User Reviews for Flagyl

Surgical Prophylaxis 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Flagyl reviews 70 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Flagyl

Review by rahelle:

For Bacterial Infection: Within 2 days my bacterial vaginitis completely cleared up. I don't take antibiotics or any sort of medicine often and this is why, no appetite and some other side effects but would rather take that over bacterial vaginitis!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2015 10:57 PM

Review by teaysboy:

For Diverticulitis: In 2009 I was diagnosed with diverticulitis had lots of blood loss. Six years to the month I had a sudden flare up, high temp cramps. Instead of going to the doctor right away I took amoxicillin that I had. Started feeling better and went out to eat and bam cramping started. Went to see my doctor he put me on Cipro and Flagyl been on it for 4 days now the pain is gone still have bloating. The meds made my urine dark, and my head feels stuffed up. Burning in my eyes. Don't do what I did, go to your doctor. I'm making an appointment to see a specialist.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2015 7:51 PM

Review by Jolenne H:

For Bacterial Infection: This medicine works SO well! The smell and heavy discharge were gone within 2 days of this 10 day medication. A lot of other people report feeling sick and restless but this was not my experience at all. The only side effect I experienced was lightheadedness due to the medicine's ability to dehydrate the body. The only thing that really sucks about this medication is not being able to drink alcohol-- and seriously, don't even attempt it. You will thank me later.

February 16, 2015 1:22 PM

Review by KL23:

For Bacterial Infection: This works every single time I have bacterial vaginitis.

January 12, 2015 9:15 AM

Review by tlwrigh1:

For Bacterial Infection: First just to comment on the medicine itself, I was taking 500mg pills every 12 hours for 7 days. I did not get to finish. The medicine is amazing! The smell and discharge were gone within the 1st two pills. The worst part were the side effects and this is why I didn't finish. I was constantly vomiting and could not sleep at all. Every time I tried to eat or drink anything I threw it right up. I also experienced diarrhea but that was not nearly as bad as the vomiting. I quit on day 4 because I couldn't bare the side effects, but the medicine itself is really a life saver!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2015 8:51 AM

For Bacterial Infection: I take it with a banana so I can't taste it, no effects except for headaches.

December 14, 2014 11:41 PM

Review by Diverticulitis boy (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diverticulitis: Flagyl leaves a bad taste in my mouth after a couple of days, makes my urine smell bad, and causes nausea (so get some anti nausea meds along with it). That being said - it does the job very well. Noticeable improvement within 1--3 days.

December 3, 2014 10:20 PM

Review by lonski:

For Diverticulitis: I ended up in the ER with diverticulitis and was given Cipro and Flagyl. Yes the taste is bitter and things don't taste so good. However, despite the taste, I have gotten significantly better with the two medicines and that is the main thing for me. As with any medicines some of us will experience different side effects if any, but if this is one of them, this is very minor. I did not experience the nausea or a lot of other ones I read about with these medicines.

November 9, 2014 5:07 PM

Review by CNored:

For Bacterial Infection: Works well, but the taste is horrible. I'm taking them twice a day for a week. For the first couple of days, I had diarrhea very bad and after taking the medication, I ended up with a yeast infection. So, I had to treat that as well with a 7 day cream.

October 21, 2014 3:36 PM

Review by sla83838:

For Bacterial Infection: This worked wonders for me. Always cleared up my bacterial vaginosis!

October 21, 2014 1:38 AM

Review by Tried It!:

For Bacterial Infection: Everyone is different. If you can, ask your doctor for the inserts. They are great but expensive and some insurances will not pay for it. Both the vaginal inserts and the pill form will rid you of the awful symptoms. The worry with inserts is, does the inserts completely get rid of the infection? With the pills, a person knows the bacteria is being targeted from the inside-out. The first time I took the pill form and several times after, I experience all of the side effects mentioned in the previous reviews. Some people will experience all, others some, and some, no side effects at all. I wish for a pill form that doesn't make "Some of us" feel so bad. For those of us whom are affected the worse, I wish all Insurance would pay.

October 2, 2014 4:24 AM

Review by Traude (taken for less than 1 month):

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: Most horrible side effects: Bitter taste in mouth even hours after administration, balance problems, confusion, surroundings seem unreal, like walking in a dream ( not a good one) concentration problems, general malaise, not able to eat anything but oatmeal and mashed potatoes. Extreme weight loss. Had to stop after 11 doses. Stomach worse then before. I have to add that I also had Amoxicillin and Protonix at the same time, maybe the combination was at fault for this extreme reaction.

June 19, 2014 7:57 PM

Review by Jenna24:

For Bacterial Infection: Works well but the taste is horrid.

