User Reviews for Flagyl

Pseudomembranous Colitis 0 reviews 11 medications Not rated - Be the first
Surgical Prophylaxis 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Flagyl reviews 83 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Flagyl

For Bacterial Infection "I was prescribed the 7-day, 3 times a day dose for BV. As to symptoms clearing/persisting, I wouldn't know because I didn't notice anything amiss to begin with (no noticeable smell or discharge). The GYN recommended Flagyl after my annual appointment possibly because I was developing BV. I don't know if it's the medicine, but I developed the worst sore throat I've had in years. Congestion interspersed with runny nose, sinus pressure, throat pain, sneezing, coughing, raw nose, the works. It feels like a mix between strep throat and a sinus infection. I feel like my head is in a vice. The only other thing that's changed is darker urine than usual. I'm on my last pill and I started getting sick on day 4 of antibiotics."

Am C May 15, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "Nausea and vomiting for at least 6hrs"

stephs86 May 7, 2015

For Bacterial Vaginitis "I hate experiencing Bacterial Vaginosis ! The smell is horrible and makes u feel very uncomfortable around ppl. The discharge is disgusting like thick cottage cheese. "

Anonymous May 7, 2015

For Diverticulitis "This is my third day on flagyl and cipro, 3 flagyl and 2 cipro per day. The flagyl does not leave an awful taste in my mouth but some food smells awful...the herbs and flowers in my garden smell nice however. I also feel very anxious, but know now this is a possible side effect. It is a slow depressing recovery but flagyl worked for me before. I will be very careful what I eat from now on and I am going to try some liquid meals and eat gelatinous foods...chicken stew, avocados, beetroots, prunes....its very hard to maintain a healthy diet when you have to work."

diversional May 3, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "I can't express enough how much this pill has helped!! I'm taking it for BV. My symptoms were gone by day 3. I should add that I have severe allergies to MANY strands of antibiotics (I'm talking epi-pen type allergies). For me to be able to take this with almost zero side effects is amazing. I had a slight headache day 2 and I sort of feel like I'm always hungry, but I would take any side effect for 7 days over the smell of BV!!"

Someone;-) April 29, 2015

For Clostridial Infection "Took 500mg 3 times per day for 14 days to treat a c. diff infection. Within the 1st week the side effects kicked in. Horrible taste in my mouth 24/7 then followed by constant nausea, loss of appetite. I was so nauseous by the end that I couldn't get off the couch. Took it with meals, and I haven't had an alcoholic drink in 3 yrs. Chewed gum all the time to deal with the taste. Horrible side effects, but very effective. Was feeling normal again within a few days of starting it."

dramaqueen0408 (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "THE TASTE OF THIS MEDICINE IS SO BITTER. I HAve TO CHEW GUM AFTER, I HAD REALLY BAD STOMACH PAINS THEN DIARRHEA ALL NIGHT LONG."

T1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "Today is my 3rd day on this antibiotic. I had been experiencing an embarrassing discharge for a few months now. I repeatedly asked my doctor to test me for BV -- After 3 failed attempts to have my doctor test me for bacterial vaginosis, telling me that I was being overly sensitive - I finally sought a second opinion, and turns out, I did in fact have the infection. I am on my third day of the antibiotic (twice a day for seven days) and while I have noticed some uncomfortable side effects such as restlessness and night and mild queasiness - my symptoms are completely gone. No discharge, no embarrassing smell. Thank heavens! I will gladly be slightly uncomfortable for a week to rid myself of this disgusting, embarrassing infection."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

For Diverticulitis "First off, don't forget that a lot of people are probably doing excellent with little-to-no problems with this antibiotic. Sort of like you never really hear from happy customers, usually the unsatisfied ones. Also that everyone's body reacts differently. ...that being said, Holy Cow the nausea! Ugh... Stomach cramps and pretty much constant nausea all day today (day 2). Eventually had to leave work early. Pepto did not help. Going to try taking Nauzene with me to work tomorrow, see if it helps. (OTC nausea medication - a life saver in the past) Taking it with Cipro. Been on this combo before for my diverticulitis without so many stomach problems. Still a better option than the huge waves of pain from a flare-up."

Seattle Guy (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "Took flagyl to treat bv (I actually think it was trich) one doctor said it was trich one said it was bv. Don't expect to see results within 3 days 4 days or etc. everyone's different. Odour went away for me within 4-5 days and discharge never went away until the last pill! Even 3 days after I had clumps of discharge but it was just cleaning itself. I kept reading reviews and making myself paranoid and wanting to cry lol. This is my third time and it's finally gone. I also wash with vagisil ph balance. Btw Don't have sex and don't take medication that will counter act the medicine. (E.g. Tums for stomach relief or Tylenol/Advil)That is all! Hope this helped!"

KIJ March 23, 2015

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection "I was put on this drug, intravaneously, following emergency surgery for an anal abcess. When I awoke in the hospital several hours after surgery, the first reaction felt like hot, fluid fire being poured down my throat...burning my mouth, throat, esophagus, and stomach. After that, I immediately began havid horrid hallucinations...saw several dark, death shadows hovering over me and flying across the ceiling and walls. I immediately called the nurse and told her about the symtoms, and insisted that she remove all IVs (she wasn't very symphathetic). I finally slept for a couple of hours, but when I awoke, I had an awful metallic taste in my mouth that lasted for 2 weeks after I was released."

