User Reviews for Flagyl

Surgical Prophylaxis 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Flagyl reviews 59 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Flagyl

Review by Traude (taken for less than 1 month):

For Helicobacter Pylori Infection: Most horrible side effects: Bitter taste in mouth even hours after administration, balance problems, confusion, surroundings seem unreal, like walking in a dream ( not a good one) concentration problems, general malaise, not able to eat anything but oatmeal and mashed potatoes. Extreme weight loss. Had to stop after 11 doses. Stomach worse then before. I have to add that I also had Amoxicillin and Protonix at the same time, maybe the combination was at fault for this extreme reaction.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 19, 2014 7:57 PM

Review by Jenna24:

For Bacterial Infection: Works well but the taste is horrid.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 9:33 PM

Review by ammulle (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diverticulitis: Had my first flare with diverticulitis 4 months ago, ended up in the emergency room. Prescribed Bactrim and Flagyl and four days bed rest. Pain subsided after 2 days on the meds, but felt pretty crummy for the next week, and had to deal with loss of taste and bad taste in my mouth. Didn't attribute feeling so yucky with the meds. Had a second milder diverticulitis flare up four days ago. Went to the doc 2 days ago and I'm back on Bactrim and Flagyl. Came back to work today and I am SO NAUSEOUS! The bad taste in my mouth has returned, and I really don't feel well at all. I really DO NOT want to end up where I was last Jan when I went to the emergency room - so I'm still taking the Flagyl. Doc gave me Zofran for the nausea, it helps some.

May 9, 2014 5:56 PM

Review by Nanamama5 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Started this 4 days ago for an anaerobic infection in my jaw, that had not responded to other medication. The first I developed a severe headache at bedtime, took one of the pain pills the dentist had prescribed because of my jaw/tooth abscess. Took care of it, and went about my business. So far, every NIGHT I developed a headache an hour or so after taking my last dose of the day (1 500mg tab twice a day). This is day 4. Only other side effect I've noticed is significantly darkened urine. I would have been really worried about that (as I have kidney stones) but had a routine visit with my urologist today who said it was ok and would go away.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 8, 2014 5:27 AM

Review by Niki 32yrs (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Taken at night with a common yeast infection pill worked great!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 19, 2014 9:24 AM

Review by A mom79:

For Bacterial Infection: Doctor prescribed this medication for bacterial vaginitis 3x a day for 7 days well I took my 1st dose no problem except a little diarrhea. Took my second dose and went to bed. A few hours later I'm awakened out of my sleep to a tingling face. My right side of my face is swollen.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 1, 2014 12:13 AM

Review by Ms.Aerie:

For Diverticulitis: Took Flagyl and Cipro together - felt worse than I did before - all the side effects everyone is mentioning. However, the alternative - raging infection - not really an option. Taking my diet seriously moving forward.

January 25, 2014 10:23 PM

Review by Lalalinda:

For Diverticulitis: It seems I've had Experiences that a lot of these other people do with feeling worse than I did before on these medications with the Cipro and Flagyl and I'm nauseous I'm dizzy I have foggy brain I can't eat the taste is horrible and I feel like I can't function. I've been On this for the second time in a year and it's doing the same thing same side effects. I don't like feeling this way at all. I can't drive or go to work. I've been on it for 4 days out of 10 and its Christmas! My pain has subsided though.

December 23, 2013 10:48 PM

Review by Wild kite (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diverticulitis: Used both Flagyl and Cipro. Also I found that after 7 days the color of my urine did not look right, freaked out and did some calling around to pharmacist, only to find out said yes this is a side effect although not real common, of course I would be the odd ball.

December 2, 2013 4:28 PM

Review by TayMade (taken for less than 1 month):

For Trichomoniasis: I started the medicine and didn't have any side effects for up to three days, but after the third day the side effects hit me big time. I was sick to my stomach, and I had vomiting. I didn't have a problem with the taste of the pill, I just threw it in the back of my throat and chugged some juice to make it go away really quickly. My infection seems to have cleared up, after the first two days. No discharge, or itching. Haven't had intercourse yet to see if the discomfort was gone but will make another review when that happens. Great medicine!

December 2, 2013 11:51 AM

Review by hE'ScHEATINGoNmE! (taken for less than 1 month):

For Trichomoniasis: Got this from a cheating boyfriend and received this medicine. Went back for a follow up in two weeks and I was given a clean bill of health.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2013 2:05 AM

Review by anon17:

For Bacterial Infection: I'm taking Flagyl for what I guess is a bacterial infection but I've been taking it for a few days possibly even a week and I cant really tell a difference, all I know is that I have an inflamed colon and I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy in December, I'm taking 500mg three times a day for 14 days and sometimes I do miss a dose every now and again, could this be why I haven't noticed much change?? and I haven't experienced any side effects aside from feeling a little tired because i always take it after a meal, the only thing i have to complain about it is that its uncoated so it tastes pretty bad but if you just take a mouthful of drink first then drop the pill in it really helps with the taste. btw im only 17 years old

November 4, 2013 12:24 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Been on this for a week! Even though it's taking care of my issue I can't wait to take my last pill. I've been sick to my stomach, loss of appetite, headache, dizzy, blurry vision, disoriented, fatigued, can't sleep well. Just ready for this course to be over.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2013 9:43 AM

Review by Josh888:

For Diverticulitis: Don't drink alcohol while on this. I had 1 light beer (approx 0.9 standard drinks) and felt completely ill. Also ironic that you should take this pill after eating, though with acute diverticulitis you shouldn't eat at all. I found drinks like Up & Go (breakfast drink) were a good option. Medication does work but tastes horrible.

