User Reviews for Acidophilus

Learn more about Acidophilus.

Vaginal Yeast Infection 5 reviews 58 medications

Oral Thrush 0 reviews 30 medications Not rated - Be the first
Traveler's Diarrhea 0 reviews 49 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Acidophilus reviews 8 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Acidophilus

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have suffered with constipation for years after having a major surgery. The pain would be in my lower back and made it difficult for me to stand particularly in the early morning. I have been taking over the counter acidophilus pills (3) times a day with meals and I don't experience the excruciating pain anymore. I carry my pills in purse. I highly recommend these tablets."

mindymack April 10, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have used this for years. Women tend to have a hard time with yeast infection during the time of taking antibiotics. Well taking this 4 times a day will keep it at bay. Also taking it once a day on regular basis helps to keep the yeast in the vagina from growing. I have used this for oral thrush also. Eating yogurts will take care of that."

JessInNC April 20, 2014

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I had had yeast overgrowth for many years, brought about after using Nasalcort for a few years. I had a thick white/brown coating on my tongue that no scraping would help. I had vaginal yeast, itching and discharge. After only one bottle of 1 billion bacteria acidophilus, MY TONGUE IS PINK AGAIN! My vaginal itch is gone and the smelly discharge. No one is more surprised than me, I had previously taken Nystatin and Diflucan and they failed. I will keep taking it because I want to keep the yeast away, and it helps my digestion. I cannot say enough good things about this product. I look forward to taking it, it tastes great."

Mrs. Sicko (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2013

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Having yeast flares monthly for 5 months. Nothing clearing it completely however Acidophilus placed vaginally really relieves symptoms. Taking a probiotic orally really helps as well. Hoping to stay on top of it this time."

8crazies January 29, 2013

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome "I have had irritable bowel syndrome for over 17 years. First they could do nothing for me but prescribe antispasmodics which eventually I developed an allergy against. After going to a DO, she recommended I try natural medications such as fiber and acidophilus. I started taking it and I have never felt better! I recommend it to anyone with digestion problems.."

ADGuay September 21, 2011

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Infection "This has been a miracle for me, and it was by accident I found out about it at all. I was getting urinary tract infections every other month for 4 years. Every time I would go to my doctor he would prescribe antibiotics and the UTI would go away for a month and then come back. No one, I even went to a specialist and no one could tell me what to do to prevent them. At one of my doctors visits my regular doctor was out and I saw his PA (physicians assistant) who did the same as my doctor, prescribe an antibiotic but he also told me to get acidophilus so I don't get a yeast infection from the antibiotic which happened every time I took the antibiotic. I started taking them and after 6 months I only got one UTI and none in 4 years."

BMB July 6, 2011

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have been on metrinidazole, metrogel and varies creams for Bacterial vaginosis and nothing controlled my BV like acidophillis. The best brand that I have found is Pectin, each capsule has 2billion good bacterias in them. BV is no fun this has really helped me."

Anonymous April 29, 2011

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Great for any type of yeast infection. I always take it or give it to my toddler when either of us gets put on antibiotics."

pixie29 February 24, 2010