User Reviews for Terconazole

Also known as: Terazol, Terazol 3, Terazol 7, Terazole 3, Zazole

Learn more about Terconazole.

Vaginal Yeast Infection 31 reviews 59 medications

Summary of Terconazole reviews 31 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Terconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was put on Terazol 0.8% after my results came back showing I had a yeast infection. My GYN had noticed some discharge prior prescribing me Terazol. First day went okay but my second day I noticed some discomfort. I had a little bit of irritation/burning but was told by my provider that's normal & continue the medication. By my 3rd day after inserting my last dose I still noticed the same symptoms as day two. I hope this last dose of it zaps this YI away! I will come back with an update."

Over this YI (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was disappointed when my midwife prescribed terconazole cream for my YI. I've never had success with OTC creams like Monistat before so I expected the same. I prefer fluconazole because the pill always works for me, but I'm pregnant and can't currently take it. My cream was the 3 day .8% intravaginal suppository. By day 2 most of my symptoms were gone, and by day 3 I had no symptoms. The leaking of cream after insertion was not an issue for me, not much actually drained out anyway, and besides I'd rather deal with cream drainage than itchiness and burning any day. I did experience nausea in the mornings, but again, I'm pregnant so it could've been unrelated to the medication. Terconazole worked great for me, I'd use again if needed."

MGEWillis (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After my first dose of the 3 day suppositories, the next day I was hit with high fever, chills, headache, and body aches. I didn't think it was the medicine, so I continued. The next day was worse. So bad I had to go to the ER. I did finish the medicine and still have symptoms. Will not use again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

Terazol (terconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This cream's dosage is long - 7 days. I wish it was shorter. However, as soon as I inserted the first dose on first night, I felt immediate relief. Insert cream at night and let it drain out in the morning. Repeat this for 7 days. I wear pantyliners everyday. You may need to change your liner midday in case some cream leaks out. By the 3rd day, I was pretty functional around the house and at work. I'm on day 4 and I still feel a bit itchy, but so much better than before. Remember to stop eating sugar and eat more vegetables and a probiotic to help the yeast die along with the medication. Cream feels soothing. No burn nor skin reaction to cream. So far so good. :)"

Superwoman4 (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Went for my pap and gyn said I had a yeast infection but it was only on the inside. I had no symptoms or discomfort didn't even know I had one! She started me on the 3 day dose to nip it in the butt quick. Honestly I am not really a fan. My lower abdomen and pelvis are bloated and very painful each use (on dose 2 of 3). Not to mention I feel disgusting because it leaks out ew! My only advice is eat yogurt and if you have to use this product you better be able to hold a kegal clench for a whole night unless you want it on you panties or bed."

Didn'tEvenKnow (taken for less than 1 month) December 9, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Was prescribed 3 days after Diflucan didn't work for me. The first night was fine, but on the second day I began feeling feverish and a severe headache. I thought it that would be the worst of it so used the second dose, and in the middle of the night I woke up shaking, sweating, high fever, and chills. Thought I was dying, felt like a horrible flu. Could not continue this medication - the absolute worst. I NEVER have side effects with medication, and this was a nightmare. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Developed life thratening reaction after 4 day's selling of face shortness of breath plus other complicated issues 2 years later II am reaching out to other women please think twice before it is used"

Anonymous October 20, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took diflucan first, per call to Dr. Then I went for an exam. The dr. said that diflucan only helps if the yeast is in the gut. He prescribed Terizol 3-day. After using the medication I still feel uncomfortable and not itchy. What is going on?"

A-M (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So far everything's pretty good. Only issue is that it leaks out a bit when I wake up the next morning which sucks :x but on day 5, so far so good. 2days to go!"

Pomi July 31, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I never knew I had a yeast infection, I thought a little itchiness was a common thing, but apparently not. I was on this cream for 7 days and I've had no problems. The only annoying thing is that it leaks out a little and it feels weird. I don't know if it's helped any since my infection wasn't bad, but I haven't had any itching or any discomfort since using this."

greatstuff July 26, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I don't usually post on these but OMG, this cream is a lifesaver bcus I really wnted to blow my head off after all the itchinh tht occurred tonight and the night b4 I applied or inserted the cream And made a call to my gyn at 2am After laughin at me, they assured me I would be fine after a visit frm doc. The itching stopped maybe 5-7 mins after use Was so unbelievably I pray it don't come back tonight"

Zole cream July 9, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had no side effects with this medication! I had the three day dose, and it was a little intimidating due to the size of the applicator but it didn't hurt or burn at all. Cleared my infection right up. Would definitely recommend! But just make sure to do it right before bed, because it will come out a little."

