User Reviews for Acidophilus

Learn more about Acidophilus.

Vaginal Yeast Infection 5 reviews 55 medications

Traveler's Diarrhea 0 reviews 47 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Acidophilus reviews 7 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Acidophilus

Review by JessInNC:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have used this for years. Women tend to have a hard time with yeast infection during the time of taking antibiotics. Well taking this 4 times a day will keep it at bay. Also taking it once a day on regular basis helps to keep the yeast in the vagina from growing. I have used this for oral thrush also. Eating yogurts will take care of that.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2014 2:37 AM

Review by Mrs. Sicko (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I had had yeast overgrowth for many years, brought about after using Nasalcort for a few years. I had a thick white/brown coating on my tongue that no scraping would help. I had vaginal yeast, itching and discharge. After only one bottle of 1 billion bacteria acidophilus, MY TONGUE IS PINK AGAIN! My vaginal itch is gone and the smelly discharge. No one is more surprised than me, I had previously taken Nystatin and Diflucan and they failed. I will keep taking it because I want to keep the yeast away, and it helps my digestion. I cannot say enough good things about this product. I look forward to taking it, it tastes great.

November 14, 2013 6:05 PM

Review by 8crazies:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Having yeast flares monthly for 5 months. Nothing clearing it completely however Acidophilus placed vaginally really relieves symptoms. Taking a probiotic orally really helps as well. Hoping to stay on top of it this time.

January 29, 2013 11:25 AM

Review by ADGuay:

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: I have had irritable bowel syndrome for over 17 years. First they could do nothing for me but prescribe antispasmodics which eventually I developed an allergy against. After going to a DO, she recommended I try natural medications such as fiber and acidophilus. I started taking it and I have never felt better! I recommend it to anyone with digestion problems..

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2011 10:13 AM

Review by BMB:

For Urinary Tract Infection: This has been a miracle for me, and it was by accident I found out about it at all. I was getting urinary tract infections every other month for 4 years. Every time I would go to my doctor he would prescribe antibiotics and the UTI would go away for a month and then come back. No one, I even went to a specialist and no one could tell me what to do to prevent them. At one of my doctors visits my regular doctor was out and I saw his PA (physicians assistant) who did the same as my doctor, prescribe an antibiotic but he also told me to get acidophilus so I don't get a yeast infection from the antibiotic which happened every time I took the antibiotic. I started taking them and after 6 months I only got one UTI and none in 4 years.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2011 1:22 PM

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: I have been on metrinidazole, metrogel and varies creams for Bacterial vaginosis and nothing controlled my BV like acidophillis. The best brand that I have found is Pectin, each capsule has 2billion good bacterias in them. BV is no fun this has really helped me.

April 29, 2011 12:13 AM

Review by pixie29:

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: Great for any type of yeast infection. I always take it or give it to my toddler when either of us gets put on antibiotics.

February 24, 2010 3:41 AM