User Reviews for Flagyl

Learn more about Flagyl.

Reviews for Flagyl to treat Helicobacter Pylori Infection

"I had a Duodenal Switch (a major weight loss surgery combining the vertical sleeve with rearranging one's intestines to minimize fat absorption) 9 yrs ago. Since then I've had probs with gas and a stomach ulcer, both caused by H Pylori. I've taken Flagyl twice. I am now on Day 5 of this round, & I don't experience most of the side effects I see described. (250 mg 3X per day) While the pill doesn't "taste" great, there are other meds that also don't, and I find this no more severe than those. I don't have a lingering bad taste. I've had no diarrhea and have had more regular bowel movements. I've had almost no gas. My pain is gone. I don't feel sick. I am grateful for this drug!"

Gassy (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2016

"Most horrible side effects: Bitter taste in mouth even hours after administration, balance problems, confusion, surroundings seem unreal, like walking in a dream ( not a good one) concentration problems, general malaise, not able to eat anything but oatmeal and mashed potatoes. Extreme weight loss. Had to stop after 11 doses. Stomach worse then before. I have to add that I also had Amoxicillin and Protonix at the same time, maybe the combination was at fault for this extreme reaction."

Traude (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2014