User Reviews for Diflucan

Learn more about Diflucan.

Diflucan review summary

7.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Diflucan to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Review by 'schell (taken for less than 1 month):

After having a urinary tract infection for three weeks, & three different antibiotics, with the third being Bactrim, I developed a horrible yeast infection. Thank goodness my Dr. prescribed seven days worth of Diflucan. After one pill, I experienced relief. Not complete relief, but I could finally get some sleep. Before Diflucan, I went through two tubes of Vagisil. It works but there is a perfumy smell that clings to the body. If my Dr. had only prescribed one pill I would be back in the ER begging for something to relieve the maddening itch. This is my first yeast infection & I hope I never get another!

August 7, 2014 3:25 AM

I too had a rash close to my vagina, a pretty bad one & my gynecologist said it was bacterial vaginosis along with a yeast infection. It was my 1st infection so I had no idea what was going on. She prescribed me metronidazole 500 mg for 7 days, on day 4 I took Diflucan 1, on day 7 I took another Diflucan 1, three days later I took my last one. I didn't start seeing results until I was taking both medications together. For those of you who have to pay for your medicine go on their website they have a $5 off coupon.

May 4, 2014 12:44 AM

Review by rcka (taken for less than 1 month):

I took 3 Diflucan for a yeast infection and used over the counter Monistat 3 day first on my own. One month later I am still experiencing burning tongue, metallic taste in my mouth, slight pains going through each breast, very tired and slight itch and burn on occasion in the vagina. I took this along with HRT and have been reading about the interaction they have together. All I have been told is that I may have overdone the treatment, had an allergic reaction, and killed too much good bacteria. Will never take this drug again.

November 12, 2013 7:57 PM

Review by Jen0620:

It is unbelievable how wonderful this medicine is for yeast infections! I went to doc for a urinary tract infection and also had symptoms of redness, burning, itching and swelling. It was the worst ever! Took 1 pill and already noticed results in just a few hours! It is a miracle.

107 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2013 12:35 AM

Review by ccudd:

Diflucan works well, but often I need to take more than 1 to clear up the vaginal yeast infection. 2 and sometimes 3 are needed.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2013 9:39 PM

Review by MsPony (taken for less than 1 month):

I had to have oral surgery, and took amoxicillin for two weeks. The dentist prescribed fluconazole, I got the generic. I've used Diflucan in the past with great success. It seems that the generic does NOT work as well as the name brand. Three days/three pills later, I'm still suffering with the yeast infection symptoms.

November 17, 2012 10:29 AM

I have suffered every month, for years with a yeast problem. Avoiding sex, chocolate and wine were hardly a solution for me! These are the important ingredients you should be taking: 1. Eat yogurt & cereal on an empty stomach. 2. Take an acidophillus supplement. This made me NORMAL. Hooooray!

October 19, 2012 10:43 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Whenever I have a urinary tract infection, a yeast infection is sure to follow and this time, instead of buying the 3 day treatment of Canesten that you insert inside (which has always worked well the first day), I tried the one pill. No side effects. However I my vagina is still itchy, burning and rubbing it no longer provides any relief anymore. Going back to the doctor, hoping for something stronger.

August 26, 2012 1:24 PM

Review by Cyclona:

Recommended dosage was 1 pill. No side effects but unfortunately I'm still itching and uncomfortable 3 days later. I guess it didn't fully work for me.

November 18, 2011 6:46 PM

I have been prescribed Diflucan in the past for yeast infections and it worked wonderful. Overnight relief. I have been prescribed this generic form the last few times I've had a yeast infection and find that it does not work nearly as well for me. Currently in day 5 after taking single dose and I am still having itching and redness.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2011 7:41 PM

I have used it in the past after taking an antibiotic and it works so fast. It is better than doing the over the counter. Do not wait...call doctor and get this medicine. I now know when I'm on any antibiotics doctor prescribes this in addition because I always need it. I had no side effects and if I did it would be worth it just to get better.

September 24, 2011 12:06 AM

Review by Bellamino:

Great medication. In 2 days my yeast infection was cleared.

August 24, 2011 1:43 AM

Review by Smileygirl:

I've taken this as needed over the years without any problem. This time I had nausea, diarrhea, and dizziness. Our pharmacy gives a print out of all the possible side effects, and it says you can be allergic to it (as most drugs). I guess it just depends on the person on how much you need and how your body will react. It takes more than one dose for me.

May 5, 2011 11:18 AM

Review by carmen1967:

It cleared up my problem in just a few days, the only side effect I got was a headache but other than that I felt great! So Happy my Doctor gave it to me.

February 18, 2011 2:55 PM

I was sick and had to take amoxicillin and unfortunatley got a yeast infection. I went to the doctor and he prescribed Diflucan yesterday. I had no side effects. Unlike everyone else, my horrible symptoms (itching, burning) are still present.

January 20, 2011 6:29 AM

I get repetitive yeast infections, so it took three treatments with Diflucan for three different infections before I realized that Diflucan was the thing that was causing the painful, blistering skin rash I was getting about once a month. I was having what it is known as "fixed skin ulceration." Ulcers in my mouth, blisters on my hands and leg, always in the same exact spots each time and always very painful. No one told me there was even a chance that I was allergic to this medicine and when I sought treatment for the second and then third episodes, the doctors completely missed it. There needs to be more information out there about this as the company only reports one previous person ever having this same reaction, yet it happened to me.

October 22, 2010 8:32 PM

I took Diflucan at the same time I was taking Metformin for high blood sugar. I had terrible side effects. Among them redness and burning in my face, terrible joint pains specially in my knees, vomiting, diarrhea and upset stomach.

August 5, 2010 4:32 PM

This was my first yeast infection. The pill worked really well and felt immediate relief. Had vomiting the next day and nausea which is apparently a rare side effect.. but it got the job done.

July 23, 2010 11:53 AM

Review by Keddey:

I tried a cream OTC, which didn't work. So I called my doctor and he prescribed this. AMAZING medicine! Within 24 hours my infection is gone and I feel human again! I experienced no side effects. It's almost like a wonder pill!

November 24, 2009 1:30 PM

The only medication that has taken care of my yeast problem.

November 12, 2009 5:30 PM

Review by Anon.:

I've had to use Diflucan for yeast infections several times -- it always works wonders for me with no side effects! The bonus is that it's only one pill, and it works immediately. However... this last time I took it, I still felt a little 'off'. I still had some kind of bacterial infection! Now I'm on Flagyl.

September 29, 2009 1:47 PM

I developed pneumonia after getting swine flu. I was on heavy duty antibiotics and was given diflucan as a prophylactic for yeast infections. I took approximately 4 doses over the course of two weeks. I recently noticed that a toe nail that had a fungus for over 40 years (!) is now growing in nice and pink! No more thick ugly yellow nail! Amazing! No other side effects were noticed!

September 25, 2009 7:47 PM

This pill is wonderful. Relieves symptoms immediately and better than anything else. No side effects. It's my second time using the pill.

July 15, 2009 2:51 AM

I must say that the pill worked well in doing it's job to clear the yeast infection. But, I went through horrible side effects. Continuous irritation of the vaginal area. I think I was just allergic to the medication! But for everyone else, thumbs up! That's if you are not allergic to it.

March 30, 2009 10:24 AM

Review by >anonymous<:

I've had recurring yeast infections and I have to say that this works amazingly. Quick relief of symptoms, which if anyone has an yeast infection can agree. This is the first thought that comes to mind. I'm so thankful that my doctor prescribed this for me.

March 19, 2009 4:51 PM