May 28, 2014 9:33 PM

Review by ammulle (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diverticulitis: Had my first flare with diverticulitis 4 months ago, ended up in the emergency room. Prescribed Bactrim and Flagyl and four days bed rest. Pain subsided after 2 days on the meds, but felt pretty crummy for the next week, and had to deal with loss of taste and bad taste in my mouth. Didn't attribute feeling so yucky with the meds. Had a second milder diverticulitis flare up four days ago. Went to the doc 2 days ago and I'm back on Bactrim and Flagyl. Came back to work today and I am SO NAUSEOUS! The bad taste in my mouth has returned, and I really don't feel well at all. I really DO NOT want to end up where I was last Jan when I went to the emergency room - so I'm still taking the Flagyl. Doc gave me Zofran for the nausea, it helps some.

May 9, 2014 5:56 PM

Review by Nanamama5 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Started this 4 days ago for an anaerobic infection in my jaw, that had not responded to other medication. The first I developed a severe headache at bedtime, took one of the pain pills the dentist had prescribed because of my jaw/tooth abscess. Took care of it, and went about my business. So far, every NIGHT I developed a headache an hour or so after taking my last dose of the day (1 500mg tab twice a day). This is day 4. Only other side effect I've noticed is significantly darkened urine. I would have been really worried about that (as I have kidney stones) but had a routine visit with my urologist today who said it was ok and would go away.

April 8, 2014 5:27 AM

Review by Niki 32yrs (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Taken at night with a common yeast infection pill worked great!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2014 9:24 AM

Review by A mom79:

For Bacterial Infection: Doctor prescribed this medication for bacterial vaginitis 3x a day for 7 days well I took my 1st dose no problem except a little diarrhea. Took my second dose and went to bed. A few hours later I'm awakened out of my sleep to a tingling face. My right side of my face is swollen.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2014 12:13 AM

Review by Ms.Aerie:

For Diverticulitis: Took Flagyl and Cipro together - felt worse than I did before - all the side effects everyone is mentioning. However, the alternative - raging infection - not really an option. Taking my diet seriously moving forward.

January 25, 2014 10:23 PM

Review by Lalalinda:

For Diverticulitis: It seems I've had Experiences that a lot of these other people do with feeling worse than I did before on these medications with the Cipro and Flagyl and I'm nauseous I'm dizzy I have foggy brain I can't eat the taste is horrible and I feel like I can't function. I've been On this for the second time in a year and it's doing the same thing same side effects. I don't like feeling this way at all. I can't drive or go to work. I've been on it for 4 days out of 10 and its Christmas! My pain has subsided though.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 23, 2013 10:48 PM

Review by Wild kite (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diverticulitis: Used both Flagyl and Cipro. Also I found that after 7 days the color of my urine did not look right, freaked out and did some calling around to pharmacist, only to find out said yes this is a side effect although not real common, of course I would be the odd ball.

December 2, 2013 4:28 PM

Review by TayMade (taken for less than 1 month):

For Trichomoniasis: I started the medicine and didn't have any side effects for up to three days, but after the third day the side effects hit me big time. I was sick to my stomach, and I had vomiting. I didn't have a problem with the taste of the pill, I just threw it in the back of my throat and chugged some juice to make it go away really quickly. My infection seems to have cleared up, after the first two days. No discharge, or itching. Haven't had intercourse yet to see if the discomfort was gone but will make another review when that happens. Great medicine!

December 2, 2013 11:51 AM

Review by hE'ScHEATINGoNmE! (taken for less than 1 month):

For Trichomoniasis: Got this from a cheating boyfriend and received this medicine. Went back for a follow up in two weeks and I was given a clean bill of health.

November 21, 2013 2:05 AM

Review by anon17:

For Bacterial Infection: I'm taking Flagyl for what I guess is a bacterial infection but I've been taking it for a few days possibly even a week and I cant really tell a difference, all I know is that I have an inflamed colon and I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy in December, I'm taking 500mg three times a day for 14 days and sometimes I do miss a dose every now and again, could this be why I haven't noticed much change?? and I haven't experienced any side effects aside from feeling a little tired because i always take it after a meal, the only thing i have to complain about it is that its uncoated so it tastes pretty bad but if you just take a mouthful of drink first then drop the pill in it really helps with the taste. btw im only 17 years old

November 4, 2013 12:24 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Been on this for a week! Even though it's taking care of my issue I can't wait to take my last pill. I've been sick to my stomach, loss of appetite, headache, dizzy, blurry vision, disoriented, fatigued, can't sleep well. Just ready for this course to be over.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2013 9:43 AM

Review by Josh888:

For Diverticulitis: Don't drink alcohol while on this. I had 1 light beer (approx 0.9 standard drinks) and felt completely ill. Also ironic that you should take this pill after eating, though with acute diverticulitis you shouldn't eat at all. I found drinks like Up & Go (breakfast drink) were a good option. Medication does work but tastes horrible.

October 6, 2013 11:16 PM