job done when you have a yeast infection from antibiotics. Fair warning have this around when you first take antibiotics."

Ash12345 December 25, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"After having a urinary tract infection for three weeks, & three different antibiotics, with the third being Bactrim, I developed a horrible yeast infection. Thank goodness my Dr. prescribed seven days worth of Diflucan. After one pill, I experienced relief. Not complete relief, but I could finally get some sleep. Before Diflucan, I went through two tubes of Vagisil. It works but there is a perfumy smell that clings to the body. If my Dr. had only prescribed one pill I would be back in the ER begging for something to relieve the maddening itch. This is my first yeast infection & I hope I never get another!"

'schell (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I too had a rash close to my vagina, a pretty bad one & my gynecologist said it was bacterial vaginosis along with a yeast infection. It was my 1st infection so I had no idea what was going on. She prescribed me metronidazole 500 mg for 7 days, on day 4 I took Diflucan 1, on day 7 I took another Diflucan 1, three days later I took my last one. I didn't start seeing results until I was taking both medications together. For those of you who have to pay for your medicine go on their website they have a $5 off coupon."

Anonymous May 4, 2014

"I took 3 Diflucan for a yeast infection and used over the counter Monistat 3 day first on my own. One month later I am still experiencing burning tongue, metallic taste in my mouth, slight pains going through each breast, very tired and slight itch and burn on occasion in the vagina. I took this along with HRT and have been reading about the interaction they have together. All I have been told is that I may have overdone the treatment, had an allergic reaction, and killed too much good bacteria. Will never take this drug again."

rcka (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2013

"It is unbelievable how wonderful this medicine is for yeast infections! I went to doc for a urinary tract infection and also had symptoms of redness, burning, itching and swelling. It was the worst ever! Took 1 pill and already noticed results in just a few hours! It is a miracle."

Jen0620 June 27, 2013

135 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Diflucan works well, but often I need to take more than 1 to clear up the vaginal yeast infection. 2 and sometimes 3 are needed."

ccudd April 1, 2013

130 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I had to have oral surgery, and took amoxicillin for two weeks. The dentist prescribed fluconazole, I got the generic. I've used Diflucan in the past with great success. It seems that the generic does NOT work as well as the name brand. Three days/three pills later, I'm still suffering with the yeast infection symptoms."

MsPony (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2012

"I have suffered every month, for years with a yeast problem. Avoiding sex, chocolate and wine were hardly a solution for me! These are the important ingredients you should be taking: 1. Eat yogurt & cereal on an empty stomach. 2. Take an acidophillus supplement. This made me NORMAL. Hooooray!"

Anonymous October 19, 2012

"Whenever I have a urinary tract infection, a yeast infection is sure to follow and this time, instead of buying the 3 day treatment of Canesten that you insert inside (which has always worked well the first day), I tried the one pill. No side effects. However I my vagina is still itchy, burning and rubbing it no longer provides any relief anymore. Going back to the doctor, hoping for something stronger."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2012

"Recommended dosage was 1 pill. No side effects but unfortunately I'm still itching and uncomfortable 3 days later. I guess it didn't fully work for me."

Cyclona November 18, 2011

"I have been prescribed Diflucan in the past for yeast infections and it worked wonderful. Overnight relief. I have been prescribed this generic form the last few times I've had a yeast infection and find that it does not work nearly as well for me. Currently in day 5 after taking single dose and I am still having itching and redness. "

Anonymous October 9, 2011

"I have used it in the past after taking an antibiotic and it works so fast. It is better than doing the over the counter. Do not wait...call doctor and get this medicine. I now know when I'm on any antibiotics doctor prescribes this in addition because I always need it. I had no side effects and if I did it would be worth it just to get better."

Anonymous September 24, 2011

"Great medication. In 2 days my yeast infection was cleared."

Bellamino August 24, 2011

"I've taken this as needed over the years without any problem. This time I had nausea, diarrhea, and dizziness. Our pharmacy gives a print out of all the possible side effects, and it says you can be allergic to it (as most drugs). I guess it just depends on the person on how much you need and how your body will react. It takes more than one dose for me. "

Smileygirl May 5, 2011

"It cleared up my problem in just a few days, the only side effect I got was a headache but other than that I felt great! So Happy my Doctor gave it to me."

carmen1967 February 18, 2011

"I was sick and had to take amoxicillin and unfortunatley got a yeast infection. I went to the doctor and he prescribed Diflucan yesterday. I had no side effects. Unlike everyone else, my horrible symptoms (itching, burning) are still present."

Anonymous January 20, 2011

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I get repetitive yeast infections, so it took three treatments with Diflucan for three different infections before I realized that Diflucan was the thing that was causing the painful, blistering skin rash I was getting about once a month. I was having what it is known as "fixed skin ulceration." Ulcers in my mouth, blisters on my hands and leg, always in the same exact spots each time and always very painful. No one told me there was even a chance that I was allergic to this medicine and when I sought treatment for the second and then third episodes, the doctors completely missed it. There needs to be more information out there about this as the company only reports one previous person ever having this same reaction, yet it happened to me."

Anonymous October 22, 2010

"I took Diflucan at the same time I was taking Metformin for high blood sugar. I had terrible side effects. Among them redness and burning in my face, terrible joint pains specially in my knees, vomiting, diarrhea and upset stomach."

Anonymous August 5, 2010

"This was my first yeast infection. The pill worked really well and felt immediate relief. Had vomiting the next day and nausea which is apparently a rare side effect.. but it got the job done."

Anonymous July 23, 2010