User Reviews for Itraconazole

Also known as: Onmel, Sporanox, Sporanox PulsePak

Learn more about Itraconazole.

Oral Thrush 0 reviews 27 medications

7.2
Dermatophytosis 1 reviews 13 medications

Aspergillosis, Invasive 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Blastomycosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Candida Urinary Tract Infection 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcal Meningi...osuppressed Host 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Versicolor 0 reviews 98 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Itraconazole reviews 12 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Itraconazole

Review by sparedbeauty:

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: I definitely recommend Sporanox because it worked well for me without side effects. My doc placed me on it for 7 days and then another 7 day repeat if symptoms persist; which it did. Upon completion of my 14 days (2 capsules once daily) I had no symptoms. It is now 2 going on 3 wks later and I haven't relapsed with any of the symptoms or anything indicating the yeast infection returning.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 8, 2012 12:05 AM
Review by Trail Runner: User Rating:

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Coccidioidomycosis: I have had a cocci infection in my left knee for 25 years (research says it will be chronic). It took 5 years and 3 surgeries to get a diagnosis. I got relief the first day I started with Nizoral. After seven years, I switched to Sporanox 200 mg per day. Efforts to stop the therapy always followed with relapse. However, dropping to a 100mg per day maintenance dose after another 5 years kept all swelling and symptoms at bay. In 2004, I was able to stop taking Sporanox and was symptom free until last month (Sept, 2011). Swelling and heat disappeared within a day of restarting Sporanox. Titer blood test results have varied over the history of my infection from 32:1 to negative to 16:1 to again being negative at this time.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 20, 2011 9:02 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Just started the treatment with Sporanox (on the first day) after vaginal infection pill and fungal cream didn't work and had a lot of hypersensitive skin reaction. Now going without cream just antiseptic rinse and some lotion on affected area. I found it works wonder as the first day taking the pills. I shall report once again after completion of 7 days treatment.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 1, 2011 11:19 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Aspergillosis, Aspergilloma: This medicine has saved my life. Just praying that my liver enzymes are staying normal, don't know what would happen if I have to stop taking it.

February 20, 2011 9:02 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: This medication did wonders with this problem.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 22, 2010 4:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Candida Infections, Systemic: After being treated for only a week with Sporanox pro I felt a lot better. Supplementing it with a strict diet really helped.

March 14, 2010 11:46 AM
Review by Annette1980: User Rating:

itraconazole for Onychomycosis, Toenail: I took one course of itraconazole (pulse therapy, 400mg/day during 1 week), after being unsuccessfully treated for onychomycosis of my 5th foot nail (I had it for years). So, since terbinafine didn't help, I decided to use this one, as my doctor advised. Now I have my new nail growing healthy, so my decision is to continue the treatment with this drug.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 19, 2009 3:55 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

itraconazole for Dermatophytosis: I have used Itracozanole for about 3 months. Even though the medicine worked on my skin I had really bad side effects. I was constipated and didn't get my period for the whole 3 months I was taking the medicine.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 11, 2009 10:17 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: After a year on Sporanox, my badly infected and painful toenail grew out. Odd part is having the infected toenail and other, minor, medical conditions for 30 years; Sporanox cleared up many other conditions. The doctors said not possible, however, I know there is a connection. Heart arrhythmia, gone; non healing nose/anal fissures, gone; facial/scalp/pubic psoriasis plus mucus membrane inflammation gone for treatment duration, but back after year. A year later, the original nails were still clear, but different nail infected with peeling, scaly, skin across 1/3 of my foot. Strangely it didn't get worse. Back on Sporanox. Seems to be clearing both conditions. The returning problems above also vanished when restarting Sporanox.

August 9, 2009 6:36 PM
Review by Bogeyman: User Rating:

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: One small nail had 100% infection while 2-3 other toes (including big toes) were slightly affected. After one month it was clear. Sporanox was very effective. Healthy nail growth was apparent. But I stopped using the medicine because of the side effects, namely the sense of abnormal heart and mental function (not unlike the effects of pseudoephedrine) together with headaches and tiredness. I tried Lamisil for one month and the improvement continued but I suffered from nausea, tiredness and occasional headaches. Now I have just started Diflucan.

June 27, 2009 7:55 PM

itraconazole for Onychomycosis, Toenail: This is perhaps one of the best medications out there. It will kill the fungus as long as you stay on top for about 6 months to a year with the medicine. To bad it's not over the counter yet.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 23, 2009 7:49 AM
Review by Leenda: User Rating:

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: Sporonox works so much better than other medicines or vaginal creams.

October 10, 2008 2:02 AM