lcs0032 (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "It is my first duagnozed yeast infection. I went to doctor after one mild and two extremely itchy nights( itch started on Saturday and I saw the doctor on Tuesday). I decided to wait for a few days before using the medication, and although itching was never as bad as night 2 & 3 I decided to try the medication as my quality of life was going down and my days consumed by this matter and I was having a bit of discharge although I had none at the beginning. I started medication exactly one week after I first felt itching. I was prescribed 7 nights of taro terconazole 0.4% and two doses of fluconazole -150 ( one tablet to be taken 14 days later). This combination has worked for me and now 13 days from day 1 of itching I feel completely normal"

Henrietta345567 June 5, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was told it was safe by my OBGYN even though I was only 7 wks pregnant. Went against my gut instinct, trusted them resulting in my miscarriage during the 3 day treatment. First treatment I administered was right before bed, and I started mild bleeding by the next morning (mind you I had no bleeding or complications before this). Didn't even have symptoms of a yeast infection so it was mild at best. Wish I never used it."

Oneoftheunfortunate (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Itching has gone down after the 3rd dose but have a burning sensation when I put the medication in. I also started having a headache and nausea - but could be from the oral antibiotics I was put on."

Bb13 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is my night #1 of 3 with the vaginal suppositories. I will say that I am having FAR more discomfort now than I was before I inserted the medicine. I can only pray the next 2 doses are far less irritating, burning and itching than tonight. I would much rather try a different methods than this. There will be no sleeping through this misery."

less than impressed May 14, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I got the 3 day cream and at first I thought it was working but I'm still having discharge."

Not good experience 23 February 27, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I cannot take over the counter meds like Monistat, I have terrible reactions to it. So a few years ago when I had a yeast infection that seemed like it wouldn't go away I was prescribed terconozale. I used the 7 day and it cleared everything right up and I felt great. I'm on it again now I'm only on day 2 of 7 but it's already helping with the symptoms."

casandra4565 January 22, 2015

Terazol 7 (terconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Works...the burning was crazy the first night and especially on the itchy areas but at least I knew it was working. By my third night the slight rash I had completely cleared up and I will finish the rest to make sure it doesn't come back. The last yeast infection I had was 7 years ago."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had mild symptoms of a yeast infection. I used the 3-dose tercanozole. It's caused far more itching and burning than the yeast infection did."

Celi (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "While using the 3 day dose I experienced headaches on the second night dose. Also On my first and second dose, every now and then I would get a itching sensation. Third was pretty OK. I'm on my forth dose now because I had some cream left over.. hopefully this last one does the job completely. Plus I've been eating yogurt... (First yeast infection)."

Mari4 June 20, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've had 3 yeast infections in the past year (or so I thought) I tried fluconazole the first two times and it seemed to clear up the symptoms (although I had to take two tablet each time). I've only ever had one other yeast infection 3 years ago, so I found this very peculiar. Each most recent infection has been brought on by sexual activity, so I talked with my doctor who said it was probably the case that I've had one infection this whole time that never fully went away and prescribed me terconazole (3 day dose). I'm on my 3rd day and everything seems just peachy. After the first dose I noticed all itching went away and I have not experienced any side effects. Here's to hoping this takes care of it for good!"

reocurringyeast (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'd been having the symptoms of what seemed to be an STD (foul smelling discharge - sometimes it would smell of fish and sometimes it would just smell, discolored discharged) so I go to the Gyn. and he automatically diagnoses it as a yeast infection which I was rejoiced that I was worried for nothing, I go home thinking that some Monistat will solve it - nope. I finally get around to buying the Terconazole not willing to waste money on anything else after trying everything, did the 3-day regime and I smell no more and discharge is normal!"

Linai April 17, 2013

Terazol (terconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I found this treatment to be long and a bit scary as to how much you have to insert, however, after the first night it was like putting in a tampon but it leaked. I had no troubles with it except that it leaked which really was unpleasant. I slept with a towel underneath but I was pregnant so I was used to sleeping weird."

Rissadeedavus (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2013

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm on a 3-day regimen. Though this product was very easy to use, and I felt no burning, itching, or pain whatsoever, and it does seem to be working, I did have a strange feeling in my lower abdomen. I have a flat stomach, and my stomach bloated up in that region and felt like I had fluid build up underneath, like there was a water balloon inside! I searched for side effects, both on the medicine instruction manual and on-line and have not found this to even be listed as a possible side effect reported. My thinking is that this medicine must foam up inside the vagina in order to cover every area inside needing treatment, but again there is no report of how it works once it is administered. "

5 cents worth (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2013