October 6, 2013 11:16 PM

Review by Anonymous NY (taken for less than 1 month):

For Giardiasis: I took Flagyl and Cipro for giardia and salmonella diagnosis. Both taken for one week. The Flagyl has a terrible taste and you have to drink something besides water while you are taking it because everything tastes metallic. It works to eradicate the infection but I was very happy when the seven days of treatment was over. I also experienced lack of appetite however you must eat something when you take Flagyl or it will upset your stomach. Other side effects experienced: bloating, burping, hiccups, terrible taste in my mouth all the time, lack of energy. But the need for the medication outweighs the side effects and it took care of the infection.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 15, 2013 11:25 AM

Review by charlyd:

For Pneumonia: The medication is a very good antibiotic & it really did help my situation.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2013 7:06 PM

For Diverticulitis: I have been taking Flagyl and Cipro for Diverticulitis and it seems to be helping. After my stay in the hospital where the doctor put me on a food rest for several days, including IV antibiotics he prescribed these two meds. There are some issues I have had taking them such as low energy level, limited concentration when getting tired, but most of all nausea. I recommend if you are going to be taking either or both of these meds always take with plenty of food (meal time not just a snack), don't plan on doing too much (you won't have the energy), and ask your Doctor for a as needed prescription of a nausea medicine just in case you need it. I have needed something for nausea at least once daily since on the medicine.

August 11, 2013 3:10 AM

Review by ashleyelizabeth8:

For Bacterial Infection: I really don't understand all the negative reviews for this medicine. I've been on it for three solid days now and have had absolutely no issues. I'm taking 500 mg, one pill twice a day. I've been taking it after lunch and dinner and haven't had any issues with diarrhea, nausea, or dizziness. As for people complaining about the taste of the pill, how are you even able to know what it tastes like? It should be in your mouth for less than a second, just swallow it down with a glass of water or some orange juice.

July 24, 2013 10:19 PM

Review by Liz1979:

For Bacterial Infection: Started taking Flagyl for bacterial vaginitis on Friday. Didn't start feeling side effects until late Saturday, where I experienced flu like symptoms. It is now Tuesday, and I can't wait until my last dose. I am taking 500mg every 12 hours for 7 days. I also have interstitial cystitis, which I think the medicine is irritating my bladder. Fatigue is the worst symptom so far, doesn't help when I work midnights and am already tired. No diarrhea though, and no yeast infection yet. When they prescribed it too me, I was not happy! I just tell myself the benefits outweigh the risks. I just hope my Interstitial Cystitis symptoms subside when this is done.

April 2, 2013 6:25 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: Before I started this medicine I was so worried because of all the reviews about bad side effects. I can honestly say I did not have a bad experience at all. I was on 500mg twice a day for 7 days. The 2nd day I was on it, I had very slight nausea in the evening but I started watching T.V and when the show was over my nausea was gone. The 3rd day, I had some wine and I was on my 2nd glass when I remembered I'm not supposed to drink while on Flagyl. I just finished my last dose & haven't experienced anymore nausea or anything. I've been lethargic the last 2 days but that may be due to getting my period. Not everyone has a bad reaction!

March 19, 2013 11:39 PM

Review by Glunk:

For Diverticulitis: The taste of Flagyl is simply abominable. It should be encapsulated. Been taking it a week with CIPRO. Stomach grumblings sound like a flatulent trombone lasting for 10-seconds at a stretch.

March 17, 2013 10:21 PM

Review by JPCPSVA:

For Bacterial Infection: For the last few years I have had recurrences, sometimes as often as once a week of vomiting and diarrhea. It seemed to be traced to exhaustion and fatty foods. In the meantime, my wife contacted C. Difficile in the hospital. Along the way, I may have contracted C.Diffcile too. In any event, my doctor prescribe Flagyl, which I took four times a day for 10 days. This cleared everything up but the problem kept occurring. For the last 45 days I have been taking 2, 250 mg. capsules once a day. Recently I have cut down to one. Although I have had occasional diarrhea, there has been no vomiting or nausea.

February 10, 2013 1:41 PM

Review by Ziyal (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bacterial Infection: I had constant nausea and mild diarrhea on it until I eliminated dairy products. Took more than 24 hours after the last serving, but both the nausea and the diarrhea went away. I've also experienced fatigue, vertigo and a lot of trouble concentrating. Ugh. But it does seem to be doing the job. I'm taking it and another antibiotic for an infected surgical wound.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2013 6:34 PM

Review by suzyandre (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diverticulitis: After several years of diverticulitis and some very severe attacks including bleeding, I gave in and medicated with Flagyl. I only took 200mg twice a day and my symptoms disappeared, relatively no side effects other than dry mouth. I was vigilant with diet and NO ALCOHOL! Feel great but worry about re-occurrence.

November 11, 2012 1:57 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bacterial Infection: My doctor gave me this because I had bacterial vaginosis. Not even 12 hours in to my first dose, I got the metallic taste in my mouth, then severe stomach cramps and nausea. I'm on day 5 and have had bouts of nausea throughout the course of my medication. My appetite has gone way, way down and I'm SO tired! I literally will sleep 12 hours and then get up for 2 then go back to bed for another 4! Having trouble staying awake at work, but it is doing its job!

October 30, 2012 2:36 PM