Boomer53 (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "I've been taking flagyl 500mg twice a day for 6 days now for bacterial vaginitis. I almost decided to give up on sx but I told my new bf that we have to be extra careful next time. Wash our hands like a surgeon. I'm not even sure I want to have oral sx anymore. I just don't think it is worth it. Is it possible not to get an infection with oral. I am at the home stretch. I have that metallic taste in my mouth and nausea. I'm also fatigued but I am a mother of two girls and it could be anything. My doctor actually prescribed this medication for 10 days but I'm only doing it for 7. My symptoms are gone and I just wanted to comment because I like reading other people's stories. It really helps me not feel so alone."

almost over March 9, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "Within 2 days my bacterial vaginitis completely cleared up. I don't take antibiotics or any sort of medicine often and this is why, no appetite and some other side effects but would rather take that over bacterial vaginitis!"

rahelle March 8, 2015

For Diverticulitis "In 2009 I was diagnosed with diverticulitis had lots of blood loss. Six years to the month I had a sudden flare up, high temp cramps. Instead of going to the doctor right away I took amoxicillin that I had. Started feeling better and went out to eat and bam cramping started. Went to see my doctor he put me on Cipro and Flagyl been on it for 4 days now the pain is gone still have bloating. The meds made my urine dark, and my head feels stuffed up. Burning in my eyes. Don't do what I did, go to your doctor. I'm making an appointment to see a specialist."

teaysboy March 5, 2015

For Diverticulitis "The side effects of taking Flagyl are not pleasant but they're worth it as this antibiotic certainly seems effective in relieving sporadic attacks of diverticulitis. I have been prescribed it along with Chephalexin for maximum efficacy. As stated elsewhere, do not go near alcohol during medication, ie: consider yourself on the wagon for the duration of treatment! Finding the right diet (which for me includes no wheat) seems critical in controlling the disease."

gutman (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "This medicine works SO well! The smell and heavy discharge were gone within 2 days of this 10 day medication. A lot of other people report feeling sick and restless but this was not my experience at all. The only side effect I experienced was lightheadedness due to the medicine's ability to dehydrate the body. The only thing that really sucks about this medication is not being able to drink alcohol-- and seriously, don't even attempt it. You will thank me later."

Jolenne H February 16, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "I get reoccurring Bacterial Vaginitis. This medication is the only one that works. I've used tea tree oil suppositories, & 500mg boric acid suppositories. You can possibly get a yeast infection if you are sensitive. Boric acid suppositories are the only thing that works for clearing up a yeast infection. Bacteria that cause Bacterial Vaginits can be held in the urethra of a man so I would be aware of reoccurring infections with the same partner. Maybe get him treated also. Keep your sugar intake low. Strengthen your immune system. The gel is more expensive but seems to be soothing. The pills will get you well but do NOT ingest alcohol at all or you will get violently ill. I forgot at a work function once, never again!"

Cg00 (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "This works every single time I have bacterial vaginitis. "

KL23 January 12, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "First just to comment on the medicine itself, I was taking 500mg pills every 12 hours for 7 days. I did not get to finish. The medicine is amazing! The smell and discharge were gone within the 1st two pills. The worst part were the side effects and this is why I didn't finish. I was constantly vomiting and could not sleep at all. Every time I tried to eat or drink anything I threw it right up. I also experienced diarrhea but that was not nearly as bad as the vomiting. I quit on day 4 because I couldn't bare the side effects, but the medicine itself is really a life saver!"

tlwrigh1 January 8, 2015

For Bacterial Infection "I take it with a banana so I can't taste it, no effects except for headaches."

Anonymous December 14, 2014

For Diverticulitis "Flagyl leaves a bad taste in my mouth after a couple of days, makes my urine smell bad, and causes nausea (so get some anti nausea meds along with it). That being said - it does the job very well. Noticeable improvement within 1--3 days."

Diverticulitis boy (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2014

For Diverticulitis "I ended up in the ER with diverticulitis and was given Cipro and Flagyl. Yes the taste is bitter and things don't taste so good. However, despite the taste, I have gotten significantly better with the two medicines and that is the main thing for me. As with any medicines some of us will experience different side effects if any, but if this is one of them, this is very minor. I did not experience the nausea or a lot of other ones I read about with these medicines."

lonski November 9, 2014

For Bacterial Infection "Works well, but the taste is horrible. I'm taking them twice a day for a week. For the first couple of days, I had diarrhea very bad and after taking the medication, I ended up with a yeast infection. So, I had to treat that as well with a 7 day cream."

CNored October 21, 2014

For Bacterial Infection "This worked wonders for me. Always cleared up my bacterial vaginosis!"

sla83838 October 21, 2014

For Bacterial Infection "Everyone is different. If you can, ask your doctor for the inserts. They are great but expensive and some insurances will not pay for it. Both the vaginal inserts and the pill form will rid you of the awful symptoms. The worry with inserts is, does the inserts completely get rid of the infection? With the pills, a person knows the bacteria is being targeted from the inside-out. The first time I took the pill form and several times after, I experience all of the side effects mentioned in the previous reviews. Some people will experience all, others some, and some, no side effects at all. I wish for a pill form that doesn't make "Some of us" feel so bad. For those of us whom are affected the worse, I wish all Insurance would pay."

Tried It! October 2, 2014