User Reviews for Itraconazole

Also known as: Onmel, Sporanox, Sporanox PulsePak

Learn more about Itraconazole.

Oral Thrush 0 reviews 30 medications

7.2
Dermatophytosis 1 reviews 13 medications

Aspergillosis, Invasive 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Blastomycosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Candida Urinary Tract Infection 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcal Meningi...osuppressed Host 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Cryptococcosis 0 reviews 10 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Capitis 0 reviews 13 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tinea Versicolor 0 reviews 98 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Itraconazole reviews 15 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Itraconazole

For Histoplasmosis: "Skin felt burning hot first 3 days & very tired"

Jjgder July 4, 2015

For Histoplasmosis: "Very tired"

weesle July 8, 2014

For Sporotrichosis: "I'm a Canadian living in Mexico. After picking mangoes, I contracted a fungal skin infection called sporotrichosis. Got it diagnosed about a week after the symptoms started. I now have been taking itraconazole for just over a week. My dose is 400 mg a day, or two capsules twice a day. I'm happy with the results so far. Its a little slow to work, but it is definitely working. The skin lesions are healing and its not spreading to any more areas of the body. I know I'm gonna have to stick it out for a while with this medicine, but it is effective. The only thing is I've missed my period this week. I read another comment of a woman who said she didn't get hers for three months, so I imagine I'm gonna be in the same boat."

MangoConChile July 1, 2014

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I definitely recommend Sporanox because it worked well for me without side effects. My doc placed me on it for 7 days and then another 7 day repeat if symptoms persist; which it did. Upon completion of my 14 days (2 capsules once daily) I had no symptoms. It is now 2 going on 3 wks later and I haven't relapsed with any of the symptoms or anything indicating the yeast infection returning."

sparedbeauty April 8, 2012

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Coccidioidomycosis: "I have had a cocci infection in my left knee for 25 years (research says it will be chronic). It took 5 years and 3 surgeries to get a diagnosis. I got relief the first day I started with Nizoral. After seven years, I switched to Sporanox 200 mg per day. Efforts to stop the therapy always followed with relapse. However, dropping to a 100mg per day maintenance dose after another 5 years kept all swelling and symptoms at bay. In 2004, I was able to stop taking Sporanox and was symptom free until last month (Sept, 2011). Swelling and heat disappeared within a day of restarting Sporanox. Titer blood test results have varied over the history of my infection from 32:1 to negative to 16:1 to again being negative at this time."

Trail Runner October 20, 2011

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Just started the treatment with Sporanox (on the first day) after vaginal infection pill and fungal cream didn't work and had a lot of hypersensitive skin reaction. Now going without cream just antiseptic rinse and some lotion on affected area. I found it works wonder as the first day taking the pills. I shall report once again after completion of 7 days treatment."

Anonymous June 1, 2011

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Aspergillosis, Aspergilloma: "This medicine has saved my life. Just praying that my liver enzymes are staying normal, don't know what would happen if I have to stop taking it."

Anonymous February 20, 2011

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This medication did wonders with this problem."

Anonymous September 22, 2010

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Candidemia: "After being treated for only a week with Sporanox pro I felt a lot better. Supplementing it with a strict diet really helped."

Anonymous March 14, 2010

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I took one course of itraconazole (pulse therapy, 400mg/day during 1 week), after being unsuccessfully treated for onychomycosis of my 5th foot nail (I had it for years). So, since terbinafine didn't help, I decided to use this one, as my doctor advised. Now I have my new nail growing healthy, so my decision is to continue the treatment with this drug."

Annette1980 September 19, 2009

For Dermatophytosis: "I have used Itracozanole for about 3 months. Even though the medicine worked on my skin I had really bad side effects. I was constipated and didn't get my period for the whole 3 months I was taking the medicine."

Anonymous September 11, 2009

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "After a year on Sporanox, my badly infected and painful toenail grew out. Odd part is having the infected toenail and other, minor, medical conditions for 30 years; Sporanox cleared up many other conditions. The doctors said not possible, however, I know there is a connection. Heart arrhythmia, gone; non healing nose/anal fissures, gone; facial/scalp/pubic psoriasis plus mucus membrane inflammation gone for treatment duration, but back after year. A year later, the original nails were still clear, but different nail infected with peeling, scaly, skin across 1/3 of my foot. Strangely it didn't get worse. Back on Sporanox. Seems to be clearing both conditions. The returning problems above also vanished when restarting Sporanox."

Anonymous August 9, 2009

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "One small nail had 100% infection while 2-3 other toes (including big toes) were slightly affected. After one month it was clear. Sporanox was very effective. Healthy nail growth was apparent. But I stopped using the medicine because of the side effects, namely the sense of abnormal heart and mental function (not unlike the effects of pseudoephedrine) together with headaches and tiredness. I tried Lamisil for one month and the improvement continued but I suffered from nausea, tiredness and occasional headaches. Now I have just started Diflucan."

Bogeyman June 27, 2009

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "This is perhaps one of the best medications out there. It will kill the fungus as long as you stay on top for about 6 months to a year with the medicine. To bad it's not over the counter yet."

Anonymous April 23, 2009

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Sporonox works so much better than other medicines or vaginal creams."

Leenda October 10, 2008